PDA

View Full Version : C6 Z06 pricing announced...

Ruiner
06-13-2005, 07:10 PM
A $65,000 base is very interesting. I would have a hard time paying over $72,000 (loaded) for a Chevy. This will end up exactly like the ZR1. It will sell initially and then fall off after 2 years. Chevy has taken the price out of the reach of the majority of its buyers. Many people on CorvetteForums have already cancelled their orders. Shame.

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/1245958a.jpg

Big Baller
06-13-2005, 07:14 PM
505hp (probally a little conservative)

Possibly one of the best handling cars of all time.

$65,000 doesnt seem that far out of line to me.

Maybe Ill buy some ones spot.

Matt

HyPer50
06-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Can't wait to see some drivin' around... The last Z06 was pretty damn impressive, this one is gonna be killer.. Although seeing as how I rarely see 05 vettes, I'll probably see a total of 1 06 Z06 next year heh.

kilpatty43
06-13-2005, 08:23 PM
god how i want that car...the things id do for that car

TKellarB
06-13-2005, 08:27 PM
::drool::

USDM TYTE HO!
06-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Good jump tho went from 405 to 505hp. sweet. Im with ruiner tho, the price range has gone to far now. Personally there is no way in hell i would pay 65 for a vette, i dont care if its a z500-lol. But the performance level is increasing obtaining comparability to exotics. Fortunately the vette was never an exotic, and i dont think tryin to make it one will work out too good. So ditch the exotic price.

HyPer50
06-13-2005, 09:05 PM
god how i want that car...the things id do for that car

I'll keep you in mind when I hit the lottery.

Brett
06-13-2005, 09:43 PM
I cant see how anyone feels $65k is a high price for what you get in that car... Dollar for dollar, the corvette is the best production car on the planet, simple.

Julio
06-13-2005, 09:46 PM
I cant see how anyone feels $65k is a high price for what you get in that car... Dollar for dollar, the corvette is the best production car on the planet, simple.

I wouldnt pay it.... and then get beat by a few CIVICS running around.. would make me return it.

Brett
06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Well no matter what you spend you are at risk for that, because there is always someone who will put that much into a civic or a car like it just to beat a car like that, Hell my dad used to eat them up in his Miata..... But you wont see a civic or many other cars flat out run like the vette and then handle like it also, when you put the whole package togther, Its well worth it.

DemonEyez
06-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I wouldnt pay it.... and then get beat by a few CIVICS running around.. would make me return it.

well you play that game. then theres a nother corvette out there to beat those civics.. then civics to beat those etc. etc. theres always a faster car. but in one your driving a civic. in the other a corvette.

Julio
06-13-2005, 09:55 PM
I wouldnt pay 40 for a corvette, just not a fan, sorry. and then 65K , negative.
great car, but not my thang =]

Brett
06-13-2005, 09:57 PM
45k is a great price for a basic C6, Id pay that in a heartbeat if I had half a education and good job...lol

Julio
06-13-2005, 10:01 PM
45k is a great price for a basic C6, Id pay that in a heartbeat if I had half a education and good job...lol

good down payment
good credit
will get you a good APR and great monthly payments hahhahaa

Brett
06-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Good point....LOL. I will just wait 2 years till some good low mileage used ones hit the market for about 30k

kilpatty43
06-13-2005, 10:18 PM
you are so my hero

Ruiner
06-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Well no matter what you spend you are at risk for that, because there is always someone who will put that much into a civic or a car like it just to beat a car like that, Hell my dad used to eat them up in his Miata..... But you wont see a civic or many other cars flat out run like the vette and then handle like it also, when you put the whole package togther, Its well worth it.

...and that, sir, is exactly why I bought what my car. Sure, there might be some faster cars out there (not many, but there are always exceptions). I could sell my car now for much more than the vette is worth, buy the vette, twin turbo it, and still break even. However, pure power isn't what I am going after.

Ruiner
06-13-2005, 10:20 PM
I wouldnt pay 40 for a corvette, just not a fan, sorry. and then 65K , negative.
great car, but not my thang =]

72k loaded

Vteckidd
06-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Fact:
its slicks and a good driver away from running 10s as a drag car

its quite possibly the best handling car ever produced

it uses F1 technoilogy, magnesium filled valves etc

its worth every penny considering itll outhandle and outperform cars in the 100K-140K price range (porsche, ferrari, lambo, etc)

yes its american, but who cares. the 80s and early 90s are over, america can produce good cars.

kilpatty43
06-13-2005, 10:49 PM
ok vteckidd youre my hero too...god i love corvette guys...

Vteckidd
06-13-2005, 10:50 PM
as far as resale value, Ruiner you are correct. A "super car" will always be moer pricey and attractive than a "chevy". ill agree with that

kilpatty43
06-13-2005, 10:51 PM
eh i disagree on that last part...the corvette is the sexiest car ever made at least in my opinion

Vteckidd
06-13-2005, 10:52 PM
0 -> 60 in 3.8 sec.

Top Speed 200 MPH

2,900 #'s

5.7 #'s/HP

Chassis & Suspension development by Pratt & Miller,
Aluminum Hydroformed frame produced by DANA
- 345/30x19 Rears
- 6 piston Front, 4 piston Rear Brake Calipers
- Cross Drilled (cast and camfered) Rotors (possibly Brembo)

Engine Development by KaTech
To be hand built by new HP Engine Plant

LS7 427ci/ 7.0L. 500HP/500 Ft Lbs (512 HP derated to 500HP)
- 2 OHV (3 OHV not necessary for target HP)
- Raced based CNC ported Aluminum Head with 70cc chambers
- 11.0:1 CR
- 46 mm (1.81") Titanium Intake valve
- 41 mm (1.61") Na filled Exhaust Valve
- 104.8 mm Bore (4.125") , 101.6 mm Stroke (4.0") Aluminum block
- Forgrd Crank
- Forged 6 bolt main Bearing Caps
- Titanium Rods
- Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons
- 0.591" Lift Cam (15 mm)
- Dry Sump
- 90 mm Throttle Body on Composite manifold
- Ram Air
any PRODUCTION car with those highlighted gets my approval

Vteckidd
06-13-2005, 10:56 PM
first, the nitty gritty. Chevy did everything that they did on that car for a reason. they PICKED pushrod over DOHC b/c they felt it offered them the best package of qualites they wanted in a motor.

1) pushrod engines are SMALLER than similar displacement DOHC motors. this allowed them to keep the LOW front hood profile they wanted.
2) pushrod engines are lighter, can be positioned lower in the chassis, and have a lower center of gravity than DOHC motors of similar displacement. This has obvious handling benefits.
3) there was no tradeoff as far as power production is concerned.
4) the transverse leaf suspension again allows them to keep the car as low as possible while maximizing suspension travel. The transverse leaf is actually a very ingenious design. It's very similar in function to pushrod actuated transverse coil spring dampers that most open wheel race cars use.

The only people that call into question the engineering of the c5/c6 are the haters that catch onto buzzwords such as pushrods/leaf spring/etc. They overlook all the amazing engineering that went into that car, hydroformed chassis (now the standard construction method for any production steel framed car with very high chassis stiffness goals in mind), the suspension that debuted on the 40th anniversary corvette, electronically adjustable shocks, could go from full soft to full stiff in a fraction of a second via varying viscosity electromagnetic fluid. Functionally the c5 was superior to anything in it's price range, period. It could hang with a 360 modena on a track (z06 could) for 1/4 the price. The c6 will continue that sort of price/performance.

Chevy engineered the c5 from the ground up. They looked at dohc engine designs and decided that for what they wanted to do, it just didn't make sense. They wanted torque, which means high displacement - you do a big v8 DOHC and it weigh a ton. If you make a DOHC small enough to where it can keep the same hood line & weigh the same as the ls1, you give up a lot of displacement, and there goes all your torque. Chevy is in the business to sell cars- the buyer for a corvette wants raw dog torque, and lots of it. So they had to comply with that no matter what, so low displacement high revs (ferrari) wasn't an option. The ls1/6 has one of the best hp/weight ratios of any v8 made today, but it constantly gets crapped on b/c it's a "pushrod."

sometimes what works best isn't the latest and greatest. props to chevy.

Vteckidd
06-13-2005, 11:01 PM
also remember the heads are close designs to the C5R heads (duh) and they flow 365cfm...so with light tuning and a cam per say you should see 600hp out of these, all motor.

ironchef
06-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Its a great car, and the package for the money is a fantastic deal, but when you break it down it doesnt look that appealing. I mean with a base price of $65k and the car doesnt even come stock with navigation, 6 disc cd player, heated seats, auto dimming mirrors or side air bags. This kinda of skews the price a little imo. Cars in that price range should have things like those built in not extra $3k packages.

HyPer50
06-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Wow, nice writeup vtec... Dunno if you typed that all yourself or got it from somewhere, but I learned a bit about the new vette from it lol. I can handle alot of the stock 03-04 Z06's, but looks like the new Z06 is gonna be busy smoking ferrari's, and wont have time to teach my lil ford a lesson.

Ryno
06-14-2005, 07:54 AM
I think it's a fair price. The price is higher than the c5 zo6 but it comes with a lot more upgrades and has 100 more hp. I'd buy it if I had the cash.

Vteckidd
06-14-2005, 08:10 AM
some if it was borrowed info, some copied, some my own

Brett
06-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Its a great car, and the package for the money is a fantastic deal, but when you break it down it doesnt look that appealing. I mean with a base price of $65k and the car doesnt even come stock with navigation, 6 disc cd player, heated seats, auto dimming mirrors or side air bags. This kinda of skews the price a little imo. Cars in that price range should have things like those built in not extra $3k packages.

Every car in that price range makes things like heated seats and navigation extra, If you want the goodies, You pay extra... Thats life

99SI
06-14-2005, 09:27 AM
I think it is a gorgeous car, and with the performance to outdo a stock viper look out. I do believe that Corvette may lose some of its former buyers from the c5 Z06, however, I believe the amount of people who would have never considered buying a Corvette that will jump all over this car will outweigh the ones it loses.

Julio
06-14-2005, 02:08 PM
I would dig up 30 or 40K and get something else.. hehe..

Spyder
06-14-2005, 02:39 PM
i read all the post in this thread and although i have more respect for the car to come it didnt make it any more appealing to me.

also one thing was said that it didnt make sense:
3) there was no tradeoff as far as power production is concerned.

thats BS and you know it. 2v/cylinder motors are terribly in efficent in comparision to other setups as well as sohc setups.

there may have been no tradeoff because their goal was 500hp but they could have built a smaller more efficent motor that produced that kind of power using both DOHC's and 4 or even 5 valve per cylinder configurations.

just my thoughts...

Vteckidd
06-14-2005, 02:42 PM
re-read my son

1) pushrod engines are SMALLER than similar displacement DOHC motors. this allowed them to keep the LOW front hood profile they wanted.
2) pushrod engines are lighter, can be positioned lower in the chassis, and have a lower center of gravity than DOHC motors of similar displacement. This has obvious handling benefits.

They looked at dohc engine designs and decided that for what they wanted to do, it just didn't make sense. They wanted torque, which means high displacement - you do a big v8 DOHC and it weigh a ton. If you make a DOHC small enough to where it can keep the same hood line & weigh the same as the ls1, you give up a lot of displacement, and there goes all your torque. Chevy is in the business to sell cars- the buyer for a corvette wants raw dog torque, and lots of it. So they had to comply with that no matter what, so low displacement high revs (ferrari) wasn't an option. The ls1/6 has one of the best hp/weight ratios of any v8 made today, but it constantly gets crapped on b/c it's a "pushrod."

civic95
06-14-2005, 02:52 PM
and they wonder why they are having problems. :jerkit:

How about building a car or cars that normal everday people (the majority) can own or would want to own.

Spyder
06-14-2005, 02:55 PM
I read it a few times, i understand what it says. i understand that americans are the same as they always have been and would prefer to have a motor out of a dumptruck in their car then a higher reving sports car motor. i know torque is the key to making useable power but so is using something past the technology of a 1973 lawnmower when it is available.

here is the irony of the comments. one says :

Chevy is in the business to sell cars- the buyer for a corvette wants raw dog torque, and lots of it. So they had to comply with that no matter what

and the other says:

Chevy has taken the price out of the reach of the majority of its buyers. Many people on CorvetteForums have already cancelled their orders.

i wonder which is true what the press is hyping or what the net is.

USDM TYTE HO!
06-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Personally i dont care what technology it is as long as im getting the power, and its working right for me. They could have spent a lot of money on a new engine, but why? Vtec is right, corvette owners dont want some high revving sports car, they want a monstrous, rumbling, torqy v8. On top of that its easy to get power out of it. 3k in a little honda might get u 250 hp. I could put 3 grand in my pushrod and have close to 400hp EASY! But then again thats stupid ass lawn mower technology :jerkit:

4dmin
06-14-2005, 03:23 PM
72k bahhhhhhh ya right....

sorry but its not a exotic sports car to me... i could buy the elise i want and a nice convertible 3 series for that amount :rolleyes:

Ruiner
06-14-2005, 03:24 PM
, however, I believe the amount of people who would have never considered buying a Corvette that will jump all over this car will outweigh the ones it loses.

...until those people take their Z06 in for service. Does Chevy make a habit out of giving loaner cars? No. Do they pamper you at the dealership when you bring your car in? No. With tax, tag, and title, a ~$70,000 car will be closer to $80,000. Most people that drop 80k on a car will expect some kind of "special" service. When I take my car in, you had better believe that I get treated as if I am #1. I have never seen Chevy do that. Perhaps they will change.

Mercedes does, Porsche does, even Lexus does. I promise you that many "high end" car buyers that pick up the Vette will dislike Chevy's service. They just can't compete (not like I expect them to, mind you). Sure, the C6 Z06 will sway new buyers from the high end market, but that won't last long when the reality of Chevy's service kicks in.

CMO
06-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Personally i dont care what technology it is as long as im getting the power, and its working right for me. They could have spent a lot of money on a new engine, but why? Vtec is right, corvette owners dont want some high revving sports car, they want a monstrous, rumbling, torqy v8. On top of that its easy to get power out of it. 3k in a little honda might get u 250 hp. I could put 3 grand in my pushrod and have close to 400hp EASY! But then again thats stupid ass lawn mower technology :jerkit:

But you forgot that hondas are made to get you from point a. to point b. without using much gas. They aren't made to get big power numbers out of them. Your comparing a sports car to a grocery getter.

99SI
06-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I read it a few times, i understand what it says. i understand that americans are the same as they always have been and would prefer to have a motor out of a dumptruck in their car then a higher reving sports car motor. i know torque is the key to making useable power but so is using something past the technology of a 1973 lawnmower when it is available.

here is the irony of the comments. one says :

Chevy is in the business to sell cars- the buyer for a corvette wants raw dog torque, and lots of it. So they had to comply with that no matter what

and the other says:

Chevy has taken the price out of the reach of the majority of its buyers. Many people on CorvetteForums have already cancelled their orders.

i wonder which is true what the press is hyping or what the net is.
The new Z will rev over 7k RPM's. The highest redline for a pushrod engine ever. I don't know bout you but 7000 RPM's putting out 500 horsies is pretty damn high revving. Especially when you consider the fact that it has 6 finely tuned gears to run through.

ironchef
06-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Yea compare the displacement you have in your pushrod to the displacement in the honda, no wonder the results turn out that way. I want to see how much power honda could engineer out of a 7 liter v-8 like the corvettes, im willing to bet it will be more than a z06.

HalfBaked
06-14-2005, 03:54 PM
This z06 isn't being pushed towards the average american. It is for someone who wants something about as close to a racecar as they can get.

Ford doesn't pamper their buyers but people still buy Ford GTs.

And don't forget Dodge, they have the Viper. Around similar price range.

The fact is, if you the price changing from like 65k to like 72k keeps you from buying this car you probably shouldn't be dropping that kind of cash on it anyways.

And I can't think of any other car I'd rather have then a c6 if I were to be dropping 40k...

Spyder
06-14-2005, 03:55 PM
The new Z will rev over 7k RPM's. The highest redline for a pushrod engine ever. I don't know bout you but 7000 RPM's putting out 500 horsies is pretty damn high revving. Especially when you consider the fact that it has 6 finely tuned gears to run through.

dont get me wrong i think 500chp is plenty especially with a 6 speed behind it but i just have a hard time justifying that amount of cash where it is moving to the price of exotics. i also dont like the fact they are using old technology in what is supposed to be an exotic car.

Vteckidd
06-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I agree with Ruiners statements if you put it in this context:

If a guy is shopping for a car that is a true exotic, he will look at a porshe/ferrari/lambo/lotus etc. Those are exotics, always have been, always will be. Those cars are associated with a different "genre" and "personality" than your typical vette owner IMO.

If a guy is shopping for a sports car, and wants power and handling, then he'll be swayed by the vettes cheaper price tag.

Ruiner you also get treated like #1 cause it prob costs you $5000 for an oil change. They better kiss your ass.

If you are a true CAR ENTHUSIAST, and love a car that is probably the fastest and best handling production car ever, then youll respect the vette. If you are in it for image and "im cooler than you cause i own a porshe/ferrari/lambo" then the vette is not for you.

What are you guys gonna do when your 140k car gets outhandled and out run by a All motor V8? well it doesnt matter to prob, cause you still own a porsche/ferrari/lambo.

but that vette owner will say "peece bitches"

Spyder
06-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Yea compare the displacement you have in your pushrod to the displacement in the honda, no wonder the results turn out that way. I want to see how much power honda could engineer out of a 7 liter v-8 like the corvettes, im willing to bet it will be more than a z06.

there would be no comparison because Honda wouldnt use 2v per cylinder and a single cam motor. they would use a DOHC setup with atleast 4 valves per cylinder which is why i made my previous comments.

Vteckidd
06-14-2005, 03:58 PM
there would be no comparison because Honda wouldnt use 2v per cylinder and a single cam motor. they would use a DOHC setup with atleast 4 valves per cylinder which is why i made my previous comments.
cmon man you cant give chevy VTEC POWA! ;)

Spyder
06-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I agree with Ruiners statements if you put it in this context:

If a guy is shopping for a car that is a true exotic, he will look at a porshe/ferrari/lambo/lotus etc. Those are exotics, always have been, always will be. Those cars are associated with a different "genre" and "personality" than your typical vette owner IMO.

If a guy is shopping for a sports car, and wants power and handling, then he'll be swayed by the vettes cheaper price tag.

Ruiner you also get treated like #1 cause it prob costs you $5000 for an oil change. They better kiss your ass.

If you are a true CAR ENTHUSIAST, and love a car that is probably the fastest and best handling production car ever, then youll respect the vette. If you are in it for image and "im cooler than you cause i own a porshe/ferrari/lambo" then the vette is not for you.

What are you guys gonna do when your 140k car gets outhandled and out run by a All motor V8? well it doesnt matter to prob, cause you still own a porsche/ferrari/lambo.

but that vette owner will say "peece bitches"

i dont think that any of this was directed at me directly but as i said in my first responce to this i have much more respect for the car after seeing how it is made and why. but it still doesnt help me look past the chevy idea that there is no replacement for displacement.. because that is wrong, its called technology and in technology comes things like DOHC, and forced induction.

Spyder
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM
cmon man you cant give chevy VTEC POWA! ;)

LOL .. maybe they could change up the block design a little to accomidate 2 B18 heads one for each cylinder bank..

99SI
06-14-2005, 04:03 PM
dont get me wrong i think 500chp is plenty especially with a 6 speed behind it but i just have a hard time justifying that amount of cash where it is moving to the price of exotics. i also dont like the fact they are using old technology in what is supposed to be an exotic car.
I don't understand what the problem is with the "old technology". It is reliable, is responsive to mods, and it still gets pretty damn good gas mileage when cruising. I don't know about you but Sodium filled valves, prodigious use of titanium, forged internals, and a race ported and polished head aren't exactly what I would call, "old technology." They took tried and true methods of building an awesome engine in a small lightweight package, applied "new technology," and badabing you got a bad ass combo, especially when you start getting into the chassis, body, and suspension.

Spyder
06-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I don't understand what the problem is with the "old technology". It is reliable, is responsive to mods, and it still gets pretty damn good gas mileage when cruising. I don't know about you but Sodium filled valves, prodigious use of titanium, forged internals, and a race ported and polished head aren't exactly what I would call, "old technology." They took tried and true methods of building an awesome engine in a small lightweight package, applied "new technology," and badabing you got a bad ass combo, especially when you start getting into the chassis, body, and suspension.

that IS old technology or it would not be "tried and true" new technology isnt tried and true its just new technology.. period.

you are right with the old technology of this motor it will be responsive to the old modifications (as vteckidd mentioned) such as a cam. you dont see alot of people that own a ferrari looking at the local raceshop for a new set of cams do you.. no its because it comes optimised out of the box and is designed for (again as was pointed out) a different kind of driver.

Vteckidd
06-14-2005, 04:09 PM
99SI for president

DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT DRY SUMP IS??!!

Spyder
06-14-2005, 04:12 PM

yea and i was surprised when i saw that in this design. the more i look at this motor it is alot like the old 427's... :)

USDM TYTE HO!
06-14-2005, 04:20 PM
The new z06 got that old skool dry sump? Well if so prolly to get that lower hood line and a few extra horsies under the hood.

99SI
06-14-2005, 04:44 PM
I have seen several Ferrari owners that have custom supercharger and turbo kits on their cars. Also, a Ferrari 360 Modena will not touch the new Z06, straightline or twisties. This car is built to rev as well as have the low end torque to boil the tires until the cows come home. By tried and true, I meant the use of the small block, pushrod, however advancements in alloys and head design allow for new materials that make the engine technologically advanced. There will only be a few cars that will out do the new Z06 and they are Enzo, Carrera GT, Pagani, Murcielago(maybe), Noble, Saleen S7, McLaren SLR, I really can't think of many others. The dry sump is rarely used because of the cost of it, although it is a superior oiling system to any other, because there is oil being constantly pushed through the engine while allowing the crank to spin free of any oil. There are very few production cars that have a dry sump system, (think Enzo) because that my friends is something "exotic". As has been stated before, there were many critics that said Ford would never be able to sell the new GT for 150,000 and the last time I checked the few that are for sale are bringing MSRP or more Used. Chevrolet is not looking to sell 100,000 Z06's it is a tribute to the capabilities of Chevy racing as well as Chevrolet as a company. There is a reason why the C5R swept the Rolex series with "old technology".

Ruiner
06-14-2005, 07:53 PM
99SI, the Porsche 911 runs the dry sump system. :)

Ruiner
06-14-2005, 07:54 PM
99SI for president

I do. :) Then again, my car has it.

HyPer50
06-14-2005, 08:05 PM
...until those people take their Z06 in for service. Does Chevy make a habit out of giving loaner cars? No. Do they pamper you at the dealership when you bring your car in? No. With tax, tag, and title, a ~$70,000 car will be closer to $80,000. Most people that drop 80k on a car will expect some kind of "special" service. When I take my car in, you had better believe that I get treated as if I am #1. I have never seen Chevy do that. Perhaps they will change.

Mercedes does, Porsche does, even Lexus does. I promise you that many "high end" car buyers that pick up the Vette will dislike Chevy's service. They just can't compete (not like I expect them to, mind you). Sure, the C6 Z06 will sway new buyers from the high end market, but that won't last long when the reality of Chevy's service kicks in.

The majority of Corvette owners aren't stuck up, ego maniacs. People dont buy Vette's to be pampered with there heated seats and navstar, a vette is a bout pure performance. Now with that said, NOT all Vette owners are like that, but I'd say it's more stuck up folks drivin' the exotics than the Vette's. Not saying all exotic drivers are stuck up, but the majority that I see are.

Vteckidd
06-14-2005, 08:14 PM
I do. :) Then again, my car has it.
wasnt direct at you ;)

Titanium rods, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ruiner
06-14-2005, 09:02 PM
The majority of Corvette owners aren't stuck up, ego maniacs. People dont buy Vette's to be pampered with there heated seats and navstar, a vette is a bout pure performance. Now with that said, NOT all Vette owners are like that, but I'd say it's more stuck up folks drivin' the exotics than the Vette's. Not saying all exotic drivers are stuck up, but the majority that I see are.

But you are missing the point: The higher price on the C6 Z06 will drive away "many" Vette Owners and bring in a new type (class) of people. You are looking at $75-80k after all is said and done when buying the new C6 Z06. That isn't cheap and it certainly does not allow itself to be included with "most" vette owners and their pockets.

I guess we'll see, but my bets are on my theory.

Kristi
06-14-2005, 09:06 PM
i wouldn't buy one of those ever - and if i were given one i would take it straight to the acura or nissan dealership and trade that bitch in! even if i won the lottery - i wouldn't buy heather one - i would give her a check and let her do what she pleased. but i couldn't bring myself to buy that car - i would rather have a new TL. :D

HyPer50
06-14-2005, 09:27 PM
i wouldn't buy one of those ever - and if i were given one i would take it straight to the acura or nissan dealership and trade that bitch in! even if i won the lottery - i wouldn't buy heather one - i would give her a check and let her do what she pleased. but i couldn't bring myself to buy that car - i would rather have a new TL. :D

.....back away from the pipe.

Brett
06-14-2005, 09:28 PM

But this from the girl who thinks her Maxima is hotter then a new vette!! :lmfao:

bigb996
06-14-2005, 09:45 PM
yea thats a lot id buy a used one. Corvette holds value better than like an escalade though were you pay 65k and its 35k the next year.

atlantamx3
06-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Speaking of "old Technology"... isnt the internal combustion engine old? I mean... wasnt it invented in the 1800s or something?? And lets not even get STARTED on how old the WHEEL is... LOL

Come on people.. the "old technology" argument doesnt stand up here.

4bangin
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm not even going to waste my time arguing either point, but I can't believe how ignorant and close minded some people are.