Thread: What do you think this Trans Am is worth?

Certified Gearhead

Default What do you think this Trans Am is worth?

There's a guy that's been emailing wanting to trade his 94 Trans Am Formula for my 300ZXTT that I'm asking $8k obo for. Anyways, here are the details he gave me on his car:

It's auto, has 190k on the body and 100k on the engine. Shifts fine, has tan leather but the driver seat is worn. Needs a headliner, he has the old one, it's just not in the car. The front bumper needs some touch up paint. 20" wheels with newish tires. Has a 5" Monster Tach installed. Just drove it 8 hours on a Christmas trip and made it fine. In the past 1.5 years, he says he's change the Opti and wires, 2 o2 sensors (but still needs 2 replaced which he'll fix), starter, alternator, and y-pipe with cat, and a few other various sensors he'd have to dig out records on.

He says he could include a low mile LT1 from a 95 Corvette with roller rockers. Also the original trans which 2nd died in, and the original starter that needs a solenoid, and the stock hood since the car has a ram air/cowl hood on it now. Even has the stock brakes from where he replaced with drilled/slotted rotors.

He's also sent numerous videos of the car running and driving so I could hear the sound and stuff. Even sent videos of a glass of water on the intake while idling and revving so I could see the motor ran smooth, and the mounts were good, so no wobbly engine.

Here are the pics he sent me. Keep in mind, some of them are when he first got the car and the pics with the cowl hood on it are the recent ones.

After seeing the pics last night, I told him I couldn't do an even trade. I didn't really need/have space for the extra engine, old trans, all that stuff, and with 190k on the chassis/suspension, that's a LOT. The motor might be fresh but suspension will be screaming for work. Also, I've seen many Trans Ams in roughly the same condition bodywise and having a few parts replaced like he did, for about $4000-$4500. I figured he'd get butthurt and cuss me out but today he replied asking how much cash it'd take to get him into my car. While I miss the hell out of my 95 I had, this one is OBD-II so some mods will make it harder to pass emissions, and of course the bumper needs probably $200-250 in paint/install from my friend's paint shop to get it looking right, and then a little paint on the stock hood since he said it's paint is in decent shape.

i wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Certified Gearhead

I want something different, and I miss my old T/A. The purpose of getting the cash on top is to fix the paint on the bumper and maybe throw in a mod or two. It's not set in stone, just thinking about it.

Not for a Formula and specially in that shape

Certified Gearhead

Ok is everyone missing the thread title? What is the car worth? That way if I decide on it, I can come up with a cash figure he needs to include.

Certified Gearhead

How much would a 98TA with a LS2 in it be worth? Mint body.. 120k on chassis but has new UMI racing suspension

$7,999 plus the firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Certified Gearhead

LOL The Fbody guy that responded on their forum didn't have too much nice to say either.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    Ok is everyone missing the thread title?
    I saw the thread title and I still wouldn't do it.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!