Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Had to post this!

Certified Gearhead

No kidding !

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

You would think these kids would get the hint and let it cool down, it was also just busted 2wks ago...

Link:
    3 arrested in drag racing crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    You would think these kids would get the hint and let it cool down, it was also just busted 2wks ago...

Link:
    3 arrested in drag racing crackdown
    I have seen the Moreland Crew Before, mob mentaility and battles of sub 200WHP cars. I watched a EG and G35 battle it out on 285 a few weekends ago (got on at Moreland and slowed to a 30 roll). It was about the most painfull thing I ever waited for. It took a mile to get the ball rolling and a few of us in Commuter cars almost passed the race. I was going to pass them to keep the oil off my windshield, but we too terrified to have them behind me.

Certified Gearhead

Whats the definition of insanity?

Why anyone goes there is beyond me. They must like getting tickets, raising their insurance and getting chased by cops.

I get calls every weekend to go out, went a couple of times only to run evo's, but never hang out at that store.. They are some fools, and the sad part is they will keep going back...

Yea I drive a Neon! justnprsh07's Avatar

If they would go to the track and spend 10-20 to run allnight it would be fun and the scene would be a lot better for respectable cars that actually make power and are fast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by justnprsh07 View Post
    If they would go to the track and spend 10-20 to run allnight it would be fun and the scene would be a lot better for respectable cars that actually make power and are fast
    These people will never do that, most are 2hrs from the closest track.. IF AMS would have build a drag strip then it could be a little better, but people will always street race..lol

I am over-whelmed by this DBs grammar. WOW! It's true, you can't fix stupid.

I don't care if you have a 9 second Civic - it's still a POS Civic - get a real platform to build a car on.

All the money invested in the car? Give me a break, what a Pep Boy Special.

This guy should have saved some money for acne cream, and the hearing aid he's gonna need from standing around that car during tuning.
    It's not cutting you off, if I'm going faster. - me

Certified Gearhead

Street racing I don't have as much an issue. Why go to such a heat score? Its like racing on Barrett pkwy

Quote Originally Posted by ItODDospeed View Post
    I don't care if you have a 9 second Civic - it's still a POS Civic - get a real platform to build a car on.
    Oh really? Well sir tells us... whats a "real platform"??? Because i thought a 9 sec car is a 9 sec car no matter the platform. So you're telling us that out of a couple 1000's V8's that run 9's arent "POS's" becuase they are V8's and not 4 bangers/imports?? Whats the difference??? They STILL ran a 9 SEC PASS. Its all in what YOU like... To each his/her own...
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by 112480 View Post
    Oh really? Well sir tells us... whats a "real platform"??? Because i thought a 9 sec car is a 9 sec car no matter the platform. So you're telling us that out of a couple 1000's V8's that run 9's arent "POS's" becuase they are V8's and not 4 bangers/imports?? Whats the difference??? They STILL ran a 9 SEC PASS. Its all in what YOU like... To each his/her own...
    That is someones fake profile made up to talk shit.. No need to reply to stupid..LOL

A Civic is a girls car, or made for a low-income family. I meant what I said, a Civic is a POS (unless it's used for its intended purpose - an econo-box) no matter what you've done to the car.

JIC, my statement was Civic specific and had little to do with any other car. Moreover, if I have to tell you what a real platform for a proper sports or super car is...it's pointless for me to say.

BTW, 1Civic, it's stupid or dumb when you don't use an ellipsis properly. However, not understanding punctuation and modding a Civic makes for a whole other level of stupidity. I will say that if you're a young man in HS then it's OK-ish to drive a Civic, but to mod one is wack.

I am well known outside the "Modded POS Crew."

A Civic is a girls car, or made for a low-income family. I meant what I said, a Civic is a POS (unless it's used for its intended purpose - an econo-box) no matter what you've done to the car.

JIC, my statement was Civic specific and had little to do with any other car. Moreover, if I have to tell you what a real platform for a proper sports or super car is...it's pointless for me to say.

BTW, 1Civic, it's stupid or dumb when you don't use an ellipsis properly. However, not understanding punctuation and modding a Civic makes for a whole other level of stupidity. I will say that if you're a young man in HS then it's OK-ish to drive a Civic, but to mod one is wack.

I am well known outside the "Modded POS Crew."
    Well then jo-blow leave the thread... It's about a Honda!! No need to elaborate anymore your first post summed that up!!

And, Stupid would be acting like a grade school teacher harassing others about how they type on the internet. SMH!

Do you not have a better argument?

Your opinion about a purpose built race car is your own opinion, and only that.

Do you really think I have to like what you like?

In closing, please don't say a mustang or camaro is a real sports car, i will beg to differ!!

