Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First Motorex, now Kaizo. More GTRs seized by police forces from Cali owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Type-R View Post
    Why would I block you? Everyone knows Proxy

Paranoid?
    I don't need proxy, I saw what I needed to see. No worries. Did you get your NC license? Were you able to register that car in NC? NC is hell on a man with a GA license ain't it? A leet importer like you should have just strapped on your supersuit and laid the mack down on Betty behind the counter. But maybe you were under the weather that day.

I respect you for serving in the Military though. You got my respect for that.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post
    I don't need proxy, I saw what I needed to see. No worries. Did you get your NC license? Were you able to register that car in NC? NC is hell on a man with a GA license ain't it? A leet importer like you should have just strapped on your supersuit and laid the mack down on Betty behind the counter. But maybe you were under the weather that day.

I respect you for serving in the Military though. You got my respect for that.
    Yes I did get my NC license and no the cars not registered in NC, but I have 5 others that are.

Bender A. Rodriguez

Sadly most of the GTR owners in the states don't know shit about their cars or how it got here. The feds knew about Motorex doing this and looked the other way because the cars were otherwise identical. This is also how they convinced the feds to allow the R34's, they told them the safety changes between the chassis was minimal and the changes were an evolutionary cosmetic change. This floated for a little while but not enough people were paying the inflated price Motorex was charging for them.
    Ryan Reynolds

"So long and thanks for all the fish"

Anyway, don't go away from this night mad. You are a fun guy. Remember, it's never personal until you insult someone. Then....it's personal. Night everyone.

Garage-Sixgun

Quote Originally Posted by Type-R View Post
    Yes I did get my NC license and no the cars not registered in NC, but I have 5 others that are.
    Yea, probably South Carolina. That seemed to be the flavor of the month when these things were getting titles on em. Anywho. Take care.

Garage-Sixgun

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat Racing View Post
    not enough people were paying the inflated price Motorex was charging for them.
    That's a understatement, more like a way over inflated price tag.

This thread amazes me with all the rampant stupidity. Night Glides

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Dollar View Post
    You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

This shit doesn't hurt my feelings in the slightest.

Bender A. Rodriguez

You don't think $100k is a worthwhile price to pay for a car that had no real performance gains over a Vspec R33? Personally I like the R34's the most but after driving all of them I'd just take an R32 VspecII and some mods.
    Ryan Reynolds

Yea, probably South Carolina. That seemed to be the flavor of the month when these things were getting titles on em. Anywho. Take care.
    Because here if its got 4 wheels and moves its ok with the state, they are stupid. Florida finally wised up though. SC will be the same way in about 6 months.

You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

Oh yea, I unquoted your VIN number too. Heat of battle outbursts are never good things.

Garage-Sixgun

You don't think $100k is a worthwhile price to pay for a car that had no real performance gains over a Vspec R33? Personally I like the R34's the most but after driving all of them I'd just take an R32 VspecII and some mods.
    Nope, I was just fine and dandy going to the local papason dealer down from my house and picking up a R33 for $10k less then the 34. Though the 34's were a rarer site to see at the lots the 33's and 32's were much more affordable in the $10,000 range.

Yeah, Glides is right, good luck with your cars, It'd be nice to have them legally again without paying prices motorex owners want, but everyday new GTR prices drop. Until then, id rather have a supra anyways lol

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERJC View Post
    So would it be legal to do the kaizo method on a r33 skyline? So bring the chassis of the r33 fully stripped and then reassemble it in the us so it would be consider a kit car
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    simply, no.

Unless its motorex, its not legal.
    Why would you register it as a kit car when it's legal in the US? The crash data has been done, as long as the R33 was manufactured between January 1996 and June 1998 it is eligible to be imported 100% complete (engine and transmission intact) and with the required modifications it does conform to all US federal laws. Any of the following RI's can bring them in, make the required changes, and get a VIN issued to it.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...list062609.pdf

There's 50 RI in the US, none in Georgia, and only 23 of them are willing to import cars other than those from Canada. I have no clue how many of those 23 are willing to import a R33 Skyline though.

Other than the small amount of Motorex's that got through, any Skyline other than the R33 manufactured between 1/96 and 6/98 are federally illegal and can not be made to conform to US laws & standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Yeah, Glides is right, good luck with your cars, It'd be nice to have them legally again without paying prices motorex owners want, but everyday new GTR prices drop. Until then, id rather have a supra anyways lol
    i want both!!!! if i ever am fortunate enough to have one, i want a r33 gtr
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

Garage sixgun now that is old school
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

In the end who cares.
    Good question. I would think not many people on IA, but it appers that there's a lot of people who care...and I just don't know why. It's just not that serious...I mean if you don't own one, why worry so much about it? It's the same people over and over arguing how those stupid skylines are illegal, lame, stupid, etc.

It is just a car, where does all the animosity come from? lol
    R34-GTT-RB26

Actually, it was a discussion on the ins and outs of the legality of Skylines. It was simply a discussion until some insults were thrown and then it became what it was. It got heated, and then it calmed back down. Same as nearly every thread on every forum in every part of the world does.

Nobody hates your cars. Well at least not here, maybe at the EPA.

Garage-Sixgun

I know, I read the entire thread. And it was mostly a discussion about the legality of skylines, but it's the comments and insults towards the owners/cars that I don't get. I don't mean this thread particularly, or even IA. There's constantly people who dog on them or go on and on and on about how they're illegal or whatever. I just don't get...like I said it's just a car and if you don't own one, then what's the big deal? I've owned plenty of cars and trust me, there are a lot of people who have animousity towards these cars.

I mean I don't like cavalier's, and I think they're one of the most pointless cars to "mod", but I don't ever talk about it (ok except now), or make threads/posts about it, lol.

I was just sayin' anyway. My feelings don't get hurt over this stuff...I really do lol about it.
    R34-GTT-RB26

True. People get their feelings hurt all the time over everything. Take this thread for example.

Government snatches Skylines.
    Thread is made.
    Type-R shows paperwork, which I am sure he didn't make up.
    People, including myself, disagree.
    Type-R gets frustrated, totally understandable....I would too.
    Lashes out, makes some insults.
    Things spiral and a little spat starts.
    Everyone calms down and life goes on.

Now I put his name in there not as a slam but just as an explenation. I understand frustration, you know you are right, people don't listen. He knew he was right cause he had paperwork. I was about 99% sure I was right from real world experience dealing with the Government, working for the Government and watching them change rules to suit themselves.

But in the end, nobody got hurt, nobody died.

Garage-Sixgun

Agreed.
    R34-GTT-RB26

But in the end, nobody got hurt, nobody died.

Until the govt makes the taxes on them your first born child lolz

سيمون Tibbett هو انا FoolsDrifFWD's Avatar
    Nikko Japan, Marietta GA, johannesburg south africa

crush time

DC5-R

First off, my brother owned Tophat Performance. Secondly, I don't toss up fronts, I tell what I know because i've SEEN it. Unlike you, i'm not so fucking stupid to believe all the shit that is printed in areas by the government that is changed time and time again. You think that was the first time they brought in cars? He's brought them in EVERY single way you described and knows ALL the ins and outs of the importing process. Maybe you need to actually IMPORT something in instead of dick humping on someone elses efforts and running your mouth like you know something. The only way they were seized is because the exporter shipped em open deck. Learn boy, before you speak.

Finally, like I said jackass. Call the EPA. Tell em you got a Skyline, see what they say. Call up ICE, tell em you have a Skyline, see what they say. Tell em that it's legal and they can't do shit about it. If you still have it after those phone calls, you won. If you don't, LOL at you.

You are just pissed that nobody in this thread believed you simply because you have a Skyline and think you are King Ding-a-ling. I got news for you, nobody cares that you have a Skyline. Right hand drive cars are a pain in the ass to drive daily, I had one. Mine was a Fairlady and it WAS legal. What you have is basically a waste of money. A car that is cool cause it's JDM and you are attempting to impress the people you most likely snub your nose at when you take your overpriced borderline illegal car to shows and think your shit doesn't stink.

Good luck with those phone calls. Until you make em an prove yourself right, go out in your garage and rub your penis on the side of your Skyline while you tell yourself how cool you are. You won't listen to anything anyone is saying anyway cause you KNOW everything. Typical.
    no taking sides but he did say on the previous page that he has motorex papers and his is a R33, so technically wouldn't that make his skyline FEDERALLY legal? just sayin'

edit: read the whole thread.... gotcha

So this is just about skylines right? other rhd cars can be fed legal correct? stupid question but how come no one can have a fed legal 02+ DC5 ITR or CTR? Or a s15 silvia for that matter, don't all of these cars have U.S. counterparts such as the 240sx?
    Last edited by IntegraXTR; 10-15-2009 at 06:00 PM.

no noob. none of them are on the list.

Bender A. Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by IntegraXTR View Post
    no taking sides but he did say on the previous page that he has motorex papers and his is a R33, so technically wouldn't that make his skyline FEDERALLY legal? just sayin'

edit: read the whole thread.... gotcha

So this is just about skylines right? other rhd cars can be fed legal correct? stupid question but how come no one can have a fed legal 02+ DC5 ITR or CTR? Or a s15 silvia for that matter, don't all of these cars have U.S. counterparts such as the 240sx?
    Because no one has crash tested them or worried about doing the compliance work on them. The main thing is EPA compliance which can be a PITA. If any emmisions related parts are even moved the car has to be recertified even if the parts themselves are the same.
    Ryan Reynolds

I would just like to take the tim to say, remember that one time, that one guy found a Skyline in a used car lot for what, like $2000, and then he like raced a buncha people and stuff???? MAN THAT WAS COOL.

Oh yeah, I like waffles.

PS:
    if you love skylines so much move to canada, problem solved.

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outphase View Post
    I would just like to take the tim to say, remember that one time, that one guy found a Skyline in a used car lot for what, like $2000, and then he like raced a buncha people and stuff???? MAN THAT WAS COOL.

Oh yeah, I like waffles.

PS:
    if you love skylines so much move to canada, problem solved.
    15 year rule in Canada, 25 year rule in the US...I have family in Canada. hrmm.

سيمون Tibbett هو انا FoolsDrifFWD's Avatar
    Nikko Japan, Marietta GA, johannesburg south africa

crush time

Bender A. Rodriguez

^that is so fucking awesome. lol
    Ryan Reynolds

On the top of my list of things I don't give a shit about....SKYLINES

Right below it....People getting their Skylines taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowwrx
    I fucked İhris's mom

...in the end, only about .02% of members on this sight could ever afford a REAL DEAL, MOTOREX R33 GT-R.

Too bad the purple-nurple was a casualty of the road.

NO RHD CAR IS FEDERALLY LEGAL, unless it is a motorex car or on the list that the feds have that allow imported cars.

NO CTR Is legal
    NO ITR is legal
    NO Silvia is legal
    NO 180SX is legal
    NOthing we car to drive is FED LEGAL
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

what about my RHD 4 runner is it legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Outphase View Post
    what about my RHD 4 runner is it legal?
    Should be, considering Toyota sold an exact vehicle here under another name.

Bender A. Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by OG-Skinny View Post
    ...in the end, only about .02% of members on this sight could ever afford a REAL DEAL, MOTOREX R33 GT-R.

Too bad the purple-nurple was a casualty of the road.
    Actually the purple-nurple is making a comeback. If the owner will ever finish the paint you'll see it again.
    Ryan Reynolds

Actually the purple-nurple is making a comeback. If the owner will ever finish the paint you'll see it again.
    Been a while! That car was fun to drive back with the previous owner from NYC. Then, after the single conversion, HOLY CHIT was that car insane.

I can't wait to have some nice change to play with when i get older. (hopefully the stock market and some investments I've made pay off.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234