Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New GA all motor K series record

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley View Post
    Well even if it only displaces 1.3L per revolution it is also igniting 1.3L, compared to a 1.3L 4 stroke which ignites 650cc per revolution.

So technically a rotary, if compared to a piston engine displacement wise, should be compared to a 2 stroke.

I guess that is what I was getting at...
    But it isn't a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke, so that is comparing apples to oranges. I understand what you are attempting to say, but the fact is that the rotary is just a completely different engine that doesn't fit into the same limitations. It also has it's own set of issues, due to design, that do not plague 4 stroke engines.
    There is no such thing as fuel efficiency when you discuss a rotary. You simply determine if you make enough money to pay for the fuel that it will consume - then you go get a second job.
    Bringing up the rotary was just to make a point in the hp/liter discussion. And that only came up due to 1civic thinking that 100hp/liter was some sort of performance figure. Last I checked, hp/liter does not directly translate into track times, either on the road course or the dragstrip.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

When a rotary can get more than 15mpg holla

<owned an rx8
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Rotary is cool but the problem with them is the fuel efficiency. It's hard to market a 180whp "sports car" that struggles to get 15mpg. Especially when there is far better options :p
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Endyn sucks, never send anything to Larry. He lies and talks more than bobby, which i didnt think was possible

if you want a ported Honda head the best people (IMO) are Brad@RLZ, Portflow is VERY consistent, DonF if you are serious about making power
    Thank you Sir. I am completely foreign to Hondas and appreciate the advice from the OG's. I am dropping a pretty penny within a year so this kind of information is very critical. Goals for me are 280+whp NA for around $9k

Rotary is cool but the problem with them is the fuel efficiency. It's hard to market a 180whp "sports car" that struggles to get 15mpg. Especially when there is far better options :p
    i actually averaged 25 highway keeping off the secondaries
    /sig

Quote Originally Posted by 94_teg_ls View Post
    i actually averaged 25 highway keeping off the secondaries
    Unless you make adjustments for the oil injection, you can cause premature wear to the engine by not taking the rpms high enough. On the older cars, you can shim the mechanical oil injection, on the newer ones, it's easiest to add a little premix to the gas. This is well documented.

You also had very little torque if you kept it below the 3800rpm where the secondary injectors kick in.

PS: The 9k figure is for a stock cr and displacment block. Head work, Jenevy ITBs, Standalone, Hytech header,Hytech cams, no cat, flywheel, clutch, fuel, tuning.

SOUTHERN SPEED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnail View Post
    Thank you Sir. I am completely foreign to Hondas and appreciate the advice from the OG's. I am dropping a pretty penny within a year so this kind of information is very critical. Goals for me are 280+whp NA for around $9k
    Send me 9,000 and i will more then exceed your 280hp lol. Ill seel you my whole set up and build it lol. Ill start over for 9,000 lol. All jokes aside unless you do your home work thats about what you end up spending if its done right . Im sure we dont have 6,000 in the si and with a h2b it would be around 270hp.

Man you got me to thinking i need to figure up my parts lol. I promise you if it equals 9,000 im making a for sale thread before i ever assemble one bolt .

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

SOUTHERN SPEED

I think i have two motors at my shop with pistons in backwards lol. Maybe there is something im missing more hp? lol

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that I have spent more time on the track than you have. And no, I'm not what you would consider a drag racer. It's too slow to beat a lot of cars, but its fast enough to beat any car that you own. It's not that I am fast, its that you are that slow. You're that dick in the parking lot that thinks he can beat the world with his NA 4 cyl ecomony car.

I have put on a few pounds lately, but most people wouldn't think I'm fat. Slow guys want to argue hp per lite - fast guys talk track times. Guess which one you are? I don't have Vic Jrs, blower came with the car when I bought it, my cam is just a little E, no 600 lifts here. It is not unique, but are you trying to say that NA 4cyls are unique? Seems that there are more of them in this thread than foxbodys. My car is not setup for drag - and it can go around RA just fine - and better than you can get your Civic around it. How's your FWD doing for drifting?
    You fail again.

Even if you bought the baddest Mustang on the planet, you could never be as cool as me. You just never will be cool. What a person drives does not determine their "coolness" factor.
    You talk about racing, but YOU have nothing to race. You are always trying to run someone else's car - and that makes you lame and a loser.
    it's not my fault that you chose the wrong platform to spend your money on. You choose a car that is fine if you are going to do class racing, but you don't do that. You talk about running on the streets, where there are no classes - just who's fast, and who isn't. If you have to have someone else run for you because your car isn't fast enough to hang with my mostly stock foxbody, then you just have a stripped down economy car.
    Come find out what my full interior econo-box can do! It Seems you need to study much more than you do, in no way, shape or form will i ever build another mustang, well.... I'd build a coupe with a LSX...LMAO!!

You have yet to tell me what makes you king tut!!

Please explain, your ability to have accomplished everything amazes me!! Bring your POS and hurt my feelings, you do know that win or lose you're the ass, right? My slow ass car makes me happy win or lose so i guess you fail... Run your shit or hush your trap!! I'll be in @ the grand opening, if this mustang is not on jackstands then bring it, i'll pay for dyno time..

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    Come find out what my full interior econo-box can do! It Seems you need to study much more than you do, in no way, shape or form will i ever build another mustang, well.... I'd build a coupe with a LSX...LMAO!!

Please explain, your ability to have accomplished everything amazes me!! Bring your POS and hurt my feelings, you do know that win or lose you're the ass, right? My slow ass car makes me happy win or lose so i guess you fail... Run your shit or hush your trap!! I'll be in @ the grand opening, if this mustang is not on jackstands then bring it, i'll pay for dyno time..
    Wish i could make it cause id love to see my new numbers on your of course
    1990 Mustang Coupe...turbo lq4 through the glide

Quote Originally Posted by boosted347 View Post
    Wish i could make it cause id love to see my new numbers on your of course
    I'm a nobody!! Make what you want, race what you like!!! I give respect to all in person, fuck the internet.. I'm king kong on this bitch!! LOL

But yes, bring your hooptie with some cat liter and a broom...

but teh internet is serious bitness

I'm not telling you to build a Mustang - what you build is your choice. If you were to, I agree that a coupe with an LSX is not bad - cheap way to make good power, lots of options. You also could easily do a 351 in it.

I'm not the king, never claimed to be. You are the one that talks down to others on the site and mention about how fast you are, and ready to race, but then you turn and try to set up races with other people's cars and not run your own. What's up with that? No confidence in your setup?
    If you are happy with your car's performance, then definitely don't change anything. I fully understand that and agree with it. I will not fault you for that, no matter what. I'm serious about that. The only person that has to be happy your car is you, and you are right to disregard anything I say concerning it, if it makes you happy.

I don't know what grand opening you are referring to, but I don't need anyone to pay for dyno time. My car has already been on the dyno, and I have free access to a couple of different dynos anytime that I like already.

Honestly, we could run, but we both know that my POS full-weight, DD would drag your competition engineered, reduced weight, weekend race car.

I'm a nobody!! Make what you want, race what you like!!! I give respect to all in person, fuck the internet.. I'm king kong on this bitch!! LOL

But yes, bring your hooptie with some cat liter and a broom...
    I try to be nicer on the net than in real life - but I make certain to be respectful towards those that are respectful to me also.

Don't you know - Mustang owners keep the cat litter handy at all times - we always have something leaking....

I'm going to have to confiscate that piece of paper. Please hand it over immediately.

SOUTHERN SPEED

I'm going to have to confiscate that piece of paper. Please hand it over immediately.
    I second that motion . All in favor say I.

I'm not telling you to build a Mustang - what you build is your choice. If you were to, I agree that a coupe with an LSX is not bad - cheap way to make good power, lots of options. You also could easily do a 351 in it.

I'm not the king, never claimed to be. You are the one that talks down to others on the site and mention about how fast you are, and ready to race, but then you turn and try to set up races with other people's cars and not run your own. What's up with that? No confidence in your setup?
    If you are happy with your car's performance, then definitely don't change anything. I fully understand that and agree with it. I will not fault you for that, no matter what. I'm serious about that. The only person that has to be happy your car is you, and you are right to disregard anything I say concerning it, if it makes you happy.

I don't know what grand opening you are referring to, but I don't need anyone to pay for dyno time. My car has already been on the dyno, and I have free access to a couple of different dynos anytime that I like already.

Honestly, we could run, but we both know that my POS full-weight, DD would drag your competition engineered, reduced weight, weekend race car.

I did the 440 inch 351, it was fun.. I found no use for the car though, I never drove it and parted everything!! I built enough 2/4 valve cars for the life of me, I will always be impressed by the 4 valve.. But Honda has stuck, it's not about a dyno # to me.. Hell I could careless what it runs in the 1/4.. Enjoying a car is what I care about, Have you ever heard the saying "if the glove fits than wear it" Well the Honda fit's me as a person, and also as a driver.. My knowledge is well beyond just honda's, that is just my choice!!

