PDA

View Full Version : Oh hell motherf*cker yeah!

Ran
01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
My VA Benefits went up $20 from $480 to $500 a month! :bump:

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 01:19 PM
WHAT?? VA?? YOU?

Sammich
01-03-2007, 01:21 PM
u goin to virginia for $500?? sweet

Ran
01-03-2007, 01:28 PM
WHAT?? VA?? YOU?21yr old disabled veteran. Joined on the split-op program when I was 17, 2 months before 9-11. Signed up for 6 years, only got to serve 2. Sucks. :(

Short Story
Got injured during a routine training exercise. Fell 40ft and permanently relocated my spine. Honorably discharged under medical and now get paid $500 a month for the rest of my life since the injury will get worse and greatly hinder me in the future. I still can't sleep flat on my back or stomach.

Long Story
Unit was doing a training exercise at Fort Benning on the repel tower. You know the one, where you latch up to the rope and scale down the wall. Anyway, I was getting hooked up and my instructor turned to say something to another soldier. He turned back around without looking and elbowed me, sending me falling, or rather flying, off the tower. I wasn't latched up yet. Had I fallen straight down, I would have landed on the safety mat. However, it seems like Asians are aerodynamic as I flew out instead of down. I overshot the safety mat and landed flat on my back on the ground. I woke up in the ambulance.

For 9 months I couldn't stand up straight needed help with everything. Walking, climbing in and out of bed, getting food, everything. I stood, sat, and slept at a 90 degree angle. After extensive physical therapy and multiple visits to the chiropractor, I could finally stand up straight. They had to re-adjust my muscles to contour to my spine's new resting position. Consequently, I was deemed unfit to serve due to the extent of my injury and the future impairments(sp?) that it will put upon my body.

Now, here I am.

Sammich
01-03-2007, 01:32 PM
wowzerz...go go gadget helicopters..

go go gadget thats whats up

STI LOVER
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
dang, that's messed up. but at least u get money out of it.

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
damn dude that sucks balls

Rabunchic
01-03-2007, 01:41 PM
damn man sorry about that. I think they should give you more money than that

Ran
01-03-2007, 01:49 PM
damn man sorry about that. I think they should give you more money than thatIf my injury gets worse or if I become even more dependant due to the injury, I can get more. As for now, I'm fine with where it's at.

Sammich
01-03-2007, 01:51 PM
yea..and $500/month 'free money'(except a f'd back) and u can work on top of that...i wouldnt complain for nothing..u know what i could do w/ $500/month..

Rabunchic
01-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Free money where do you get that from. Do you realize how much pain this man was in and will continue to go through because of his CO fucking up and not paying attention?

Sammich
01-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Free money where do you get that from. Do you realize how much pain this man was in and will continue to go through because of his CO fucking up and not paying attention?

i know that much..why do u think i put free money in quotations:goodjob:

typerek
01-03-2007, 02:02 PM
you should get 3g's a month and just chill :piss: i know that insert doesn't make sense just always wanted to use it. g/l

Hiro
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
now get paid $500 a month for the rest of my life since the injury will get worse and greatly hinder me in the future.

You know...I could say something awful about my having ulterior motives, but I shall refrain b/c I love you and I don't want to blow my cover.

Ran
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
you should get 3g's a month and just chill :piss: i know that insert doesn't make sense just always wanted to use it. g/lNah, I'd rather not be that big of a leech.

ShooterMcGavin
01-03-2007, 09:07 PM
interesting...

Julio
01-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Thats why the I have my personal opinions... hahahahahah They give you a lame ass $500 a month for your injuries...
That is total fucking bullshit.. I would honestly tell them to shove it up there asses.

FRYLOCK
01-03-2007, 09:36 PM
something is better than nothing.

HyPer50
01-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow... Thats truly sad that I bring home after taxes just a little more than you get every month on top of whatever money you earn working... I wonder if they'll let me just toss my self off a government building and give me $250 a month... that'd be nice = ) anyways, grats i guess lol.

ahmonrah
01-04-2007, 12:35 AM
i've got to check into my VA benefits.....thanks for bringing that to my attention RAN.

HEATON
01-04-2007, 05:48 AM
Havent really checked into the VA stuff much, but also doesnt it depend on how bad the injury is also correct? Like the more you lose of onething the more you get paid. Like me with my hearing, bc Im near Aircrafts engines all the time. If i only lose a certain % it wont be much, but if it gets "legally deaf" its ChaCHING!!

SL65AMG
01-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Wow... Thats truly sad that I bring home after taxes just a little more than you get every month on top of whatever money you earn working... I wonder if they'll let me just toss my self off a government building and give me $250 a month... that'd be nice = ) anyways, grats i guess lol.

do you have a life on that income..... shit.... i have no car payment live at home and i make 700-1000 a month and im still broke and i dont fuckin buy anything

Sol-Badguy
01-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Man, that sucks; about the injury. I've had my share of back problems from working construction. But I can in no way imagine what you've gone through.

But the pension is nice.

Ran
01-04-2007, 08:32 AM
i've got to check into my VA benefits.....thanks for bringing that to my attention RAN.I believe all military compensations went up at the end of the year. My father's Air Force retirement went up $80 a month too.

Havent really checked into the VA stuff much, but also doesnt it depend on how bad the injury is also correct? Like the more you lose of onething the more you get paid. Like me with my hearing, bc Im near Aircrafts engines all the time. If i only lose a certain % it wont be much, but if it gets "legally deaf" its ChaCHING!!Correct. The worse the injury the more the compensation. You're actually given a "% Disabled" rate and your compensation is based on that. For instance, if you suffer from multiple stress fractures and are discharged due to that, you could be deemed 0-10% disabled and your compensation would be minimal at best. My injury deemed me 30-40% disabled (can't remember which) so my compensation is more. Again, it doesn't give me a lot of grief now since I'm young but I still have trouble lifting heavy object and occassional back pains. When I'm older and my back starts to deteriorate (which will be faster that someone without injury) then I'll really need it.

HEATON
01-04-2007, 09:10 AM
I believe all military compensations went up at the end of the year.

Yeah, that's one thing I will LOVE about Rumsfield, he gave us the best support we could get. Hopefully the yearly raises and benefits continue with the new guy.