PDA

View Full Version : Digital Speedos with heads up display

~The_Duke~
01-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I think everyone has seen the 89ish S13s with the lil digital clock looking speedo that shoots up into the corner of the windshield.

I want one in my Sentra...

I have heard that some years of maximas had it and those older S13s, but has anyone ever seen or heard of one install on a Spec V Sentra?

Discuss...

sebastianHoff
01-05-2007, 10:43 PM
no, eat shit and die or buy an s13 coupe.

personally id rather eat shit and die.

Cool Cat Racing
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
To get the one in the S13 to work you will need the reflector on the glass. Its not bright enough to reflect off the glass without it and the reflector is not removable. As for making it work, you would need a speed sensor calibrated the same as the S13's or it wouldn't be accurate. As Sebastion said, well in other words anyways, it would be better to just buy an S13.

~The_Duke~
01-06-2007, 03:19 PM
To get the one in the S13 to work you will need the reflector on the glass. Its not bright enough to reflect off the glass without it and the reflector is not removable. As for making it work, you would need a speed sensor calibrated the same as the S13's or it wouldn't be accurate. As Sebastion said, well in other words anyways, it would be better to just buy an S13.

but I dont want an S13 lol

Someone told me that some year of maxima had a simlar speedo type thing...since I have never seen one I dont know if they work with a reflector or not...They make reflector type sticker things that you can put there for it to reflect off of...

Maki
02-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Just coupes had them. Grand prix and corvettes had them too. I had some in a couple grand prix's. the ones in the 13 suck ass and never work well. heads up just suck in general. You really dont want or need it, it gets annoying after a while.

SpecV_Scott
02-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Just buy a DEFI one.

http://shop.edoperformance.com/defi-vsd-basis-p-3363.html