Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats MATT...05dc5

Southern Speed

sweet, whats it make on pump if you dont mind sharing?
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

300whp...is that on the k20 that these RSX's came with or is it a swapped motor? I don't know too much about hondas, it just seems like a lot to make on a n/a 4 cylinder. Or maybe this is really common with K20's I have no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    300whp...is that on the k20 that these RSX's came with or is it a swapped motor? I don't know too much about hondas, it just seems like a lot to make on a n/a 4 cylinder. Or maybe this is really common with K20's I have no idea?
    This is not the thread for these questions......

Southern Speed

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    Its k24 bottom end, he has a build thread in the all motor section

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post
    This is not the thread for these questions......
    And why isnt it. Someone made a thread saying he made over 300whp....that kind of leaves it wide open for any kind of questions.
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR View Post
    Its k24 bottom end, he has a build thread in the all motor section

And why isnt it. Someone made a thread saying he made over 300whp....that kind of leaves it wide open for any kind of questions.
    Not really, he has no idea about these engines. He needs to read about these engines and swaps before asking very basic questions. But let me shut up, this isn't my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post
    Not really, he has no idea about these engines. He needs to read about these engines and swaps before asking very basic questions. But let me shut up, this isn't my thread.
    1990 Mustang Coupe...turbo lq4 through the glide

KiLLa K

ive always wanted to compare the 2 dynos with my setup also.. never had the chance... very interested in seeing results for dyno pulls on mainstreams dyno... i would be happy to send some funds to james to pay for a few pulls ))

If it wasn't for my work schedule I would have already had a comparison of all three dynos on the same day. My guess is that it will go something like this in terms of power Mainstream>Balanced>Midnight but I expect all to be relatively close.
    Twisted Loop Racing

SOUTHERN SPEED

So this is a stock k20 ? wow Im selling ym h shit

I honestly have no idea on the dynos besides that there real close. I felt really good about whatn i made on stretches wuth the heat and i just dont beleive i would have made anymore that day any were else . It would be nice to do a comparison . I would say a closer to stock car would be better to compare with . Just less varaibles and stuff to go worng. Leaving my intake off takes away 14 hp with a stock car you wouldnbt have these problems.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

Huh? Stock K20?

Regardless you should go K
    Twisted Loop Racing

SOUTHERN SPEED

It was a joke from the post above lol.

Last edited by Jdm94Coupe; 10-13-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 05dc5s View Post
    If it wasn't for my work schedule I would have already had a comparison of all three dynos on the same day. My guess is that it will go something like this in terms of power Balanced>Midnight>Mainstreambut I expect all to be relatively close.
    Fixed
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

Gregg you just had to say it LOL. well maybe there will be a proper test done soon. But until then I'll believe that mainstream reads higher than balanced, which reads similar to midnight.

Here is my car at mainstream (red) and balanced (blue). Definitely the same tune because the curves are identical. The car had different tires on it at balanced, so I acknowledge that as a variable... but 8whp is a lot and I've never heard of a car making +/- 8 whp from a change in tire

Here are the run conditions, 3% more humidity and 2 degrees hotter at balanced. overall that is not very different.

Please don't say that mainstream reads lower unless you have some evidence to back it up. If these results were within 3 or 4whp. I would say the dynos produce similar numbers. but the 5lb difference in torque all across the board is an indicator that the numbers are skewed. Plus... a stock K20 with cams doesn't usually make 165wtq on a dynojet. period.

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

aw snap!!!! Magic dyno for the win!!

Stretch and James, donate the dyno for a stock car to make 3 passes!!

We know Mainstream reads higher than Balance, so lets see how Midnight compares to Mainstream!!!

