PDA

View Full Version : yeah another thread for 17 yr olds

Brut
01-04-2007, 10:06 PM
I need a new Job now since I quit my last one. Any job will almost due! I use to work at Noodle Mi at the Mall of GA. Being the bitch of the place I was the Waiter, Bus boy, dish washier, helped cook somtimes, and janitor. I can use a stupid Cash register. I am still in high school and on average I would work about 42 hours a week there getting paid 6$ an hour. When I was a waitier the didn't allow me to keep the tips I earned so I told the people not to tip me. I never got paid overtime even though they said I would and worked 12 hours on saturdays. So any job will do kinda I've applied at alot of places but no word yet. I'm looking for a job in the Gwinnett, buford area. If anyone can help me out I would apperciate it! :D

2.0civic
01-04-2007, 10:07 PM
thats shitty...

slowrolla97
01-05-2007, 03:35 AM
I have found that pizza delivery is an awesome way for people under 18 to make cash. When i was driving i was bringing in an avg. of 15/hour with tips and commision

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2007, 04:09 AM
I need a new Job now since I quit my last one.

This is where you fucked up. NEVER quit a job without first having one lined up. Later, QD.

n2daizo123
01-05-2007, 07:14 AM
This is where you fucked up. NEVER quit a job without first having one lined up. Later, QD.
I have to agree with you on that one.

Brut
01-05-2007, 07:38 AM

Exactly what my parents and my g/f's parents told me.

I have found that pizza delivery is an awesome way for people under 18 to make cash. When i was driving i was bringing in an avg. of 15/hour with tips and commision

What pizza place will hire me? I checked out Papa Johns and Dominos and they require you to me 18 to deliver. Havn't checked out any Pizza huts yet but i'm gussing they do the same thing.

Halfwit
01-05-2007, 08:09 AM
yeh i thought ot deliver pizza u had to be 18.

the way i am i would never quit my only job b4 i have another, i have two jobs now, and am putting in applications to get another, btu wont quit one of mine til its definate i have the other.

Brut
01-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah it was really stupid of me to quit my job without having one waiting for me. Also if anyone knows a place that will hire me, I would perfer them to pay me on time too. At Noodle Mi they usually paid me a week after I was exposed to get paid and all. Every time pay day was comming up they would tell me that they had lost my check in the mail.

2.0civic
01-05-2007, 02:37 PM
yeh i thought ot deliver pizza u had to be 18.

the way i am i would never quit my only job b4 i have another, i have two jobs now, and am putting in applications to get another, btu wont quit one of mine til its definate i have the other.

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU MANAGING THAT?

2.0civic
01-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah it was really stupid of me to quit my job without having one waiting for me. Also if anyone knows a place that will hire me, I would perfer them to pay me on time too. At Noodle Mi they usually paid me a week after I was exposed to get paid and all. Every time pay day was comming up they would tell me that they had lost my check in the mail.

BASS PRO HIRES ALL THE TIME MAN LOL. 8.50 OR SO STARTING OUT AND ITS EASY

MachNU
01-05-2007, 09:31 PM
You turn 18 what next week? You can get a job at sams club at Gravel Springs and 20 when you turn 18, as either a cashier or a cart guy, the lowest paying position in that store is 9-9.40(cart guys) 9.70-10 (cashiers) with around 27-30 hours a week! Good pay! Let me now if you apply next week i can maybe get yuoa job!

slowrolla97
01-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Exactly what my parents and my g/f's parents told me.

What pizza place will hire me? I checked out Papa Johns and Dominos and they require you to me 18 to deliver. Havn't checked out any Pizza huts yet but i'm gussing they do the same thing.
Well I am not sure the case but I delivered pizza at papa john's and a local place called zappolie's when i was 16 and 17. I guess I lucked into the job then. I dont know. Sorry for the bad information

Brut
01-07-2007, 10:33 AM
You turn 18 what next week? You can get a job at sams club at Gravel Springs and 20 when you turn 18, as either a cashier or a cart guy, the lowest paying position in that store is 9-9.40(cart guys) 9.70-10 (cashiers) with around 27-30 hours a week! Good pay! Let me now if you apply next week i can maybe get yuoa job!

I'll come by a fill out an application after my b day. I'd apperciate it if you could help me out and getting a job! :D

Nismo
01-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Fluffer!!

auxiliary
01-07-2007, 05:23 PM
screw getting a job....just take documents to court saying how your last employer didn't follow labor laws with minors. Since you are under 18 and still in school you're not suppose to work 40 hours a week, or even handle most kitchen equipment.

lol, try another restaurant since you have experience in that, or if you want to get out of the food industry try walmart or target.

Brut
01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
screw getting a job....just take documents to court saying how your last employer didn't follow labor laws with minors. Since you are under 18 and still in school you're not suppose to work 40 hours a week, or even handle most kitchen equipment.

lol, try another restaurant since you have experience in that, or if you want to get out of the food industry try walmart or target.

Could I seriously go and do that court thing? Also I applied at Walmart today just like 30 mins ago too.

Brut
01-07-2007, 08:29 PM
NVM I looked up and checked out the Hour Restrictions ans it says that I can work unlimited amount of hours when you are 16 and 17 years old.

Dietcoke
01-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Try applying for a job on the detail side of a large car dealership. I made $9+ an hour working at Buford Auto Plaze back in the day (now mall of ga chrysler jeep dodge) and did nothing but have fun, BS, wash cars, and move cars around the lot. Got to see, sit in, and move/drive all kinds of cool cars too

DrivenMind
01-07-2007, 09:04 PM
QuikTrip pays good, has good benefits, and a reasonably flexible schedule. Start at $8.25 an hour with a raise after 6 months. Also they let you pick up over time at stores all over the place if you want it.

greasemunkey
01-07-2007, 11:00 PM

seriously, i wouldn't do that anyway, future employment will be a bitch....I wouldn't hire you if i found out you sued your old company:screwy: