PDA

View Full Version : Little HELP WITH DIVX

VTECin5th
01-01-2007, 04:18 PM
We all know you can't play any movie downloaded unless we use DIVX player. Now if we wore to burn something on a compact disc and play it in DVD player. It wouldn't work becuase you need DIVX player. You will hear the sound in your DVD player but you will see no picture why is that. Can you convert or extract the movie so you dont have to always play it in DIVX player.

RandomGuy
01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
We all know you can't play any movie downloaded unless we use DIVX player. Now if we wore to burn something on a compact disc and play it in DVD player. It wouldn't work becuase you need DIVX player. You will hear the sound in your DVD player but you will see no picture why is that. Can you convert or extract the movie so you dont have to always play it in DIVX player.
yew konvurt et two vee see dee

Hulud
01-01-2007, 04:25 PM
We all know you can't play any movie downloaded unless we use DIVX player. Now if we were to burn something on a compact disc and play it in DVD player, it wouldn't work becuase you need DIVX player. You will hear the sound in your DVD player but you will see no picture, why is that? Can you convert or extract the movie so you dont have to always play it in DIVX player?
:goodjob:

VTECin5th
01-01-2007, 04:47 PM
how can you make it a shorter clip say the clip is 85mb how can i make it 80mb. Or say the movie is hour and 28 minutes long how can i make it one hour and 20minutes

RandomGuy
01-01-2007, 05:56 PM
yew konvurt et two vee see dee
convert it to VCD or SVCD.... programs like the new nero do that automatically

just drag-drop- burn.... take a minute to encode it to work but after that you're set....

VCD- 1 movie 2 to 3 disks (CDR media)

SVCD- 2-3 movies on 1 disk (DVD+/-R media)

http://www.g54b.com/random/123.jpg

Mr_Mischif
01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
^^goddammit Hasan you suck.

Tarzanman
01-01-2007, 06:24 PM

The reason for that is the encoding. Standard DVDs have the video stream encoded into the MPEG-2 codec (a codec is just a way to record the video data). Sound streams are usually AC-3 format, but they can be PCM audio, mpeg-2, mpeg-3 (in a few rare cases) or a few other formats .

the reason that you get sound but no video from the DivX file is because most DVD players aren't programed to decode the DivX format. The sound is probably still mpeg-2 or pcm. There are DivX-capable hardware players out there, but they are grey-market items (usually hacked players) since there is still some question as to how 'legal' it is to use the DivX codec on a DVD (both are proprietary formats owned by two seperate entities).

There are a few different programs that will convert DivX files to MPEG-2. I use Tsunami MPEG Encoder (TMPGEnc for short).. but its not really for newbies. The process usually takes a few hours and you end up with raw streams that still have to be authored to be put on a DVD (I use DVD-Lab for authoring..it lets you do some crazy stuff if you want). Some programs will automatically convert, author, and burn a DVD for you. I think Nero makes one.