PDA

View Full Version : minime swap

95droppedhatch
01-07-2007, 06:41 PM
i am about to do a minime on my delsol. i already have the d16z6 motor in my delsol and my motor has a very small knock to it so i am going to pull the motor and build a minime but i am wanting to know if there is a plug that i need to pull off the d15 block so the v-tec gets oil to it. i have had some people tell me that i have to take a plug off the block and some people told me i dont i just bolt the head on any info would help and be appreciated

ranj
01-08-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah there is
in the pic
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/212/d15%20block.jpg

what you can do is, when you get to this part, the thing that i pointed out, you can stick a screw (woodscrew) in and pull at the wood screw with some pliers and it should come out.
i've been told vtec doesn't kick in w/o doing this.

95droppedhatch
01-08-2007, 06:00 PM
ok appreciate it

so all i do is put a screw in the and pull at it and it will come out

ranj
01-08-2007, 06:01 PM
yessir

95droppedhatch
01-08-2007, 08:17 PM
yea i went and pulled the head off the d15 motor and i see what you are talking about but it already has a little hole in it for the oil to come thru does it need to be bigger or something

ranj
01-08-2007, 08:22 PM
yeah it needs all of the hole free for vtec to kick in properly,
i read up on this alot b4 i had second thoughts about doing it b/c i have a b7 in my car, i'm just going to save up for LS swap.
but yea that hole isn't big enough.

95droppedhatch
01-08-2007, 08:35 PM
ok appreciate it and if you want i have a just a ls motor in my garage for sale or trade it only has 130,xxx miles on it it runs really good if you want it make a offer or if you have something of interest for trades let me know

ranj
01-08-2007, 08:41 PM
well i'm still saving up and i don't have that much money yet. but i'll hit u up when i get some more.

and no problem, always glad to help

95droppedhatch
01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
well i'll take 400 obo and it has everything on the motor i have the alt,ac compressor,and the powersteering pump for it just let me know when you want it

mx34life
01-08-2007, 09:02 PM
HEY WHATZ UP GUYZ THAT MINI ME SWAP IS OK BUT I"M NOT TO HAPPY WITH MINE BECAUSE IT JUST DOES NOT HAVE THAT MUCH POWER TO IT . BUT IT IS BETTER THAN STOCK:rolleyes: I GUESS

95droppedhatch
01-08-2007, 09:14 PM
well i know i wont be happy with it because i have done has a built jdm b16 with a type R tranny in a 93 si hatch and it was fast as shit and a ls in a hatch so this is my first sohc i have had so i am not really impressed with the single cams but i dont want to put a swap in it because as soon as i paint it i am selling it but i need to put another motor in it considering the motor i have now is starting to knock very slightly and i figured this would be the chance to try and do a minime and see how it is but well see hell i might get so pissed at it i might either throw a big ass turbo on it and boost the shit out of it or just throw nitrous on it who know what i will do

ranj
01-08-2007, 11:15 PM
HEY WHATZ UP GUYZ THAT MINI ME SWAP IS OK BUT I"M NOT TO HAPPY WITH MINE BECAUSE IT JUST DOES NOT HAVE THAT MUCH POWER TO IT . BUT IT IS BETTER THAN STOCK:rolleyes: I GUESS
the reason most of the minime's are slow is b/c they use the non vtec engine equiped IM or tranny, this makes a big diff.
in ur case though ur using the tranny, head, and IM from the z6 engine so it should be about the same as b4.
oh and the comp. is gonna be a bit higher so u probably wouldn't want to boost it too much.
g/l

95droppedhatch
01-09-2007, 06:29 AM
yea i figured it would be higher comp. i also heard if you get the d16y8 headgasket and take the middle layer out it will be a little higher too