Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chouston....

Josh when are you making a drag lexus lol
    1990 Mustang Coupe...turbo lq4 through the glide

I sent you a pic evil of the bolt but for some reason its not letting me put it up on here.... I hope I haven't messed up anything in the pumpkin because of some 10 dollar bolts..... that would suck

Nitrous 3Valve Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by thundercatz1 View Post
    I sent you a pic evil of the bolt but for some reason its not letting me put it up on here.... I hope I haven't messed up anything in the pumpkin because of some 10 dollar bolts..... that would suck
    Post the pic to imageshack and send him the link.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

david pm me ur number and I can send you the pic of the bolt and you can post it

Out of Comission rear end went kaboom

Fuckkk!!!!
    Damn that sound familar to my car. I came out lucky. All the bolts backed out of one of my axles. I thought it was the driveshaft at first but then I seen the axle just laying there. I went to pull a part and pulled me another axle and payed only $28 and now i'm back rolling. I didn't tighten the bolts enough but now they're nice and tight. I forgot to use locktite though but I may just go back over them

Yeah I hope that's all I need is some new bolts I'm prayin I didn't mess up the differential or anything inside that pumpkin

david pm me ur number and I can send you the pic of the bolt and you can post it
    Sent it

Here is the broken bolt:

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in the PI.

Condition/Concern:
    2004 GTO rear axle shaft retaining bolts coming loose.
    Service procedure for the 2004 and 2005 GTO rear axle shaft bolts.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    Under extreme driving conditions, the rear axle shaft bolts may become loose. Inspect the bolts and replace any bolts that have been damaged. Follow the service procedure below.

If it becomes necessary to remove the bolts that retain the rear axle shaft, refer to SI Document ID # 1210351. Replace the bolts if they have evidence of damage.

Part number for the bolts are 90278995 and require 12 per axle (24 per vehicle). Apply LOCTITE 243 and torque to 80Nm (60 lb ft) no need to apply additional torque as outlined in SI.

It seems if you buy them from GM they will have loctite on them.. DO NOT LET SOME DUMB ASS INSTALL THESE, you will end up in the same boat all over again!!!!!

My best advice is watch any shop install your new bolts..

Part number for the bolt is listed in last post, worst case have a shop remove the broken bolt from the hub.. Buy all new bolts, make sure loctite is on the bolt or apply it and TQ everyone to spec, Don't short cute like the last guy!!!

Clearly that bolt you posted in the pic has no loctite!!!

DO IT RIGHT!!!!!

Later!!

wasted space...

Later!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    wasted space...

Later!!
    Thanks for all tbhe advice and help hopefully will the GTO will be up and running soon.

Guess that's a new thing huh?? Explain why the bolts come loose?? I can see a bolt that breaks, but his broke once they come loose.. Sell him on your story but not me..

Next time use grade 8 bolt with red loctite!! 100 buks says it don't come loose again, and I'm no GM guy...Lmao!!
    I don't owe him an explanation....he didn't buy the car from me you dumbshit...

the reason we didn't put loctite on them was because they tend to bend, yes, BEND grade 8 bolts, 1.5 60's in a 3600lb car will do that....you can't just pick up parts at autozone, this isn't a civic kid so you don't loctite $10 worth of bolts into a inner axle stub that can cost up to $400ea.

you ever try to remove bent bolts from something? now think about how smart it would be to remove seized bent bolts mr. ase....think before you mouth spews your low intellect diarrhea....your inexperience with higher hp cars is obvious.....this may be the wrong section for you

Yeah I hope that's all I need is some new bolts I'm prayin I didn't mess up the differential or anything inside that pumpkin
    there's nothing wrong with the center cartridge....it's a sealed unit

I know last time we replaced them it sheared the side off of one of the bolts entrances on the hub...limp it or tow it over to JJ and hope and pray he can clean the hole out and retap it
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by boosted347 View Post
    Josh when are you making a drag lexus lol
    never! honestly....i'll be surprised if I still have that car by the end of the year....it's nothing like I thought it would and I didn't do my homework on it, I was just looking to get into something different and now all I want is a SS Camaro, lol
    -2001 Lexus IS300

I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

What year ss?
    And you can loctite em in houston isnt gonna be cuttin any 1.5 60's anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Goat View Post
    I don't owe him an explanation....he didn't buy the car from me you dumbshit...

the reason we didn't put loctite on them was because they tend to bend, yes, BEND grade 8 bolts, 1.5 60's in a 3600lb car will do that....you can't just pick up parts at autozone, this isn't a civic kid so you don't loctite $10 worth of bolts into a inner axle stub that can cost up to $400ea.

you ever try to remove bent bolts from something? now think about how smart it would be to remove seized bent bolts mr. ase....think before you mouth spews your low intellect diarrhea....your inexperience with higher hp cars is obvious.....this may be the wrong section for you
    It's funny that you use that to your defense.... 100 buks says that loctite will solve his problem if he buys them from GM which has it from the factory!! I listed the TSB, i never found any complaints on the 05 axle bolts, only 04 since GM decided it wasn't fit, but soon they found out and listed the fix which I posted.. LOCTITE OWNED YOU!!!!

Did you ever use a factory bolt listed on the TSB after it come loose on you?...LOL

P.s
    Get a pic of the bolt head.. I wanna see it..

Take my bet!! 100 buks.. If he fixes it the right way like I said, and GM said then they will not come loose again!!!

He will:

1. break the axle
    2. break the inner stub
    3. blow the pumpkin (diff)

Don't take rocket science, loctite is your friend!! LOL

P.s
    Admit your wrong and move along, I'm not a GM guy and still found the fix in a matter of minutes.. You could have used blu and not red if you where that worried, even fucking silicone works...LMAO!!

Later!!

Loctite is also a pain in the ass lol

Loctite is also a pain in the ass lol
    Red can be but blue is found also.. I mean really, do we not install it on a driveshaft?...LOL

And don't get my screen name twisted.. I've been apart of some very quick cars!! Me, Andy, Tim, Jeff and Brandon.. V8 guys will know the names well...LOL
    http://youtu.be/SPf1tTEp-h0
    http://youtu.be/ID-Qm9Z26MA
    http://youtu.be/6smmqEwpgak

Im not a loctite fan, i never have bolts back out on me though...maybe im just lucky

Im not a loctite fan, i never have bolts back out on me though...maybe im just lucky
    Your lucky.. That little bottle can save you money in the long run!!

eh as frequently as I tear shit apart to change my setup I catch any little imperfections lol...about the only thing we put loctite on at our shop is driveshaft bolts if those even...glad I dont have to deal with these IRS troubles, SRA ftmfw!!!

No pun here, just said the TSB for the 04 GTO.. It's listed to use it or buy them from GM with it.. That's All..

I'm trying to help the man..

I feel that, im anxious to get my shit back to 100% with no clutch slippage so I can fill in for a 126 mph trap lol

eh as frequently as I tear shit apart to change my setup I catch any little imperfections lol...about the only thing we put loctite on at our shop is driveshaft bolts if those even...glad I dont have to deal with these IRS troubles, SRA ftmfw!!!
    I've had more people boohoo about the stuff, if in doubt use silicone.. I use hondabond for anything aluminum!! Best shit ever!!!!
    Headers on all 2,3,and 4 valve cars I used high temp silicone on gasket and bolts, never had leaks or bolts fall out.. Flywheels, drive-shafts red loctite.. List goes on, I know where it's needed!! LOL

Flywheel is another place loctite works well

Flywheel is another place loctite works well
    See, but your not a fan!!....LOL

Dont change my flywheel to often so

Dont change my flywheel to often so

Here houston houston houston...where are youuuuuu!!!

SOUTHERN SPEED

Im not a fan either honestly . Not saying i dont use it just saying i dont overly use it lol. It is nice when needed and with a little heat not to bad to get back off . There are just certain things i dont like to put heat on .

Actually tightening the fly wheel bolts help also. I had a friend going to help me install my motor since my hand was broke . He never tightened the fly wheel bolts with a impact ( how the hell you get them tight with a wrench ?) but swore he got them tight with a wrench lol. I tourqed the head and did other things that i wanted to make sure was right but never thought he wouldnt hit the fly wheel bolts with a impact. I mean why would you run them up with a wrench when a impact is sitting there , wait i remember why and its the same way i found out he didnt tighten them . I keep my 12 point 17 mm socket with my specialty sockets were he has no idea to find it but he could have asked . Long story short i had to replace the crank lol.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

ouch that sucks

Loc-tite is not the end all be all. I have had loc-tited bolts back out on me and that was with the Red. It happens alot on bolts that go through heat cycles. If you want something to not back out, safety wire them. I have never had a safety wired bolt back out.
    The Shitbox

SOUTHERN SPEED

Yea it did and what can you say to your friend ? Damn man you cost me a brand new motor what was you thinking trying to help me out for free .

In this same month on the same car trying to get it together he hooked up the jumper cables backwards (my fault the red plastic had come off the positive side and you know how hard it is to look at the other side and see which one was red, easier to just hook it up and wish for the best lol ) jumping it off and burnt up a 1800 dollar tv (only cost 250 to get fixed lol) . I let him drive it home ( kinda felt obligated since he did get it running again for me) and he couldnt tell the brand new never been road on 19 inch tire (200 dollars ) was flat and kept driving cracking my c2 racing hart in two places . Lucky for him i never drive the car so the fly wheel stayed on over a month because had all this happened in the same week (not that a month is a long time) i would have probably killed him . He did agree to pick up my tv when it was done since i had paid a 100 dollar deposite and it would only be 150 to pick it up . Yup you guessed it he told eveybody that i lied to him and they wanted 800 to pick it up so i just went ahead and paid the 150 dollars then showed the receipt to everybody making him look like a fool not that he had a leg to stand on anyway .

Now my question even if somebody is just trying to help but destroys your shit should you hold them responsible? I mean honestly ive never even realy said a word about all this because im on the fence either way . I mean no way all this should cost me the thousands it did hell i didnt take the boy to raise but on the other hand how can you make him pay when he was honestly just trying to help lol ? Now the wheel and tire he was driving he should have paid for and im thinking later own he squared up enough to call the wheel and tire a was 9 but yet now i have a repaired 19inch wheel that you couldnt sell ) . The tv well i asked him to jump the car off for me so i dont know there and the motor he was just trying to be a good friend and help lol. Honestly besides the wheel and tire i cant say he should have to pay me to fix anything but maybe you guys can help with your oponions.

SOUTHERN SPEED

Somethings cant be safety wired and some bolts just being the tiny bit loose leaves enough slack to tear up a tone of shit . besides the fly that was wrenched tight ive been pretty lucky.

It's funny that you use that to your defense.... 100 buks says that loctite will solve his problem if he buys them from GM which has it from the factory!! I listed the TSB, i never found any complaints on the 05 axle bolts, only 04 since GM decided it wasn't fit, but soon they found out and listed the fix which I posted.. LOCTITE OWNED YOU!!!!

Did you ever use a factory bolt listed on the TSB after it come loose on you?...LOL

P.s
    Get a pic of the bolt head.. I wanna see it..
    maybe you can't read....those bolts are on the inner stub of the drive side of the rear end.....did I ever say they backed out on me? no I didn't, what I said was the reason we didn't loctite them was because they tend to bend from the stress of puttnig all 530hp to the ground off the line on 26" slicks....

it doesn't matter who makes the fucking bolts, grade 8 is grade 8 dipshit....buying them from GM won't change the fact that they would bend and replacing the bolts and throwing loctite on them has nothing to do with breaking axles you stupid fuck

if you can't comprehend it this go 'round I can't help you.....
    -2001 Lexus IS300

SOUTHERN SPEED

Could you please explain what a stupid fuck is i didnt get that part Is a stupif fuck worse or better then a dipshit just trying to clarify things for him any help will be appreciated lol.

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    Could you please explain what a stupid fuck is i didnt get that part Is a stupif fuck worse or better then a dipshit just trying to clarify things for him any help will be appreciated lol.
    I think stupid fuck is worse:idb:

Quote Originally Posted by 91s13 View Post
    I think stupid fuck is worse:idb:
    Stupid fuck is bad but for some reason i think the sound of the word dipshit is actually worse. Sometimes a less profane word is more offensive/piss you off more
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Goat View Post
    maybe you can't read....those bolts are on the inner stub of the drive side of the rear end.....did I ever say they backed out on me? no I didn't, what I said was the reason we didn't loctite them was because they tend to bend from the stress of puttnig all 530hp to the ground off the line on 26" slicks....

it doesn't matter who makes the fucking bolts, grade 8 is grade 8 dipshit....buying them from GM won't change the fact that they would bend and replacing the bolts and throwing loctite on them has nothing to do with breaking axles you stupid fuck

if you can't comprehend it this go 'round I can't help you.....
    Don't flip the script now, you knew what happen before anyone else chimed in...LOL

His best option is to replace the bolts with a factory part!!! I listed a TSB because it's a common problem in which the bolts come loose..

Now, since you knew already I would only assume you had this problem.. I highly doubt you bent those bolts, but yet they came loose and bent!!!

Facts are facts, stop digging your own hole!!

The man needed help, I offered advice!!

Later "dipshit"!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast