Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: g35 vs s2000 compare

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by SandM View Post
    i would like to see a stock G35 v a stock S2k from a 50 kick
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV7nOeCzA28

I remember this video from a while back, the S2K driver was a good driver.. and it gives a good snapshot of what would happen on the street with two decent drivers.

edit: never realized the S2K had mods, take it for what it is I guess

yupp stock to stock s2k would win maybe 3/4 of a car length

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by SiR EG2 View Post
    yupp stock to stock s2k would win maybe 3/4 of a car length
    Thing is you have to consider your driving style, look at what it took for the S2K to run like that, you'd have to wring out the S2K. In my daily commute I just punch it a and the torque puts a smile on my face and I'm nowhere near redline.

That's 04 6spd G35 Coupe. Which has non rev up motor.

Which has 3.5 L 190 kW (280 hp) V6.

Put the rev up 6spd against the stock s2k. With no camera man in the G.

Which has 3.5 L 222 kW (298 hp) V6
    :idb:

i've always considered the s2k v g35 stockers to be a close race. But, we were talking about a race not cruising from 50. The revup motor was a good addition to the platform and made the car a good bit better.
    that is also why i said the g35 would be a better choice for a DD. less throttle for suberban driving. its also why i tell people that are looking at s2k's and want a city car to get an AP2 because they have that extra torque for suburban driving.

Certified Gearhead

g actually wins stock v stock.. i've done a 60 roll in my s2k (ap1) vs a g on 316 heading out to athens.... we ran 3 times... he won by a car the first run, half a car the second and the 3rd was on a slight downhill and he lost by half a car. honestly i/e and a tune will change the tide for the s2k though.

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Thing is you have to consider your driving style, look at what it took for the S2K to run like that, you'd have to wring out the S2K. In my daily commute I just punch it a and the torque puts a smile on my face and I'm nowhere near redline.
    yes i love the low end tq. well most of america does. thats why people like the G35s so much. i usually drive around town from 1700rpm to about 2200rpm. and never have a problem keeping up in traffic at a light.

Quote Originally Posted by G.C View Post
    That's 04 6spd G35 Coupe. Which has non rev up motor.

Which has 3.5 L 190 kW (280 hp) V6.

Put the rev up 6spd against the stock s2k. With no camera man in the G.

Which has 3.5 L 222 kW (298 hp) V6
    those rev-ups have 10 less tq factory rating. and after driving both DE and Rev-Ups for a living. the Rev-Ups feels much slower with that less tq.

i've always considered the s2k v g35 stockers to be a close race. But, we were talking about a race not cruising from 50. The revup motor was a good addition to the platform and made the car a good bit better.
    that is also why i said the g35 would be a better choice for a DD. less throttle for suberban driving. its also why i tell people that are looking at s2k's and want a city car to get an AP2 because they have that extra torque for suburban driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verik View Post
    g actually wins stock v stock.. i've done a 60 roll in my s2k (ap1) vs a g on 316 heading out to athens.... we ran 3 times... he won by a car the first run, half a car the second and the 3rd was on a slight downhill and he lost by half a car. honestly i/e and a tune will change the tide for the s2k though.
    yes i know after playing with friends that have stock or mostly stock S2Ks i would have to agree stock for stock it would probably come down to driver. and if either one had more mods over the other. that one would probably some out ahead. but not by much. then again even if that. still might come down to driver then.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

I'd get a s2000. 350's are ugly, heavy, slow, chick cars. Gay

Just go test drive them both, fool. Z = 3200lbs, s2k = 2900lbs. Anyone who says the Z is omgsohavy doesn't have their facts straight. They're both great cars, I can't fault either. I was going to get a s2000 until I drove the Z and liked the torque more so I got that. I don't think I'd be disappointed either way, both have too many pluses

Quote Originally Posted by m3dic8d View Post
    I'd get a s2000. 350's are ugly, heavy, slow, chick cars. Gay

Just go test drive them both, fool. Z = 3200lbs, s2k = 2900lbs. Anyone who says the Z is omgsohavy doesn't have their facts straight. They're both great cars, I can't fault either. I was going to get a s2000 until I drove the Z and liked the torque more so I got that. I don't think I'd be disappointed either way, both have too many pluses
    Why does everyone think 3200lbs is so much weight? If it has the power then the weight really shouldnt matter at that point. Once it gets over 100lbs heavier than that then it just tips the scale for me. I love my torque so I would go with a G35. I just like to have a good bit of power from bottom to top.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    Why does everyone think 3200lbs is so much weight? If it has the power then the weight really shouldnt matter at that point. Once it gets over 100lbs heavier than that then it just tips the scale for me. I love my torque so I would go with a G35. I just like to have a good bit of power from bottom to top.
    because its not a 2700 240 or 2400 civic.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMechanic View Post
    because its not a 2700 240 or 2400 civic.
    Yet, alot of them (atleast in the past, IDK what the "new" shit with Civics are cool these days) will strip the window motors and shit just to reduce weight in order to break 12-13. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

ilu mike, but you're not stock

ilu mike, but you're not stock
    yes i am.... im still have my stock ECU
    The G Spot Hero

turbos

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r View Post
    s2k is faster

wtf.......................no way maybe on a road course but thats still prob not accurate.

a s2k is a good track car but if outright speed is ur thing the s2k is a far cry from a fast or even quick car.

a g35 is faster but still lacking in power

both have great mod potential

i would get the g35 more room and more comfort and still faster
    TOO BIG

I have driven non rev up before. I can tell you it did feel slower than the rev.up.

Also, mod way, there's not that much you can do for s2k besides FI.

There's not that much you can do with G35 too, but there's more you can do to get power than s2k. MD MREV2=15whp minimum. Dono how much exhaust and intake gives, (i highly doubt it gives more than 1-10 to the wheels)

I have driven non rev up before. I can tell you it did feel slower than the rev.up.

There's not that much you can do with G35 too, but there's more you can do to get power than s2k. MD MREV2=15whp minimum. Dono how much exhaust and intake gives, (i highly doubt it gives more than 1-10 to the wheels)
    It's a difference, but under normal driving circumstances wouldn't be noticeable... like 15hp difference?

15 is way way to high for the spacers. you might see a 8whp peak but the power band wont drop like a sky slope after 5500rpm. i have before and after of my crawford plenum with out taking the car off the dyno. ill scan the dyno for you...
    The G Spot Hero

I DO TWINS

15 is way way to high for the spacers. you might see a 8whp peak but the power band wont drop like a sky slope after 5500rpm. i have before and after of my crawford plenum with out taking the car off the dyno. ill scan the dyno for you...
    MREV is the spacer plus lower collector. the torque from this mod is actually noticeable in the butt dyno...

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    MREV is the spacer plus lower collector. the torque from this mod is actually noticeable in the butt dyno...
    butt dyno tells me rev-ups are slow.

also here is the two dynos of the before crawford plenum

the before plenum was the highest dyno we got. took 8 runs to peak out. normal for a VQ never produces the highest hp the first run.

the after plenum was the highest after the plunem. took 10 runs to get it that high. first 3 runs were lower than before runs because the ecu didnt know what to do with the extra plenum volume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -crawford-plenum-jpg  
    The G Spot Hero

I DO TWINS

butt dyno tells me rev-ups are slow.

also here is the two dynos of the before crawford plenum

the before plenum was the highest dyno we got. took 8 runs to peak out. normal for a VQ never produces the highest hp the first run.

the after plenum was the highest after the plunem. took 10 runs to get it that high. first 3 runs were lower than before runs because the ecu didnt know what to do with the extra plenum volume.
    my old rev-up would have waxed your ass..

btw, i can't view attached images yet... guess i'm not cool enough due to my post count... so, speak english...what are you going on about here?

Quote Originally Posted by j0nbunklah0m View Post
    i like both. but i prefer backseats
    u gay
    Slidin Sidewayz...

Quote Originally Posted by Psw Jdm View Post
    u gay
    Think your the gay one when your driving a s2k with the top laid back with another guy next to you with some stunner shades.

I want to see a dyno of MD spacer+MREV2. All their dyno on their website show some good amount of increase.

Well I have driven both, and I felt that the G35 was just better all around. more comfortable, feels good, pretty decent handling. Not to take anything from a s2k, but I just dont see what all the hype is about the s2k, im not too impressed by them.

im a organ donor :) 00 blk G20t's Avatar

^Ive driven both also and the G is the nicer car.....i mean come on guys.....we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl.....it IS faster than Z/G........but its not without its enemys that beat it by just as much as it beats the G/Zs....evos and STI.....cars you will soon hate if you buy the s2k.....

s2k will also get alot more looks from your friendly neighborhood spiderman....the G can just cruise by at crazy speeds and cops dont give them a second look cause every house mom in ATL has a G35. cops dont really like giving tickets to rich women....they prefer to spend that extra time and get a emo street racer in the honda....IDK man lots of things to consider.....if i had the money to buy one of the 3 i dont know what route i would go.....its really that close of a call.....just buy a car and enjoy it for what it is...not because its faster than this car or that car......
    Best G20 SR2009 convention
    in attendance Nissan national convention 2010(Omaha, Nebraska)
    top 20 hotlanta autofest 09

Quote Originally Posted by 00 blk G20t View Post
    ^Ive driven both also and the G is the nicer car.....i mean come on guys.....we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl.....it IS faster than Z/G........but its not without its enemys that beat it by just as much as it beats the G/Zs....evos and STI.....cars you will soon hate if you buy the s2k.....

s2k will also get alot more looks from your friendly neighborhood spiderman....the G can just cruise by at crazy speeds and cops dont give them a second look cause every house mom in ATL has a G35. cops dont really like giving tickets to rich women....they prefer to spend that extra time and get a emo street racer in the honda....IDK man lots of things to consider.....if i had the money to buy one of the 3 i dont know what route i would go.....its really that close of a call.....just buy a car and enjoy it for what it is...not because its faster than this car or that car......
    Sorry but gtfo. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VIP Style View Post
    Well I have driven both, and I felt that the G35 was just better all around. more comfortable, feels good, pretty decent handling. Not to take anything from a s2k, but I just dont see what all the hype is about the s2k, im not too impressed by them.
    People who have no driving ability usually aren't..

you really should keep your opinions to yourself. because i have a G and cops dont exactly look the other way. you have to be stupid to think otherwise. speeding is speeding. then again cant expect much from a stupid kid.
    The G Spot Hero

I DO TWINS

you really should keep your opinions to yourself. because i have a G and cops dont exactly look the other way. you have to be stupid to think otherwise. speeding is speeding. then again cant expect much from a stupid kid.
    ur jus mad cuz u gots a car that every other housewife in atl haz!

ur jus mad cuz u gots a car that every other housewife in atl haz!
    no.... maybe.... no.... only because now some ricers can afford them...
    The G Spot Hero

I own a S2000 and my GF owns a G35.

- S2000 is cheaper to fix/service.
    - S2000 is still more of an import.
    - G35 for backseats,heated/powered seats, bose system, etc.
    - G35 6cyl is a smooth ride.
    - S2000 has less kick to the rear (fish tail)
    - G35 got traction control (AP2 s2000 has it as well)
    - Convertibles pulls more girls. lol
    - G35, dont have to worry about anyone slashing your roof to steal your damn seats!!!
    - S2000 cheaper to mod.

Thats about all i can come up with for now. I love my S2000 but sometimes i would wish for a little more room, so i drive my GF's G35 then. I Rather get a G35 tho bc its more of a sport and luxury. Can look good and can go fast. When i was buying my S2000 i woulda bought a G35 if my gf didnt have one. I would still choose it over my S2K.

I DO TWINS

no.... maybe.... no.... only because now some ricers can afford them...
    I hear you on that one. 'tis the reason why I no longer frequent my350z...and one of the reasons that I sold my Z. Got out while the getting was good. *haha*

Time for an upgrade? GT-R would suit you well.

haha, Mike in a GTR......

I hear you on that one. 'tis the reason why I no longer frequent my350z...and one of the reasons that I sold my Z. Got out while the getting was good. *haha*

Time for an upgrade? GT-R would suit you well.
    i know right.... children litter the place now. but the price of mods are keeping the really bad people away. but a few seem to have enough and still stupid enough to mod them. oh well.... i really dont know what to do for the next car. nothing really impresses me anymore...

gt-r maybe
    997 C2S maybe
    370z full bolt-ons + project car maybe...

those are the three things im thinking about now. but like i said nothing is impressing me anymore... dont know why.

haha, Mike in a GTR......
    The G Spot Hero

I DO TWINS

i know right.... children litter the place now. but the price of mods are keeping the really bad people away. but a few seem to have enough and still stupid enough to mod them. oh well.... i really dont know what to do for the next car. nothing really impresses me anymore...

gt-r maybe
    997 C2S maybe
    370z full bolt-ons + project car maybe...

those are the three things im thinking about now. but like i said nothing is impressing me anymore... dont know why.

driven a GT-R yet? trust me, it will impress you.

Sorry but gtfo. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like my IQ just dropped ~20 points from reading his post

Quote Originally Posted by DamnDisLaOsBoY View Post
    S2000 is still more of an import.

Don't they both come from Japan?

Banned

this dude put "we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl"

s2k dont have 4cyl

I only driven a g35 and i like how it handles and drives. a mix of luxury and sport. so i cant decide between these 2 cause i havent been in a S2K

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by m3dic8d View Post

Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like my IQ just dropped ~20 points from reading his post

Don't they both come from Japan?
    Yes, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Toyota, I know im leaving some out, so if anybody gets smart GO FUCK URSELF

Quote Originally Posted by djpikachu1 View Post
    this dude put "we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl"

s2k dont have 4cyl

I only driven a g35 and i like how it handles and drives. a mix of luxury and sport. so i cant decide between these 2 cause i havent been in a S2K
    You should really just stop talking now. S2000s don't have 4 cylinders?
    Have you been smoking and or drinking? Or are you normally this clueless?
    G37s 6MT/coupe

Certified Gearhead

I've owned both an 00 AP1 and an 04 Enthusiast. As far as looks go its pretty much personal preference. They both look good if you dont over do it. Comfort wise goes G35/350z>S2k Speed wise the s2k will beat 350/G35, but not by a freaking mile. My s2k was an 00 and the oem radio sucks compared the Z/G. They're all are very reliable and have lots of performance parts. If you plan on boosting go Z/G35 Forged Performance are the best with VQ's and are local. Personally I would get a 2007/2008 Z (VQHR Revs up to 7500ish RPM). The exhaust sounds on those VQ's are so damn sexy. The new 370Z does have an upgraded bad ass 3.7L, but its ugly IMO compared to the older models. The new S2k's didn't change that much. The CR is bad ass, but so is the NISMO.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast