PDA

View Full Version : Legal question.

scabtastic
01-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Say there is a 1/8 mile drag strip in the paulding county area thats been closed down for a while. There is no sign that says private property (ill have to look real good for one) or no trespassing at the entrances to the strip. How much trouble can someone get in for racing there if a police officer shows up.

RandomGuy
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Say there is a 1/8 mile drag strip in the paulding county area thats been closed down for a while. There is no sign that says private property (ill have to look real good for one) or no trespassing at the entrances to the strip. How much trouble can someone get in for racing there if a police officer shows up.
lol just act like you own it... set up fences up front and cone gates... have music playing and balloons so it looks semi legit HAHA they'll think you own the place or something.

.blank cd
01-07-2007, 01:19 AM
where is this at in paulding?

Id assume it'd be ok, as long as yall arent on public roads. The worst they could do is tell you to stop and go home right?

slowrolla97
01-07-2007, 01:20 AM
lol just act like you own it... set up fences up front and cone gates... have music playing and balloons so it looks semi legit HAHA they'll think you own the place or something.
Dude i will run you with my boosted legend.

imbosile
01-07-2007, 01:20 AM
kind of like the same scenario as the varsity burnouts, cops can't really do anything

but i guess they could get you for trespassing, then your fuct

.blank cd
01-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Would it be out of the view of the street? if no one can see yall then yall should be ok right?

I thought they could only get you for tresspassing if someone actually owned the place and pressed charges or somethin.

Sushi
01-07-2007, 02:12 AM
wheres it at?

imbosile
01-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Would it be out of the view of the street? if no one can see yall then yall should be ok right?

I thought they could only get you for tresspassing if someone actually owned the place and pressed charges or somethin.

Well someone has to own the place, it's just a matter of them finding out. Is the place still well lit at nght?

Bballjamal
01-07-2007, 02:19 AM
In the long run, you could get more fucked than racing on public streets! Happened to a guy holding early morning races at an old to shit landing strip! I think it was said he was condoning and sponsoring an illegal activity on private property or some jazz! After being held for awhile, if the owner doesn't press charges you can still get a minor ticket for what you were doing but it won't include the condoning an illegal activity on private property thing!

I dunno, fock it!

Humphrizzle
01-07-2007, 03:37 AM
i think it would be cool.. you should find out who owns it and buy it.

babygurl
01-07-2007, 06:14 AM
criminal trespassing...not worth the bullshit

scabtastic
01-07-2007, 10:54 AM
its not lit at night....me and my buddies were thinking about doing it in the afternoon...and its not in sight of the road...its near East Paulding High School in Dallas...but i was thinking if there wasnt a sign or anything all they could do is say leave.

Curmudgeon
01-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Sounds like the old Dallas Dragway that closed down last year. Give it a shot. If you get busted, all they can really do is charge you w/trespassing, write you a ticket for illegal racing on private property, take your license, impound your car, and take you to jail.

Not so bad-

Seymour222
01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I heard a lot of people are already doing this at Dallas.

97prelude
01-07-2007, 11:54 AM
find out who owns it. that would be a good place for runs or even some meets.

EmminoDaGreat
01-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Alot of people do this already, go in the side gate and flag them... i live right down the street

Seymour222
01-07-2007, 12:01 PM
James Flags the blowjob contests..There is a cash prize.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 12:03 PM
If the cops come just race your ass outta there...FUCK THEM PIGS

Mr_Mischif
01-07-2007, 12:16 PM
^^FUCK DA LAW

SoLJames95
01-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I live like a mile from there, and yes its private property. I play bball at the rec center next to it. They have a cop that patrols it at night. They are fixin to build houses there. And if there not patroling it, and they are driving by the place they will stop in to look. Although that would be the shit if you could pull it off.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 12:22 PM
"BREAK DA LAW WE AIN'T PLAYING BREAK DA LAW WE AIN'T PLAYING"

ECMgarrett
01-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Sounds like the old Dallas Dragway that closed down last year. Give it a shot. If you get busted, all they can really do is charge you w/trespassing, write you a ticket for illegal racing on private property, take your license, impound your car, and take you to jail.

Not so bad-

hahhahahahha

id look really hard for a no tresspassing sign before going in there

sirkus
01-07-2007, 12:40 PM
criminal trespassing...not worth the bullshit

Exactly.. And they do take you to jail, and impound your car. Been there, done that. :yes:

Are you talking about that place off of East Paulding dr.?
Didn't know that place closed..

scabtastic
01-07-2007, 02:24 PM
it is the dallas dragway...but i mean if they didnt want people in would there be a big sign?....liljames...we've met before...i dont know if you remeber im usually up at discount tire talking to Kyle Woodard...but yeah i really wish they'd open the place back up...

SoLJames95
01-07-2007, 02:53 PM
No they dont have to put anything. They are putting houses there. People starting trying to race there. Thats why they have police patrolling it. There were rumors of it to reopen. I talked to a guy who use to work for Hardy, and he said that he sold the land for $5 Million dollars. :(

Dallas Dragstrip
1947-2005
R . I . P

scabtastic
01-07-2007, 05:03 PM
oh well damn....oh well.