PDA

View Full Version : Misc 50 Cent on Luda, condoms and books...

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Friday - January 5, 2007 by Jolene "foxxylady" Petipas

50 Cent recently revealed to the New York Post that he has plans to release his own brand of condoms.

The Queens, NY rapper, who launched his G-Unit Book imprint via a book signing yesterday (January 4), hopes his condom venture will promote safe sex effectively and plans to donate a part of the proceeds to HIV awareness.

During Thursday's signing, 50 introduced a series of books which included The Ski Mask Way, Death Before Dishonor and Baby Brother.

The G-Unit honcho also has plans to make all the books into films. A screenplay for The Ski Mask Way has already been written and the movie will be shot in the summer.

"The novels are the harsh realities in certain situations," 50 explained toThe Post. "And the actual honest content in the music and the books are a spin-off of that reality. That's what hip-hop about them is. In The Ski Mask Way particularly, there's a character named Seven that's based on me. And there's a portion where he's incarcerated and has to make decisions about his life and how things spin out of control. I've been in a similar space, but I was able to hold on and not spin out of control."

50 also divulged that he is writing a book titled 50 Laws of Power with author Robert Greene. The book will be an urban take of Greene's 48 Laws of Power.

In related news, 50 recently appeared on Howard Stern's Sirius Satellite Radio Show and blasted Ludacris for not defending himself when he appeared on Oprah Winfrey's talk show.

"What's her name? Ludacris, he spent his time on the show in a fetal position," 50 scoffed.

50 has been taking shots at Winfrey for criticizing hip-hop artists and not inviting them to her show. In a recent interview with Elle Magazine, he accused Winfrey of "being black on the outside, but white on the inside," because she only deals with issues affecting middle aged white American women.

Later, QD.

Bballjamal
01-07-2007, 08:23 AM
If he wasn't so lame, a snitch, and sucked at life(not financially obviously), he'd be an ok guy!

Infinite
01-07-2007, 09:14 AM
fuck 50

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
here come the haters.....

Don't knock the mans hustle....You guys just don't know shit.

Julio
01-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Still taking shots at Oprah.. hahahah he still dont got Oprah money...

Any of you heard of the adds being run in NEW YORK on the sides of the transit buses?

A big ass poster of 50 promoting his flavor of the VITAMIN water...Holding a fucking poodle... hahahhahaha That motherfucker is wack...
you would think he would be holding a more "manly/urban dog" .. but nope.. a fucking poodle... hahahah you know who hes trying to target...

He wants some of that oprah money too...

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I didn't say anything about the dude, lolol. Nothing wrong in what I pasted with 50 here...except for his "beef" with Oprah. That's ridiculous. But the books and pro-protection is straight. Later, QD.

nolaRyder
01-07-2007, 10:21 AM
that oprah shit is true tho...well at least about ludacris. she definitly looked over him while she did that show for the movie crash.

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 10:21 AM
. hahahah you know who hes trying to target...

His normal fanbase? The suburban, white, middle-class teenagers? Later, QD.

Julio
01-07-2007, 10:22 AM
I hope luda response back or something...

I dont like Luda or 50.. But I think Luda will hammer 50.

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 10:23 AM
. But I think Luda will hammer 50.

I don't care for either of them, myself, but I agree with you on this one. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 10:23 AM
His normal fanbase? The suburban, white, middle-class teenagers? Later, QD.

aren't you white? :thinking:

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Fuck oprah i never really liked that dumb bitch anyway, shes just another dumb whore with money and a tv show

Julio
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
The situation is... Oprah's Fans look like they dont listen to hip hop.. Now why would she want that... Honestly , theres other important things going on...
Is oprah show's.. just because she's black she doesnt have to "just" be cattering to black people.
Oprah is more of PEOPLES person.... she show cases of all races...I respect that.

I havent seen any other Black motherfucker in the U.S go drop 40 million dollars in AFRICA... Or Drop 80 Million for the N.O. Katrina Victims...
But she gets put on blast for spending 40 Million over seas.... That 500% ignorant..
Just like 50 is.

Shit is lame...

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Were all ignorant in some way shape or form. Truthfully i could care less what other people do with there money but you have to understand hip hop isn't just music anymore it's a lifestyle. When oprah disses rappers or hip hop in general shes dissing alot of peoples lives. I mean it's not like rappers talk about talk show host in there rhymes and how fucked up the talk show game is....

Oprah was just being a dumb bitch, Like most women can be at times.

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 10:37 AM
aren't you white? :thinking:

Yessir. But didn't you see the "teenager" part. I'm far from that. Also, I didn't say all white people. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 10:38 AM
The situation is... Oprah's Fans look like they dont listen to hip hop.. Now why would she want that... Honestly , theres other important things going on....

Especially since all hiphop, these days, is just glorifying the most everything wrong in society. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Especially since all hiphop, these days, is just glorifying the most everything wrong in society. Later, QD.
Hip hop isnt the only thing glorifying whats wrong with society.....have you watched CNN lately?? Been to a movie lately?? Society itself is glorifying whats wrong.

Julio
01-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Were all ignorant in some way shape or form. Truthfully i could care less what other people do with there money but you have to understand hip hop isn't just music anymore it's a lifestyle. When oprah disses rappers or hip hop in general shes dissing alot of peoples lives. I mean it's not like rappers talk about talk show host in there rhymes and how fucked up the talk show game is....