EDIT:

I spaced this out so you can read it better, ok teach?
    Last edited by 1civic; 08-09-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Hey, proper grammar is not over-rated. If you wanna sound like a HS drop-out, have at it chief.

I wasn't arguing, I was stating a fact, and if you don't believe that a Civic is an econo-box then read more. A Camaro and Mustang is a real sports car, but I wouldn't own either personally. I wouldn't doubt that you do have to beg to get people to listen to you - looking at your grammar and moronic stringing together of words - it's your position and station in life.

Your "EDIT" was pointless and shows your ignorance to the English language - my spaces were for different thoughts/paragraphs not to prove a point that was useless.

Hey, proper grammar is not over-rated. If you wanna sound like a HS drop-out, have at it chief.

I wasn't arguing, I was stating a fact, and if you don't believe that a Civic is an econo-box then read more. A Camaro and Mustang is a real sports car, but I wouldn't own either personally. I wouldn't doubt that you do have to beg to get people to listen to you - looking at your grammar and moronic stringing together of words - it's your position and station in life.

Your "EDIT" was pointless and shows your ignorance to the English language - my spaces were for different thoughts/paragraphs not to prove a point that was useless.
    You must have to write daily huh?

Hate your life?

Have a small penis, ahhh... That's it huh?

old but good..

No, I just graduated HS, went to College, got my Masters, became wealthy, retired at 31, and do what I want every day. Today I am an investor - venture capitalism, angel investing, and managing my estate - I love my life.

As far as discussing my penis with another guy...that's not my style. Maybe discussing penis size with your buddies is, but that's not any of my business...no judgments.

No, I just graduated HS, went to College, got my Masters, became wealthy, retired at 31, and do what I want every day. Today I am an investor - venture capitalism, angel investing, and managing my estate - I love my life.

As far as discussing my penis with another guy...that's not my style. Maybe discussing penis size with your buddies is, but that's not any of my business...no judgments.
    Wow, the bull-shit keeps flowing!!

Here watch another video..

Still they're a POS Civic trying to be fast. A few more runs, and I bet you'd hear boom!

Like I stated earlier, I'm well known in the local car community, but none of the car guys I hang around have a modded Civic.

Example: get a Z06, put a 150 shot on it, and you have a low 10 second car that can be driven right, left, to the track, pass emissions, last almost forever, and a woman will get into that car. One of my Z06s will run 12 flat stock and the other one will run low 11's on street tires, and women jump into them. FTR, those cars are just two that I have in my collection, but are good examples of straight line acceleration that were meant to be that fast.

Describe the women that wanna ride in a Civic...much less one that goes that fast.

Still they're a POS Civic trying to be fast. A few more runs, and I bet you'd hear boom!

Like I stated earlier, I'm well known in the local car community, but none of the car guys I hang around have a modded Civic.

Example: get a Z06, put a 150 shot on it, and you have a low 10 second car that can be driven right, left, to the track, pass emissions, last almost forever, and a woman will get into that car. One of my Z06s will run 12 flat stock and the other one will run low 11's on street tires, and women jump into them. FTR, those cars are just two that I have in my collection, but are good examples of straight line acceleration that were meant to be that fast.

Describe the women that wanna ride in a Civic...much less one that goes that fast.
    My stock civic runs 12's and my wife will jump in at any point.. You like the zo6, and I like Honda's.. Do i care what anyone thinks, nope!

It's really pointless to come in here and bicker about some honda's, some of us enjoy them.. Your point about having money has nothing to do with anything, people with money build them.. SMH!

It's a hobby, some agree, some disagree!!

My stock civic runs 12's and my wife will jump in at any point.. You like the zo6, and I like Honda's.. Do i care what anyone thinks, nope!
    First off, I love Honda, but a Civic is an econo-box. Like I said, it's a family machine, not a drag-car, race-car, or anything of the such. It does get great gas mileage, low-emissions, value, and is great for a starting family. I've owned several Hondas in my lifetime, and still have a Honda street motorcycle.

I wanna see a stock Civic (not a Si, MAYBE that would get to 15) break 16 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

Go look at some other sports, people build some dumb shit, but I'll always respect the time, and effort invested!!

Not everyone can do it, most have to pay... I bet you have to pay huh? But if you took the time to build something then your out-look would be different.. If not then you are just a "self proclaimed" ass hole. lol

I wanna see a stock Civic (not a Si, MAYBE that would get to 15) break 16 seconds in the 1/4 mile.
    My stock meaning; untouched motor of choice, still factory sealed..

It's really pointless to come in here and bicker about some honda's, some of us enjoy them.. Your point about having money has nothing to do with anything, people with money build them.. SMH!

It's a hobby, some agree, some disagree!!
    Agreed.

In the end, it really was the stigma that the guy conveyed in the video on page one of this thread. That's the typical ego of most Civic owners I come across. I wasn't implying that all Civic owners were the same, but a lot are, and their egos rest on their Civics ability. Like you said to each their own...

A Z06 isn't my favorite car, but it's one of them - I'm not sure if I really have a favorite.

My stock meaning; untouched motor of choice, still factory sealed..
    That changes a bunch...

Agreed.

In the end, it really was the stigma that the guy conveyed in the video on page one of this thread. That's the typical ego of most Civic owners I come across. I wasn't implying that all Civic owners were the same, but a lot are, and their egos rest on their Civics ability. Like you said to each their own...

A Z06 isn't my favorite car, but it's one of them - I'm not sure if I really have a favorite.
    See we agree, but my car is not the norm.. very low key, but a blast to drive.. I do not draw the attention of everyone, but that was the goal.. "Simple and sweet"..

I was drawn to the Honda because i'm a smaller guy, it fit's me! Since I was younger (15) I have built a number of them.. Never really had much money invested into any of them, i just like the simple mods. As I got older I wanted to run with the faster cars, so the swaps began!

I have owned a 240, ws6, and mustang, but non gave me the joy that my little hatch does!!!

Money or no money people are hooked on the idea of building something simple, may even be ugly, but it's what they like.

And you can make anything fast if you throw enough money at it!

some of these honda guys may be assholes online, and in person, but if you meet me in person you would never believe I post as "1civic"... LOL

Go look at some other sports, people build some dumb shit, but I'll always respect the time, and effort invested!!

Not everyone can do it, most have to pay... I bet you have to pay huh? But if you took the time to build something then your out-look would be different.. If not then you are just a "self proclaimed" ass hole. lol
    I missed this reply.

I've been modding cars before you were born - most likely. I pay all the time to maintain my cars, but I'm at an age and stature that I don't have to turn wrenches anymore (or want to). All my cars have less than 30K on the ODO, but I have several. Today, I just buy the best the manufacture has to sell, and learn how to drive it at its limit. I quit tuning because of reliability issues, and I drive really hard. By the time I make a car that wasn't meant to do what I want it to do what I want it to do...I could have bought something proper with a warranty. I do respect all people, well, those that deserve it, and that's not a reflection to you as a person - it's a statement.

See we agree, but my car is not the norm.. very low key, but a blast to drive.. I do not draw the attention of everyone, but that was the goal.. "Simple and sweet"..

I was drawn to the Honda because i'm a smaller guy, it fit's me! Since I was younger (15) I have built a number of them.. Never really had much money invested into any of them, i just like the simple mods. As I got older I wanted to run with the faster cars, so the swaps began!

I have owned a 240, ws6, and mustang, but non gave me the joy that my little hatch does!!!

Money or no money people are hooked on the idea of building something simple, may even be ugly, but it's what they like.
    And you can make anything fast if you throw enough money at it!

some of these honda guys may be assholes online, and in person, but if you meet me in person you would never believe I post as "1civic"... LOL
    You're right, you don't sound like the normal Civic guy, which is a really good thing, but that's my opinion.

"my car is not the norm.. very low key, but a blast to drive.. I do not draw the attention of everyone, but that was the goal.. "Simple and sweet".." that's a good formula. It's hard to go fast on the streets when you look like a race car and sound like one.

I missed this reply.

I've been modding cars before you were born - most likely. I pay all the time to maintain my cars, but I'm at an age and stature that I don't have to turn wrenches anymore (or want to). All my cars have less than 30K on the ODO, but I have several. Today, I just buy the best the manufacture has to sell, and learn how to drive it at its limit. I quit tuning because of reliability issues, and I drive really hard. By the time I make a car that wasn't meant to do what I want it to do what I want it to do...I could have bought something proper with a warranty. I do respect all people, well, those that deserve it, and that's not a reflection to you as a person - it's a statement.
    I'm 31 so unless your 60 something then it's not before I was born..

I choice to build what I drive only because i enjoy taking that time, could I buy a vette, umm sure, is it practical, umm no! I'm a family man, work hard, and enjoy cars as my hobby..beside wife is not gonna let me own anything with 2 seats.

Each to their own I guess..

I did say most likely. I found later in life, a thing called offset. Buy the wife something, usually a nice diamond, and then get what you want. It doesn't work everytime, but neither does "Sex Panther" and that works everytime 60% of the time.

I gotta go, enjoy the afternoon, and have fun with the family tonight.

Road to All Motor10s *EFilliated*'s Avatar
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

3S-GTE all the way!!!

knightsleeper@$%&$

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567