PDA

View Full Version : IA ENGINE/VEHICLE/PARTS SHIPPING THREAD

BABY J
01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Ok - every1 knows I got more than a few projects, but surprisingly enuff I have never had to LITERALLY ship motors or cars myself. The few times I have had to, I just leaned on shops to do so. I have been selling a few blocks, and have been lucky enuff to have people to come pick up. Enuff of the small talk though - who has the best shipping tips/tools/rates/ideas for shipping:

* common engine parts
* cars
* anything else u can think of

Also what tips have you learned over the years for sending these items safely and ensuring they w/out shipping damage.

For example, of you have a Lowe's/Home Depot (etc) part number for a particular shipping crate, or any ideas for prepping engines/cars for lower 48 shipping then post it up. I am getting to the point where I have had to turn down sells b/c I am lazy and don't wanna ship anything... I wanna break that habit this year to get more sales and also clear out the storage unit.

RandomGuy
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM
just wrap it with those giant rolls of plastic film stuff... ot keep them clean... put some dense foam between layers in a few spots.... get some metal wire and affix the engine or whatever to a pallet... affix it tightly... put the wire through all of the mounting holes on whatever it is that you see and wrap it mad times... then just drop it off to a freight carrier... like www.forwardair.com <<-- i think thats it

and they will charge you like under 100 bux to send that shit anywhere

like 60 bux to send it here to NY, basically regardless of weight (for example)

it'll get to the recipients local hub within 2-3 days for their pickup.. maybe even the next day?

BABY J
01-08-2007, 03:52 PM
... put the wire through all of the mounting holes on whatever it is that you see and wrap it mad times...

Hell yeah!!! Not a number, like 5 or 6. Not even "many" "multiple" or "several" --> but MAD!!! Takes notes kids --> wrap it MAD times. ;):goodjob:

+1

* keep 'em coming

Sushi
01-10-2007, 11:10 PM
To secure it to the pallet id use seatbelts. seatbelts are very strong dont tare easily.

BABY J
09-19-2007, 03:20 PM
UPS FTW!!!

I just shipped a 59lb B16A2 head for $27.59 (plus $12.74 to insure it to $1000). NOT BAD!!! And I watched them pack it - it's done RIGHT!!! Good stuff.

speedminded
09-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Make sure you put a ^^^ This side up ^^^ sticker on the cars, you don't want oil seeping over the piston and locking the engine up :tongue:

BABY J
09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
D'oh!!! Too late, they already sent out my scooby doo van upside down.

İhris
09-19-2007, 03:36 PM
www.yoparts.com/freetrial

2-3 day shipping most products and Wholesale Prices on OEM, JDM, aftermarket products....

30 day free trial w/ no CC needed. Sign up, look at the prices, buy what you can for 30 days.... if unsatisfied then cancel the account

EDIT*** N/M.... not really what you are looking for i think LOLs