PDA

View Full Version : racing ticket??

2.0civic
01-06-2007, 05:38 PM
my buddy got pulled over today leaving work in his saleen and got a ticket and arrested for "racing"...he just told me he just got out of jail and that he wasnt even racing. He admitted to me that he was speeding but the officer didnt put speed or anything on the ticket just "racing" "wreckless driving" and codes for those. He is 21 and this is his first ticket. Should he plead nolo or just fight it? He said he may have been doing 80 (stupid anyway) but he said he wasnt racing at all. Does the officer have to right any clocked speed at all down or is there any way he could win?

Thanks

Crazy Asian
01-06-2007, 05:40 PM
~wait for Ruiner~

PhAtBoYMr2
01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
well i think if he gets convicted for street racing you lose your license for 6-12 months depending on what the judge or soliciter says. If he wants to keep his driving license then he may want to use his no low

MachNU
01-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Its probably Display of Speed...or what ever that stupid ass thing is. Something where if you get up and go real fast, even not racing anyone its like Wreckless Driving and Display of Speed! Still wait for Ruiner!

~The_Duke~
01-06-2007, 05:52 PM
In Ga to give a ticket for 'racing' they must catch both people involved or 2 of them. If he wasnt 'racing' and no one else was pulled over he should be fine...

2.0civic
01-06-2007, 05:55 PM
In Ga to give a ticket for 'racing' they must catch both people involved or 2 of them. If he wasnt 'racing' and no one else was pulled over he should be fine...

just him. he said that a benz rolled up next to him and punched it and flicked him off so he was like whatever, then they pulled up to a light and he said they took off normally then out of nowhere the benz just punches it and her gets pulled over. im sure theres more to it but he said that the officer was a dick about it and impounded the car and everything instead of letting his dad come get it

*waits for ruiner

~The_Duke~
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
just him. he said that a benz rolled up next to him and punched it and flicked him off so he was like whatever, then they pulled up to a light and he said they took off normally then out of nowhere the benz just punches it and her gets pulled over. im sure theres more to it but he said that the officer was a dick about it and impounded the car and everything instead of letting his dad come get it

*waits for ruiner

So the lady in the benz got pulled over and so did he? If so that is prolly why it is a 'racing' ticket.

Ya ruiner will have a def answer, but I think I correct on this one cas of past experiances of almost getting arrested for racing...

2.0civic
01-06-2007, 06:28 PM
So the lady in the benz got pulled over and so did he? If so that is prolly why it is a 'racing' ticket.

Ya ruiner will have a def answer, but I think I correct on this one cas of past experiances of almost getting arrested for racing...

no, marshall was the only one who got pulled over lol. Sucks though either way

~The_Duke~
01-06-2007, 06:31 PM
no, marshall was the only one who got pulled over lol. Sucks though either way

yup it does...

I am just glad dominic is a smart guy...lol cas he didnt get pulled over...

David88vert
01-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Get a lawyer.

soul
01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Damn saleen drivers :ninja:

97prelude
01-06-2007, 06:45 PM
he needs a lawyer. the judge will always take a cops word over anyone elses. id suggest that in the mean time he go ahead and do definsive driving for this can be used as trade bait in court.

GermanMuscle
01-06-2007, 07:56 PM
get a lawyer for sure. if it was in gwinnett, i dont know how it is when your 21 but under 21 you HAVE to lose you license for at least 6 months. i think if your 21 its the same thing except for that you can get a work permit license

2.0civic
01-06-2007, 07:57 PM
get a lawyer for sure. if it was in gwinnett, i dont know how it is when your 21 but under 21 you HAVE to lose you license for at least 6 months. i think if your 21 its the same thing except for that you can get a work permit license

loganville so im not sure if thats walton of gwinnett..hes over 21 though

Ltdnismorace
01-06-2007, 08:03 PM
in most areas of the country if convicted of a street racing offense it means immediate impound of the car and up to but not exceed a 10k dollar fine, OUCH.

Bballjamal
01-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Definately get a lawyer! If you were actually racing I'd just recommend getting a court appointed attorney because there wouldn't be much of a fight. My first ever violation was a Reckless Driving and I eventually got my license taken for 6mnths, $512 in total court fee's, and did community service at min wage to pay it off (which was easy as hail, just time consuming). Community service can be working at a job with no pay or helping out a car shop(hint hint) or other business with no pay (hint hint)!

You may be able to fight it pretty good and get any fines dropped decently by just showing that you're generally a good guy and did something stupid. I've also found with small stuff like this, unless you have good evidence or something, admitting to stupidity works out for the better. Hit me up if you have any in depth questions! I've been to court too many times for dumb mistakes!

2.0civic
01-06-2007, 08:07 PM
in most areas of the country if convicted of a street racing offense it means immediate impound of the car and up to but not exceed a 10k dollar fine, OUCH.

its cool..money isnt really an object for him in this situation....lol, he just turned 21 and has a new saleen....

~The_Duke~
01-06-2007, 08:11 PM
admitting to stupidity works out for the better.

Yes yes it does, that is how I got out of my 'racing' ticket...

2.0civic
01-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Yes yes it does, that is how I got out of my 'racing' ticket...

you didnt have to admit anything lol

Ltdnismorace
01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
its cool..money isnt really an object for him in this situation....lol, he just turned 21 and has a new saleen....

damn good point, must be nice

~The_Duke~
01-06-2007, 08:16 PM
you didnt have to admit anything lol

nah I looked the cop in the eye and told him that I wasnt racing and I was screwing around acting stupid and he gave me a verbal warning not to do that again after asking me if I knew the guys in the car that was next to me...

GermanMuscle
01-06-2007, 08:17 PM
loganville so im not sure if thats walton of gwinnett..hes over 21 though

ouch, i was told that the court is corupt there. my friend got probation for a speeding ticked there and he was only 15 over or so.

~The_Duke~
01-06-2007, 08:21 PM
ouch, i was told that the court is corupt there. my friend got probation for a speeding ticked there and he was only 15 over or so.

that is fucked up man...

soul
01-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Loganville will give probation almost to anyone under 25 for any ticket.

1SICKLEX
01-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Get a lawyer.
Get a lawyer.

1SICKLEX
01-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Maybe he could not pay the money for his ticket and he had to be put on probation until he paid it off.

Sol-Badguy
01-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I got a racing ticket a few years back, and I got my license snatched for a year, and had to take defensive driving. The fine was $407.

Maybe because I was only 17?

But I've never heard of the car getting impounded on the spot.

Maniaç
01-07-2007, 12:37 PM
he's an idiot for getting caught

IntegraXTR
01-07-2007, 12:41 PM
my buddy got pulled over today leaving work in his saleen and got a ticket and arrested for "racing"...he just told me he just got out of jail and that he wasnt even racing. He admitted to me that he was speeding but the officer didnt put speed or anything on the ticket just "racing" "wreckless driving" and codes for those. He is 21 and this is his first ticket. Should he plead nolo or just fight it? He said he may have been doing 80 (stupid anyway) but he said he wasnt racing at all. Does the officer have to right any clocked speed at all down or is there any way he could win?

Thanks

plead NOLO, and if its in gwinnett the price is $420, no probation. He could try to fight it, but he would spend more time and money fighting it than its worth. Unless he gets a lawyer and negotiates with the prosecutor for a deal.

2.0civic
01-07-2007, 12:47 PM
he's an idiot for getting caught

its a auto saleen...its slow and he doesnt race it which is why he got rid of his integra cause he got out of that shit

Maniaç
01-07-2007, 12:51 PM
its a auto saleen...its slow and he doesnt race it which is why he got rid of his integra cause he got out of that shit

ok..... so since he got out of it... why did he get caught doing the one thing that he is trying to move on from?(Racing)

bottom line is why racing if its not organized? answer me that. He's an idiot for getting caught... thats it

PhAtBoYMr2
01-07-2007, 12:54 PM
ok..... so since he got out of it... why did he get caught doing the one thing that he is trying to move on from?(Racing)

bottom line is why racing if its not organized? answer me that. He's an idiot for getting caught... thats it

Iv'e gotten in alot of races unorganized, You know those days when your driving down the freeway and a ferarri or viper pulls up and you guys just want to test the limits of you car. Yeah thats unorganized racing...

People get caught racing,People get caught speeding, if you drive like a dumbass cops will treat you like a dumbass

If you can do the crime, you can do the time.

2.0civic
01-07-2007, 12:57 PM

he got out of it and got pissed off cause the guy flicked him a bird and what not. he got back up to them, had some words, and dropped back and thats when he (and he only) got pulled over And all the ticket said was racing and wreckless

VTECin5th
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM

he's got a point

o_bomb
01-07-2007, 01:01 PM
damn

Maniaç
01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
he got out of it and got pissed off cause the guy flicked him a bird and what not. he got back up to them, had some words, and dropped back and thats when he (and he only) got pulled over And all the ticket said was racing and wreckless

What! Are you serious! Damn.... it fucking sucks that now speeding for vehicels(???) that look like imports or teens driving them will give you a ticket for racing.
Wreckless!!!! what county did this happen in?

2.0civic
01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
he's got a point

once again, please read the thread before you respond:goodjob:

Maniaç
01-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Iv'e gotten in alot of races unorganized, You know those days when your driving down the freeway and a ferarri or viper pulls up and you guys just want to test the limits of you car. Yeah thats unorganized racing...

People get caught racing,People get caught speeding, if you drive like a dumbass cops will treat you like a dumbass

If you can do the crime, you can do the time.

yes i've done acouple of those... played with a lambo. diablo once :D

Ruiner
01-07-2007, 10:02 PM
You are going to need an attorney. The problem is that you really don't know exactly what the officer is going to say in court. What he saw is going to weigh a lot on the judge's decision. Also remember that your "friend" is only telling his side of the story (which may or may not contain the full truth). I've seen friends of mine LIE and leave out "certain" details before.

Get an attorney (a good ol' boy in the county will be your best bet as he knows people in the court system) and see what he has to say. If he wrote down that you were racing, he probably has reason to believe so (whatever that reason was). Hopefully a lawyer will be able to discredit those circumstances. This is a VERY serious ticket in terms of your license. DO NOT play around and take this lightly.