Now for racing, win or lose i'm the guy to shake your hand!! As for the races, if I can set up something and maybe win a little money than it's game on.. This happens all the time in the street, hell even at the track...LOL

Your welcome to take a stab at the beater, I offered the dyno time so you can't bullshit a stock block, tiny blower setup...lol, I'll only back down if I see more of a setup than you claim.. I know my limits on the streets, I don't see this car rolling on much of the newer setups people are starting to roll out with.. I'll update soon enough so I can still enjoy a kill story!! Until then i'm stuck with the little econo-box as it sits!!

All in fun, and another day passes on the internet!!

Later!

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    I second that motion . All in favor say I.

buwahahahahah!!!!!

The KF peeps need to all get together and sort this shit talking out with some runs...

...and bobby quit posting the pics you took of your jail-bait sister and cousin

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley View Post
    The KF peeps need to all get together and sort this shit talking out with some runs...

...and bobby quit posting the pics you took of your jail-bait sister and cousin
    Why you lookin?? That's how we roll out here in bama baby!!! Get-R-Dun...:boobies:

Why you lookin?? That's how we roll out here in bama baby!!! Get-R-Dun...:boobies:
    Your in bama....

I did the 440 inch 351, it was fun.. I found no use for the car though, I never drove it and parted everything!! I built enough 2/4 valve cars for the life of me, I will always be impressed by the 4 valve.. But Honda has stuck, it's not about a dyno # to me.. Hell I could careless what it runs in the 1/4.. Enjoying a car is what I care about, Have you ever heard the saying "if the glove fits than wear it" Well the Honda fit's me as a person, and also as a driver.. My knowledge is well beyond just honda's, that is just my choice!!

Now for racing, win or lose i'm the guy to shake your hand!! As for the races, if I can set up something and maybe win a little money than it's game on.. This happens all the time in the street, hell even at the track...LOL

Your welcome to take a stab at the beater, I offered the dyno time so you can't bullshit a stock block, tiny blower setup...lol, I'll only back down if I see more of a setup than you claim.. I know my limits on the streets, I don't see this car rolling on much of the newer setups people are starting to roll out with.. I'll update soon enough so I can still enjoy a kill story!! Until then i'm stuck with the little econo-box as it sits!!

All in fun, and another day passes on the internet!!

Later!
    I agree that you should drive what you like. I've always preferred rotarys, but have always had a variety. I personally cannot stand my Honda, but my wife loves Accords. I'd rather drive my Buick - even though it is much slower.
    I know the hustle on the street. Good rule - always keep race to running someone that can drink with later. Never leave angry.
    My car is nothing special - its a low mile car, and still has the original engine. Previous owner bolted on the entry model Vortech. I originally thought that it was an A-trim, because it was very noisy, but later found out from Vortech that it is and SC-trim (they looked it up with the serial number). I just got it back from them from having it rebuilt. Since you have a lot of experience with Mustangs, what do you think I am at power-wise (rwhp and rw-tq)?

what motor? B Series?

wont happen , not for $9000. And it wont be a street car. Theres maybe 10 cars EVER that made that kind of power out of a B Series legit. IF THAT. ANd that motor will last MAYBE 10 passes at a drag strip
    -www.usedbarcode.net

watch the pics bobby im at work
    -www.usedbarcode.net

The only motor that is anywhere near making 280WHP is the FEW K24s in Georgia. and most of those making over 270 are STD not even SAE. Sorry i dont think ANYONE is near 280whp in any other motor (H or B). nowhere near it.

Mike 25X whp is nowehere near the same stadium as 280whp in an h22, and i highly doubt H2B would "add" XX whp although id love to see the difference. But even then thats not really making the motor anymore power.

Getting from 260 to 270, is tons of money, 270 to 280, even more. Do you guys realize HOW HARD it is to pick up 10whp when you are making that kind of power already?????? Its an act of god.

Voya, H22 270whp is a massive number and youll need a bunch of luck. B Series , 250-260 LEGIT is almost IMPOSSIBLE. I dont care what anyone says, or read on the internet, or dynoed elsewhere. Making a legit 250+whp in a B Series or 270+ in an H is something a handful of people can do. Thats getting into the realm of you cant just slap shit together, it takes knowledge not parts shopping.

Voya let me know what you have, ill steer you in the right direction.

Personally if that big of a number is your goal, it has to be at least an H22 or a K24, no other motor will come close.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

PS: The 9k figure is for a stock cr and displacment block. Head work, Jenevy ITBs, Standalone, Hytech header,Hytech cams, no cat, flywheel, clutch, fuel, tuning.
    never happen. Stock CR and displacement are enough to get you near there unless you are building a J series
    -www.usedbarcode.net

SOUTHERN SPEED

The only motor that is anywhere near making 280WHP is the FEW K24s in Georgia. and most of those making over 270 are STD not even SAE. Sorry i dont think ANYONE is near 280whp in any other motor (H or B). nowhere near it.

