Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do people keep buying Ebay crap?

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    Yes I did. I commented before you started trolling making idiotic statements. This is just a forum you can't tell if your being serious or just being sarcastic. I get flamed for being sarcastic so why should you be any different for making comments like "the manifold was upside down."

Smh....trolls... Did you buy a how to on eBay ? "Trolling for dummies"
    You read the first page but think I completely turned around my original post and started typing like an idiot? There's a difference in joking and trolling, trolling would have been to come in here and immediately start acting like I wrote above, clearly you didn't read the first page, or can't. Either or.

Let me remind you:

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    First off, there's NO SUCH THING AS AN EBAY PRODUCT.

Just because it's sold on eBay doesn't mean eBay has anything to do with the manufacturing. The cheap coilovers, typically referred to as eBay coilovers, are the same quality as other cheap coilovers not sold on eBay.

With that said, I have no issues buying used. Unless it's like 100,000 mile struts or something like that. If it works then it's ready to go, I don't care about that. In fact for me there are tons of "eBay" parts I'd buy before spending a load on name brand if I was into that type of thing. Cheap short shifter? Why not? Cheap shift knob? Sure. Cheap steering wheel hub? No. There are some things I agree would be stupid, others not so much.

I've seen many many road racers use the cheap eBay coilovers without EVER having an issue. We even installed some on a rally cross Civic and had them set barely lower than stock and they NEVER had a problem. The springs can be iffy but the perches are typically fine.

eBay control arms DON'T EXIST. Those are just lower quality manufacturers, the same you can buy from parts retailers. The thread should say in that case why don't you buy OEM everything?
    You even commented right under me. You don't ever read anything anyone else posts do you?

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    You read the first page but think I completely turned around my original post and started typing like an idiot? There's a difference in joking and trolling, trolling would have been to come in here and immediately start acting like I wrote above, clearly you didn't read the first page, or can't. Either or.

Let me remind you:

You even commented right under me. You don't ever read anything anyone else posts do you?
    I honestly did not see the post lol I'm on tap talk and if you post around the same time it doesn't show until I re fresh the page. It also jumps to the new post. I apologize then. Carry on sir
    <3 Catnipples

buy me some STP octane booster whatever210's Avatar

holy crap! the world must be ending! this is the first thread i've ever encountered where quickdodge hasnt said "Later,QD" at the end of his post. like wtf man?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever210 View Post
    holy crap! the world must be ending! this is the first thread i've ever encountered where quickdodge hasnt said "Later,QD" at the end of his post. like wtf man?
    I thought that was just a auto saved signature ?
    <3 Catnipples

well it cant be auto if it did not appear in here. fucking magic man! i mean thats his sig! its wigging me out

Forrealz though, Ebay is good shit if you know how to use it. At least 95% of my car was built off parts from that site. Damn near Everything but my engine which came from a local honda engine dealer and my hondata shits.
    twenty-two

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatever210 View Post
    I quit doing that a few months ago. In fact, it was in September, I believe. I even posted an announcement that I was retiring the deal, lolol.

Nope. Since 2001, I actually typed that at the end of every post. About 70,000 times.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    I quit doing that a few months ago. In fact, it was in September, I believe. I even posted an announcement that I was retiring the deal,
    I'm terribly sorry for your loss....(in my ice man voice) everybody liked it.....I'm sorry.

IA Member

I would have to say I buy from ebay all the time but I also Buy from dealers known for name brand legit parts

OP's an idiot lol
    1994 Nissan Skyline BNR32- Currently being built for 1000+awhp (the works)

2003 Subaru Wrx (jdm sti ext.conv)- 6.0 LSx , T56, Fast 92 TB,IM,MS4 cam,+++

1995 Nissan S14.5- Sr20det, built motor, full race 3071r turbo kit, z32 tranny+++

1997 Honda Civic Ek Hatch- In process: K24/20 BC stroker, custom turbo kit, tubbed +++

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Naber View Post
    OP's an idiot lol
    what makes you say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Leave it to E36Slide to turn a thready gay.....like everything he touches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I like telling everyone I know that we are extremely personal friends.
    And I still have your cell phone number from that one time we traded wheels.
    And I'll sell it to them for $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    I mean, I can understand the allure of saving a few bucks if you're building your car to go fast, but why Ebay shit? I have never bought an Ebay product to put on my car. It's always name brands that are synonymous with quality. If I can't afford to buy a product new, or if it's a part that doesn't see as much stress from driving, then I'll buy a used name brand product. And when I'm looking at ads to buy or trade for a car, if I see Ebay even in the ad anywhere, I immediately click "back". I don't care if it's an Ebay short shifter, I close the ad and never look at it again.

I am just looking for insight from people who buy Ebay turbos, control arms, coilovers, etc. Are you people not worried about a brand new Ebay turbo you paid $400 for coming apart the first time you hit 15psi and shatter your compressor wheel, sending it into your engine? Or are you not worried about that Ebay control arm kit coming undone when you hit a few good bumps and sending your car into a wall or oncoming traffic? Or how about going through the pain in the ass job of installing a turbo kit, and 3 months later having to take it right back out to fix the shitty welds on that shiny exhaust manifold?
    I get what the OP is saying. He's referring to the poorly engineered / poor quality parts sold on ebay, hence the term ebay parts. When he says "ebay parts" i understood immediately what he meant. I have no gripes with ebay. For my JRSC build i bought new parts off ebay, but i stick with brands i trust and look for higher quality parts. I.E. i got a koyo race aluminum radiator. High end brand if you ask me since they do OEM production. I also got a Exedy stage 1 off ebay was well. Both of those parts i negotiated on and got a decent deal on new parts in the box. So, there is nothing wrong with ebay per say except for the plethora of cheap engineered parts scattered on there for sale. That is where i have the problem.

Honestly i like good engineered stuff and chase after them like no other. Sure i could to a big box retailer and get it off the shelf but good engineering costs money. Most of the time i believe in the you get what you pay for.

Case in point Stihl power equipment - sure i could get a trimmer from home depot and get the echo or homelite brand or whatever. But i chose stihl b/c of the reviews i read, the german engineering ( well the item feels like it in my hand), rebuild parts i could get all day long, parts availablility on ebay, dealers etc. I look at the echo brand and it's a distant second. And actually, Stihl is the best selling brand of power equipment - so they say. Even sears but i read so many bad reviews it's ridiculous. Stihl is just the whole package. It's expensive but i pay for engineering, etc. My honda lawn mower - same thing. Good engineering and it's quite smooth for what it is. Expensive as hell though.

My carry on luggage - i use to use a hand me down brown turd luggage for a long time from walmart. Last yr rolls around and I discovered the Tumi brand and it was time to upgrade. Again why did i choose this brand b/c i liked the engineering behind it and i wanted something for traveling to be more durable. it's expensive as hell but like usual i look for deals and got it on sale for 35% off. Sure i could get walmart but i wanted something proven in the business world and so i choose Tumi lol. Actually, i have a coworker who buys it as well.

Some aftermarket parts brands i use - AEM, HKS, Map ECU, Greddy, PHR, Sparco, Hondata. These brands cost alot of dough but i buy the products for the engineering behind them. I pick up a HKS dragger and i can see the quality in the pc. and why it costs what it does and not under $200 for a complete cat back exhaust etc. Granted do i use cheaper alternative stuff. I do and it varies when and where i use it. Just depends what it is.

And like he said if you can't afford new, go used. And that's i what i do mostly. Good engineering that's what i like. I have no problem with people buying what product line they get. Thats why they exist. I just prefer good engineered stuff - which alot of times cost more money. Do your research, lol. And no it's not about throwing away good money on good stuff. When you reach 382K on your eg hatch w/o ever getting stranded then i feel i made the right decisions on my parts - OEM and good quality aftermarket.

bad engineering, lol
    Lancer Rally Sport Blackworks vs. Mishimoto Radiator Part 1/2 - YouTube

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

hang a left, make a right and you're there

if you put that 300zx on ebay it may sell quicker...... just saying...

Do you homework on the parts before buying from anywhere. Me personally i get popular name brands i know works very well with my car. Ebay is just known for having really good deals on top-the-line stuff sometimes.

If you have problems with only being an Abercrombie & Fitch receiver, then definitely its excellent for you. But there's no purpose to grumble about Wal*Mart the tuners. Individuals do what they do. Let them be without placing yourself on a greater stand. . . . . . . . .
    Surfers Rent A Car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12