PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Honda Civic Si *GSR OEM BUILT MOTOR, LSD TRANNY, OMNIPOWER AND MORE!!***

99SI
01-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Honda
Civic Si
B18C1 bottom end, PR3 head
110k miles (has more miles due to a speedometer malfunction that kept it from registering for a little while)
Electron Blue
VIN: available upon request from serious buyer

$9,000 OBO NOT CONSIDERING TRADES AT THIS TIME

As some of you may know I have done quite a bit to this car over the two and a half years I have owned it. As much as it pains me to sell my car, at this point in my life I have to let it go. I am starting a new career soon selling real estate and need a car that makes more of a professional impression than the Si. I will try to list all that Mainstream Performance and I have done to this car. Pictures will be up before the end of the day. Thanks for looking.

Interior: Stock with the exception of a Pioneer CD player, Razo pedals, Momo shift knob.

Exterior: Has some dings, has a spot on the drivers side quarter panel where some wonderful person decided it needed a key mark. I was told that the body kit that is on it is a Kaminari. I bought the car with it on there and am not into the show scene so I haven't fooled with it. It's full kit with front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper. Has tail lights from a 1998 EX, undercover yo! :ninja:

Wheels: 15x6.5 Konig Heliums which weigh 10.5 lbs each. Toyo T1-R tires all the way around that have about 85% tread left.

Brakes/suspension: front rotors are power slot, high end ceramic pads (can't remember exactly what brand), Earl's braided lines front and rear, Hawk HP+ pads on the rear. Omnipower coilovers front and rear. Suspension Techniques rear sway bar.

Engine: professionally built B18C1 block with approximately 2500 miles on the new build assembled with ARP rod bolts, ACL race bearings, OEM honda rings, PR3 (b16a2) pistons for higher compression. New lower gasket set, new type R oil pump shimmed, NRG aluminum cam seal,
PR3 head milled .030. Head was sent to DFE in Jacksonville Florida. Don put in bronze Ferrea valve guides, did a three angle valve job to clean up the valve seats, Ferrea valve stem seals, REV stainless valves, Rocket Motorsports M22X cams, Rocket Motorsports LSX valvesprings and titanium retainers, Skunk2 cam gears, AEBS intake manifold, Honda Prelude injectors (290?) Hondata Heatshield intake gasket, K&N typhoon cold air intake, SPARKS racing header (copy of the SMSP tri-y), NRG catch can custom mounted, custom straight through header back exhaust from MSPi (comes with two mufflers, one supertrapp black muffler and one polished Magnaflow muffler both flanged to swap out), skunk2 obd2-obd1 conversion harness chipped P28 ecu running crome engine management. Tuned for a VERY conservative setup running 13:1 A/F, stock ignition timing, and -1, -1 cam timing made 171whp 112lb/ft tq on MSPi Dynojet. The car has plenty of power left in it as evidenced from the fact it made 150 on low cam only and the motor doesn't make peak power until 8500 rpm. For a B18c1/b16a2 hybrid with a 4-2-1 header that is very high for peak power.

transmission: Stock Si transmission with the addition of a LSD from a 1997 JDM ITR, swapped in by a professional with a type R ring gear and pinion. Clutch is an ACT stage 2 organic sprung disc. The flywheel is an OEM GSR flywheel that was resurfaced before reinstalling with a new throw out bearing. Third gear has some grind at high RPM shifting, otherwise perfect.

I will include with the sale the stock PR3 ecu that I still have, as well as the stock air box, the stock exhaust manifold, and any other stock parts that I may have. Right now due to the size of the Sparks racing header the A/C is not installed on the car. All the A/C works and is in my shop. The A/C lines are still present and I have been told that with some modification to the lines and the fan shroud that you can make A/C work with this header. I decided to leave it off since it is winter and isn't really needed right now. All the A/C is in perfect working condition and only needs to be reconnected and charged. The car runs great and I hate to sell but that's the way life goes sometimes. I've got to join the grown up world. You can reach me by PM here.

Thanks, Michael

typerek
01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
pics yo

2.0civic
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
great post. Forgot a few things but you got all the time you need:goodjob:

im locking this for now to keep the trash out...just pm a FS mod or an admin and we will unlock it

2.0civic
01-08-2007, 02:06 PM
reopened

Good luck!

2.0civic
01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
and if this one is the "reincarnation" block the thread was about, someones getting a nice deal

devin
01-08-2007, 02:08 PM
did you buy it with those taillights on it??

2.0civic
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
lol thing in the front looks like a chevy symbol

99SI
01-08-2007, 02:10 PM
and if this one is the "reincarnation" block the thread was about, someones getting a nice deal
This definately is the reincarnation thread engine/car. Vteckidd and several others on here will attest to how well put together this car is. I had large plans to go full out this year with upper/lower control arms, starting to lighten it up and get ready for autox.... however, it is not to be. More PICS!

devin
01-08-2007, 02:11 PM
yeah it does, i would lose that kit with a quickness.

99SI
01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
did you buy it with those taillights on it??
no, unfortunately when I bought it it had "altezzas" so I found a kid with an EX that really liked my altezzas and I traded him. I thought it was a nice touch to go undercover with the EX tails. Most people don't know it's an Si and think I just have an EX that's been painted to be like an Si. The Vin number of the car confirms that it is definately a true Si.

99SI
01-08-2007, 02:14 PM
lol thing in the front looks like a chevy symbol
It's a Mugen badge. lol. I have wanted to go back OEM with the bumper from day one. However, my plans revolved around making the car go faster, stopping quicker, and handling better so the aesthetic part of it got put on the back burner. I did take off the 17" wheels and go back with the 15s and get rid of the altezzas so. :D

99SI
01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
More Pics

2.0civic
01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
It's a Mugen badge. lol. I have wanted to go back OEM with the bumper from day one. However, my plans revolved around making the car go faster, stopping quicker, and handling better so the aesthetic part of it got put on the back burner. I did take off the 17" wheels and go back with the 15s and get rid of the altezzas so. :D

LOL i was like WTF? Chevy symbol? lol. yeah man i guess i can see your point

Vteckidd
01-08-2007, 04:24 PM
sad to see her go.

for those taht dont know, its a 21 whp gain over a stock GSR. with TONS more power left in it. Scotty only tuned it for an hour or so, and its tuned very rich.

THis motor coupled with the short geared LSD trans makes for a awesome street car an auto-x car.

COnsidering STOCK SIs are going for this much, your getting the mods for free.

99SI
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks Mike. I will savor each trip home now since it may be the last in my baby. If I could afford to keep this car as a toy I absolutely would in a heartbeat. My current situation just will not allow it. Thanks for the looks and the comments for those that have made them.

Turbodude06
01-08-2007, 06:20 PM
looks really good.....:goodjob:

Vteckidd
01-08-2007, 06:41 PM
if you throw an OEM front bumper on it, its basically a "sleeper painted EX" posing as an SI

redzipper
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
sharp car!!! looks to be done right. i wanna meet up take a look at this. my name's kurt give me call 770 324 5204

WhiteAccord
01-08-2007, 08:00 PM
HMMM with what has said in this thread already its a true sleeper..... G/L

HeLLo iM iZzY
01-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Nice SI.

Dyno sheets?

puregroove
01-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Awesome deal! I would definitely consider it...

99SI
01-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the words. I contemplated listing it higher b/c many I have seen with extensive mods are higher, however, I feel that this is a very fair price for a nicely done Si with almost a brand new motor. Kurt from Adairsville seems to be serious about the car, although it is not a done deal yet. Any interest will be met with a reply. Thanks again for looking.

99SI
01-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Nice SI.

Dyno sheets?
I do not have the dyno sheets. I am sure that MR.KIDD could post them if he gets a moment to do so. I will see if he will do that if he gets a chance to.

dserieskid
01-09-2007, 10:06 AM
clean si

BABY J
01-09-2007, 12:31 PM
WTF!!!!! Sad to see this go man. :( I wish we would have had time to play (EF) a bit (me off the bottle). Wow - some1 is gonna get lucky! YOU CAN'T LOSE W/ THIS BUY!!! Why? B/c Mike could have gotten a complete B16A2 block for $300 - 400, swap it back to OEM and STILL sell it as an Si for this price, then sell/part-out this built block. Buying this elimnates a LOT of headaches peeps.

For every1 looking for a EF/EG/DCx etc. to swap, eliminate all of the headaches and just grab this Si. MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, this is the way to go. No matter how many times you build a car there are lots of gremlins... you can have 1 car payment and you will not need xtra money for modding b/c it's already a potent setup. Great power, but not so extreme that you can't lay some gas or boost on top of it later either - PLENTY of options left. I will miss this car.

99SI
01-10-2007, 09:15 AM
bump to let folks see it. Redzipper,Kurt, has the right to buy at this point on Saturday. If it goes through I will have the thread locked, if it isn't locked by Monday then the car should still be for sale. thanks for those who have looked and have had positive comments.

99SI
01-11-2007, 09:32 AM
ttt while sale is pending

99SI
01-12-2007, 09:30 AM
supposed to happen this afternoon. Bump til it does.