Moseley make a Thread!! Post your comparison in the thread, But make title about the dyno's, and who's dyno reads the highest!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    Moseley make a Thread!! Post your comparison in the thread, But make title about the dyno's, and who's dyno reads the highest!!
    Yes moseley, make a DETAILED dyno comparison thread. And don't u dare leVel anything out. Anything! Including temps change between gwinnett and Dallas. And yes it has been plenty of times it was a 10 degree difference between gwinnett and Dallas. Btw Dallas is almost always colder with less humidity than gwinnett giving mainstream the "appearance" of reading higher than balance. Now midnight and mainstream will be the best comparison as they are on the same general area temps wise vs balance. Remember our $20 bet moseley that mainstream DOES NOT read the highest out of the three. Balanced has produced some high numbers in the past, so we will see
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

Stretch and James, donate the dyno for a stock car to make 3 passes!!

We know Mainstream reads higher than Balance, so lets see how Midnight compares to Mainstream!!!
    I'd rather use a car that makes power between 200-300, FWD so the drum is spinning in the same direction as most of us are concerned about. the dynos might read differently on a RWD 150whp car compared to a FWD 200+ whp car

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley View Post
    I'd rather use a car that makes power between 200-300, FWD so the drum is spinning in the same direction as most of us are concerned about. the dynos might read differently on a RWD 150whp car compared to a FWD 200+ whp car
    Makes sense... Go to Balance, then Midnight, then Mainstream!! Use your car N/A.....

I can't base any facts, but it seem'ed at the time I helped you at midnight that the dyno wasn't giving you anything.. Meaning Midnight is not gonna be the one to give up 5-10hp over the next..

Dyno day, yes it was hot!! But we all seen a loss that day, as much as 10hp...

Who know, someone step up and run the three dyno's in one day...

what the fuck is the big deal. 300whp all motor K THESE DAYS is not a feat of amazing engineering.

I guess if you wanna dyno somewhere else and try to make sure you get the same or higher, you should eyeball the density altitude: current and projected.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    what the fuck is the big deal. 300whp all motor K THESE DAYS is not a feat of amazing engineering.

I guess if you wanna dyno somewhere else and try to make sure you get the same or higher, you should eyeball the density altitude: current and projected.
    It's not that big of a deal. Not too dissimilar from a drag prepped turbo B series running high nines. Not really spectacular on a large scale but uncommon in Ga.

Free time will determine how soon I'll be able to test the car on other dynos. At this point I am happy with the car where it is sans a few small tweaks. In the mean time as often as I can drive it.
    Twisted Loop Racing

well im not down talking the setup. I think its awesome that you guys are doing that around here. I'm just stating my opinion for the fact of all these people bitching and moaning about dyno numbers and this dyno vs. that dyno. I plan to never touch a dyno again with my car unless there's a huge swing in compression but i have enough data to not have too.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance

Pretty cool man.

SOUTHERN SPEED

well im not down talking the setup. I think its awesome that you guys are doing that around here. I'm just stating my opinion for the fact of all these people bitching and moaning about dyno numbers and this dyno vs. that dyno. I plan to never touch a dyno again with my car unless there's a huge swing in compression but i have enough data to not have too.
    Yea i think he miss understood what you meant which was easy to do the way you worded it . The bitching about the dyno really has nothing to do with his car but the statement that mainstream has a magical dyno . Personally i could care less what a car makes on the dyno i can show you a 251hp graph on top of a 252hp graph with one making 20 more hp over the power band top number means nothing . On the other hand i would like to see this done just to see were everybody stands. The truth is if mainstreams doen read higher and it is proven they will increase there business by 20 percent because all these guys want that dyno number lmao.

Well I can agree that it's not like I am anywhere near the first to be doing anything like this and that it's not incredulous to make 300 out of an N/A K.

At this point while I plan to enjoy the car I still believe there are things for us to learn on this car so it will make more trips to the dyno. I can imagine in your case you have taken it to the dyno so many times that you have little need to do that anymore. I would imagine that a majority of your tuning would be done at the strip?

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    Yea i think he miss understood what you meant which was easy to do the way you worded it . The bitching about the dyno really has nothing to do with his car but the statement that mainstream has a magical dyno . Personally i could care less what a car makes on the dyno i can show you a 251hp graph on top of a 252hp graph with one making 20 more hp over the power band top number means nothing . On the other hand i would like to see this done just to see were everybody stands. The truth is if mainstreams doen read higher and it is proven they will increase there business by 20 percent because all these guys want that dyno number lmao.
    Perhaps I interpreted what he said wrong but idk.

