PDA

View Full Version : Delsol info thread

markopolo311
01-04-2007, 10:46 PM
This is gonna be my official thread for trying to figure out what the history of this car is. I'm gonna need the help of EGLover119, Dirty Octopus, Annhilation, EG2, and EVO8marlon if possible since i've heard you guys owned this car.

I think it's been hit in the rear (bondo, drum brake on 1 side, disc on the other) which one is stock? I'm pretty sure this is why the parking brake doesn't work either. Either way, i'd like to get them matching, so where can i get a match? (what kind of car)

Has anyone tried to pass emissions with the new motor installed? It seems to be running rich judging by the exhaust.

there's some aftermarket coilovers on the front, where do i put the nuts for the softest ride possible? Did whoever put these on adjust for toe-in / camber?

Any one got some delsol parts lying around? namely the center console, glove box, etc?

I'll put somemore stuff up later, any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Dirty Octopus™
01-05-2007, 03:23 PM
i cant help you with the drum thing because when i let it go it had disc brakes in the rear. but if i recall the left trailing arm was bent so i wont be surprised if annhilation or EG2 swapped it out for a drum. (del sols never came with drums)
if i were you id get a whole integra rear disk conversion from someone for around $150 or so. really any Honda with rear disk (trailing arm, e-brake cable, and everything i.e. some EX civics and all integras ) should work.

The coilovers that are in the front were NOPI #1s i took off of an integra along with the OEM shocks. you can raise and lower them but i believe to get a softer or stiffer ride you may want to invest in some adjustable shocks... Oh yeah there is no camber kit so if you want to adjust "toes" and what not, get a camber kit. :goodjob:

BRB, The Dirty Octopus 2007™ :bump:

nofive-0
01-05-2007, 04:28 PM
You can adjust toe and camper on stocks suspension. Just not as far as you can with a camber kit.

markopolo311
01-05-2007, 04:45 PM
so i can go pull the rear arm off an integra in a junkyard to make this thing 4 wheel disc again?

thepolecat
01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
yes- or some people have it for sale on here= look in "parts for sale"

typerek
01-05-2007, 07:04 PM
or you should just give me the del sol and i'll worry aboiut it lol

markopolo311
01-05-2007, 07:18 PM
it's not mine to give, just to worry about :tongue:

2.0civic
01-05-2007, 07:24 PM
i cant help you with the drum thing because when i let it go it had disc brakes in the rear. but if i recall the left trailing arm was bent so i wont be surprised if annhilation or EG2 swapped it out for a drum. (del sols never came with drums)
if i were you id get a whole integra rear disk conversion from someone for around $150 or so. really any Honda with rear disk (trailing arm, e-brake cable, and everything i.e. some EX civics and all integras ) should work.

The coilovers that are in the front were NOPI #1s i took off of an integra along with the OEM shocks. you can raise and lower them but i believe to get a softer or stiffer ride you may want to invest in some adjustable shocks... Oh yeah there is no camber kit so if you want to adjust "toes" and what not, get a camber kit. :goodjob:

BRB, The Dirty Octopus 2007™ :bump:

sure about the whole del sol didnt have drum thing?? my 93 del sol S had them and so did my buddys. Not saying youre wrong, just curios as to why mine would have had drums

markopolo311
01-05-2007, 07:50 PM
So i decided to go ahead and see where i was Emissions-wise and got it tested today. The normal guy wasn't there and the girl running the machine couldn't keep it on the machine straight. She also said the car didn't have enough power to run the test in the correct gear. She also didn't quite realize the parking brake wasn't working and decided to strap down the right side of the car but not the left. go figure.

So the bottom line is that the test results say my Hydrocarbons and CO emissions are about 20 times what they should be and the NOx readings are about 1/20th what's allowed.

Lastly, where's the engine in this thing from? Will it ever pass the emissions for a 93 delsol with this older distributed engine? D15z1 SOHC i think it was that the engine actually is.

2.0civic
01-05-2007, 07:51 PM
damn that sucks..want to sell it lol

markopolo311
01-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't have bought it. It's gonna require alot more time than i've got handy to get it nice again, but you know women.....

Sushi
01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Well, pretty much ALL projects have there unforseen costs. I wouldnt recommend starting a project without knowing that. Its gonna cost you more then you think.

Sack Attack
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
if your car wont pass emissions take your ass to hapeville DMV, get a replacement title for like 10 bux, and give them an address in a city that dont have emmisions (like where i live, covington) and you wont need it to be a "real" address cause they hand you the title right then, so no mailing it...haha it is a fool proof plan, then take ur ass to covington and get your tag sticker ahha

markopolo311
01-06-2007, 10:06 AM
if it was close i might do that but this car definately needs something done to it. The thing runs so rich that the rear bumper is speckled black. I'm trying to figure out if the ECU that's installed if the right one for this engine. The only identifiable marks on the computer look like serial numbers.

2.0civic
01-06-2007, 10:09 AM
if it was close i might do that but this car definately needs something done to it. The thing runs so rich that the rear bumper is speckled black. I'm trying to figure out if the ECU that's installed if the right one for this engine. The only identifiable marks on the computer look like serial numbers.

putthe serial number here and we can tell you wha it is

markopolo311
01-06-2007, 01:15 PM
here's the sticker on the outside

markopolo311
01-06-2007, 01:26 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/markopolo311/ECU.jpg

here;s the guts

The BUCKY
01-06-2007, 02:00 PM
del sols did come with drums. i had to do a conversion to mine.

markopolo311
01-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Bump for the ECU pics

which one is the part # and which one is a Serial #?

markopolo311
01-08-2007, 06:26 PM
ttt

markopolo311
01-11-2007, 04:13 PM
ok, found out it's got the original ECU, whos got one for sale for a D15z1?