PDA

View Full Version : Omh Resistance.

Whitebandit
01-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Would someone tell me what the ohm resistance would be on a 91 b18a1 tps sensor on closed and wide open?

Fr33way
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I would try to find a factory service manual online.

scttydb411
01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
usually you check voltage.
.45v closed, 4.5v + wot.

why are you checking resistance?

Whitebandit
01-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Im checking to make sure its working. I dont know if its the tps or not but my car idles up and down for the first 10 mins. or so. Process of a limanation. I think thats how you spell it.

scttydb411
01-06-2007, 02:35 PM
i always check voltage and not resistance (don't know resistance values) when troubleshooting tps, map, etc sensors. it's pin d11 on obd1, but i don't know off the top of my head regarding your obd0. find a pinout diag of your ecu and take the cover off and hit the pin lead going from the ecu connector to the board w/ your volt meter.

SLow_POke
01-06-2007, 03:07 PM
usually you check voltage.
.45v closed, 4.5v + wot.

why are you checking resistance?

sctty right you check voltage on the tps . if you have a real time MM you can also find brakes as your opening/closing the TB.

also you ahve a idle problem , on a honda thats RARE. does it only do it at idle or idle fluctuates even when the engine is warm?

Whitebandit
01-06-2007, 09:04 PM
sctty right you check voltage on the tps . if you have a real time MM you can also find brakes as your opening/closing the TB.

also you ahve a idle problem , on a honda thats RARE. does it only do it at idle or idle fluctuates even when the engine is warm?

When it warms up it dont do it. I found out today when I was coming home I turn the lights on and it did it once or twice and idled back down like it supose to. Maybe Im not getting the full 12v on the system if that would cause this problem.

ranj
01-06-2007, 09:58 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=88966
check that one out, may be of some use to u.

Whitebandit
01-06-2007, 10:26 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=88966
check that one out, may be of some use to u.

Thanks.

scttydb411
01-07-2007, 09:10 PM
typically they will idle higher when cold and idle down lower as they warm up...some times it'll bounce until it warms up. when you turn on accessories that pull a lot of power it should cause your idle to bounce up and then back because the eld is making an adjustment to insure your car won't stall by the extra electrical demand. if you have a/c you should see it happen there too.

if you have a socketed/chipped ecu they sometimes are more apparent as well. depending on the program it may be able to be lessened a bit.

green91
01-07-2007, 09:20 PM
scotty ftw. turboedit master

Whitebandit
01-08-2007, 04:15 PM
typically they will idle higher when cold and idle down lower as they warm up...some times it'll bounce until it warms up. when you turn on accessories that pull a lot of power it should cause your idle to bounce up and then back because the eld is making an adjustment to insure your car won't stall by the extra electrical demand. if you have a/c you should see it happen there too.

if you have a socketed/chipped ecu they sometimes are more apparent as well. depending on the program it may be able to be lessened a bit.

Well I came to realize thats properly the case with my car. I've cleaned sensors replaced the tps and still the same. I do have a chipped ecu but no a/c,p/s just a turbo b18. Thanks for the input.

ranj
01-08-2007, 04:34 PM
did you try the thing in that thread link i sent u, worked for me fixed the same up and down idle situation.

Whitebandit
01-08-2007, 04:56 PM
did you try the thing in that thread link i sent u, worked for me fixed the same up and down idle situation.

Yes I did but in my throttle body it only has one hole not two in pic. you had. I took the fitv off anyway but no screw just a plunger that goes up and down.

ranj
01-08-2007, 05:01 PM
ohh ok
well i hope u can fix this.

Whitebandit
01-08-2007, 05:09 PM
ohh ok
well i hope u can fix this.
Thanks anyway.