PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Tint or No Tint?

Rican219
01-08-2007, 04:28 PM
So the Law changed is it worth me even tinting my windows now? I usually do 20% but I don't to get hassled by the cops and 35% I think is too light.

Thoughts?

DerrickT
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
it, will save your interior and keep it cooler, but it is straight see through, I stripped all my tint off, I miss my 5%

imbosile
01-08-2007, 04:55 PM
just do something like 25 maybe?

Turbodude06
01-08-2007, 06:54 PM
25% would be pretty much the same as 20% Just do it 20% thats what I do all my friends cars and they never get pulled over for it....

thepolecat
01-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I have 20 and 15 and I just steer clear of acting like an idiot so the cops dont hassle me.

3.5altman
01-08-2007, 07:12 PM
im 5% all around... lovin it

95droppedhatch
01-08-2007, 08:54 PM
i have had double limo on all my cars for last 4 years and i have only been pulled over once for my tint if you dont do anything stupid they usually dont mess with you about the tint

RutRoe
01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
im 5% all around... lovin it

You'll get pulled for it eventually and totally regret that choice.

I have 35 and it's light, but 20 is just not worth the ticket to me.

But, I just bought an STI, so the chances of me getting pulled over for speeding have gone up, so I'm not going to make any enemies while I'm at it. I'm going 35 on it.

Good luck, but keep in mind, if you get the ticket and not the warning, it will be more expensive than your tint.

3.5altman
01-09-2007, 12:44 AM
You'll get pulled for it eventually and totally regret that choice.

I have 35 and it's light, but 20 is just not worth the ticket to me.

But, I just bought an STI, so the chances of me getting pulled over for speeding have gone up, so I'm not going to make any enemies while I'm at it. I'm going 35 on it.

Good luck, but keep in mind, if you get the ticket and not the warning, it will be more expensive than your tint.

ive been pulled over 3 times for it.. only one ticket...its been on for 2 years.

Cato ED-6
01-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I would get 35% on the doors and 0% on everything else. Its dark and its legal.

aaronfelipe
01-09-2007, 05:26 PM
25% would be pretty much the same as 20% Just do it 20% thats what I do all my friends cars and they never get pulled over for it....
They may not get pulled over for it but it is a free reason to get pulled over even if you are abiding by all rules imaginable.

Lude4Life
01-09-2007, 07:53 PM
my friend got a 32% on his SRT-4 and I think that its perfect.

Blitanicle99
01-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Ive got 20 all around on my truck, ive never got messed with it. I had 15 on the front, and 5 on the back in my old lifted 4runner and never got bothered about it, and my tires were louder than piss (pro comp xterrains are the loudest tires on the market). Being a truck I really dont get hasseled anyway, if I do its rare. But if your worried about it, get 35 and definately get a 5 percent strip. That strip makes all the difference. If that doesnt please you, Get 35 and get someone to lightly tint your winshield. The guy who did my tint has his done, he has 35 all around and a 50 percent on his winsheld and it looks like 20 maybe even 15 without the sunlight. It is very illegal but honestly I couldnt tell the winshield was tinted, I didnt belive it was 35 all the way around because it was too dark and it only made sense when he told me about the winshield. If you are looking for someone to do it PM me and Ill give you a number

jadakid88
01-09-2007, 11:30 PM
i got 20 on sides and 5 in the rear and they dont mess with me. and if the window does not roll down you can have it as dark as you want.

StupidBikerBoy
01-10-2007, 04:04 AM

not on a car. all windows must be 32% + 0r - 3%.

You are thinking about trucks.

StupidBikerBoy
01-10-2007, 04:07 AM
I would go with 32 % all around. Its better than nothing. Also, 32% will be darker than most think all around, but when a car has 32 in front and 5 in the back it makes that 32 look like nothing.

Be sure to do the windsheild also, that'll help a good bit too.

Turbodude06
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Ok here are you options
A-your safe with 35%
B-you pretty safe with 20%
C-5% your worried about every cop that pulls up next to u
D-here's the trick do your front two door 35% and the rest of your car 5% and this darkens the whole inside of the car thus making the front doors look like their 20%

PS. this is how my car is and most of the time people can hardly see me and i'm legal all the way, with the 35% on the front doors and 5% on the rear of the car, I do this set up all the time for customers and they love it that way. (It looks dark but your still legal):goodjob:

Lucky DAWG
01-10-2007, 11:06 PM
do 20 all around, i have it and cops never bother me, i got the premium tint which is really reflective and looks a tad bit darker, also i can see fine at night

don't tint your windshield if you're worried about getting caught, you cant tint your windshield at all and all you will do is stick out like a sore thumb by doing that

do 5% if you want people to think no one is driving the car, want to get pulled over by all cops, and want to hit people in your blind side all the time bc u cant see a damn thing at night!

3.5altman
01-11-2007, 09:41 AM
well i have 5% looks good, its can be a cop magnet but i know where the cops chill so i go around them. But only thing i hate is seeing at night. That shit sucks. I have been thinking about getting them retinted.

StupidBikerBoy
01-11-2007, 02:27 PM
IMO

Its rediculous to get 20 all around or 35 in front and 5 in back, or anything illegal and expect to get away with it.

Cops know whats illegal, and all it takes is a simple slide of the meter to prove it, no matter what window it is. Why do it half a$$ed like that? Do you really believe you are "fooling" them?
Those that have anything illegal have just been lucky, nothing more. Eventually luck runs out.

You have two choices:

1) Get what you want, but be prepared to get fined and have to pay to have it removed.

2) Get the darkest allowed by law and forget about it.

Lucky DAWG
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM
IMO

Its rediculous to get 20 all around or 35 in front and 5 in back, or anything illegal and expect to get away with it.

Cops know whats illegal, and all it takes is a simple slide of the meter to prove it, no matter what window it is. Why do it half a$$ed like that? Do you really believe you are "fooling" them?
Those that have anything illegal have just been lucky, nothing more. Eventually luck runs out.

You have two choices:

1) Get what you want, but be prepared to get fined and have to pay to have it removed.

cops know its illegal when they pull you over, sometimes, they don't always notice it... i know this from personal experience

i had a friend with 5% who got pulled over and cop said nothing, it just depends on if you get a nice older cop or a dick cop who just got out of the academy and is trying to prove himself.

you're right though, its a huge cost if you get caught, ticket plus payment to get rid of it or you face getting your car taken away if you get too many warnings.

it all depends on how much it is worth to you, the 20 is worth it to me :cheers:

Killer
01-11-2007, 03:12 PM
i think i've got 5%.. i actually hate it! way too dark... i've only been pulled over once...

(end of month so probably trying to meet quota)

twkg
01-11-2007, 04:40 PM
IMO

You have two choices:

^+1 Well said. I chose to roll with 15% premium. I've been pulled over once and caught so much hell with a Walton Co. over it. Cost me $150 and being harrassed for my ride height and my tag being dirty. It sucks, but I accept it seeing as how I was dumb enough to roll through knowing the law. Pulled over once in two years though. I guess it's not that bad.

Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

Turbodude06
01-11-2007, 04:46 PM
IMO

You have two choices:

yea u are fooling them cause I do all the Woodstock cop cars and all the cops say that "that is a great idea with the 35% up front and darker in the back", the cops even told me they don't bother people with 20% all the way around unless your just a dumb ass and u piss them off....

twkg
01-11-2007, 06:19 PM
^Maybe where you're at. I was literally stopped at a Red light ready to make a left when the cop pulled up to the left of me. He waited until I had the Green light then threw on the blues, pulled a U turn, and stopped me. He said he pulled me over because my windows looked too dark.

Turbodude06
01-11-2007, 10:40 PM
^^^ but were they, a lot of times cops will just make an excusse to pull you over just because u may look suspisious

StupidBikerBoy
01-12-2007, 11:14 AM
yea u are fooling them cause I do all the Woodstock cop cars and all the cops say that "that is a great idea with the 35% up front and darker in the back", the cops even told me they don't bother people with 20% all the way around unless your just a dumb ass and u piss them off....

Exactly my point, that was that one cops preference, and eventually you'll run into an asshole cop or one just looking for a reason to stop you.

Look at it this way, Its a lot like an open container. All cops know its illegal, and most will use it as a reason to search or check you out, but many will let you slide. But eventually one of those cops will write you for it.

StupidBikerBoy
01-12-2007, 11:17 AM
cops know its illegal when they pull you over, sometimes, they don't always notice it... i know this from personal experience

i had a friend with 5% who got pulled over and cop said nothing, it just depends on if you get a nice older cop or a dick cop who just got out of the academy and is trying to prove himself.

you're right though, its a huge cost if you get caught, ticket plus payment to get rid of it or you face getting your car taken away if you get too many warnings.

it all depends on how much it is worth to you, the 20 is worth it to me :cheers:

I have an S-10 with 5% all the way around, so I know how it is and how it can be.

What Im trying to say is that its rediculous to put it on and expect all cops to overlook it. There will be one to write you a ticket, its only a matter of time.

Basically it boils down to your last comment, if you get illegal tint, expect to get fined.:goodjob:

Oh and LuckySC, why did you neg rep me?

nautiboi73
01-12-2007, 12:56 PM
with that logic.
"all my friends sell blow and they never get caught for it":no:

20% on a car is illegal and a misdemeanor. it is not worth it.

nautiboi73
01-12-2007, 12:59 PM
0% is paint. no light coming thorugh at all:screwy:

oh yea and that is only legal on trucks, Suv and AWD vehicles. (AWD don't ask me that is how it is written"vehicles equiped for off road use")

nautiboi73
01-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok here are you options
PS. this is how my car is and most of the time people can hardly see me and i'm legal all the way, with the 35% on the front doors and 5% on the rear of the car, I do this set up all the time for customers and they love it that way. (It looks dark but your still legal):goodjob:

it is not legal? you tint cars and don't know the rules and regulation regarding your business?

nautiboi73
01-12-2007, 01:09 PM
^^^ but were they, a lot of times cops will just make an excusse to pull you over just because u may look suspisious
they don't make up excuses, they have to have a legitimate reason to pull you over or they may get in trouble by superiors if reported. it may be tag light out or some other otherwise BS stupid reason but they have to have a reson.

just don't give them a reason.

Kyle
01-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I have 25% 3M. It's nice and I have never been pulled over. It wouldn't matter though because I got my tint done when they briefly lifted the laws about two years ago.

nautiboi73
01-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I have 25% 3M. It's nice and I have never been pulled over. It wouldn't matter though because I got my tint done when they briefly lifted the laws about two years ago.
you can still get a ticket, it was not grandfathered in.

Lucky DAWG
01-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I have an S-10 with 5% all the way around, so I know how it is and how it can be.

What Im trying to say is that its rediculous to put it on and expect all cops to overlook it. There will be one to write you a ticket, its only a matter of time.

Basically it boils down to your last comment, if you get illegal tint, expect to get fined.:goodjob:

Oh and LuckySC, why did you neg rep me?

yea i was agreeing with you.
it all depends on the cop really so you're taking a risk

and i don't remember neg repping you at all, i actually had an incident where someone neg repped me back recently and i had never seent them.

my family from Ireland just left and had been here for 2 weeks i think my cousin got on here and did it bc shes a bitch, it auto logs me into this site and ur not the first person to tell me this.

i tried talking to b18hatch, but he said mods can't do anything, who is an admin i can talk to, to try and cancel out a neg rep?????

sorry for the confusion man

Turbodude06
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
they don't make up excuses, they have to have a legitimate reason to pull you over or they may get in trouble by superiors if reported. it may be tag light out or some other otherwise BS stupid reason but they have to have a reson.

just don't give them a reason.

No they don't I've been pulled for yielding at a yield sign and they search my car, but I wasn't going to argue with them, and that way they search it very nicely without like taking panels out and shit... and yes I do know the rules... And I also know the head chef of police of my area and they have never given a tint ticket for anything other then the front two doors or the windshield...

nautiboi73
01-13-2007, 12:12 PM
And I also know the head chef of police of my area and they have never given a tint ticket for anything other then the front two doors or the windshield...
See when i give advice or tell a potential customer about the law, i relate it to STATE WIDE because that is how it is written. how it is enforced is like any law on the books, it all depends on the Officer Enforcing it, his or her interpretation of the law, among other things.
where my shop is located i get at least 1 -2 people with tickets a Week, from the county next to us not the one I am in. I may get 1 a month from the city that I am in but there are agency's and departments that enforce the tint law to the fullest.

StupidBikerBoy
01-13-2007, 01:17 PM
yea i was agreeing with you.
it all depends on the cop really so you're taking a risk

and i don't remember neg repping you at all, i actually had an incident where someone neg repped me back recently and i had never seent them.

my family from Ireland just left and had been here for 2 weeks i think my cousin got on here and did it bc shes a bitch, it auto logs me into this site and ur not the first person to tell me this.

i tried talking to b18hatch, but he said mods can't do anything, who is an admin i can talk to, to try and cancel out a neg rep?????

sorry for the confusion man

Its cool man, I didn't think you meant to do it cause you didn't seem to dislike what I said.:goodjob:

StupidBikerBoy
01-13-2007, 01:19 PM
And I also know the head chef of police.

You know the head Chef?? Does he cook it up?
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:goodjob:

nautiboi73
01-13-2007, 03:19 PM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Turbodude06
01-14-2007, 12:08 AM

LOL....

Dracc
01-17-2007, 03:50 AM
I have 27% all the way around.. not to light not to dark.. just right

Rican219
01-17-2007, 04:32 AM
Just got mine done yesterday, 20% Back glass and 28% on the rest. I will post up pics when it drys out in a few days.

I Likey