Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: K series guys ( well mainly gregg lol)

SOUTHERN SPEED

Default K series guys ( well mainly gregg lol)

I keep hearing all this k series talk and then i got to thinking . Has a k series won first in any event at import show down? Not just all motor . Im talking about any class?

Boy sure makes me want to go out and spend three times as much as you should on a swap lmfao.

I dont want to hear about who in california is doing what . I want somebody to take there shit to the track around here and win then talk shit or go hide in the bushes (if there is enough room in there with gregg's big ass) lmao.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

hahahahah damn lol

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Yeah Bitches!!!

B SERIES FTW!!!

LOL.............

lol all about the h

No "H" in atlanta taking me down!! "I'm Rick James Bitch"!!!

No "b" in atlanta is taking me down
    1990 Mustang Coupe...turbo lq4 through the glide

Quote Originally Posted by boosted347 View Post
    No "b" in atlanta is taking me down
    Guess you should come to Atlanta with a little money then...:boobies:

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    Guess you should come to Atlanta with a little money then...:boobies:
    Well damn money is something I dont have but you would need slicks and koolaid to hang....maybe
    But jones' thread does have a very valid point, and im not a honda guy at all so im not bias at all

yes there has been a few K Series that won the all motor street and pro classes in the southeast.

No turbo Ks that i know of have won anything.

There was a few CRX K Swaps running mid 12s 4-5 years ago that won a few events i entered. one guy was from down south, forgot his name may hve been tony? had a white 88HF with the hood cut and a k20a2 that ran mid to low 12s

but mainly its B Series or H Series for a reason, COST. It costs TOO MUCH to be competitive without sponsors with the K Series. B/H is just that much cheaper..........for now
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

K20FTW!

Road to All Motor10s *EFilliated*'s Avatar

Read my title. Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by boostedem1 View Post
    K20FTW!
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

Quote Originally Posted by *EFilliated* View Post
    Lol I would do an h or b swap but I enjoy my ac, cc, ps, abs, etc. so I will just stick to my slow factory equipped k series car.

I guess driving 150 miles to the track, bolting some slicks on a stock 2.0L w/ cams, and finishing runner up isn't good enough...

and I'm not so sure about california but up in the NE if you showed up to an event like import showdown with an 11.5 second car you'd be the caboose on the back of the K train.

Quote Originally Posted by *EFilliated* View Post
    yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    but mainly its B Series or H Series for a reason, COST. It costs TOO MUCH to be competitive without sponsors with the K Series. B/H is just that much cheaper..........for now
    I see all you Honda guys post about cost all the time. I am completely ignorant on these swaps, but I have a question about them.

How much are you talking about, when you build an all motor B that runs 12's? What do you basically have to do to get it there?

How much are you talking about, when you build an all motor H that runs 12's? What do you basically have to do to get it there?

How much are you talking about, when you build an all motor K that runs 12's? What do you basically have to do to get it there?
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    I keep hearing all this k series talk and then i got to thinking . Has a k series won first in any event at import show down? Not just all motor . Im talking about any class?

Boy sure makes me want to go out and spend three times as much as you should on a swap lmfao.

I dont want to hear about who in california is doing what . I want somebody to take there shit to the track around here and win then talk shit or go hide in the bushes (if there is enough room in there with gregg's big ass) lmao.
    LOL! You know jones, my hands were on fire when i read this, BUT im gonna try to be calm as possible with this(shit talking wise). Mainly because i dont think i'll will be able to make showdown this year. just got to much going on with setting up down here(life, outside of cars) but hey at least i'll be able to make it next year in May and who knows, maybe i can make it this year so we'll have to see, but i SERIOUSLY doubt you will need me there to have fun. u have the other FASTER k series guys too compete/worry about

I mean what stock car can drive 150+miles to an event, slap some slicks on and run low 12's ALL DAY and slap the street tires back on and drive 150+ miles back home WITH NO ISSUES!!!????????........................ In case i lost you there, its called A K SERIES!!!!!

And why do you want to start at the bottom? Guys like u and bobby(unlike guys like DARKSTAR and such that HAVE to start at the bottom) should go straight for the top. i.e this thread should have been titled to Moseley, 05DC5s or/and Stretch. Those are the fast K guys(been shown over and over again) you should address

And i hate to bring up other regions but the TRUTH of the matter is that if u built 10 h2b etups all making 300whp, u would get CRUSHED if u took them up north or out west by K's because we down here in the south have always been behind the west and north with the imports. If importshow down went up north or out west, the list of winners would be 95% K series!(in my Obi-Wan voice) search ur feelings jones and know that i speak the truth!........... or u can just pull up youtube and watch for urself. pull up Honda Day 2010 and 2011 and tell me how many k series allmotor wins u counted then tell me how many h2b's u counted and let me know the results

And u know what, really its no excuse for us to be behind. I used to think it was about money(with the k costing more) but thats bullshit! because even down here in Mobile, these dudes have GOOD PAYING jobs and can afford k builds! but like in ATL and other surrounding SOUTHERN states are just too damn stubborn to do so. I mean really! a fucking dude comes up to me and say "damn man, that k series is nice!, how much it set u back? about 10k? haha.....etc etc" then i ask him "hey dumbass, how many times in the past year or two have u rebuilt ur turbo b or h series?" and he says only 2 or 3" i said "ok so how much did that cost u total?" and you know what he said???????????? NOTHING!! yea, he said nothing!, why? because he knows i was about to make him look like an ass.

Then the allmotor B or H guy will say "well i havent rebuilt mine period and its been running perfect for 3-4 years now" then i say" well thats cool man, what kind of cars have you beat on the street/highway and what quater mile times have u ran??" lol the most i hear is anywhere from 14's-low12's and on the highway they may beat a STOCK cobra......from 10 years ago. lol! Does this mean they cant? of course not, but its highly unlikely! How many guys do u think are out there like u jones, here in the south that actually have a fast h swap and have the knowledge that u have to keep that bitch together for years???????????????

The little TDC allmotor h car that runs low 12's that ppl like to brag on, ALWAYS have issues!! I talk to the owner all the time down here and he himself has told me that! lol! Its not we cant do it(people in the south), but ppl are just to stubborn/ignorant down here to do so and when you back them up in a corner with it, the ONLY defense they have is the k series "cost too much" and then when you ask them how much they've paid in the last 1 or 2 years(on their b or h swap), they shut down! I can understand its a matter of preference with some ppl but MOST guys its not!

I see it everyday jones, here and in ATL! Not everyone has ur knowledge on h's, not everyone has bobby experience on B's. You can build those h2b motors for darkstar and those other guys all you want, but the fact of the matter is they ARE NOT you, meaning when the SMALLEST thing is out of place that can turn into something huge, they will not be able to pick up on it in time. No i'm not saying joey doesnt know anything about h's, i'm sure he does, but he's not u. Just like if i were at the track, moseley or chunky could pick up on things faster than me in k-pro becuase they know it more than i do etc etc.

But as far as ur claim to no K series around here doing numbers(besides moseley), shit, there's really not many k series to show, so of course they're not doing anything. Down here in mobile(import wise) having a keries IS a waste of money, becuase i could build a fucking D series and put it into a 88 HF crx and BUST ASS!!!!! yeah, thats what i'm dealing with down here. lol! V8's are gonna be my main/damn near only competition down here once i get a new clutch

But have fun at import showdown if i dont see ya there
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    I see all you Honda guys post about cost all the time. I am completely ignorant on these swaps, but I have a question about them.

How much are you talking about, when you build an all motor B that runs 12's? What do you basically have to do to get it there?

How much are you talking about, when you build an all motor H that runs 12's? What do you basically have to do to get it there?

How much are you talking about, when you build an all motor K that runs 12's? What do you basically have to do to get it there?
    David its simple, b and h's dont cost that much to get in the 12's these days(although its gonna be some money still) and k's can do 12's STOCK ALL DAY LONG!. The truth is to have a 12 sec K car is gonna cost more than a 12 sec b or h setup, BUT!!! here's the thing, with K series prices going DOWN DOWN these days, tis NO LONGER that much more for a STOCK k swap vs a SEMI built b or H setup to run 12's, but the bonus is that the K setup(done right) can run 9's all day long and drive back home whereas a b or h running 9's would have to be trailored and THEY WILL BE FUCKING HIGH STRUNG OUT MOTORS AS WELL!.

Dont let h22jones fool u man, a 300whp h2b would be pushing its limits defiently! i think there's a 350whp H series somewhere in the NORTH but when you find him, ask that guy how long that motor last and how many times he has to rebuild it. thats just one guy by the way and while ur up there, ask the other 20-30 guys who are making 350whp with their K series, how many times they have to rebuild theirs, THEN ask the 380-400whp K series guys(all of these are allmotor numbers by the way) how many times they rebuild theirs.

The whole point is YOU GOT TO PAY TO PLAY! Something i know ur used to hearing. In the honda world, DOWN HERE a lot of guys dont really want to pay to play. Down here the motto seems like its, "try to run the best times for the least money"!! Up north and out west they say the hell with that mentality!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley View Post
    up in the NE if you showed up to an event like import showdown with an 11.5 second car you'd be the caboose on the back of the K train.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

Thanks for wasting my life with those short stories greg lol but they both said the exact same thing
    1. k cost more
    2. A stock k is as fast as a "built" h or b and cost about the same cost
    3. Ks are reliable, but so are h&bs when built by intelligent people
    4. And finally unfortunately this is the south, not out west or up north, so stay behind the h and bs (in competition sense) until the ks start winning all the events
    All in all its up to the owner what they want to do, hell if you wanted to go fast and be reliable shoulda got a v8 by that I mean how many 11 and 10 sec 4 cylinders wander the street all day everyday, how many v8s?

Southern Speed

Gregg, I know alot more than you think I do. I dont express much on here because I like to take in everything I can and learn as much as I can. Take mikes dad for example, I have learned ALOT sitting at the shop listening to him teach me stuff that I had no clue about. Oh and btw who do you think put my bottom end together...
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

Thanks for wasting my life with those short stories greg lol but they both said the exact same thing
    1. k cost more
    2. A stock k is as fast as a "built" h or b and cost about the same cost
    3. Ks are reliable, but so are h&bs when built by intelligent people
    4. And finally unfortunately this is the south, not out west or up north, so stay behind the h and bs (in competition sense) until the ks start winning all the events
    EXACTLY^^^ lol!

All in all its up to the owner what they want to do, hell if you wanted to go fast and be reliable shoulda got a v8 by that I mean how many 11 and 10 sec 4 cylinders wander the street all day everyday, how many v8s?
    lol. thats true, but boosted, know that there are 11/10 sec 4 cylinders are out there!..........lurking(not me btw.lol)
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR View Post
    Gregg, I know alot more than you think I do. I dont express much on here because I like to take in everything I can and learn as much as I can. Take mikes dad for example, I have learned ALOT sitting at the shop listening to him teach me stuff that I had no clue about. Oh and btw who do you think put my bottom end together...
    Oh i know you know a lot. I didnt say you didnt, i specifically said just not as much as mike jones. Example, mike jones can reconized a problem faster than you can at the track or the street concerning h motors and sometimes that makes all the difference in saving a motor. Does this means you dont know anything? OF COURSE NOT. Shit, u didnt run a 11.1@400whp in an integra from being dumb
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

They do sound good, for a Big Block that is.. LOL

http://youtu.be/Jrpp3EZVtlc

Quote Originally Posted by 112480 View Post
    lol. thats true, but boosted, know that there are 11/10 sec 4 cylinders are out there!..........lurking(not me btw.lol)
    o I know there are lol I know a few boosted ones around here...the all motor thing isnt real big in columbus, to be honest I don tg know of a running k swap here...but then again im not real big in the current scene being away at school

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    They do sound good, for a Big Block that is.. LOL

http://youtu.be/Jrpp3EZVtlc
    Not in the honda thing, but whats a motor/trans setup like that cost?

David its simple, b and h's dont cost that much to get in the 12's these days(although its gonna be some money still) and k's can do 12's STOCK ALL DAY LONG!. The truth is to have a 12 sec K car is gonna cost more than a 12 sec b or h setup, BUT!!! here's the thing, with K series prices going DOWN DOWN these days, tis NO LONGER that much more for a STOCK k swap vs a SEMI built b or H setup to run 12's, but the bonus is that the K setup(done right) can run 9's all day long and drive back home whereas a b or h running 9's would have to be trailored and THEY WILL BE FUCKING HIGH STRUNG OUT MOTORS AS WELL!.
    Thanks for NOT answering my question.

I asked the cost. how much is it to buy a K motor, since a stock swap runs 12's (per your comment above)?
    How much to "semi-build" a B or H?

Southern Speed

H's depends on if you buy a long block or know where to source the parts at. Long block is around 900, h2b kit 800(new), trans around 500, and the rest depends on which header,exhaust, etc you use. But just that should crack 12s in a decent weight car and decent driver.

H's depends on if you buy a long block or know where to source the parts at. Long block is around 900, h2b kit 800(new), trans around 500, and the rest depends on which header,exhaust, etc you use. But just that should crack 12s in a decent weight car and decent driver.
    Its a 14 second car with the houston driving mod

Southern Speed

el oh el

So, basically, you spend asbout $2500 on parts, do the swap, cut some weight, and get into the high 12s.

Or you can spend the same money on a TFS top end kit for a foxbody and run high 11's/low 12's.

What was the point of building a 4cyl Honda? Seems expensive to go so slow.

Southern Speed

thats if you have to buy everything, if you already have most parts like trans,exhaust, and can get a better deal on motor and h2b kit(i paid 500 for mine) you wont spend near that. MOST people just go off what they already have instead of selling everything and buying another car they have no clue about and end up spending more money.

David i did answer ur question, j didnt give u exact NUMBERS and mainly becauseit varies. i can sit here all day long and say it cost about $8-10k to drop a k motor in a hatch or integra etc etc, but that was the cost 4 years ago and with ALL brand new BIG name parts. Today man, everyone cost is so different its hard to give u an "average" price on things.

Thats all i was saying.
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

So 5-8is a rough estimate now days there question answered lol

thats if you have to buy everything, if you already have most parts like trans,exhaust, and can get a better deal on motor and h2b kit(i paid 500 for mine) you wont spend near that. MOST people just go off what they already have instead of selling everything and buying another car they have no clue about and end up spending more money.
    ^^exactly^^^^ So u see david its not that simple as saying "it cost $2500 to do this" it really all depends. And like i said before, with some ppl its just a matter of preference. I mean how hard is it to make a foxbody do 11's??? I would imagine, its pretty damn EASY! That shit is no challange! But ahhhhh...... to get a grocery cart do 11's(espeacially allmotor) and still get 30-40MPG and will ALWAYS be the UNDERDOG in pretty much any race(outside of racing other grocery carts) they have, now THATS A DAMN CHALLENGE!!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

So 5-8is a rough estimate now days there question answered lol
    on what setup?
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

A full k swap, if it was 8-10 4 years ago depreciation would put it in this range, thats all new parts minus the engine, not buying used mounts, header, etc...am I close or way off lol
    What david means is that for the money it makes no sense to go that route cause buying used parts you can make more power/go faster by other means...but to me its to each their own its what makes the car scene interesting, of everyone had a mustang or camaro it would be boring lol

Southern Speed

its all about preference, thats why we are all in this sport. What fun would it be if everyone had the same car? I mean dont get me wrong I have much respect for ANYTHING fast even if its a pinto.

its all about preference, thats why we are all in this sport. What fun would it be if everyone had the same car? I mean dont get me wrong I have much respect for ANYTHING fast even if its a pinto.
    I prefer a sbc gremlin lol

^^exactly^^^^ So u see david its not that simple as saying "it cost $2500 to do this" it really all depends. And like i said before, with some ppl its just a matter of preference. I mean how hard is it to make a foxbody do 11's??? I would imagine, its pretty damn EASY! That shit is no challange! But ahhhhh...... to get a grocery cart do 11's(espeacially allmotor) and still get 30-40MPG and will ALWAYS be the UNDERDOG in pretty much any race(outside of racing other grocery carts) they have, now THATS A DAMN CHALLENGE!!
    I can state that $2500 will give a stock foxbody 350rwhp all motor. It is simple.
    Most foxbodys that go that route bolt on an exhaust, some tires, and cheange the rear gear. Most of them run 11's with full weight and interior.
    If you take a foxbody that already has some mods, as in the Honda example above (where you reuse parts that you already have), you are looking at foxbodys that run 10's.
    Now, why would a performance vehicle worry about mileage, unless they are competing in a class that limits the fuel consumption. I don't think that Honda all-motor drag classes have a limit on fuel consumption or mpg.

Oh, I agree with this.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast