Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: why be all secret about your mods

Hybrid View

oh dont forget on street tires also

Certified Gearhead QKJUICEDPONY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO
    I run on street tires......care to go from a dig?

Here for fun!

Clapped out Mustang checking in!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atlplayerr
    we have a 4 CYLINDER and we run 2 seconds behind you...
    not my problem your shits weak...don't cry because i put more effort into my vehicles

i don't do this to impress you...and please don't act like i'm some redneck with no respect for 4 cylinders, i mean shit fire jj should knock down some low 11's and block willing some 10's on a 1.6l single cam with just rods/pistons, so don't act like "two seconds behind" is something wroth bragging about, your shit is slow, not my fault, change your tampon and get over it

i was making 4 cylinders fast before you got your learners license, so don't try that shit with me....i have an immense amount of respect for big power out of little motors, and to this day still love me some single cam monsters

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO
    dont write a check that weaksauce bullshit hatch can't cash...
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

We Coming!!!

sounds like your tampon is the one thats full what a joke its all good man dont get mad cause u run 2 seconds faster than us on nitrous...its all good just NOT IMPRESSIVE my opinion and yes opinions are like assholes everyone has one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Goat
    not my problem your shits weak...don't cry because i put more effort into my vehicles

i don't do this to impress you...and please don't act like i'm some redneck with no respect for 4 cylinders, i mean shit fire jj should knock down some low 11's and block willing some 10's on a 1.6l single cam with just rods/pistons, so don't act like "two seconds behind" is something wroth bragging about, your shit is slow, not my fault, change your tampon and get over it

i was making 4 cylinders fast before you got your learners license, so don't try that shit with me....i have an immense amount of respect for big power out of little motors, and to this day still love me some single cam monsters

dont write a check that weaksauce bullshit hatch can't cash...

MY HATCH IS FOR SALE $6500

Quote Originally Posted by atlplayerr
    sounds like your tampon is the one thats full what a joke its all good man dont get mad cause u run 2 seconds faster than us on nitrous...its all good just NOT IMPRESSIVE my opinion and yes opinions are like assholes everyone has one...

again, you guys don't know me, i don't get worked up....especially over internet banter...just know that i don't need some unknowns approval of whether or not my cars impressive

i'd call that bullshit of a car you two have out, but then i'd be picking on the little guys right? put some spray in it, if it isn't already there, and shut me up
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

We Coming!!!

hey man its ALL GOOD if you think its fast then thats all that matters
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Goat
    again, you guys don't know me, i don't get worked up....especially over internet banter...just know that i don't need some unknowns approval of whether or not my cars impressive

Banned

i dont tell ppl my set up..even though its broken most of the time. i think its my business. when i wanna run for money, it does help. i dont mind telling some specs of my car. but i think nick is the only guy on here that knows my entire current set-up and track time. its all about trust. ppl have bad habits of spreading info and before long everyone knows!

We Coming!!!

THANK YOU
    Quote Originally Posted by btstone
    i dont tell ppl my set up..even though its broken most of the time. i think its my business. when i wanna run for money, it does help. i dont mind telling some specs of my car. but i think nick is the only guy on here that knows my entire current set-up and track time. its all about trust. ppl have bad habits of spreading info and before long everyone knows!

Quote Originally Posted by btstone
    i agree with u stone.

if you happen to see a honda with a fmic then you know he is boosted, right?? so the next question would be is he built and how many psi is he running ?? which doesnt really matter cuz some fools push thier bone stock turbo set-ups beyond thier limits and put out damn near the same hp's as a built one would. i could see if someone was trying to do the sleeper look and black out thier intercooler and shit, but its pointless...

Quote Originally Posted by SpooL'DGsR
    i agree with u stone.

if you happen to see a honda with a fmic then you know he is boosted, right?? so the next question would be is he built and how many psi is he running ?? which doesnt really matter cuz some fools push thier bone stock turbo set-ups beyond thier limits and put out damn near the same hp's as a built one would. i could see if someone was trying to do the sleeper look and black out thier intercooler and shit, but its pointless...
    I know people that have blacked out intercoolers so they arnt as noticeable and their shit doesnt get stolen while they are in the mall or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KDM>JDM
    I know people that have blacked out intercoolers so they arnt as noticeable and their shit doesnt get stolen while they are in the mall or something.

tru ! so tru! forgot about that reason....

damn this thread has taken off >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sits back and watches....

evilgoats car doesnt have much money in it at all from what ive seen/heard.....

Well lookey here. A couple more ricers have come in and hijacked a thread, ONCE AGAIN!!

We love you guys.

2006 Corvette Z06
    2" Stainless Works LT Headers
    Random Technologies 3" X-pipe, with high flow polished cats
    Callaway "Honker" cold air intake
    Ported throttle body and intake
    Custom dyno tune by MTI Racing Atlanta
    496rwhp/478tq

I guess the better question would be....instead of wondering why people hide their mods, why does it matter to you if people know or not?

2006 Corvette Z06
    496rwhp/478tq

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lankhoss
    I guess the better question would be....instead of wondering why people hide their mods, why does it matter to you if people know or not?
    yeah, everyone is diff. some build cars for diff reasons. i built mine to race and win some money. i dont even have a roll cage for the one reason of looking street as possible

Senior Member | IA Veteran

I will NEVER tell anyone what I have or mods due to the fact of them trying to steal my shitt.... So yeah call it cocky but atleast my car is not in the stolen section nor have I had anyone of my cars stolen everrr

i dont feel like reading 5 pages... but my opinions is that about 70 are just cocky and 30 are just kinda scared of their shit getting jacked...

=EJ-EG SQUAD SUPPORTER=
    2000 HONDA CIVIC - SOLD
    1966 MUSTANG COUPE - TRADED
    1989 FOXBODY MUSTANG - DD

buy me some STP octane booster whatever210's Avatar

guys guys were straying from the point. all im saying is why keep it a secret. why be that crazy about. if your that worried about your car getting stolen then do what i do. stick that shit in your garage,lock the garage,turn the steering wheel all the way till it locks, have some killswitches, and a alarm. thats what i do every time i take i put my car away. all im saying is that you hide your car to be all secretive but you act like nobody has done the swap but you and youve had the first ever secret build that nobodys ever seen before (not directing that towards anybody). just sayin. if im going to race i want it to be in my ball park range. thats all. dont let everybody get all hyped up on 4 cyl crap will beat v8 and how much money is put in your car cause point is.....thats not what this threads about.
    and another good point....

1 They race and racers don't like to compare notes. They want the advantage of surprise on their side. Drifters help other drifters get better, racers rarely do, they might loose and winning is everything at the drag strip.

2 They paid someone to make their car go fast and have no idea what they did.

I tell anyone that asks my mods. I only race for fun...not money so no hustle needed

slower than you

Quote Originally Posted by Incontt
    I tell anyone that asks my mods. I only race for fun...not money so no hustle needed
    x2 isnt all about fun. why so serious people. its like life or death damn

People ask what mods, and after you tell them, they ask what hp and ETs. When you tell them, they don't believe it, so its easier to say its stock and you don't know the hp or times.

For me, my car sounds a lot faster than it is ("its a Mustang, so it must run 10's"), so its not worth being called a liar from every Joe Blow you meet. Tell them its stock, and the Civics leave you alone. I just post my pics and let them believe what they want.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Southern Speed

Cant believe i just read all of that lol
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

Out the game again!!

^^you aint the only one
    Soon!!

HONDA RIDIN LOW BOY

.................?keeps u interested in figuring out wut they got i dun stress on what ppl got n i just the type that dont like to floss my shit.once u tell one they all kno so y do i gotta show n tell u gonna cry cuz i wont tell? get over it buddy not that serious

Quote Originally Posted by VTECxRoCKz
    .................?keeps u interested in figuring out wut they got i dun stress on what ppl got n i just the type that dont like to floss my shit.once u tell one they all kno so y do i gotta show n tell u gonna cry cuz i wont tell? get over it buddy not that serious
    so whats the big deal then? why dont you just tell me then. i come up to you after you win a race and say
    "hey man that was realy quick and your car looks great. what all have you done to it."
    then you say "nothing much just lowered and a few things."
    then i say "oh yeah well it runs great man. major props on how quick it is. what you got under there maybe we can get a good clean run in."
    then you say "ah no man its just stock" (after you just got done waxin an super charged cobra that runs 11s)
    then i look at you like your crazy and i say seriously and thats where you get all secretaive and dont say anything or mislead me or give me very little info. now i know what it takes to beat something like that but you insist on be a dick about after i congratulate you on a good race then try to race you and ask you what youve got done to it so maybe it could be a good race between us. its stupid and shady. and its happens exactly like that every time. every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever210
    so whats the big deal then? why dont you just tell me then. i come up to you after you win a race and say
    "hey man that was realy quick and your car looks great. what all have you done to it."
    then you say "nothing much just lowered and a few things."
    then i say "oh yeah well it runs great man. major props on how quick it is. what you got under there maybe we can get a good clean run in."
    then you say "ah no man its just stock" (after you just got done waxin an super charged cobra that runs 11s)
    then i look at you like your crazy and i say seriously and thats where you get all secretaive and dont say anything or mislead me or give me very little info. now i know what it takes to beat something like that but you insist on be a dick about after i congratulate you on a good race then try to race you and ask you what youve got done to it so maybe it could be a good race between us. its stupid and shady. and its happens exactly like that every time. every single time.
    then stop asking lol

Quote Originally Posted by collins
    then stop asking lol
    Yup, no one forces you to hang out with anyone. Once someone does some shadey shit around me, it takes a LOT for me to ever trust or respect them. There are tons of people at car meets, and tons of people who race for fun. The second someone wants to be shadey or secretive, I just move on and talk to other people.

You don't have to get along with everyone, and the people you don't hang out with aren't necessarily your enemies. Just pick and choose the crowd you want to surround yourself with.

2006 Corvette Z06
    496rwhp/478tq

Banned

Yup, no one forces you to hang out with anyone. Once someone does some shadey shit around me, it takes a LOT for me to ever trust or respect them. There are tons of people at car meets, and tons of people who race for fun. The second someone wants to be shadey or secretive, I just move on and talk to other people.

You don't have to get along with everyone, and the people you don't hang out with aren't necessarily your enemies. Just pick and choose the crowd you want to surround yourself with.
    i dont think its about being shady,. i dont going blabbing about my set up, but we are cool and in the same crowd

Quote Originally Posted by collins
    then stop asking lol
    im actually over it. i dont realy care anymore. do what you want. straight lines are gay unless you have a fast car which i dont so ill just stick with drifting

im actually over it. i dont realy care anymore. do what you want. straight lines are gay unless you have a fast car which i dont so ill just stick with drifting
    12's aint slow!

JJSPEC RACING - Central Ga's source for performance parts,
    fabrication, tuning, general repair and a whole lot more! 478 621 5000

Wait, did a DRIFT RACER just call a form of racing "gay?"

Holy shit.

2006 Corvette Z06
    496rwhp/478tq

ok fine i wont hide it n e more.....i shoot nawz
    Quote Originally Posted by civic gsr View Post
    STILLHAVE THAT PENIS ?????
    They should have never gave u niggggas vtec

What bugs me is when the "sneaky" guys wanna come race me. I'm fine with people who choose to run that way, but if I am going to be up front and honest with people, I'd expect the favor returned or would rather that person just not approach me in the first place.

It's pretty rare to find people who don't respect that, but I've run into a few.

2006 Corvette Z06
    496rwhp/478tq

What bugs me is when the "sneaky" guys wanna come race me. I'm fine with people who choose to run that way, but if I am going to be up front and honest with people, I'd expect the favor returned or would rather that person just not approach me in the first place.

It's pretty rare to find people who don't respect that, but I've run into a few.
    Agreed. IMO it's a disrespect to the art... especially when it's just for fun anyway.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

SUPERMAN

Damn this thread has come a long way since this morning..
    Last edited by oleblue; 08-28-2009 at 11:13 PM.
    (SRT EQUIPPED) It's Just A Neon...
    1/4mile= 11.21 @ 127mph 2.0 60ft
    The Boost Is Strong With This One.

If You Can't Say Anything Nice,
    "Then Go F**k Yourself"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oleblue
    Damn this tread has come a long way since this morning..
    morning? more like 2:00pm lol

SUPERMAN

^My bad, thought it was earlier than that.
    (SRT EQUIPPED) It's Just A Neon...
    1/4mile= 11.21 @ 127mph 2.0 60ft
    The Boost Is Strong With This One.

If You Can't Say Anything Nice,
    "Then Go F**k Yourself"!!!

badssmonte

I don't tell my mods because race wars is coming up and I don't want to end up like Jessie.

Just a riced out F-150

MSS MAFIA

^^ ROFL. reps.

Save ur engines!
    The internet: It's not just for Porn anymore.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast