Thread: 01 prelude........

Default 01 prelude........

i found an 01 prelude type s i was wonderin if thats the same thing as an sh? i rather have the base model.......

im not planning on boostin the prelude i jus wanted headers intake exhaust intake manifold fuel rail,regulator etc just simple things like that. is the type s worth gettin for those simple things? because i kno it has the atts like the sh which i kno makes it heavier then the base model,but for the simple mods i want is it worth getting?

one last question the type is heavier then the base but not heavier then the sh right?

Certified Gearhead

The type s has a little more HP. Im pretty sure it has a slightly bigger header, cams, intake manifold, etc. but not much bigger at all. I think it has about 20 hp over the stock h22. Other than that it has few things on the outside that look a little better, and im not sure about the interior. They're nicer than the other two model preludes and if you have the extra money for the cost and insurance, I'd go for it. But if its a lot more for it since it's a type s I wouldnt get it since you don't want to do much to it.

And yes its heavier. But it has a good bit more hp to back it up, unlike the SH which is heavier than a base with the same hp.

The interior and rims are also different.
    But the power difference isn't enough to matter. I would take the base over the type-s/sh

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

They had a 01 Prelude in type S form? I wasn't aware of such.

Learning everyday.

Super Handling

Type S I believe was only available in Japan and was only RHD. Basically the same as a USDM Type SH, but with a stronger motor. 220HP vs 200HP.

I know there is some guy in GA that has a real Type S. If you're thinking about buying a real deal Type S vs a Type SH. I say go for the Type S.

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

^Ohhhhhh, pretty cool! Type SH hold a lot of value it seemed back when I was looking a few up.

Learning everyday.

well the prelude i found is a 2001 one its from a dealer they say its a type s but i kno those are from japan and i doubt this one is and the lady said its a 2.4 and i thought preludes were 2.2??

How can I tell the diff btwn an sh nd a base? Like in the engine code or vin number? I kno the one I was lookin at has atts like the sh but wen I looked it up on bluebook with its vin it doesn't come up as an sh.. nd I looked it a sh with its vin and that one does pop up as a sh...so I'm confused....

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by nstygomez View Post
    How can I tell the diff btwn an sh nd a base? Like in the engine code or vin number? I kno the one I was lookin at has atts like the sh but wen I looked it up on bluebook with its vin it doesn't come up as an sh.. nd I looked it a sh with its vin and that one does pop up as a sh...so I'm confused....
    There is a way in the vin to tell the dif. but I forgot it. SH does have atts. SHs have 5 spoke better looking rims vs. base has the curved saw blade looking rims. SHs come with paint-matching lower trim/lips vs. base has black trim that is shorter. SHs are all 5spd. I think SHs come with factory spoiler, but you can get it as a factory option on the base. I think the interiors are the same on both, engine is the exact same on both, transmission is the same (if both are 5spd). Theres some more im sure, but those are the major differences. Mainly a few cosmetics and atts are the only major differences.

BTW, if you get the base, get a 5spd. The auto trannies are known to live short lives.

Quote Originally Posted by TicketRedBB6 View Post
    There is a way in the vin to tell the dif. but I forgot it. .
    BB614
    Last edited by Ludester; 09-09-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Ludester View Post
    BB615
    And the other is BB614?
    I thought it was a 5 and 4 that separated them, but wasnt sure the order leading up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TicketRedBB6 View Post
    And the other is BB614?
    I thought it was a 5 and 4 that separated them, but wasnt sure the order leading up to it.

I typed the wrong number... I meant BB614. not 5. I can't remember if it 5 or 3 for the base.

edit 5 is for base.

Doubt its a type S

There are alot of different ways to tell if its a base or SH... One is the sh wing(has a light in the middle)..My car has the sh wing but is a base but u can tell b/c I have a spot in the back window for the 3rd brake light SH's dont have a 3rd brake light in the window.. Another way to tell is the rims..the rims are the same as the jdm type S rims (17inch 5 spoke).. the SH also has a leather shift knob and ATTS..

Well see da car I been lookin at doesn't have the sh characteristics but da ppl from da dealer tell me its a type s or si nd I told em dat it can't b lol.... but idk ... I doubt its a sh.. but this is the vin to it jhmbb61401c006161. If anyone could look the vin up for me nd tell me for sure if its a base or sh I would greatly appreciate it...thanks

It's a base dude^

Nothing wrong with a base

O so it is a base then? My ? Finally answered lol... I kno I rather have the base then the sh... hope I can get it ima go c 2maro...preciate da help

Certified Gearhead

O so it is a base then? My ? Finally answered lol... I kno I rather have the base then the sh... hope I can get it ima go c 2maro...preciate da help
    Do you have a link or any pics? Sounds like they might be trying to tell you its one thing when its not. Either tryin to rip you off or sell you a car with problems. An 01 prelude si? wtf are they talkin about?

LOL
    well glad you figured out its a base, we never got type-s and no thing as a prelude Si, only a SiR which we never got either. dealership sounds like a bunch of dildos, dont let em rip you off

oh and buy my carbon hood, link in my sig

Yea I got da link but I gotta get home first cuz I dnt got it on my fone

Yea I got da link but I gotta get it from my computer bcuz I dnt got it on my fone..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

jus type that in ur search bar and it should take you to it

Certified Gearhead

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

jus type that in ur search bar and it should take you to it
    Says its no longer for sale. You already buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_lude_91 View Post
    LOL
    well glad you figured out its a base, we never got type-s and no thing as a prelude Si, only a SiR which we never got either. dealership sounds like a bunch of dildos, dont let em rip you off

oh and buy my carbon hood, link in my sig

It could of been a SE model from canada.. Pretty much same as base... My car is canadian so....

rockem sohcem robot

preludepower.com
    done
    go there.
    get flamed for asking, but youll have every answer in the world worth asking. i built a prelude ground up based off the info on here
    "TheCrew"
    Crew member #3!
    just because I came in late I am leaving one two open haha