As far as the differences in the dynos goes I would speculate that they all are going to be fairly close but in the order I previously stated. Depending on scheduling it's possible Twisted Loop Racing will make this test happen at some point but I don't think its too high on the priority list. Peak numbers are not the main purpose of a dyno session. They are the sprinkles at best. Like you're saying two cars can have similar numbers but one can have a much better curve. A good tq curve and peak numbers aren't everything though. As many of us know there is quite a lot more to making a car go quickly down the strip or around a track
    Twisted Loop Racing

Umm, you read to much on honda tech..

We are in GA, yes GA.. same state which has a bunch of slow HONDA's, yes includes you!!

No one here is pushing the limits, again includes you... Again I speak of Honda's...

300 cracks two records in GA, and we all know it made more!!

What is the highest WHP here? Hell what is the best ET or MPH in 1/4 by any HONDA here in GA...

Folks need to step up, again includes you and any other Boosted Honda!!

Set a standard to be followed!!

Any jo-blow can build a boosted motor, step to the N/A factory and see how it's sopose to be done!!

i dont read to much honda-tech, i know the guys that build these engines elsewhere.

and this state is severely lacking in quality built race cars in our genre, and this is surprising being where we are. Don't wanna hear about economy because its been this way for a while.

i dont read to much honda-tech, i know the guys that build these engines elsewhere.

and this state is severely lacking in quality built race cars in our genre, and this is surprising being where we are. Don't wanna hear about economy because its been this way for a while.
    You're right, been that way for years.. Be nice for someone to step up next year, hell even threw the next couple of events... Guess we'll see

Don like 2 prof reed

Keep in mind there was some $xxx bets over a number that was achieved, just on a different dyno.
    ---

I thought it was kinda known that balanced has the best airflow around
    Alpha-N /// Youtube - NASA - PCA - BMW CCA - Chin

in my experience

Mainstream> Balanced as far as numbers go. There was 1 INSTANCE where Balanced SUPPOSEDLY dynoed higher and that was when i did my first header test. my buddies c5 EG hatch supposedly made 191 at their dyno on a Friday night, and made 178 the next day at mainstream. I saw the 178, i NEVER SAW the 191 so he may have just said that or been making it up.

But any other time, Balanced has been a much harder dyno to make big numbers on. We used to get a ton of business from people just looking for 3 dyno pulls on our dyno because everyone knew that Mainstream usually displayed more.

I also believe mainstreams front roller which is the newer of the 2 reads significantly higher than the old setup. Ive never seen a STOCK B18C5 make 200whp nor a bolt on k20 make 240whp. But then again i have seen the Mainstream new dyno make normal numbers as well. so its anyones guess at this point.

spoolins run 9s, im sorry bobby in his class hes in the top % in the country. There are very few people running street shells in the 9s. Chip is running mid 11s NA and has been doing so for 5-6 years. I think youll find that wins almost any event in the country outside of southern cali or SOME up north races.

I dont buy this notion that GA is inept when it comes to the racing scene
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

man went 9.95 once in AL.. Never did he back that time up, he's got a 10sec car.. and looking at the trap speed that car dont make 800hp..lol.. and they win cause no one shows up!!
    GA. is weak, and far behind any national avg when it comes to classes and track times..

im saying people need to step up!! yes that includes me, no excuses, just come run some times that "wow" people..

man went 9.95 once in AL.. Never did he back that time up, he's got a 10sec car.. and looking at the trap speed that car dont make 800hp..lol..
    Sorry youre just dead wrong bobby and i mean that with all respect. I cant speak for matt at EVERY event, but i do not think hes EVER run at full boost. He usually was around the 600-700whp range when he ran even though he had more on tap. Simply because he doesnt need it. FYI theres been TONS of guys running 800-1000whp that ran 9s or low 10s in the past and no one ever complained about them.....

Matt has a legit 9 second car. Hes done it.

I find the irony in your statements hilarious. So lets get this straight. A guy actually runs a 9 and you say because he didnt back it up, its a 10 second car. But your entire camp is allowed to claim numbers you guys have never even made because you "think" you can.

I guess that just shows the hypocrisy in the different groups around here.

and they win cause no one shows up!!
    Same can be said for the event you won with a 12.9. YOu only won because no one else showed up. But, a win is a win regardless. But i disagree about that. Ive seen matt win events with other cars there that could have won. Winning is winning.

GA. is weak, and far behind any national avg when it comes to classes and track times..
    Again you are wrong IMO

Import Showdown Winners
    Sept 11 OKC
    Winner - John Tran - Raytown, MO - 95 Civic Hatch - 10.797 @ 153.88 mph

Aug 11 Ohio
    Winner – Paul Armstrong – Logan, OH – 93’ Civic – 9.949 @ 150.18 mph

March 11 LA
    Winner - Max Ramos - San Antonio, TX - Honda Civic - 9.660 @ 157.14 mph

Oct 11 Kansas City
    Winner – Max Payne – Golden, CO – Honda Civic – 9.898 @ 122.18 mph

FEB 11 Gainesville FL
    Winner - Cesar Olin - Jacksonville, FL - Honda Civic - 9.751 @ 149.68 mph

Tempe 11
    Aaron Teague from Tempe, AZ takes the win running 9.904 @ 149.13mph

Oregon May 11
    W: Reid Lunde, Kennewick, WA (’96 Civic) .433, 10.150, 159.71.
    Stovers right there with all those people, and faster than some of them as well. and hes done it at some of the worst tracks around. Any track west or Arkansas or up north is prepped 100000 times better than here. He also hasnt won EVERY event. Theres been more than a few cars that have posted faster times than him and consistently won events, but hes RIGHT there.

YOure right NA wise, because its just not big down here. Most of the NA winners in the other parts of the country are 11.0-11.5 . I dont think that means the NA people here suck, it just means its not popular here. Just like Turbo cars in cali arent that popular.

im saying people need to step up!! yes that includes me, no excuses, just come run some times that "wow" people..
    9 second streetable civic is pretty wow to me even though ive seen it before. I dont think matt has anything to prove to anyone. I mean him, josh green and that Jody guy all ran 10s in their street cars. Thats pretty impressive.

I dont think GA is way behind anyone. I think we peaked really early, and now its just dieing off.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

any big time racer has to back a time, its the rules of racing.. house of hook is the best track to see what his car could do..

any 10sec turbo car is moving and i give props.. but my point was i dont think he makes what he claims, mph just dont add up.. that car is much faster im sure, and maybe your right.. he may not care to change his style of driving or tuning, who knows.. ive watched videos and seen it, but even on the 9.95 it was breaking up..

again, im looking for folks to push the their personal best, not just settle for a win..

I've seen his car personally make 800+
    I've seen his car personally make 700+

MATT has no reason to lie. He's the complete opposite of us, he doesn't need to shit talk LOL. I also know he decided years ago to learn his car on the much lower HP settings then going full tilt. Its hard keeping a 9 second car together when you have no sponsors.

I think you're mistaken, backing up a pass is for records not personal bests
    -www.usedbarcode.net

His MPH is fine, there's guys running much faster with slower trap speeds and vice versa
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Dont mean to come off as a dick bobby but since you can tell hp by trap speeds how much hp do i have i trap 126 mph in a 4k+ lb car lol...give the man credit he ran a 9 sec pass, there are not many other cars in the area that can do that

Quote Originally Posted by boosted347 View Post
    ..how much hp do i have i trap 126 mph in a 4k+ lb car lol...
    100 more hp than a vette that traps 126 of course!

1civic - how many times did you run that 12.9? If you only did it once, then I guess that you are saying that you have a 13 sec car, not a 12 sec car. That is - if what you stated above is correct.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley View Post
    100 more hp than a vette that traps 126 of course!
    So how much hp does the vette have

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast