PDA

View Full Version : Any clubs in Athens?

Majestic
01-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Any of you guys know of any clubs in the Athens, GA region? I have thought about starting one up here and need to know if anyone on IA is in one.

I recently opened Majestic Modifications (www.majesticmodifications.com (http://www.majesticmodifications.com/)) and I am thinking of initiating Team Majestic.

I have a few cars I have helped build around the Columbus, Atlanta, and Athens areas, and I am building my F-150 flareside. I am currently developing strategies to open my shop later this year in Athens, GA.

Team Majestic will have several categories for show/speed/street applications.

Any suggestions or current Athens car club members out there?

quickdodgeŽ
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Club activity in those areas and surrounding were outlawed back in the late 1980's. Due to a rise in popularity of mini-trucks and the Iran hostage situation, federal and state officials decided it would be better if clubs were not allowed to exist in these and other areas across the country. In fact, it was two weeks after Back To The Future 3 came out when the actual bill was signed into Congress by representative Alfred E. Neuman. He stated that it was that movie that convinced him to go ahead with the law. Later, QD.

CHADbee
01-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Club activity in those areas and surrounding were outlawed back in the late 1980's. Due to a rise in popularity of mini-trucks and the Iran hostage situation, federal and state officials decided it would be better if clubs were not allowed to exist in these and other areas across the country. In fact, it was two weeks after Back To The Future 3 came out when the actual bill was signed into Congress by representative Alfred E. Neuman. He stated that it was that movie that convinced him to go ahead with the law. Later, QD.
holy shit i thought i was the only person that knew about the banning of car clubs in athens.

R.Kelly
01-01-2007, 11:24 PM
wow thats weird

latoilette
01-10-2007, 12:55 PM
so...no club in athens? what happens if you get caught? we can say it's a club from a different city...like lawrenceville that comes and meet anywhere around GA.

steedracer
01-14-2007, 12:05 PM
what type of cars are you looking for i live i winder. me and a couple of my freinds where thinking of starting a club. we have meets in winder and go to some other meets around.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2007, 01:12 PM
what type of cars are you looking for i live i winder. me and a couple of my freinds where thinking of starting a club. we have meets in winder and go to some other meets around.

Did you not read about the "no club" law? Later, QD.

Krytdrgn
01-21-2007, 12:44 AM
I doubt you could get too many ppl anyways man. in all honesty

EM1toEVO
01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
I wish there there was a club around here. That's crazy, I have never heard of such a law.

Krytdrgn
01-25-2007, 07:15 AM
I wish there there was a club around here. That's crazy, I have never heard of such a law.

There are a few of us with RSX's here in Athens and we meet with a lot of guys from ATL a lot. Do installs and stuff like that.

Glides
04-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Lol Alfred E Meuman.

I think alot of folks here have no clue about old school Mad Magazine :)