Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Had to post this!

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

[QUOTE=stretch;39432657]
    Quote Originally Posted by justnprsh07 View Post
    10.6 with 334hp? Are they on a dog box? And where can I get ahold of some of these parts?do they have a part out threat somewhere? I'll buy the skinnies right now[/QUOTE

he is selling the whole shell for 5k slicks, skinnies, etc, everything, . no it doesnt have a dog box, thats bout the only thing it didnt have. and yes it ran 10.6 with 334hp morris driving. i can post the video if u like.....lol

5K with the blowed up motor/tranny included.. I bet that bitch is light too..

And 10.6, I can be-leave that.. Morris can drive when he's not missing 2nd!! lol... :P

Yea I drive a Neon! justnprsh07's Avatar

That's tempting... I would like to find out some details on what it would come with
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Once again u are wrong. The car races for money, so irrespective of wat is posted, one will never know the true number. Anytime u see anyone put numbers out its because that's the power level they will be running at the next track event. Street race, different story
    No man I'm sorry u are wrong. If that car ran anywhere closer to 10 flat or a 9.99 it WOULD be known. Sorry to tell you man for all that will never know our true number crap its not worth 2 cents. Just like everyone knows showtime true numbers(track) they'd would know this "TEAM" numbers as well.... As said before... They couldn't hid that Shit no matter what they or you say... Sorry man.....

And btw, yes all u new York guys say my nigga or nigga but stretch I can stand/be around u all day and not get irritated... That dude would just straight up piss me off.... But to HELL with him, CONGRATS on Ur CDL again man
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

Stretch are you saying they DE-TUNE their cars for the track? I dont know if i buy that.

I think if a car makes 3XX on a dyno thats what they are running on the street or close to it. Its not so easy to detune and NA car. Turbo cars different story, they can turn the boost down easily.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Southern Speed

I think he is saying they are not giving all its got at the track..
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR View Post
    I think he is saying they are not giving all its got at the track..
    And joey stretch is waay smarter than that to say some STUPID Shit like that...... Who in the HELL would run a 10.4 at the track when thier car could run a 9 sec pass??(NA wise) If you're "sandbagging" like that so noone would know the truth about Ur car at the track why in the HELL run a 10.4 in the first place!!???? Why not push it enough to run mid-high 11's???? Why push it that close to its potential if Ur trying to sandbag!??

These are SIMPLE questions that ANYONE can ask and should enjoy the lame/dumb/retarded answer that follows....
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

SOUTHERN SPEED

nice car , nice times, and who cares if he was or wasnt sand bagging lol. Ill hit you up tomorrow joey

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

Southern Speed

Quote Originally Posted by 112480 View Post
    And joey stretch is waay smarter than that to say some STUPID Shit like that...... Who in the HELL would run a 10.4 at the track when thier car could run a 9 sec pass??(NA wise) If you're "sandbagging" like that so noone would know the truth about Ur car at the track why in the HELL run a 10.4 in the first place!!???? Why not push it enough to run mid-high 11's???? Why push it that close to its potential if Ur trying to sandbag!??

These are SIMPLE questions that ANYONE can ask and should enjoy the lame/dumb/retarded answer that follows....
    I hear what you are saying. But at the same time that was the first time out with the new setup....how many times have you seen someone go out and run a PB first trip out on a new setup?

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    nice car , nice times, and who cares if he was or wasnt sand bagging lol. Ill hit you up tomorrow joey
    ok sounds good

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Stretch are you saying they DE-TUNE their cars for the track? I dont know if i buy that.

I think if a car makes 3XX on a dyno thats what they are running on the street or close to it. Its not so easy to detune and NA car. Turbo cars different story, they can turn the boost down easily.
    Wat I'm saying is that the car in this post actually made 365hp. I can say that now because he selling the car n it blew up. But just a little ed-ju-macation for yall ATL boys(lol). When u street race a car in the street usually u bring it to the track to test it and dial it in. In doing so we run N/T as to not show times. And if people show numbers, its before they finished tuning to their final number, hence this video. It's not sandbagging, its hustling.
    Gregg, where should i start with you. But in NY we don't street race from a roll for $50 like yall do here. We usually race for 1k and up. Slicks on, from a DIG! I understand yall do it differently, so I'm just informing u on our differences. That is all for street racing 101. Next class starts after the next question.....lol

ahh i that makes more sense, i must have just misunderstood what was said. I didnt even watch the video , i made it past the 34th use of the N word and shut it off.

