Thread: 5.0 Problems

Default 5.0 Problems

Alright I have a 93 5.0 with a 97 Explorer bottom end, 255 Holley FI pump, 24# inj., Track Heat intake, 70mm tb, full exhaust, etc.

Ok I just put a set of heads, an F cam, 1.6 rollers, new lifters, and push rods. and if I sit in traffic for a few minuets my idle will drop from 1000 and will surge back in forth from 900-750 and will run like shit. When I start off I have to give it a lot more gas and the car will buck back and forth if I don't stay in the gas. But before when the car maintains 1000 idle it runs great and doesn't buck. Also while the car is running great, if I stomp on the gas and let off then the car will start bucking as well. The car didn't do this before the heads etc where put on, any help would be much appreciated.

--edit also the car is at operating temp.
    Last edited by Josh...; 01-17-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtquickgt00 View Post
    my car is an automatic my overdrive button wasnt working during the dyno i fixed it afterwards. i live out towards cartersville and me and ted were messig around the hole way to powder springs so he converter was hot also... after i dynoed it i puyt it back to stock and it felt stronger and my wheels bent on the pass. side hell fr what it was ying on th dyno ican still manage to get a 14.00 in the 1/4

check for vaccum leaks and also the throttle position sensor.
    Last edited by RUFFIAN; 01-17-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    N/A>>><<<BOOST

Unknown

My car does the same thing. Some of it went away after I got it tuned.

Yeah it's shitty, my car won't do it unless I stop at a long red light. And then, it will do it the whole time unless I turn the car off and let it sit for a few minuets.
    my car is an automatic my overdrive button wasnt working during the dyno i fixed it afterwards. i live out towards cartersville and me and ted were messig around the hole way to powder springs so he converter was hot also... after i dynoed it i puyt it back to stock and it felt stronger and my wheels bent on the pass. side hell fr what it was ying on th dyno ican still manage to get a 14.00 in the 1/4

One of the easiest ways to find a vacuum leak is to spray Brake Cleaner around the engine and when the RPM's jump up you know your in the right area.
    The Shitbox

Unknown

Mine's especially bad with the cold weather. It shuts off sometimes when I throw it in neutral to coast to a stop. It does it the worst cruising at a low rpm in 5th gear.

you have three options
    get it tuned not just f/p and timing have a chip burned as its to fat at idle
    or if you are cheep and just want to band aid it
    either buy this http://k-mansparts.com/items/perform...39a-detail.htm

or if you are really cheep, pull the idle air by pass valve off and grind a slot between the two holes. if you go this route do it gradually only removing a little at a time as too much and the car wont idle.

I forgot reguardless of what you decide to do take the iac off, take it apart and clean it as there is probably gunk built up inside of it, which may be causing it to stick.

Quote Originally Posted by GangstaCoupe View Post
    I forgot reguardless of what you decide to do take the iac off, take it apart and clean it as there is probably gunk built up inside of it, which may be causing it to stick.
    Reps for the help. Yeah, I already did clean it out. Does anybody know a good affordable shop that will tune and chip. Because it's close to 600 at Mo's Speed Shop, but then again you get what you pay for. I just don't have 600 for a tune and chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh... View Post
    Reps for the help. Yeah, I already did clean it out. Does anybody know a good affordable shop that will tune and chip. Because it's close to 600 at Mo's Speed Shop, but then again you get what you pay for. I just don't have 600 for a tune and chip.

http://www.tweecer.com/ Try This
    The Shitbox

518rwhp at 10psi

Just get Jeff to tune it, and quit being a jew

Quote Originally Posted by bybyevo View Post
    Just get Jeff to tune it, and quit being a jew
    Pay for the tune and I will let you drive it to work one day.