Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling it quits... Damn a fwd!!!!!

Yea I drive a Neon! justnprsh07's Avatar

Default Calling it quits... Damn a fwd!!!!!

Just what the title sais... Im done with hondas and will have tones of things up forsale soon. Finnally got car shifting right and broke oil pump into 3 pieces and spun #2 rod before i could catch it. This was my fourth motor, im only 22 with a wife 2kids that dont work and my own house and cars. This isnt a daddy and mommy funded car like some other ppl on here and im simply sick of dumping money into it. 30k in a honda that only sees the tra,k very few times a year isnt for me. Car was just way too much, i admit that it got way out of hand and was never intended to go this far. im giving ppl i know first chance at anything they may need so lmk if any of u need anything. Ill be posting fs threads here in the next day or two. I close this car with my pb of 6.51 @111 1/8th and many fun kill stories of v8guys with big heads and biker boys that never would have dreamed of a honda pulling on them so hard.

Special thanks to jimmy at jjspec if it werent for him my car would have never made it this far. Super nice guy and great shop!!

Any one need anything and want to grab it before i post it up 7065877278... I know one of these allmotor boys want h22a sleeved, 99mm k24 crank, aluminum k20 rods, and 90mm 13.5:1 custom wisecos assembled by kaizenspeed????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time to come to the dark side.... RWD

Sucks that you had all of these issues. Anything fast is bound to have issues though. Take a day or two to make certain that you really want to get rid of it. Don't do anything rash - that will just cost you more money.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

I want something diff... I cant be as fast as i want to be with a fwd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Privateer Racing!!

This sport ain't for the weak and weary.

What are your goals, and what do you have to work with?

Desired ET?
    Budget for engine/trans?
    Budget for entire build?
    Timeframe allowed for building it (when does it need to be on the road)?

lite body with a 2jz and auto trans.

Privateer Racing!!

I feel a supra sales pitch coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post

Desired ET?
    Budget for engine/trans?
    Budget for entire build?

Stay Humble

Like he said. fast things are bound to break. its just how it is. Ive had these things happen and set me back but once i cool off i realize i def dont want out of the game...think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    I feel a supra sales pitch coming.
    Didn't even think about it actually. That car has been sitting in my driveway so long, I don't even notice it.

Since you reminded me.... HEY OP! Come buy a Supra!!!!

Kabul, Afghanistan.. Xrated O.G.'s Avatar

Thread hijack - Whats this Supra you two speak of?
    The XUV !!!

One that needs a home with someone who cares about it. I've listed it here before, but no one has any money, so it sits.

Kabul, Afghanistan.. Xrated O.G.'s Avatar

PM Sent....
    The XUV !!!

Desired ET?
    Budget for engine/trans?
    Budget for entire build?
    well no time frame and ill have about 25k to get going. Ill never be out of the game and ive broke more shit and replaced more parts on my car than 98% of any honda owner on here... Only way u could anymore serious with a honda is to go rwd... Southeast is no place for a $30k plus hatch when there is only a handful of event and only a handful of ppl to compete with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 91s13 View Post
    lite body with a 2jz and auto trans.
    I got a pos that will run high 9s or low 10s... I want something nice that I can drive to the track with ac run 10s and drive home
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Certified Gearhead

i hate to see another race guy quit... if it is the family ( wife and kids ) why ur quitting then i totally understand. if its because u blew up then i think u need to get an oil pump and a crank and get to work... this is racing and things are gonna break
    Prime example, on sunday i dyno my car to set up my boost controller. after i made the power i wanted, i was getting ready to put the car on the trailor when i asked morris to double check my 2 step to see how much boost im building on the launch control. when he got in and started the car, the intake cam gear slipped and went back all the way, bending a few valves. wat did i do. i laughed and said ill just lift the head on monday and see the damage.
    bottom line is dont qi=uit doing wat u love unless u absolutely have to. hit me up if anything
    NYC 2 ATL SPEED CO.
    "STRETCH BUILT"
    Morris tuned

Quote Originally Posted by justnprsh07 View Post
    well no time frame and ill have about 25k to get going. Ill never be out of the game and ive broke more shit and replaced more parts on my car than 98% of any honda owner on here... Only way u could anymore serious with a honda is to go rwd... Southeast is no place for a $30k plus hatch when there is only a handful of event and only a handful of ppl to compete with.
    I got a pos that will run high 9s or low 10s... I want something nice that I can drive to the track with ac run 10s and drive home
    For $25k, you can easily buy a car with your requirements already done.
    I would suggest that you aim for an older muscle car though, just because over time it can gain value, rather than losing value.

If you just want fast, look for an x275 car (probably will be a Mustang), and you can get a car that runs low 5's in the 1/8.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    i hate to see another race guy quit... if it is the family ( wife and kids ) why ur quitting then i totally understand. if its because u blew up then i think u need to get an oil pump and a crank and get to work... this is racing and things are gonna break
    Prime example, on sunday i dyno my car to set up my boost controller. after i made the power i wanted, i was getting ready to put the car on the trailor when i asked morris to double check my 2 step to see how much boost im building on the launch control. when he got in and started the car, the intake cam gear slipped and went back all the way, bending a few valves. wat did i do. i laughed and said ill just lift the head on monday and see the damage.
    bottom line is dont qi=uit doing wat u love unless u absolutely have to. hit me up if anything
    im exploring all my options but need pistons rings crank atleast two rods saenz dog box input shaft to get it back goinh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Certified Gearhead

im exploring all my options but need pistons rings crank atleast two rods saenz dog box input shaft to get it back goinh
    i thoiught u posted on honda tech that the input shaft wasnt the p[roblem........hey man, i know its stressful at times with thi scar shit so ii see where ur coming from, but u ame a long way with ur car just to quit when u almost got to where u should be... just my .02 cents buddy...lol
    NYC 2 ATL SPEED CO.
    "STRETCH BUILT"
    Morris tuned

SOUTHERN SPEED

I probably got everything you need justin and ill make you a deal if you want sell your car ill give it to you doesnt get any better then that . Why? Because can thats why lol. text me sorry i forgot to hit you up the other day or just bring me your block ill hook you up. I have a extra sleeved block if it messed yours up . Hell i still have your old one sitting in perfect shape with the balance shaft delets installed. I was going to run it but i can run the dry sleeves if you need it. It will hold alot more boost then the dry sleeves . I also ended up with a k swap and k pro if you want to go that route we can work something out there to lol. dont ask man i dont know why i have so much shit it just piles up evey were. I also got some were making ym rods now good up to 800hp and there really nice . Might give me a set just to sponsor a little bit . 478-808-9122

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    i thoiught u posted on honda tech that the input shaft wasnt the p[roblem........hey man, i know its stressful at times with thi scar shit so ii see where ur coming from, but u ame a long way with ur car just to quit when u almost got to where u should be... just my .02 cents buddy...lol
    deff thought it was but after adjusting staic pressure on the clutch it shifted so much better... not perfect but turned a 6.5 @ 111 in the 1/8th which is awesome for me so it sould deff be some of the prob but the guy that had it before me had know probs and i know bc i rode and drove before i bought it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    I probably got everything you need justin and ill make you a deal if you want sell your car ill give it to you doesnt get any better then that . Why? Because can thats why lol. text me sorry i forgot to hit you up the other day or just bring me your block ill hook you up. I have a extra sleeved block if it messed yours up . Hell i still have your old one sitting in perfect shape with the balance shaft delets installed. I was going to run it but i can run the dry sleeves if you need it. It will hold alot more boost then the dry sleeves . I also ended up with a k swap and k pro if you want to go that route we can work something out there to lol. dont ask man i dont know why i have so much shit it just piles up evey were. I also got some were making ym rods now good up to 800hp and there really nice . Might give me a set just to sponsor a little bit . 478-808-9122
    mike that would be amazing and i would deff keep the car. i could deff even see a big southern speed sticker on the side lol jimmy said he would see what he had also. maybe we can come up with something...i got some money but dont have thousands to fix it all in one mounth if i buy everything new.. you already rescued me once and the block you put together for me this past time deff lasted the longest and half to throw out there that it was not your fault that it spun bearings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hmmm still waiting ......... on that 9-10 sec car... i call bs!!!!!!!! what ya say this weekend in kennsaw?

For $25k, you can easily buy a car with your requirements already done.
    I would suggest that you aim for an older muscle car though, just because over time it can gain value, rather than losing value.

If you just want fast, look for an VETTE car (probably will be a Mustang), and you can get a car that runs low 5's in the 1/8.
    FIXED IT

Time to come to the dark side.... RWD

Sucks that you had all of these issues. Anything fast is bound to have issues though. Take a day or two to make certain that you really want to get rid of it. Don't do anything rash - that will just cost you more money.
    SELL SELL SELL
    C6 Z51 FORGED & STROKED BUILT BY LWA OUT DOIN WORK

Southern Speed

ummm your calling him out for this weekend....you must have not read his OP at all....
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

Quote Originally Posted by ZOSICK View Post
    FIXED IT
    SELL SELL SELL
    I don't see many competitve Vette's in the $25K range.

hmmm still waiting ......... on that 9-10 sec car... i call bs!!!!!!!! what ya say this weekend in kennsaw?
    u really are an idiot arent u.... I may put it back together just to shut u up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh yeah Z0SICK doesn't do the dragstrip so he doesn't realize what 6.5 @ 111 means...

111mph = 162 ft/sec

if you just stopped flooring it at the 1/8th mile marker, and maintained 111mph...

you'd cover the remaining 660ft in 4.05 seconds. which would end up as a 10.50 with only running the 1st half of the track

I bet that run would be about a 10.0 or 10.1 in the 1/4, a little over 140mph. easily into the 9s with more track time.

so... nice time dude and don't give up if you love building or driving the car. If you sell it all you'll lose all the time you've spent on it, which is probably more valuable than the cost of the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by k20 jones View Post
    :boobies:

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley View Post
    oh yeah Z0SICK doesn't do the dragstrip so he doesn't realize what 6.5 @ 111 means...

111mph = 162 ft/sec

if you just stopped flooring it at the 1/8th mile marker, and maintained 111mph...

you'd cover the remaining 660ft in 4.05 seconds. which would end up as a 10.50 with only running the 1st half of the track

I bet that run would be about a 10.0 or 10.1 in the 1/4, a little over 140mph. easily into the 9s with more track time.

so... nice time dude and don't give up if you love building or driving the car. If you sell it all you'll lose all the time you've spent on it, which is probably more valuable than the cost of the parts.
    thanks and yea I was pretty speachless when I got the slip... Had to double check to make sure it was me lol especially with a 1.6 60ft. Felt great and it would be nive to be able to fix it and make it to showdown... Hell my wife even basically cried when I told her I was parting it out. I just have so much time and money invested in it Unlike zosick this car is built by me not bought with some boltons. Yea its a vette and its nicer than my car but yea...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

:boobies:
    Still needs rebuilt, cams, mounts, etc... Cheaper to fix his shit!!

Whaa???^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whaa???^^^
    Jones said he has a K swap... He offered it to you, I was just saying it's cheaper for you to fix your block and keep the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    Jones said he has a K swap... He offered it to you, I was just saying it's cheaper for you to fix your block and keep the setup.
    Haha you missed the point of my post...

Quote Originally Posted by k20 jones View Post

ya....ya... Just know a B series is gonna bust some K series ass!! My shit don't sling rods!! :P

I see lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Southern Speed

I see what you did there

ya....ya... Just know a B series is gonna bust some K series ass!! My shit don't sling rods!! :P
    I guess im on the safe side then since you didnt mention H series

I guess i better not count my eggs before they hatch since im still waiting on mike to put my cams in, lets hope i make import showdown lol. I gotta give mike a hard time hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR View Post
    I see what you did there

I guess im on the safe side then since you didnt mention H series

I guess i better not count my eggs before they hatch since im still waiting on mike to put my cams in, lets hope i make import showdown lol. I gotta give mike a hard time hahaha
    Tell that homo to get busy, only about 5wks left...LOL

Southern Speed

lol you aint telling me something i dont know. He was supposed to do it 2 weeks ago

He's been busy with his new job, so i gotta cut him some slack. But now its coming down to the wire O_O

Don't give up man. We have all been there.

I don't see many competitve Vette's in the $25K range.
    The z0sick was for sale for 25K but traded for a stock c6 z51

u really are an idiot arent u.... I may put it back together just to shut u up...
    please do please do, ill show you how much of a idiot i am.. i race my car not my fingers on the net .. proven!!!!!!

. I just have so much time and money invested in it Unlike zosick this car is built by me not bought with some boltons. Yea its a vette and its nicer than my car but yea...
    You better ask around i build my own shit and do all work but intertnal... also both my cars were bone stock when i BOUGHT them!!

lol
    C6 Z51 FORGED & STROKED BUILT BY LWA OUT DOIN WORK

The z0sick was for sale for 25K but traded for a stock c6 z51
    Your Vette didn't run 8 sec passes in the 1/4. You cannot build a Vette that can run competively in ODR for $25k.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast