Thread: lug adapter question

Default lug adapter question

If I were to run a 25mm 4 to 5 lug adapter, would my studs (from the hub) need to be 25mm or shorter for the wheel be flush on the adapter?

Kind of a dumb question, but I've read about people running 15mm adapters, and I dont see it being safe to only have 15mm long wheel studs.

"...you say that because" redciv1's Avatar

Well, this is a touchy subject for some people. If you are going to use a 4/5 lug adaptor, then you want to get the adapters that have extended studs. Even if you use a 5-10mm spacer, go ahead and get the longer studs.
    25mm would require a wheel with a REALLY big offset. If you are talking about using these on a Civic or Integra, that would require a wheel that had a 65-70 offset to get back to the proper offset for the vehicle. Unless you going for the "ultra" wide look.

Quote Originally Posted by redciv1 View Post
    Well, this is a touchy subject for some people. If you are going to use a 4/5 lug adaptor, then you want to get the adapters that have extended studs. Even if you use a 5-10mm spacer, go ahead and get the longer studs.
    25mm would require a wheel with a REALLY big offset. If you are talking about using these on a Civic or Integra, that would require a wheel that had a 65-70 offset to get back to the proper offset for the vehicle. Unless you going for the "ultra" wide look.
    I actually pulled a wheel off and measured my studs. They are 16ish mm long so I should have no problem running 20mm adapters. And I've alread figured the adjusted offset of the wheels. The ones Im looking to run are 16x7 et 65, so after the adapters, they will fit perfectly!
    Thanks anyways!