Oprah was just being a dumb bitch, Like most women can be at times.

Find a link or something Where OPRAH is talking BS about HIP HOP... good luck finding one. Oprah had not said a word man...

Hip Hop is not a lifestyle man, Unless you are a follower.. I love rap music.... But I dont let that shit affect me in anyway......
Unless Hip Hop puts money on " your " table.. is not your lifestyle.

:D

Julio
01-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Hip hop isnt the only thing glorifying whats wrong with society.....have you watched CNN lately?? Been to a movie lately?? Society itself is glorifying whats wrong.

atleast CNN is somewhat Correct, even though they are anti bush.. but thats another topic.... anyways, But yeah, I see it at the movies all the time and driving down the streets...

Dudes walking around w/ white tee's , grills, there pants sagging.. acting all hard... when They are not....

Who you want to blame for that? .. NIRVANA??

Thats what I thought...

:lmfao:

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 10:49 AM

You're exactly right, Mark, but tell me when the last time you saw people walk down the street dressed up as a "Pirate From the Caribbean" or as John McClane from Die Hard and started causing all kinds of shit. Doesn't really happen. Don't get me wrong, people are responsible for their own actions and neither movies nor music should be held accountable. But more people identify(or want) themselves more with the rap "lifestyle" than they do with Honey I Shrunk the Kids. And these days, rap is all talk about violence and drugs and how much money you can get from it. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 11:00 AM
atleast CNN is somewhat Correct, even though they are anti bush.. but thats another topic.... anyways, But yeah, I see it at the movies all the time and driving down the streets...

Dudes walking around w/ white tee's , grills, there pants sagging.. acting all hard... when They are not....

Who you want to blame for that? .. NIRVANA??

Thats what I thought...

:lmfao:

Nirvana has there share of "followers" too. Yeah all those long hair jnco jean wearing, skateboarders that O.D off cocaine and methahpedamines and etc....

You're exactly right, Mark, but tell me when the last time you saw people walk down the street dressed up as a "Pirate From the Caribbean" or as John McClane from Die Hard and started causing all kinds of shit. Doesn't really happen. Don't get me wrong, people are responsible for their own actions and neither movies nor music should be held accountable. But more people identify(or want) themselves more with the rap "lifestyle" than they do with Honey I Shrunk the Kids. And these days, rap is all talk about violence and drugs and how much money you can get from it. Later, QD.

LoL i agree to disagree, There are a bunch of movies that came out were people in some way create a lifestyle for it. Star wars ring a bell? Or how about those people walking around in matrix outfits when the matrix came out??? the list goes on.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Maybe i just know too many rappers and people that take this shit seriously, Yes there are people that revolve there life around writing rhymes down and making music. People live there lives different....

The same thing could be said about people who street race and spend there life savings on making there car go faster. They don't know any better and to them it's a lifestyle but who are we to judge what others do with there lives???

Only the man above can judge.

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 11:04 AM
There are a bunch of movies that came out were people in some way create a lifestyle for it. Star wars ring a bell? Or how about those people walking around in matrix outfits when the matrix came out??? the list goes on.

Ahhhh, dude, lolol, I thought of that, but I was going at the angle where a person's actions directly affect society. Those Star Wars/Star Trek nerds have their conventions and meet up and discuss that shit and all, but I don't think that is embraced as an actual "lifestyle" like rap music. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Maybe i just know too many rappers and people that take this shit seriously, Yes there are people that revolve there life around writing rhymes down and making music. People live there lives different....

The same thing could be said about people who street race and spend there life savings on making there car go faster. They don't know any better and to them it's a lifestyle but who are we to judge what others do with there lives???

Only the man above can judge.

Like I said, I do like what he is doing about helping with protected-sex. Later, QD.

1SICKLEX
01-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Funny thing is most people that watch Oprah, buy 50s records......oh the irony

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Funny thing is most people that watch Oprah, buy 50s records......oh the irony

Hypocrites is what we call those people.

Nomad!
01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Is oprah show's.. just because she's black she doesnt have to "just" be cattering to black people.
Oprah is more of PEOPLES person.... she show cases of all races...I respect that.

I havent seen any other Black motherfucker in the U.S go drop 40 million dollars in AFRICA... Or Drop 80 Million for the N.O. Katrina Victims...
But she gets put on blast for spending 40 Million over seas.... That 500% ignorant..
Just like 50 is.

Shit is lame...
Nuff Said!

thinkfast®
01-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Find a link or something Where OPRAH is talking BS about HIP HOP... good luck finding one. Oprah had not said a word man...

Hip Hop is not a lifestyle man, Unless you are a follower.. I love rap music.... But I dont let that shit affect me in anyway......
Unless Hip Hop puts money on " your " table.. is not your lifestyle.

:D

/thread

cant knock 50's hustle but he's a lame for dissin Oprah, thinkin its gonna affect her $$$$$.. they have a similar audience (white suburbia) but 50 dont got that Oprah money, thats what he dont get.. Oprah aint losin no sleep off some sellout snitch from CT :lmfao:

purplehazing
01-09-2007, 06:54 PM
wow i've heard it all "i hate Oprah Cuz 50 Cent says so."thats the lamest thing i ever heard, but on the other hand thats your opinion and that u are able to have. unfortunately