Thread: Gonna go look at an old Jaguar in a few days

Certified Gearhead

Default Gonna go look at an old Jaguar in a few days

There is a local guy selling this XJ6. I've wanted an early 80s XJ forever, and the bonus is he's wanting to trade an old 54 Chevy pickup project of mine towards a huge chunk of the price of the car. He says it needs fuel tank work and brake work to be driven regularly and it runs, so I'm going to go check it out Sunday.

I know Jaguar purists wont like it because it has a v8, but it was installed using a JTR kit so at least it's from a known company and not some backyard hack job. The exterior looks ok, I saw the little rust spot by the tail light and the blemish in the paint by the headlight. From what I can see, the interior looks pretty clean aside from the dash pad, and I'm sure the wood isn't the greatest but the seats look good from what I can see.

Will report back this weekend after I go check it out.

Hella stock member!

Certified Gearhead

Draguar! lol That's hilarious! I'll check it out, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    Draguar! lol That's hilarious! I'll check it out, thanks.
    I would kill for that guys job hahah. Its worth the watch.
    Hella stock member!

If you want a really nice old jag, theres one down the road from me for sale. Looks great from driving by.

Red, clean, no price listed.

edit:

Trolling craigslist and found this. Looks cool for a kit car.

1937 Jaguar S-100 reproduction 1975 Mustang II
    Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
    - John F. Kennedy

Certified Gearhead

There's a guy down that way with a nice clean white one with stock engine, but they won't send the pics I've been asking for since like 9 or 10 days ago. This guy is close, and will get a truck out of my driveway and a v8 Jag in it's place for next to nothing out of pocket.

Here's a nice one if you have the $$$

JAGUAR XJ6 1970

I love old jags. Definitly something I'll own one day. hope you find what you're looking for!
    Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
    - John F. Kennedy

Certified Gearhead

Yeah, there's no way I'm paying $6000 for an older Jaguar. In stock form they can be very unreliable....looks clean though.

Certified Gearhead

Went and checked it out the other day, just forgot to post back. The clearcoat is of course baked from being an older car but the interior is clean as a whistle. The leather is so soft, I defy anyone to find any car built within the past 5 years that has leather noticeably softer. The doors have a nice solid sound when they close, and the body is straight. The only rust is a little at the base of the rear window, a little at the base of the windshield and the little bit by the rear taillight. The carpet is also in mint condition. The dash is cracked in a few spots above the gauges and the finish on the wood panels on the dash of course are in bad shape, but what Jaguar has perfect wood? Anyways, we have a deal worked out on trading him my 54 Chevy pickup and I'm going to go pick it up Wednesday morning if all works out. Then, I get to charge start doing a brake overhaul on the fronts, and hope to God that fixes the sponginess and I don't have to touch the rear brakes lol Then I'm going to work on cleaning the fuel tanks and restoring them, unless they have some rust holes, then I'll just replace them instead.

After that, I should have a pretty clean daily driver that I can drive until I find a nice clean 327 or 350 to put in it to replace the 305 it currently has.