Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: g35 vs s2000 compare

lol uh ok
    Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    People who have no driving ability usually aren't..

lol i know right, but anyway, the g35 is a much better car IMO because it mixes different elements(sport/luxury) in a appealing way. the s2k is just not all that hot to me, and I could tell just from pushing one to south carolina for one weekend that I would grow tired of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprix! View Post
    You should really just stop talking now. S2000s don't have 4 cylinders?
    Have you been smoking and or drinking? Or are you normally this clueless?

Quote Originally Posted by djpikachu1 View Post
    this dude put "we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl"

s2k dont have 4cyl

I only driven a g35 and i like how it handles and drives. a mix of luxury and sport. so i cant decide between these 2 cause i havent been in a S2K
    s2k is an inline 4 brah.

Yes, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Toyota, I know im leaving some out, so if anybody gets smart GO FUCK URSELF
    I was being smart when I asked if they were both from Japan, seeing as how the guy before me said the s2k was more of an import than the Z

I see you're not so great at reading between the lines here, lol

Banned

You should really just stop talking now. S2000s don't have 4 cylinders?
    Have you been smoking and or drinking? Or are you normally this clueless?
    Honda S2000 have an inline 4cyl engine, do your research, dumbass bastard
    Last edited by djpikachu1; 01-01-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by m3dic8d View Post
    s2k is an inline 4 brah.

I was being smart when I asked if they were both from Japan, seeing as how the guy before me said the s2k was more of an import than the Z

I see you're not so great at reading between the lines here, lol
    my bad, no im not good at that, more of an import than a Z, yeah i cant sgree with that other guy im with u with that, but thats my opinion

he never said it didn't

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    driven a GT-R yet? trust me, it will impress you.
    I have and I was unimpressed honestly. It's fast yes, but it feels like a Nissan, doesn't feel special at all, it just didn't tingle my balls like a real car does.

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

driven a GT-R yet? trust me, it will impress you.
    i have. but in any serious spritted driving.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

G and call it a day
    2013 Dart 1.4T 6MT

boooooostin'

I DO TWINS

I have and I was unimpressed honestly. It's fast yes, but it feels like a Nissan, doesn't feel special at all, it just didn't tingle my balls like a real car does.
    I call BS. It feels nothing like any other Nissan made. I know as I have owned every sports car Nissan has produced -even in the Infiniti line. If you have driven a GT-R, it was around the block. *haha*

I DO TWINS

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMechanic View Post
    i have. but in any serious spritted driving.
    Let's meet up. I'll let you drive mine. Btw, speak English, man!

I call BS. It feels nothing like any other Nissan made. I know as I have owned every sports car Nissan has produced -even in the Infiniti line. If you have driven a GT-R, it was around the block. *haha*
    No I've driven it on the back roads around, compared to other cars I've driven and the hype I was disappointed. It's personal preference, it's not even a top ten impressive car. I'd love to try one around the track to really beat it up but it just doesn't suit me driving preferences. Plus they look like shit, no offense.

Let's meet up. I'll let you drive mine. Btw, speak English, man!
    ugh.... hangover, broken finger, damage control and not re-reading what type.

i havent done any spritted driving in one yet, is what ment to say.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

I DO TWINS

No I've driven it on the back roads around, compared to other cars I've driven and the hype I was disappointed. It's personal preference, it's not even a top ten impressive car. I'd love to try one around the track to really beat it up but it just doesn't suit me driving preferences. Plus they look like shit, no offense.
    There's your problem. Back roads for the GT-R are like "touch & go(s)" for an F-22 Raptor. If you ever get to experience one on a track, you will be impressed. This is where it shines.

I don't drive mine to its ability. I have taken it to the north GA mountains and could not even push the car to its limits. It was bitter-sweet as I was impressed with the GT-R's abilities, but I, as the driver, was seemingly not even needed. The car practically drove itself. Honestly, there was a bit of a disconnect there. Where I had to really worry about oversteer in my 600whp 350Z...I didn't even have to think about what the GT-R was going to do. But, on the track, where the car can be brutalized, if you are left unimpressed, then I promise there is no vehicle that will give you satisfaction.

I DO TWINS

ugh.... hangover, broken finger, damage control and not re-reading what type.

i havent done any spritted driving in one yet, is what ment to say.
    "spirited"..

How did I know you'd be hung over?

There's your problem. Back roads for the GT-R are like "touch & go(s)" for an F-22 Raptor. If you ever get to experience one on a track, you will be impressed. This is where it shines.

I don't drive mine to its ability. I have taken it to the north GA mountains and could not even push the car to its limits. It was bitter-sweet as I was impressed with the GT-R's abilities, but I, as the driver, was seemingly not even needed. The car practically drove itself. Honestly, there was a bit of a disconnect there. Where I had to really worry about oversteer in my 600whp 350Z...I didn't even have to think about what the GT-R was going to do. But, on the track, where the car can be brutalized, if you are left unimpressed, then I promise there is no vehicle that will give you satisfaction.
    I've driven cars on the track I KNOW would KILL the GTR in speed and satisfaction lol.

One reason I don't like the GTR and most I know who have them don't like them is the fact the do drive themselves in a sense. I like real dealing with oversteer or fixing understeer, etc.

A friend of mine tracks an FD RX-7 regularly it's basically stock minus suspension, he also has a GTR. There is a reason he doesn't track the GTR.

A friend of mine tracks an FD RX-7 regularly it's basically stock minus suspension, he also has a GTR. There is a reason he doesn't track the GTR.
    ummm cuz the 7 cost 70k less?

thats my guess......

Its called a "G" for a reason! get that one!

I DO TWINS

I've driven cars on the track I KNOW would KILL the GTR in speed and satisfaction lol.

One reason I don't like the GTR and most I know who have them don't like them is the fact the do drive themselves in a sense. I like real dealing with oversteer or fixing understeer, etc.

I enjoy the connection with the car, as well. This is the reason why I stated that the North GA mountains can't push the car to my satisfaction. But, that is my fault. If I would take her to the track, I would enjoy her much more.

Please do tell me which cars you have driven that would "KILL" the GT-R on the track? There are very few that are capable of such...and these have to be very highly modified. Again, I said OEM vs. OEM. I promise you can't name a car that would "KILL" the GT-R on the track that is an OEM production car.

As for your friend...I bet the reason he doesn't track his GT-R is two-fold. 1) the cost of doing so is ridiculous as far as maintenance goes. And unless he has a hook-up with a shop that performs aftermarket GT-R work, then he is reliant upon a Nissan dealership...which means, of course, big $$$...or... 2) he doesn't want to damage his GT-R.

btw, what is the name of your friend? I know pretty much all GT-R owners in the Atlanta area and I know plenty around the world from NAGTROC. We are a tight-knit community.

I enjoy the connection with the car, as well. This is the reason why I stated that the North GA mountains can't push the car to my satisfaction. But, that is my fault. If I would take her to the track, I would enjoy her much more.

Please do tell me which cars you have driven that would "KILL" the GT-R on the track? There are very few that are capable of such...and these have to be very highly modified. Again, I said OEM vs. OEM. I promise you can't name a car that would "KILL" the GT-R on the track that is an OEM production car.

As for your friend...I bet the reason he doesn't track his GT-R is two-fold. 1) the cost of doing so is ridiculous as far as maintenance goes. And unless he has a hook-up with a shop that performs aftermarket GT-R work, then he is reliant upon a Nissan dealership...which means, of course, big $$$...or... 2) he doesn't want to damage his GT-R.

btw, what is the name of your friend? I know pretty much all GT-R owners in the Atlanta area and I know plenty around the world from NAGTROC. We are a tight-knit community.
    I'm not speaking of OEM but 911-GT3 Cup, Radical, etc. Actual track cars. I am willing to bet though many could outrun a GTR in a ZR1, ACR Viper, GT3RS, etc. With the right drivers, I work almost every event at Road Atlanta and see tons of GTR's on track, with much faster cars passing them. It's all driver skill and from the looks it takes confidence to trust the GTR's electronic aids. The GTR's specs and reviews sound great, but in the real world they don't always stack up.

His name is Jonathon I don't want to mention last names for obvious reasons especially on IA lol.

He's tracked it a few times and just said it's not fun, cost definitely isn't an issue for him, as it shouldn't be to anyone who buys an expensive car.

Lets run your car at the track, I will be the instructor and let me do a few laps.

I DO TWINS

I'm not speaking of OEM but 911-GT3 Cup, Radical, etc. Actual track cars. I am willing to bet though many could outrun a GTR in a ZR1, ACR Viper, GT3RS, etc. With the right drivers, I work almost every event at Road Atlanta and see tons of GTR's on track, with much faster cars passing them. It's all driver skill and from the looks it takes confidence to trust the GTR's electronic aids. The GTR's specs and reviews sound great, but in the real world they don't always stack up.

His name is Jonathon I don't want to mention last names for obvious reasons especially on IA lol.

He's tracked it a few times and just said it's not fun, cost definitely isn't an issue for him, as it shouldn't be to anyone who buys an expensive car.

Lets run your car at the track, I will be the instructor and let me do a few laps.
    I agree it is about driver skill. But, the GT-R is a tool and gives any driver better equipment to work with than (again) any other factory produced car. Put the same driver in the ACR, ZR1, GT3RS, or any other limited production car as the GT-R and the driver will turn better lap times in the GT-R. The cars you see getting passed are owners like myself who are out there to have fun...not pushing their cars...and are just enjoying the track.

Tune up a GT-R like Forged Performance, GOTO Racing, and Fontana Nissan have done and put a professional driver in them (nothing against Sharif's, Bobby's or Mike's driving skills) with Hoosiers strapped on and you have some of the best lap times at any track. Heck, Sharif has the second fastest lap time ever (beat only by .01 second) at Little Talladega. GOTO Racing's unlimited Time Attack GT-R posted the fastest top speed at Auto Club Speedway and, as far as lap times are concerned, was right on the heels of the AMS unlimited EVO and FX unlimited NSX. And both of those cars are Frankensteins designed and built for nothing but chewing up the track. No expense spared and longevity isn't a consideration.

The GT-R has not only proven itself in this arena, but all of them are still using the factory GR6 transmission and stock block VR38DETT. If you aren't impressed by this, then, again, there is not much that can impress you.

Jonathon...Super Silver, right? If not, I don't think I know him.

As far as me putting mine on the track...I am contemplating this as I have been told numerous times that I will never truly enjoy the car until I do. And I am beginning to believe these people. The only caveat is that I have an addictive personality and I already spend very little time with other hobbies as it is. *haha*

I probably should just ignore this post, but I can't. You are the idiot that said that S2000s don't have 4 cylinders.
    As far as the research goes, I don't need to do it. I have owned an AP1 and I have an AP2 sitting outside right now.
    Again, you should stop talking now.
    G37s 6MT/coupe

I agree it is about driver skill. But, the GT-R is a tool and gives any driver better equipment to work with than (again) any other factory produced car. Put the same driver in the ACR, ZR1, GT3RS, or any other limited production car as the GT-R and the driver will turn better lap times in the GT-R. The cars you see getting passed are owners like myself who are out there to have fun...not pushing their cars...and are just enjoying the track.

Tune up a GT-R like Forged Performance, GOTO Racing, and Fontana Nissan have done and put a professional driver in them (nothing against Sharif's, Bobby's or Mike's driving skills) with Hoosiers strapped on and you have some of the best lap times at any track. Heck, Sharif has the second fastest lap time ever (beat only by .01 second) at Little Talladega. GOTO Racing's unlimited Time Attack GT-R posted the fastest top speed at Auto Club Speedway and, as far as lap times are concerned, was right on the heels of the AMS unlimited EVO and FX unlimited NSX. And both of those cars are Frankensteins designed and built for nothing but chewing up the track. No expense spared and longevity isn't a consideration.

The GT-R has not only proven itself in this arena, but all of them are still using the factory GR6 transmission and stock block VR38DETT. If you aren't impressed by this, then, again, there is not much that can impress you.

Jonathon...Super Silver, right? If not, I don't think I know him.

As far as me putting mine on the track...I am contemplating this as I have been told numerous times that I will never truly enjoy the car until I do. And I am beginning to believe these people. The only caveat is that I have an addictive personality and I already spend very little time with other hobbies as it is. *haha*
    It's a quick car yes, but you're holding the standards too high for it. I've seen pro drivers run in a GTR then in say a ZR1 and the ZR1 was faster. The GTR does have lots of electronic gizmos, that's what I and many others dislike about the car, I personally drive better then a GTR's computer.

I DO TWINS

It's a quick car yes, but you're holding the standards too high for it. I've seen pro drivers run in a GTR then in say a ZR1 and the ZR1 was faster. The GTR does have lots of electronic gizmos, that's what I and many others dislike about the car, I personally drive better then a GTR's computer.
    You dislike technology? Ok. But, if you knew anything about the GT-R, you would know that those "gizmos" are actually a detriment when trying to make the car fast. With the GT-R, the days of typical power-adders are over.

Debating racing the GT-R with someone who doesn't even understand the technology is boring.

When you run better lap times than Sharif Abdelbasset, Brian Lock or Mike Cronnin, Jr. let me know.

You dislike technology? Ok. But, if you knew anything about the GT-R, you would know that those "gizmos" are actually a detriment when trying to make the car fast. With the GT-R, the days of typical power-adders are over.
    simon, like a lot of people i know, including myself, don't like the added technology because these additions take away from the driver connection to a car. not saying that these don't help the car go faster, because it's true... but they make the car go faster than you know how to drive it because every little move has already been calculated out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

the black g35 is pure sex

Debating racing the GT-R with someone who doesn't even understand the technology is boring.

When you run better lap times than Sharif Abdelbasset, Brian Lock or Mike Cronnin, Jr. let me know.
    I've done faster times in cars then any new GTR at Road Atlanta, obviosuly the cars weren't stock and I haven't driven a stock car out there that is comparable to the GTR.

I clearly understand the technology behind it, but I don't like it, there is too much. It changes the way I drive cars.

Don't be close minded just because you own a GTR, I don't know any GTR owners who really LOVE the car and most are selling theirs for something more worthy.

Banned

I probably should just ignore this post, but I can't. You are the idiot that said that S2000s don't have 4 cylinders.
    As far as the research goes, I don't need to do it. I have owned an AP1 and I have an AP2 sitting outside right now.
    Again, you should stop talking now.
    You should go fuck yourself I own this and this AND. I made a mistake and corrected myself. I really dont want to brag but im 19 now and at 18 I bought a house and own to civics and ur grown ass is talking about owning such and such, grown broke bastardits sad how you people are making this a big deal

Arguing with simon about cars is like arguing with a 5 year old about pokemon cards. He knows "everything" about all cars, and has or knows someone that has "every car". He has driven "every car" and is only impressed by cars that do not have a JDM badge attached, unless of course it's a miata.
    Way Too Big

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ) Riveting tale, chap.

Patience Pays...

I really dont want to brag
    Then don't, if you are on that level then let it be.

You should go fuck yourself I own this and this AND. I made a mistake and corrected myself. I really dont want to brag but im 19 now and at 18 I bought a house and own to civics and ur grown ass is talking about owning such and such, grown broke bastardits sad how you people are making this a big deal
    look at yourself.
    The G Spot Hero

Quote Originally Posted by xxbckiexx View Post
    Arguing with simon about cars is like arguing with a 5 year old about pokemon cards. He knows "everything" about all cars, and has or knows someone that has "every car". He has driven "every car" and is only impressed by cars that do not have a JDM badge attached, unless of course it's a miata.
    LOL, I have thought of that one myself. I am not gonna say Simon is lying but I will say I want some Video or proof of Lap times at Road A. I always heard that he were a great driver...but only coming from him. No one else has ever backed him up on that one. Just curious to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

this is true simon is gods gift to the automotive industry. he knows everything about everything about every car.
    The G Spot Hero

I DO TWINS

Quote Originally Posted by SandM View Post
    simon, like a lot of people i know, including myself, don't like the added technology because these additions take away from the driver connection to a car. not saying that these don't help the car go faster, because it's true... but they make the car go faster than you know how to drive it because every little move has already been calculated out for you.
    this is true...to a point. i have already mentioned my disconnect with the GT-R vs. the heavily modified 350Z that i had... but, this doesn't discount the fact that there are a lot of myths about the technology in the GT-R and what it does for a driver, as well as, the lack of knowledge about how the technology actually hinders a driver when they truly want to make the car a track monster and divert from stock.

I DO TWINS

I've done faster times in cars then any new GTR at Road Atlanta, obviosuly the cars weren't stock and I haven't driven a stock car out there that is comparable to the GTR.

I clearly understand the technology behind it, but I don't like it, there is too much. It changes the way I drive cars.

Don't be close minded just because you own a GTR, I don't know any GTR owners who really LOVE the car and most are selling theirs for something more worthy.
    i don't think myself close-minded at all... quite the contrary. i have posted my truest of feelings about the GT-R and its capabilities.

btw, proof of these times would be nice.

i am beginning to see this. it is true that most people hate what the GT-R has accomplished and the green-eyed monster tends to rear its ugly head when speaking of the car...especially from those whom are European or American Muscle fanbois.

Why do people think I hate Japanese cars? I've only owned four European cars the rest were all Japanese. I hate riced out Jap cars, the typical JDM fan boy Rota/eBay spring Civics, and the fake drift kids. Anything else goes. If it's fast, looks good, etc I like it, who cares what it's from?

I can name 20 people on this site who have seen me drive, never said I was the best driver, but if a Porsche race car can't beat a GTR something is wrong. Why is that hard to believe?

Can't post lap times last time I checked they don't print lap times at track days however you're more then welcome to come out next time I'm out and ride along.

As for Miatas, I still laugh at the Miata comments, I had a Miata track car, now I'm gay.

Oh and I am the Kenny Powers of the automotive world.

Why do people think I hate Japanese cars? I've only owned four European cars the rest were all Japanese. I hate riced out Jap cars, the typical JDM fan boy Rota/eBay spring Civics, and the fake drift kids. Anything else goes. If it's fast, looks good, etc I like it, who cares what it's from?

I can name 20 people on this site who have seen me drive, never said I was the best driver, but if a Porsche race car can't beat a GTR something is wrong. Why is that hard to believe?

Can't post lap times last time I checked they don't print lap times at track days however you're more then welcome to come out next time I'm out and ride along.

As for Miatas, I still laugh at the Miata comments, I had a Miata track car, now I'm gay.
    if the shoe fits.... why do you get so butt hurt everytime i say anything remotely negitive about you. always have to neg rep me like it means something... apparently to you reps means everything to you.
    The G Spot Hero

Oh and I am the Kenny Powers of the automotive world.
    who?
    The G Spot Hero

who?
    I think he meant Kenny Rogers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -kennyrogers-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

who?
    Kenny Powers...LOL...from Eastbound and Down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcQhqrqdpI

I don't care what you say ABOUT ME, it's just every time you see me say anything you say the same thing over and over again. I only negative rep people who say something about it, I'm a little bitch looking for a reaction.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast