Thread: 90 ef sedan track setup?

Default 90 ef sedan track setup?

i got a 90 civic ex. has a ls swap with jdm y1 tranny with lsd. im wanting to know if anyone can help me out with a good setup to take autocrossing?? im clueless when it comes to this and spring rates and etc. thank you in advane for any suggestions!
    **ef sedan b18a1 - TRADED

**89 Si Hatch/soon to be b20 - DAILY

What's your budget?

<$600 Progress CS-II
    <$800 Koni/Ground Control
    <$1000 Koni race/Ground Control
    <$1100 PIC
    <$1200 AMR

I have progress and 350/350 is their street/daily setup. It's tolerable for daily driving and stiff enough to promote turn in for autocross. Handled great at SoloAtlantas Novice school :P

I would honest go with koni/Ground control and go with 500F/400R and get a front/rear swaybar to compliment those. I'm running a 22mm rear progress bar with a Function7 subframe brace and no front swaybar. I really need to get a 15-19mm front swaybar. The EM1 swaybar that everyone wants is too big at 26mm. Ex/Lx civics came with a ~16mm front swaybar.

koni yellow ang gc are a good setup but if you do a little research you will find that, thats what most people use,

yeah. looking around i've noticed that alot of people go with the koni/gc. a buddy of mine has that setup. but he has a higher spring rate in the rear. like a 450 in the rear and 350 or 375 in front. and that damn thing handles amazingly. but i've noticed that most people put a higher rate in the front. whats the reasoning for the higher rate in the front or rear?

the setup on my hatch is koni/ground controls. Much stiffer in the back though. IIRC, it's 600/800. Mostly DD, although it has been tracked a few times. Not bad on the street in all honesty.
    UPROOT Photography FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

where did you get your springs?

people typically do the higher rate in the front cause there is more weight, especially if you have a b-series. also watch out for getting to stiff in the rear because its libel to slide out more, kinda sketchy if you ask me since your going fwd

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp_Stick View Post
    people typically do the higher rate in the front cause there is more weight, especially if you have a b-series. also watch out for getting to stiff in the rear because its libel to slide out more, kinda sketchy if you ask me since your going fwd
    never had a problem with it, it feels right no me. Helps the rear rotate a little more but has never kicked out.
    UPROOT Photography FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

yeah. my buddy that i mentioned said that is what his does. in a turn if he eases out on the throttle it will kinda slide a lil helping him around the turn and it straightens out as he gets back into the throttle.

To avoid bottoming out if you're ~2.5" lowered in the front you need ~400+ rates. For the rear 350+ starts to make good turn in.

Rear spring rate often plays a larger role in ride comfort, so people tend to get a big rear swaybar and keep the rear rates modest. I have 350/350 on progress and it's very tolerable for daily driving. I'm a tad low for 250lb front rates, but progress only had the 250, 350, and 500lb springs available.

I never have any rubbing except on large dips in the road. Here's me in the car at SoloAtlanta's novice school from April