PDA

View Full Version : 240 electrical problem help!

Djlin
01-06-2007, 10:16 AM
92 Nissan 240sx with s15 silvia front end

i checked the headlight connections everything seems normal..

problem:

my car has been acting up lately.. like with the lights and it somehow starts affecting alot of other electrical components. like ill try turning on the headlights and they dont come on instead the parking signals get frozen and stay on and i cant turn them off or signal left or right and parking lights stay on too. if i turn off the car with it frozen i won't be able to start my engine..

i was wondering if it had to do with the headlight wiring? maybe something shorted out? possibly fuses? i don't think its the alternator because my battery isn't dying..

i was able to start the car when i disconnected the battery and then reconnected the power with the headlight switch off. so as long as its not in the "frozen light mode" i would be able to start the car.. have any idea what might be causing this..? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks..

also if i used the front wipers the wipers would get stuck and lose power..

anyone know of what i can do/ should do? i can't drive at night anymore which really bothers me and school is starting soon anyone ever encountered this type of problem?? plz help thanks!

green91
01-07-2007, 01:09 PM
ive heard of this happening before, the tire rubs through the body harness in the driver's side wheel well.

Z U L8R
01-08-2007, 07:04 PM
check the bulbs, the filaments sometimes break on one side then lay on the other side and backfeed the circuit on dual filament bulbs. start with any bulb that you see is "out"

Djlin
01-08-2007, 11:05 PM
thanks for the replies.. i dont know.. after i rewired one of the headlights i havent really had the problem anymore..

EmminoDaGreat
01-08-2007, 11:07 PM
always check charging system first, go from there