Thread: Coilover/Suspension issue Skunk2 Pro C issue *please look*

Default Coilover/Suspension issue Skunk2 Pro C issue *please look*

i bought these coilovers used, before the accident i was hearing a 'creak' from the driver side from when i made a turn, talked to someone who had that same noise, he said it was the strut and to just shoot it w/ some wd40/pb blaster and i'll be fine. well i did that to all the struts prior to reinstalling.

well when i reinstalled my coilovers i also installed my skunk 2 UCA/front camber kit.

on my way to work today i was feeling an unusual 'twitch' in the steering wheel. granted i have not gotten a alignment yet because locally my car is too low for them to get it on the machine, so i planned to get an alignment this upcoming weekend in a town over, in Charleston...i looked under the hood to see if i could see anything obvious and came across this

if you look in this pic you can see a chunk missing of the 'red part' i guess its part of the strut tower housing?

again this is a full coilover setup. anyone w/ advice or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

no one? really

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

is that part rubber? It looks like its broken,cracked. Probably causing extra travel on the shock body itself. Take it off, ship back to Skunk2 for warranty.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

i can't take it off as it's my only vehicle unfortunately. i did email them about it and i'm waiting to see what they say...it feels harder than rubber though, i dont know what kind of material, or either it's gotten harden and brittle

i cant remember but im pretty sure its some type of polymer. It looks broken,cracked. Needs to be replaced
    -www.usedbarcode.net

-www.usedbarcode.net

It's polyurethane, but yeah, that doesn't look like its tightened down or something. I'd have to put my hands on it to tell for sure but it looks broke.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

thanks fellas for your input. i'm fortunate the guy from skunk2 came and gave me input, turns out its polyurethane. i've never dealt w/ polyurethane anything to know what it looks/feels like, so i'm/was oblivious to what kind of part it was. but in case anyone else runs into this problem and searches, hopefully this will help:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from Skunk2
    PB Blaster and WD40 are the worst things you can use on a polyurethane bushing, they will dry them out and cause cracking and breaking much like you have there. You need to use a polyurethane lube for bushing like that. We do have replacement bushings for those you can use the contact information listed below to get a hold of me for purchase.

Thank you for contacting Skunk2 Racing, if you have any more questions regarding Skunk2 products or policy please let us know.

Joe Schneider
    so turns out it was my fault that what happened, happened. so i'll be calling him later today to order these bushings and hoping to get some installation instructions.

basically when i shot up the strut w/ the pb blaster to stop the 'creaking' it dried out the bushing and caused what it did. i'm going to order everything i need and handle this hopefully on a weekend. definitely a scary situation. but i want to be ready to ride for ECHM in virginia end of next month

Damn that sucks. Be careful until u get it fixed
    U JUS GOT DROP KICKED IN THA FOREHEAD WITH A BROKEN CHEETOE!!! [SIGPIC]

yea i was being careful because i needed to get an alignment anyway, this here has me kinda scared, especially when my steering wants to do something i dont appreciate lol