Mike 25X whp is nowehere near the same stadium as 280whp in an h22, and i highly doubt H2B would "add" XX whp although id love to see the difference. But even then thats not really making the motor anymore power.

Getting from 260 to 270, is tons of money, 270 to 280, even more. Do you guys realize HOW HARD it is to pick up 10whp when you are making that kind of power already?????? Its an act of god.

Voya, H22 270whp is a massive number and youll need a bunch of luck. B Series , 250-260 LEGIT is almost IMPOSSIBLE. I dont care what anyone says, or read on the internet, or dynoed elsewhere. Making a legit 250+whp in a B Series or 270+ in an H is something a handful of people can do. Thats getting into the realm of you cant just slap shit together, it takes knowledge not parts shopping.

Voya let me know what you have, ill steer you in the right direction.

Personally if that big of a number is your goal, it has to be at least an H22 or a K24, no other motor will come close.
    I down play our 250 hp motor but with a h2b and b16 tranny it would hit 270 all day . Ill be willing to beat jasons motor will make close to 280 if not more just dont have the time to put it in right now but it is done . That motor is nothing like the build that have sitting ready to be assembled . I have everything and all machine work is done just need the time to assemble it . Im not sure what the hold backs were back in the day but a 300hp h series dd is more then do able . Of coures in the all motor world you have to have displacement to make power which kills the b series . Yes that can be overcome by reving it to 10,000 rpms but like mike said it want stay together . i got a couple things that will change the h22 world around here realy soon . Its not that hard in the h22 or k series world . the trans has always killed the h series that has been fixed. Every healthy stock h motor dynos around 285 . Every healthy stock h2b motor dynos around 210 . Do the math 252 plus 25 equals 278 , Im not saying it will kae that but 270 all day long . Enough money ill prove it . Shit we got two resonators and a hudge muffler just to keep the small 2.5 inch exaust quiet lol. I could turn that motor into a serious beast very easy just no need when you have another one even bigger.

Mike you coming to stretches open house ? I want to take you for a ride lol.

I agree that you should drive what you like. I've always preferred rotarys, but have always had a variety. I personally cannot stand my Honda, but my wife loves Accords. I'd rather drive my Buick - even though it is much slower.
    I know the hustle on the street. Good rule - always keep race to running someone that can drink with later. Never leave angry.
    My car is nothing special - its a low mile car, and still has the original engine. Previous owner bolted on the entry model Vortech. I originally thought that it was an A-trim, because it was very noisy, but later found out from Vortech that it is and SC-trim (they looked it up with the serial number). I just got it back from them from having it rebuilt. Since you have a lot of experience with Mustangs, what do you think I am at power-wise (rwhp and rw-tq)?
    I'd guess 340-370, just depends on the bolt-ons you have.. Gt40 heads and intake could net more and appear stock, also the cam you have works well.. I base all this from what you say, but hell I have a stock block too!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    Mike you coming to stretches open house ? I want to take you for a ride lol.
    Dang, I wanna ride in that monster!!

Quote Originally Posted by boosted347 View Post
    Your in bama....
    15-20mins from the line, but im in GA...lol
    Last edited by 1civic; 06-29-2011 at 10:09 PM.

there are guys making over 400hp with all motor k24 builds. several in the 450 range. In reality though they are stroked out punched to around 3.0L. Some say they are 2.6's....But running a 10.0 at 133mph is 450 territory.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    there are guys making over 400hp with all motor k24 builds. several in the 450 range. In reality though they are stroked out punched to around 3.0L. Some say they are 2.6's....But running a 10.0 at 133mph is 450 territory.
    I haven't seen any that high yet, but I can be-leave 400 with a 2.6.. And getting 400 to hook is much easier than 600-700...lol, that is why them 350+hp cars run 10.9-11.0..

come to jersey with us in october and you'll meet a slew of guys. they are all not from around here.

Prayontoo racing has 450-475 hp k series setups in their pro/am cars. To much money in that shit. 30,000-35,000$ engine and tranny setups.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    come to jersey with us in october and you'll meet a slew of guys. they are all not from around here.

Prayontoo racing has 450-475 hp k series setups in their pro/am cars. To much money in that shit. 30,000-35,000$ engine and tranny setups.
    I can see it happening, v8 guys drop the big buks, so I'm sure the 4 banger guys rock their shit as-well.. To rich for my blood though!!

Ya exactly. Thats their newest car.

www.MSSRACING.com

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast