PDA

View Full Version : Is official.... AT&T Finally buys Bellsouth.....

Julio
01-03-2007, 09:32 PM
After all the talk, is official.

But AT&T got owned, somewhat..

They have to stop what bellsouth currently does... and thats...

In order for you to have bellsouth DSL you need there phone Line... that will be removed pretty soon..

And the idea AT&T had of creating internet "TOLL" , pay AT&T to view certain pages... They got shot down...

WTF was AT&T thinking with that? Destroy the internet.... fuc* That...

anyways.. interesting shit..

Hulud
01-03-2007, 09:34 PM
i find it funny

that they are buying themselves LOLOL

cause bellsouth was created cause at&t was a monopoly

Nittanys1
01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
damn its been a long time for them to get everything finished......fuck both of the companies and there HORRIBLE customer service!!!

Nemesis
01-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Glad I quit that bitch. LOL

TIGERJC
01-03-2007, 10:00 PM
WOW I told my mom (works at at@t) that at@t was going to come back together someday back in 1998. I wonder if they will turn back into the power house they once were

Hulud
01-03-2007, 10:02 PM
WOW I told my mom (works at at@t) that at@t was going to come back together someday back in 1998. I wonder if they will turn back into the power house they once were
doubt it, cause then they will be split up again

then 8 years later have to buy their pieces back

talk about pwnage

Jimmy B
01-03-2007, 10:05 PM
i hope i can get rid of my buisness phone, and jsut keep my DSL..

ORGANIZATIONXIII
01-03-2007, 10:10 PM
maybe they'll lower my damn monthly bill on phone/net charges..

beetches

Crazy Asian
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I just hate phone companies. DIAF YOU GREEDY BASTARDS!!!

STI LOVER
01-03-2007, 10:57 PM
I just hate phone companies. DIAF YOU GREEDY BASTARDS!!!

:stupid:

tony
01-03-2007, 11:07 PM
That whole no dial tone with DSL thing is going to be a nightmare for technicians.. I could go all into it but it would be boring. Basically there will be a good amount of people getting their phone service accidentally cut off because essentially we wont be able to tell the different between a line that has been disconnected or a line that has dsl without dial tone.

Either way I've been on vacation since the merger so I'll find out some info next week when I go back.

David88vert
01-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I had to work the entire merger. We got notice at 5:30pm on Friday that we would start at 6pm. I ended up working all night, and all the next day into the night. Then back on Sunday again.

AT&T isn't trying to put a toll on the internet. If anything, what they are proposing is to save the consumers money.
I'll simplify it a bit.
Imagine you have a company with shareholders, and you offer a service. In order to create a better, faster service, you have to spend money on R&D. In order to be financially responsible, you have to show the shareholders a good return on their investment. You can't just give it away obviously.
Now, you have 5% of the companies out there using 90% of the bandwidth being used. And they want faster pipes where they make more money. But they don't want to contribute to the cost. They say pass the buck to the consumers.
You offer the companies an option - continue using the current pipes for free, or pay an additional amount to guarantee that their packets of information are delivered as quickly as possible.

Think about it, if you sent a letter via USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc, you have the option to pay a little additional to guarantee a fast delivery.
You as a consumer pay for your water, your gas, your electricity, etc - by the unit. You don't get to pay a flat charge and then use as much as you want on water, gas, or electricity -why should companies that make $4billion+ a year AND use massive amounts of bandwidth pay the same amount as a small business owner struggling to get by - and he only uses the connection for email.
It works like this: If AT&T can't charge more for developing newer, better service, why would they spend money developing it? That doesn't make good fiscal sense. You can't go back to the board of directors and say, "We have this new service that we spent $100 million researching, developing, and deploying, but we are going to give it away." You would definately get fired on the spot. Just try telling your boss that you have some new items that cost him $50 each, and you are going to sell them for $40 each. See what he says .....

I follow all of the news of the telecommunications industry closely. And I look at all sides. I am definately not a "company man" - I'm only a contractor for the company, not an employee. And I'm guessing that AT&T will probably cut my job soon, but I am able to see how business should be run. No one is saying charge more for the current level of service. AT&T just wants to offer enhanced services that can make them more money.

2.0civic
01-04-2007, 08:12 PM
lol i heard throught the grapevine there wont be anymore cingular...going back to at&t...can anyone confirm or deny that?

IndianStig
01-04-2007, 08:16 PM
repost?
well if you watch CNN it is. hahaha

but yeah umm, i can't wait for my dsl to cut off and the extended customer service wait times!

i loved bellsouth, amazing service and ppl, this also means my mom will probably be laid off (bellsouth-outsourcer). so that means no new car for me! fuck yes. second time in 5 years.

fuck compaq/hp. soon to fuck bellsouth/at&t

Echonova
01-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Cingular will go away, but will take awhile. AT&T will keep Cingular's cell system and trash theirs which is outdated POS anyway.

2.0civic
01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Cingular will go away, but will take awhile. AT&T will keep Cingular's cell system and trash theirs which is outdated POS anyway.

which is why we had to upgrade everyone or they pay an extra $6 or some shit a month. i heard they were phasing it out by august 08

ahmonrah
01-04-2007, 10:04 PM
repost?
well if you watch CNN it is. hahaha

but yeah umm, i can't wait for my dsl to cut off and the extended customer service wait times!

i loved bellsouth, amazing service and ppl, this also means my mom will probably be laid off (bellsouth-outsourcer). so that means no new car for me! fuck yes. second time in 5 years.

fuck compaq/hp. soon to fuck bellsouth/at&tfunny you say that, cause i was working at HP for bellsouth as a dsl tech and got laid off when outsourcing was cool for companies to do...so my motto was "fuck compaq/hp and fuck bellsouth."

2.0civic
01-04-2007, 10:06 PM
damn

ShooterMcGavin
01-04-2007, 10:42 PM
don't use either company so whatever

ahmonrah
01-04-2007, 10:45 PM
damnit was crazy, i survived the COMPAQ/HP merger only to get canned when BS decided to outsource. ne-way, the past is just that.

incawarrior
01-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Glad I quit that bitch. LOL

I took a severance package and dipped. BellSouth needed new leadership. Old man Duane had no clue where the future was headed.

David88vert
01-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Nemesis, I think I saw your email still listed in some of the apps I picked up recently. You can never truely get away.

1SICKLEX
01-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I was one of the casualties when #($()#() AT&T was shrinking like a penis in pool water. Our entire center got closed.

I moved on but now I see they are also company of the year in Forbes.

I got severance and my 401k and pension and stocks but still.......

sigh....