PDA

View Full Version : s13 temperature problem

bxiong
01-06-2007, 10:33 PM
i just swapped out a radiator on a 1992 240sx and the temperature is still going up pretty high? do i need to switch out another thermostat or water pump. anyone have any ideas how i can fix this problem.. please private message me or respond on this thread.. thanks.

Fr33way
01-07-2007, 07:37 PM
System flushed? Clogged radiator?

Does the fan come on (thermostat activating)?

RandomGuy
01-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Does the fan come on (thermostat activating)?
lol wtf?

the temp switch controls the fan

thermostat valve if sticking will block flow... check that first... just remove it alltogether and if that helps you know what the problem is.

oh yeah is there any coolant leaking? is it smoking? Check the dip stick to see some semen-looking shit. sure its not just a blown Head gasket or somethin crazy?

Jecht
01-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Check the heater core. Mine had a leak and I didn't notice the carpet slowly getting wet over time.

eclipse24
01-08-2007, 08:43 AM
It may have a air pocket in it try jacking the car up and run the car with the radiator top off for about 30mins and see if that doesnt do it the head gasket could be bad

Z U L8R
01-08-2007, 09:50 PM
it could be a lot of things.

most common would be you need to burp it, then comes thermostat you can tell if it's your thermostat because the engine temp will be warm but the lower radiator hose will be cold. thus coolant is not flowing passed the thermostat

you can tell if it's your heater core if one of the hoses that go into it are hot and the other one is cold. thus there's a restriction blocking the coolant from flowing through the heater core

really the only other problems it could be are water pump which would probably just leak before it wouldn't pump,your fan clutch is bad thus your fan is not spinning fast enough to suck any air through the radiator...you have a restriction in the motor cause some jack ass put stop leak in it, or the first time it overheated you warped the head and blew the headgasket and it's consuming coolant.