Thread: HOW was NOPI Nationals In Commerce Saturday? IYO..

Certified Gearhead BORICUACIVICR's Avatar

Default HOW was NOPI Nationals In Commerce Saturday? IYO..

Hey Just wanted to see what you guys Thought of NOPI Nats in Commerce this Saturday? was it as good as you thought it would be? Share your experience and pics.

Thanks!
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the peoples I had to kill because they pissed me off,

Cool Guy

Default Sick!!

Definitely held up, we had the most rep there IA everywhere!! RandomGuy should be posting a bunch of pics I took today, awesome preliminary races, nice cars, can't wait for tomorrow's races!

<3 boost

I posted elsewhere, but I'll reply here as well.

I had an awesome time, well worth the 35$ entry for two days of racing

I didnt like being pitted beside the sound competition guys at first, but truthfully they werent the bad ones during the day. At first there were quite a few of them blasting their stereos (open til about 11am), but most chilled out til they were about to leave.
    I stated in another thread, my gripe, music wise, was the asshole in the hearse that only owns two songs apparently, a Guns N Roses song and some bass song (no clue what it was). Cause they ONLY PLAYED THOSE TWO SONGS THE WHOLE TWO DAYS. They just played the songs on repeat constantly, you'd hear one song for about half an hour, then they'd switch to the other song for half an hour, then back to the first.

Other than that I have no complaints about anyone I met there.
    Oh, there was the guy in the non-turbo MR2 trying to bullshit me about MR2s, but thats to be expected...sorry, but I've found a lot of car kids lie a bunch about their cars. At least with racers its proven on the track, no BS.
    I had a MR2, and yes, it was a turbo so a little different, but mine was right at 2900lbs...dont try to tell me yours is 1100lbs less than mine. Ass.

Saw some really rad stuff there - the V8 swaps in 240s and S2000s, the turbos as big as a basketball, some really clean builds. And there were cars that werent my style but I respected cause they seemed quality.

Now there was some garbage, as to be expected. Oh cool, huge aluminum wing on your FWD car (Im a Grand-Am racing fan, I know, but these cars AINT in the same league), crazy painted interiors, turbo badges on an obviously NA car.

It was nice seeing more rare cars in abundance - half a dozen vipers, some lambos, porsches. Then stuff like the GT-Rs (R33/34, not new GTR, they dont thrill me as much since they're sold here new), the Galant VR4 was cool, just stuff you dont see regularly...or at least not around my way.

And there were some proper quick cars there this weekend too! The MkIII silver supra, silver fox-bodied mustang, turbo vette etc

This was my first car show in a long time (5 years? 6?), and overall I was really impressed with it.

I expected a larger turnout, figured it'd be a bit more full than it was, lots of open areas. But I am confident that if they do it again that more will turn out for it.
    93 turbo mr2
    99 buell S3

I went today (Sun) and had a great time, not to crowded took my son's 89' CRX Si (the only one w/CRX running) ran 4 times and had fun. I did expected a bigger turn out but I kinda like that there wasn't a big crowd. Over all I say it was a good event.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf0079-jpg  
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the peoples I had to kill because they pissed me off,

they pushed back the test and tune until the end of the day when it was in the 80s. I was kinda pissed about it, but, whatever. I got in free, so I really can't complain. There was only about an hour to an hour and a half window of test/tuning.
    2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
    Gone- '12 BMW 335i /// '10 MB GL450 /// '13 Mustang GT /// '10 Lexus IS 350 /// '06 Subaru STi /// '02 S2000

Ehh.. It was alright. When you pay $25 for a car show you expect to walk in and see a parking lot full off cars, this wasnt the case here at this show. We walked in and the parking lot seemed empty (this was on sat) only thing i really liked was the races and seen like a couple of nice cars like the s2ks with the corvette motors in them, and also the lamboz and the 11. Sec hatches running down the strip. Rather than that i was not impressed at all. IA had a much larger amount of cars from all over the country. I feel like nopi should just give up.
    Oh and then they also had the lame wana be lil wayne singing on stage... Lol i thought that was pretty funny.

<3 boost

Quote Originally Posted by RsonGt3's View Post
    Oh and then they also had the lame wana be lil wayne singing on stage... Lol i thought that was pretty funny.
    I tried to avoid this kind of crap all together.
    93 turbo mr2
    99 buell S3

Quote Originally Posted by RsonGt3's View Post
    Ehh.. It was alright. When you pay $25 for a car show you expect to walk in and see a parking lot full off cars, this wasnt the case here at this show. We walked in and the parking lot seemed empty (this was on sat) only thing i really liked was the races and seen like a couple of nice cars like the s2ks with the corvette motors in them, and also the lamboz and the 11. Sec hatches running down the strip. Rather than that i was not impressed at all. IA had a much larger amount of cars from all over the country. I feel like nopi should just give up.
    I remember when they booked Ludacris for this event a long time ago if I am not mistaken. They need to do something like that and they will get a MASSIVE turn-out. Also, the supercar class could have been a lot better. It was basically GT-Rs vs. GT500s. I mean they are both sexy as can be, but there should have been a better turn out. The final race was VERY cool though with the GT-R (Ace's) and that GT500, both running 9s. Probably the highlight of the races.

The DJ Candy booth/stage made me LOLLL how low-budget it was. At HIN, they actualy had REAL DJs who could actually spin with extreme skill and the shit was off the hook.
    2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
    Gone- '12 BMW 335i /// '10 MB GL450 /// '13 Mustang GT /// '10 Lexus IS 350 /// '06 Subaru STi /// '02 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by djyuck View Post
    they pushed back the test and tune until the end of the day when it was in the 80s. I was kinda pissed about it, but, whatever. I got in free, so I really can't complain. There was only about an hour to an hour and a half window of test/tuning.
    The test and tune started around 2:15 and went on til 4:45 that's 2:30hrs! I ran 4 times and I could of ran another 3 if I wanted. The last 20min left there was nobody running at all, so I think it was pleanty of time for the amount of test and tune cars it was.

What car was you running?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    Thanks man I apreciate that cool pic! if you have any more i would love to have'em...

Quote Originally Posted by BORICUACIVICR View Post
    The test and tune started around 2:15 and went on til 4:45 that's 2:30hrs! I ran 4 times and I could of ran another 3 if I wanted. The last 20min left there was nobody running at all, so I think it was pleanty of time for the amount of test and tune cars it was.

What car was you running?
    They were supposed to run from 2:00 until 5:30. I was the second in line and I thought it was somewhere near 3 PM and I know it ended before 4:30, because I was on the road home by then. It didn't give NEARLY enough time to actually work on my mapping, tires, cooling, etc. I was in a light blue 2013 Mustang GT. I ran a 13.000 @ 108.17... My 60 foot was awful. I had to leave traction control on. I was sliding all over the track. The right lane was MUCH faster IMO. I was hopig to be in the 12.6-12.7 range. I don't remember seeing your car. How did you run?
    2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8

I had a lot of fun. Nopi has been gone for several years. Based on this, I think it was a good turnout. I am sure it will be bigger next year. Most of the people I talked with had a good time at the event. Also, thanks to all who was repping IA. It was great meeting many of you in person.

I had a lot of fun, I enjoyed this event more than IA personally, it was nice to see a variety of cars instead of the same cookie cutter stanced jdm bullshit over and over and over again.

I remember when they booked Ludacris for this event a long time ago if I am not mistaken. They need to do something like that and they will get a MASSIVE turn-out.
    No no no.....we do not need $60 tickets to a car show, that is what killed them the 1st time. Keep it simple and cater to everyone(drag race, car show, import, domestic, ect...)

They were supposed to run from 2:00 until 5:30. I was the second in line and I thought it was somewhere near 3 PM and I know it ended before 4:30, because I was on the road home by then. It didn't give NEARLY enough time to actually work on my mapping, tires, cooling, etc. I was in a light blue 2013 Mustang GT. I ran a 13.000 @ 108.17... My 60 foot was awful. I had to leave traction control on. I was sliding all over the track. The right lane was MUCH faster IMO. I was hopig to be in the 12.6-12.7 range. I don't remember seeing your car. How did you run?
    They announce test and tune at 2:15 for them to line up lanes 1-4 I was like 10th on lane2. made my runs and drove back asap to make the line again! I didn't waste anytime. My last run was @ 4:12pm according to my time slip. Parked my car whent to the blechers and watch about 10 more runs and whent home at 4:50 so I know there where cars running at that time they were not that manny tho.

My best run was 16.2 @ 82.8mph my best R/T was .113 and .245 not bad for a Stock 1.6L SOHC Non-Vtec w/252,000 miles on it lol.. (I do have headers, intake and exhaust) Full interior and sound system!! lol..

Here is a pic of my car on the track, Thanks to Ramdom Guy who took it, and one after the last run cooling off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf0079-jpg   -n0pi2-247-jpg  

only compliants i had was to see more classes, like compacts so some of the honda tuner shops can really face off

Like what??

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chadbee@Forged View Post
    No no no.....we do not need $60 tickets to a car show, that is what killed them the 1st time. Keep it simple and cater to everyone(drag race, car show, import, domestic, ect...)
    AGREED!!!! There's no need for concerts at a car show. Maybe a DJ, and just maybe at that. Just leave it at a car show like it used to be.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    AGREED!!!! There's no need for concerts at a car show. Maybe a DJ, and just maybe at that. Just leave it at a car show like it used to be.
    The DJ was nice, having energetic background music was great but adding a famous rapper is going to really jack the price of tickets up.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

I really wasn't impressed by any of the pictures I've seen, it seems it can't begin to compare to what it was. Some cool drag cars for sure but other than that meh.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Everyone I talked to there had a great time as did we.
    My only complaint was the layout. Everything was so spread out. Also, a lot of people brought awesome cars out but were too timid to run them (possibly due to no track experience) Hopefully next time they create a class called first-timers or something to ease it for them, lol.

They mentioned to some friends that they may open the empty lot area for Drifting/sliding- just for fun. Basically to give people a good place to mess around/practice and possibly mini-compete for fun.