A lot of the old school muscle car guys do that here, they race N/T so as to hide their times, and if you see a time you know its not what the car is capable of. So youre saying the time you are seeing displayed in the video isnt what the car is capable of for this reason.

No one does that here because the street racing import scene was never that big, and they never raced for big money so there was no reason to hide anything.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

N/T doesn't keep people from knowing your time.
    Down here, real racing is from a dig also, but most grudge racers run RWD, not FWD.
    You might want to go to CGR to get some races setup.
    Grudge Racer - Home
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

But in fairness, the difference between a 10.5 car and a 10.2 car on the street isnt much LOL
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead

ahh i that makes more sense, i must have just misunderstood what was said. I didnt even watch the video , i made it past the 34th use of the N word and shut it off.

A lot of the old school muscle car guys do that here, they race N/T so as to hide their times, and if you see a time you know its not what the car is capable of. So youre saying the time you are seeing displayed in the video isnt what the car is capable of for this reason.

No one does that here because the street racing import scene was never that big, and they never raced for big money so there was no reason to hide anything.
    I need to start going down to see the muscle car guys to set something up. At the track though, grudge race. Can't street race no more , I got CDL now

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    N/T doesn't keep people from knowing your time.
    Down here, real racing is from a dig also, but most grudge racers run RWD, not FWD.
    You might want to go to CGR to get some races setup.
    Grudge Racer - Home
    Give me some more info on this place ur talking about

Wat I'm saying is that the car in this post actually made 365hp. I can say that now because he selling the car n it blew up. But just a little ed-ju-macation for yall ATL boys(lol). When u street race a car in the street usually u bring it to the track to test it and dial it in. In doing so we run N/T as to not show times. And if people show numbers, its before they finished tuning to their final number, hence this video. It's not sandbagging, its hustling.
    Gregg, where should i start with you. But in NY we don't street race from a roll for $50 like yall do here. We usually race for 1k and up. Slicks on, from a DIG! I understand yall do it differently, so I'm just informing u on our differences.
    Well man i guess thats the REAL difference between u NY guys and us down here. We(imports, V8 guys are different i.e zosick) dont feel the need to hustle you in a race. Straight up is where its at. So what if he showed 352 in the vid but really made 365. If his car was fast enough to beat showtime it would beat it regardless of the 13whp diff from the vid. 13whp diff wont mean shit if he were losing by a half a car or more anyway. Yes, 13whp more is very good for NA but in speed excess of 95-130mph+, its not enough to make a difference.

But since ur giving class stretch i have question number 2 for you...................

If car A is going 115mph @352whp(na)(showtime) and is ahead by a half a car and car B is going 123mph@365whp(manny OTL) and are 1250ft into the 1320ft race, how much longer or how many more ft does car B need to pull out a WIN, when wind drag, and velocity comes into play???
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

But in fairness, the difference between a 10.5 car and a 10.2 car on the street isnt much LOL
    Not much at ALL meaning if the 10.2 car miss a gear or spin a little to0 much that .3 of a second wont mean shit hence the 10.5 car making 352whp and the 10.2 car making 365whp.... understand now stretch?
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

when youre making 13whp at those power levels, its almost insignificant. Its like comapring a 800whp Civic to a 750whp civic. Theres almost no difference.

Instead of making more power at that point, youre better suited to gearing changes, slick/skinny setup, drag (air resistance) setup, etc. IMO of course. But ive never owned a car NEAR that fast.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead

[QUOTE=112480;39433186]Well man i guess thats the REAL difference between u NY guys and us down here. We(imports, V8 guys are different i.e zosick) dont feel the need to hustle you in a race. Straight up is where its at. So what if he showed 352 in the vid but really made 365. If his car was fast enough to beat showtime it would beat it regardless of the 13whp diff from the vid. 13whp diff wont mean shit if he were losing by a half a car or more anyway. Yes, 13whp more is very good for NA but in speed excess of 95-130mph+, its not enough to make a difference.

But since ur giving class stretch i have question number 2 for you...................

If car A is going 115mph @352whp(na)(showtime) and is ahead by a half a car and car B is going 123mph@365whp(manny OTL) and are 1250ft into the 1320ft race, how much longer or how many more ft does car B need to pull out a WIN, when wind drag, and velocity comes into play???[/QUOTE

Gregg u have a lot to learn. Mph tells u wat the car is capable of and wat they SHOULD be running. Lot of other variables will determine if they run wat they should or not. And yes, believe me when I say that 13hp in an all motor car is a big difference. To talk about wind and velocity to me is redundant, because we have 2 cars that are aerodynamicaaly different. Did u know the white hatch (bubble) in this video has a full aluminum under cover?. Gregg, don't watch YouTube then come on here with all that lip bruh bruh...LOL... These are people I know personally and car we work on for real. Moving to Alabama didn't help ur IQ any, u need to come back home to ATL bruh.......lol.....jk

Wind resistance is kinda hard to determine, its not like these guys are renting a wind tunnel at Lockheed Martin and making changes. But stuff like stretch is mentioning like the aluminum under covers, the bumpers with holes in them are proven to work on most setups.

My point was at that power level its not about 5-10 more WHP , its probably more about chassis setup and gearing.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Gregg u have a lot to learn. Mph tells u wat the car is capable of and wat they SHOULD be running. Lot of other variables will determine if they run wat they should or not. And yes, believe me when I say that 13hp in an all motor car is a big difference. To talk about wind and velocity to me is redundant, because we have 2 cars that are aerodynamicaaly different. Did u know the white hatch (bubble) in this video has a full aluminum under cover?. Gregg, don't watch YouTube then come on here with all that lip bruh bruh...LOL... These are people I know personally and car we work on for real. Moving to Alabama didn't help ur IQ any, u need to come back home to ATL bruh.......lol.....jk
    Only problem is, mph was just an example. I can use another terminology if u like. Doesnt matter how u shake it, 13whp is not enough difference for car B to pull out a WIN in the example i gave u above.... but i like how you dodged the question TEACHER!....lol and wind and velocity might be redundant to you but unfortuanetly for you they are TWO BIG,REAL AND CONSISTANT FACTORS espeacially at those speed and that close to the 1320ft mark!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

well, IF ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL, meaning same car, same driver, same redline, same powerband, same drag coefficient, same everything, take 2 identical cars, 2 identical drivers, and drive 2 IDENTICAL ways, then yes the car with 13whp SHOULD win cause usually more whp=more TQ (whp is a function of TQ).

But that is rarely the case.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Wind resistance is kinda hard to determine, its not like these guys are renting a wind tunnel at Lockheed Martin and making changes. But stuff like stretch is mentioning like the aluminum under covers, the bumpers with holes in them are proven to work on most setups.

My point was at that power level its not about 5-10 more WHP , its probably more about chassis setup and gearing.
    This is true but wind resistance at those speeds with that aluminum under cover stretch spoke about does tie in alot at those speeds at that range which is on your list of chassis and gearing so from that aspect the under cover is more helpful for them than the extra 13whp. I gave stretch those examples because he reffered to the whp diff in the vid vs what the car actually made and hence why i gave my example in the mph term only just for him
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

well, IF ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL, meaning same car, same driver, same redline, same powerband, same drag coefficient, same everything, take 2 identical cars, 2 identical drivers, and drive 2 IDENTICAL ways, then yes the car with 13whp SHOULD win cause usually more whp=more TQ (whp is a function of TQ).

Damn right its RARELY the case, if mother nature has anything to say about it....LOL!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

well ive never owned a car that fast to REALLY know or care. The most i ever cared about was Final Drive and overall chassis weight, but i never test and tuned my car ever at at a track. I always just messed with it on the street.

I cant imagine the setup that goes into a car with that kind of power
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead

Thanks vtecckidd. This should answer greggs question. I'm not dodging ur question sir, but all variables would have to be the exact same to get those results, so no need to elaborate on that.
    Last edited by stretch; 07-26-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks vtecckidd. This should answer greggs question. I'm not dodging ur question sir, but all variables would have to be the exact same to get those results, so no need to elaborate of that.
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

Give me some more info on this place ur talking about
    There are several tracks here in the south that grudge races are regularly run at. The more well-known local ones are:

Headhunter Dragway - Eatonton - www.headhunterdragway.com
    Phenix Dragstrip - Phenix City - PhenixDragStrip;PhenixMotorsports,PhenixCityDragSt rip
    Twiggs / Macon National Drag - Macon National Dragway
    Carolina Dragway / House of Hook (HOH) - Carolina Dragway - The House Of Hook - Jackson SC

There are also large events held at Silver Dollar (GA), SGMP (GA), and Steele (AL). Let me be clear though - the slowest class generally is bracket, and they run as slow as 7.50. The heads up classes run from low 4's up to mid 6's in the 1/8. Anything else is bracket at the bigger races.

There are also some small hole-in-the-wall tracks like Camp Hill (AL), LaGrange (GA), and Brainerd (GA), that might be more the action that you might be looking for.

I gave you a link earlier to Carolina Grudge. You should familiarize yourself with the local scene, so you know who can help you setup your races.

1/8 tracks suck..

Certified Gearhead

There are several tracks here in the south that grudge races are regularly run at. The more well-known local ones are:

Headhunter Dragway - Eatonton - www.headhunterdragway.com
    Phenix Dragstrip - Phenix City - PhenixDragStrip;PhenixMotorsports,PhenixCityDragSt rip
    Twiggs / Macon National Drag - Macon National Dragway
    Carolina Dragway / House of Hook (HOH) - Carolina Dragway - The House Of Hook - Jackson SC

There are also large events held at Silver Dollar (GA), SGMP (GA), and Steele (AL). Let me be clear though - the slowest class generally is bracket, and they run as slow as 7.50. The heads up classes run from low 4's up to mid 6's in the 1/8. Anything else is bracket at the bigger races.

There are also some small hole-in-the-wall tracks like Camp Hill (AL), LaGrange (GA), and Brainerd (GA), that might be more the action that you might be looking for.

I gave you a link earlier to Carolina Grudge. You should familiarize yourself with the local scene, so you know who can help you setup your races.

well at least 3 of us honda guys here in ATL have cars with the potential of running mid 6s in the 1/8. An thats myself, Matt Stover and Jason (blownhatch). but ar ethere any 1/4 miles tracks in any of the list u just gave me?

We have 2 1/4 tracks in GA that I have been too.. What he listed is 1/8 besides (HOH)

Commerce and Reynolds..

And 6's are not enough stretch in the 1/8 at the tracks he listed..

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    We have 2 1/4 tracks in GA that I have been too.. What he listed is 1/8 besides (HOH)

Commerce and Reynolds..

best believe if i can dial my car in to run mid 6s in the 1/8th the 1/4 is gonna be fantastic. if u know anything about me bobby u know i like to compete, and dont just compete WHEN I KNOW I WILL WIN. it called gambling and its fun at the same time. ima look into it

best believe if i can dial my car in to run mid 6s in the 1/8th the 1/4 is gonna be fantastic. if u know anything about me bobby u know i like to compete, and dont just compete WHEN I KNOW I WILL WIN. it called gambling and its fun at the same time. ima look into it

The 1/8 comes before the 1/4 so yes you're right... I just hate that we have no local tracks, gotta drive for TNT..

All I was sayin about the 6's in the 1/8 is the guys who run thoses events and gamble like David posted run low 5's, and even 4's now.. It's a trip to watch.. I went a coupe of times and had a blast, but no gambling for me.

I will look up some video's of the local guys that I can remember running.. I'll post what I find!

Southern Speed

you missed a 1/4 mile track bobby.....SGMP

And if you go by numbers that those cars are showing(showtime and otl) showtime has only ran 10.8 :P

Macon aka (Twiggs) I think.

HOH (S) (Carolina dragway)

Eatonton aka (Headhunter dragway)

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c... - YouTube</a>

Paradise

Buick in Paradise, dragstrip that is. - YouTube

I do not follow much on the v8 guys anymore, but I'll always watch something fast run, no matter what it is running down the track ..

well at least 3 of us honda guys here in ATL have cars with the potential of running mid 6s in the 1/8. An thats myself, Matt Stover and Jason (blownhatch). but ar ethere any 1/4 miles tracks in any of the list u just gave me?
    There are (3) 1/4 mile tracks in GA: Atlanta Dragway (Commerce), South GA Motorsports Park (SGMP in Adel), and Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds.
    There are a couple of 1/4 mile track in Alabama though that aren't very far: Montgomery Motorsports Park and Alabama International Raceway (Steele).
    Don't forget that Cecil County Dragway is in Maryland, I-40 is in Tennessee, and Rockingham (The Rock) is in North Carolina. All are within decent range.

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    Commerce and Reynolds..
    Correct, 6's won't be enough for the fast guys, but you can always find someone to run and beat at any track.

Most grudge racing is 1/8th mile, as the top end speeds are too much for 1/4. A lot of these guys are running 7's and 8's in the 1/4, which requires a lot more safety gear. Most of the guys running are on 28x10.5, or 275 DRs.

I suggest that you go to a few local events and check the scene, and see where you can get action. The local 1/8 tracks are where most of the action is, and most of the wagers are at those. This is where you can run to the small 1/8 track and negotiate for races.

There are 3 major grudge races in GA during the year.
    Duck holds 1 in late Feb at SGMP, and another in Sept 28-30 again at SGMP. More at : http://www.duckxxx.com/
    Mark Samples holds one at Silver Dollar in July (it just happened).
    Additionally, Monty Mikho holds one at Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, Maryland, August 31 - September 2nd, 2012. Payout is Rules: http://cecilcountydragway.com/pdfs/2...arshootout.pdf

These are major events with major prize money. All of the biggest grudge cars are there, and the best racing in the country happens at them.

A sample of the type of cars there:

Certified Gearhead

There are (3) 1/4 mile tracks in GA: Atlanta Dragway (Commerce), South GA Motorsports Park (SGMP in Adel), and Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds.
    There are a couple of 1/4 mile track in Alabama though that aren't very far: Montgomery Motorsports Park and Alabama International Raceway (Steele).
    Don't forget that Cecil County Dragway is in Maryland, I-40 is in Tennessee, and Rockingham (The Rock) is in North Carolina. All are within decent range.

Correct, 6's won't be enough for the fast guys, but you can always find someone to run and beat at any track.

Most grudge racing is 1/8th mile, as the top end speeds are too much for 1/4. A lot of these guys are running 7's and 8's in the 1/4, which requires a lot more safety gear. Most of the guys running are on 28x10.5, or 275 DRs.

I suggest that you go to a few local events and check the scene, and see where you can get action. The local 1/8 tracks are where most of the action is, and most of the wagers are at those. This is where you can run to the small 1/8 track and negotiate for races.

There are 3 major grudge races in GA during the year.
    Duck holds 1 in late Feb at SGMP, and another in Sept 28-30 again at SGMP. More at : http://www.duckxxx.com/
    Mark Samples holds one at Silver Dollar in July (it just happened).
    Additionally, Monty Mikho holds one at Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, Maryland, August 31 - September 2nd, 2012. Payout is Rules: http://cecilcountydragway.com/pdfs/2...arshootout.pdf

These are major events with major prize money. All of the biggest grudge cars are there, and the best racing in the country happens at them.

A sample of the type of cars there:

Great info guys. I been to paradise once with my hatch before it crashed. The owners had asked me to come back there to race with them but never made it. I'll check it out first since it the closest to me

Yea I drive a Neon! justnprsh07's Avatar

I personally enjoy the 1/8th... It's not as hard on the car and I have one 5min from my house, and like stated before if u can't run the 1/8th u can't run the 1/4th. Down here in phenix city there is nothing but grudge racers. We got anything from 10.5 radial cars running high 4s, scooters that run 7s, diesel trucks in 6s, bikes in 3s, and even quite a few promods on the reg. Its only $5 to get in, race all night and if u want to take your minivan down the track while drinking a beer everyone will Cheer u on. Street scene really suck down here "horribly"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast