PDA

View Full Version : Clearing up Some questions and concerns

Vteckidd
06-13-2005, 06:58 PM
It seems everytime there is a thread about Mahdavi Motorsports, somehow me and jaime, and sam, and blk_jdm go at it and get into it. I would like to clear some things up.

I have nothing against MM or its employees or people that go there.

Recently there was a thread about the CRNSX and the UAB bodywork that was done to it.

In that thread i stated some facts that SAM from MM and I had discussed in another thread a few weeks back (with no altercation what so ever).

here are some facts for people that ask questions about the car that i received first hand from Sam Mahdavi himself, cause there have been numerous things posted about it given its recent transformation.

CRNSX ran 11.7s ALL MOTOR, NO turbo, NO NOS

It is STILL a Drag car, the misconception that the wheels "cant turn" is false as Blk_jdm explained. it has undergone extensive body work recently.

The car is now turboed, but it has not seen track time.

CRNSX made 445whp according to MM

The 11.7 was run on street tires, and not slicks. I believe sam told me that he wanted to stiffen up the chassis and make it more rigid now that it is making more power and that he wants it to hold up to grueling conditions given its a one of a kind car (rwd, subframe, etc) before he put slicks on it. This was the impression i was given by him in our other thread.

Anyways it got out of control again, and it was locked and deleted. I wanted to formally state that if my points came misconstruded as "bashing" that was not my intention. I was merely trying to explain some facts about the car, cause some people were making assumptions that were false. I think it was read wrong by BLK_JDM and was misinterrupted. I have since spoken to him by PM and everything appears ok.

if anyone cares, cool, if not lock and delete again. i just wanted to make some things clear to Jaimecbr900r and MM. I was not bashing, i was repeating some info i had gotten from MM. If i was wrong in any of my facts then i apolagize.

Mike

quickdodgeŽ
06-13-2005, 07:24 PM
As I stated in that other thread, your inital post in there didn't appear to be a bash post to me. Later, QD.

HyPer50
06-13-2005, 07:59 PM
how bout reading your pm's and hooking chris up with a job? lol

Jaimecbr900
06-13-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't think you're inherently a bad person, but I do think that your timing rubs some of us the wrong way sometimes.

Like I said in the other thread, sometimes you'd be better suited with just not commenting in those threads. Even with the best intentions, because of the history, it may not be interpreted that way initially. Just like I said and Julio later repeated, regardless of what is said here good/bad/or indifferent people are gonna go to the shop. Our back and forth went past the stage of retarded ages ago. Now, every Mahdavi anything thread people automatically expect it to go nuts, and it's always the same players.

Why can't we just squash this childish stuff and move on?

Brett
06-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Why cant shops just realize there is enough business out there for everyone and not worry about bashing, etc. If shops like that would work togther imagine what would come out of these garages.

T-Mo Goodie
06-13-2005, 09:56 PM
^^^true that!!

SLOWR/T
06-14-2005, 12:31 AM
i figure that car was for the salt flats not the drag strip. crazy looking but, badass none the less

Jaimecbr900
06-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Why cant shops just realize there is enough business out there for everyone and not worry about bashing, etc. If shops like that would work togther imagine what would come out of these garages.

Bud if you only knew how shops truly act behind the scenes, you'd be amazed. Most shops actually act cordial to each other and some even call each other for advice and stuff. Then you get one or two people that are unsatisfied about something, right or wrong, and they start bashing a shop. Pretty soon it snowballs into this big rivalry that didn't exist before.

Let me give an analogy: You have a handful of people that DIDN'T like their experience at X shop. By the same token, you have hundreds of satisfied repeat customers. Yet that shop is called a "bad" shop because of those handful of people. Is that fair? Does that really say anything about the shop in the grand scheme of things? You be the judge. Does it? It really doesn't. "X" shop could be ANY shop anywhere and it would still mean the same thing.

I've been a very voicetrous defender of my FRIENDS. Forget how much business and money I've spent at the shop. They are now my friends first and mechanics second. I take it personal because of that. It's hard for me not to. I'm just programmed that way. I have no problems with being cool with people. Hell, you know that Brett. This is why I said, let's just squash it and move on. I can certainly be amicable with anyone, so long as they are not taking pop shots at my friends. As long as they respect that, I have no problems with respecting them back. Same goes in reverse though.

Brett
06-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Trust me, I understand how you feel and see your point, And I agree with you sticking up for your friends, I would do the same for any of my friends, I would stand behind them and back them up anytime, anywhere for anything, Thats just how I am. My friends are important to me, and they know that.

But I just feel the HIGHER END shops like these 2 shops should work togther ( Not share customers ) but imagine how this scene would benefit from shops that have a weath of information came togther from time to time to help eachother out, You would see some of the hottest and best cars in the south roll these streets, Unlike that black POS Jamie drives!! HA HA HA HA HA HA

JUST PLAYIN JAMIE!!! YOU KNOW I HAVE MAD LOVE FOR THE LEXUS!! EVEN THOUGH MY CIVIC CAN TAKE IT ANYTIME!!! ( Well not really, cause it cant even beat itself, but still...lol )

Shawna
06-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Mike didnt i tell you to play nice??

99SI
06-14-2005, 09:39 AM
I will say that I was reading that post and nothing that was said by Vteckidd was bashing, however, given the history I could see that it would lead to nothing good. There was another thread at one time that someone asked about a swap or build, not really sure. Vteckidd came on and said that he would only reccomend a handful of shops, he listed Mahdavi as one of the shops that would be capable of handling it. Well, Sam got on and really bad mouthed Vteckidd, his shop, his abilities, and his prices and it got very out of hand. The bashing has definately gone both ways in the past and has been instigated by more than one person. I will defend Vteckidd and his shop to anyone anytime, as I myself am an extremely satisfied customer. To wrap this shit up I believe that all shops will make mistakes now and then, however, it is what those shops do afterwards in the way of making shit right that really tells wonders about their business. I have heard good and bad about both shops, personally I can only speak for my experiences with SRZ racing, and those experiences were excellent. I really don't believe that either shop has a personal vendetta or grudge against the other, it is just that egos and abilities have been rubbed the wrong way at times in the past which make for a quick fuse anytime something is said by one or the other.

99SI
06-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Mike didnt i tell you to play nice??
You told me that we were gonna play nice and I ended up playing nice all by myself and that is no fun.

Jaimecbr900
06-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Unlike that black POS Jamie drives!!

JUST PLAYIN JAMIE!!! YOU KNOW I HAVE MAD LOVE FOR THE LEXUS!! EVEN THOUGH MY CIVIC CAN TAKE IT ANYTIME!!! ( Well not really, cause it cant even beat itself, but still...lol )

I hear ya big dawg......it's all good, we'll run for giggles this weekend at TF, K?...... :D ....me and you, K?...... ;) :D We'll run for a beer. ;)

Brett
06-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Will you keep your car in park for me patna? lol

Jaimecbr900
06-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Will you keep your car in park for me patna? lol

I'll give you a head start, how's that? :D :lmfao:

Brett
06-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Cool, can I get a 1/4 mile headstart? :D

Hulud
06-14-2005, 10:07 AM
To wrap this shit up I believe that all shops will make mistakes now and then, however, it is what those shops do afterwards in the way of making shit right that really tells wonders about their business.
:goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
06-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Cool, can I get a 1/4 mile headstart? :D

We're gonna run for a beer Sat. you ho!!!!!! :slap:

Shawna
06-14-2005, 10:22 AM
You told me that we were gonna play nice and I ended up playing nice all by myself and that is no fun.

I dont know how to play nice.

Vteckidd
06-14-2005, 10:23 AM
the only "running" ill be doing is in my etnies.

one of these days my new motor will be done , well its done, i just need to get my chassis done

Brett
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
We're gonna run for a beer Sat. you ho!!!!!! :slap:

Then I will make it easy and save us both the time, and bring you a case of beer and call it a day...lol

Jaimecbr900
06-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Then I will make it easy and save us both the time, and bring you a case of beer and call it a day...lol

:lmfao: Don't worry, I'll share..... ;)