Thread: can i fit 35x14.5x15 w/ 4" lift?

I <3 MY EF

Default can i fit 35x14.5x15 w/ 4" lift?

these are 33x12.5 & I wanna go bigger. it's got a 4" suspension lift. can I fit 35's? i know id prolly have to hack the stepbar in the back a little.

id like to go 14.5. let me know your thoughts.

Thinkin about the SuperSwamper Bogger 35x14.5

IA's Instigator

droped blocks, and lift the front 1 inch on a 2000 silverado extended cab and i fit 35's on it.

so yeah with 4 inches you could put 37.1250s if you wanted

I <3 MY EF

so the answer is yes? you think i can go 14.5?

I would hate to spend 900$ on tires & them not fit.

IA's Instigator

of course you will. thought you were selling the truck now? your not going to get your old asking price even with 35's though nice truck for sure.

I <3 MY EF

im not selling it, im gonna keep it & buy me a DD like another std hatch or something.

Thanks for the compliment.

with a 4 inch you will but you may suffer some rub on sharp turn in.
    When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

IA's Instigator

you wont suffer any rubber at all. by the way, go with some TSL's.. theyre good tires, if you go with 38.5's that are 14.50 itll look mean as **** if you drop the rear down an inch you can still tuck 38.5's IF you do it right... since obviously the rear wont be turning like you do with steering (doh)

I <3 MY EF

you seriously think i can fit 38's undert there the way it sits right now? I was thinking i could barely fit 35's lol. i dont think I want 38's but I'll look into it.

IA's Instigator

you dont have any friends with big tires you could fool around with and see if you like it? if you make the drive i think we could put a set of 38x15.50's on there to see how itll hold its ground. are your torsion bars cranked the fok up?

I <3 MY EF

i have no idea where they are set at. they way you see it is the way i bought it.

im ready to start messing around w/ it. I have gotten the bug now that Im gonna keep it. what are some good websites w/ good prices.

My heart is set on the SS Bogger TLS. not sure what size yet tho.

where is your shop?

IA's Instigator

TLS's roar like a btch. i have 44 monster mudders and my dad when hes by the pool can usually hear me about 7 minutes before im home when im on highway 80. of course theres no real way to tell if its me, but the same sound just gets louder and louder the closer i get to the house. i can hear my 44's over my 406 with twr forged pistons, afb 750 carb, crane fireball II cam, headers, and flowmasters.

i dont have a shop but i have a floor lift at my girlfriends house that her father has, i have a key to the shop and permission to use the shop as long as nothing gets taken from the shop. nothing special but its got a floor lift im in statesboro, GA though.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pts/720170661.html contact him and see if he will let you try those on before you buy a set. country people usually own big trucks, so hes probably pretty nice.

I <3 MY EF

I love tire roar. my 33's are pretty loud but not like you are talking about.

it will be a few weeks before im ready to buy. i think im gonna get some 38's LOL should look pretty sick. I will definatly be hitting you up for info on stuff since you seem to know your stuff. how do I adjust the torsion bars? I crawled under it & couldnt find out hw to adjust them.

known as Charles

Depending on the backspacing on the wheels you should be able to fit them no problems. The 14.5 is a wide tire and you may have to trim the front bumper and air dam. Good luck.
    Main Stream Performance
    Don't make excuses...Make Power

Digital Box Tuning (Scttydb411)

www.mainstreamperformance.com

MSSracing.com

I <3 MY EF

i think im gonna go w/ a 35x14.5

i can't afford 38's right now.

I should have seen this before.

Anyways, a 4 inch lift and 35s will be fine. You will probably have to yank off the step bars or cut them a little. And trim your front plastic valence too. A 35x14.50 might be a little too big for a 4 inch lift. Stick with a 35 12.50 for a 4inch unless you wanna cut and beat in your pinch welds. Hell I can make a Tacoma fit 35s bone stock with a saw zaw...

But you don't wanna do that obviously. Tire choice wise, a Swamper is going to run out quick.

If its a daily driven truck but you still want MTs on it, Id go with MTRs if you can spend the cash. Great tire and damn long long tread life. Or seriously.... new BFG MTs are sick. Or the older style ones. My buddy has had his 35 12.50s on his Yota for 3 years now and they still look new its got so much tread.
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by BBanks357

these are 33x12.5 & I wanna go bigger. it's got a 4" suspension lift. can I fit 35's? i know id prolly have to hack the stepbar in the back a little.

id like to go 14.5. let me know your thoughts.

Thinkin about the SuperSwamper Bogger 35x14.5
    the 35's will fit, but depending on the offset and back spaceing of your wheels you might run into trouble rubbing the stepbar in the rear and the front bumper valance and poss. the front sway bar. That is if you go with the boggers. You might not rub as much if you run TSL radials...