PDA

View Full Version : Misc Mora Out

umfogotmyname2111
01-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Well just saw on ESPN2 on the little ticker at the bottom of the screen that the Falcons have fired Jim Mora. On a side note Dennis Green was fired from Arizona today also.

JC
01-01-2007, 01:01 PM
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1934643&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Kamikaze
01-01-2007, 01:10 PM
:bump:

JC
01-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Now if they will just get rid of Vick

eS_05
01-01-2007, 01:12 PM
nice.... now i wonder who will replace him?

TeeJay
01-01-2007, 01:15 PM
HOLY SHIT that didnt take long at all LOLOL

PhAtBoYMr2
01-01-2007, 01:25 PM
i'm gonna miss mora, had some good times, had some bad times but for the most part the man is pretty cool, i think they shouldve gave him one last year but i guess it's over.

umfogotmyname2111
01-01-2007, 01:29 PM
HOLY SHIT that didnt take long at all LOLOL

That's what I was thinking. I knew Green was going to be out right away in Arizona but I figured the Falcons would deliberate a little while longer on Mora. On another side note I feel right now for the Broncos and Darrant Williams family. He was killed in a drive-by shooting early this morning leaving a night club in Denver.

TeeJay
01-01-2007, 01:32 PM
i think mora needed to be out, but IMO it wont matter if they dont boot greg knapp outta here as well.

TeeJay
01-01-2007, 01:33 PM
i heard some candidates are norm chow (titans off cord), steve mariuchi, and even maybe bill cowher from pittsburgh, but i say BRING BACK DAN REEVES!!!!!!!!!!

eS_05
01-01-2007, 01:39 PM
i heard some candidates are norm chow (titans off cord), steve mariuchi, and even maybe bill cowher from pittsburgh, but i say BRING BACK DAN REEVES!!!!!!!!!!

:stupid: !!!!!

Kamikaze
01-01-2007, 01:40 PM
:stupid: !!!!!

x2

PhAtBoYMr2
01-01-2007, 01:42 PM

bill cowher would be a great canidate...

HalfBaked
01-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Cowher wouldn't leave pitt.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I heard yesterday that steelers may give him the boot, just speculation though

TeeJay
01-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Cowher wouldn't leave pitt.
yes he would, in fact i believe this was his last season in pitt, whether he goes to the falcons or not we'll see. all his family is here in NC, so itd be a lot closer

TeeJay
01-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I heard yesterday that steelers may give him the boot, just speculation though
yea he has been great, but hes run his course in pitt, its time to move on

Eurostunna07
01-01-2007, 01:53 PM
WOOT WOOT WOOT HAPPY NEW YRS JIM MORA!! MWHABWHMWHAHAWBNWHAHAW SUCKAAAAAAAAAAA

Hope tha new coach is good. and NOW ALL THEY NEED IS GOOD DEFENDERS!!!!! OFFENSIVE LINE TO PROTECT VICK AND FUCKING GOOD RECEIVERS! AND WE'll OWN 2007

umfogotmyname2111
01-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Cowher isn't getting the boot. He still has a year left on his contract in Pitt. but he is talking about talking some time off. He just built a $3m house in North Carolina and people are thinking he going to move there for a year or so and recharge so to say. Cowher will always have a job in Pitt. if he wants because of how many years and what he has meant to that orginazation. Pitt. is wating to hear from Cowher on what his decision is going to be. Talks though are if he came back to Pitt. it would be for more than one year so he would have to work out a extension with the team if wanted to do that.

TeeJay
01-01-2007, 01:57 PM

Hope tha new coach is good. and NOW ALL THEY NEED IS GOOD DEFENDERS!!!!! OFFENSIVE LINE TO PROTECT VICK AND FUCKING GOOD RECEIVERS! AND WE'll OWN 2007
hes prolly on his way to washington right now with resume in hand, to stand in line for the huskies coaching job :lmfao: :lmfao: later moron!!!

HalfBaked
01-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Washington has Willingham and he is doing a good job there. I don't think they'd get rid of him for Mora quite yet.

TeeJay
01-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Washington has Willingham and he is doing a good job there. I don't think they'd get rid of him for Mora quite yet.
i know, thats whats so funny about it

Kelly
01-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm with whoever mentioned bringin Reeves back. He was all about some Falcons.

Gave him a heart attack and everything...

I heard Greg was gone too though??? Just mora??? :thinking:
Either way, I hope to see a totally different, unstoppable team next year. I have faith in Daddy Blanks :goodjob:

Hulud
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
vick is a coach killer

1SICKLEX
01-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Get rid of all of them

Hulud
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
not dicamillis (or however you spell his name)

tony
01-01-2007, 09:49 PM
For a replacement.. Ron Rivera, Chicago Bears defensive coordinator. Supposedly Arizona is looking at him but we missed out on Lovie Smith, the Falcons need to make it happen.

thinkfast®
01-02-2007, 07:13 AM
HERES TO ANOTHER 2-3 YEARS BEFORE THE FALCONS DO ANYTHING AGAIN :D

{X}Echo419
01-02-2007, 07:59 AM

sounds like they need to keep Vick and get a new rest of the team :lmfao:

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Now if they will just get rid of Vick+1 when i get a chance

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 08:03 AM

Hope tha new coach is good. and NOW ALL THEY NEED IS GOOD DEFENDERS!!!!! OFFENSIVE LINE TO PROTECT VICK AND FUCKING GOOD RECEIVERS! AND WE'll OWN 2007so an entire new team lol?

Kelly
01-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Ya'll are all haters.

GTFO!

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 08:21 AM
not haters. hell if it wasnt for ATL being my home city, i wouldnt root for the falcons or the hawks.

the braves are overrated as fuck too but atleast have some professional league talent

Kelly
01-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone else listen to Kerney's interview on Star 94 today?

Sucks that he is a free agent this year. :thinking:

ShooterMcGavin
01-02-2007, 08:49 AM
el oh el @ mora, what a dumbass, knew his job was going to be on the line potentially after a disappointing season and still made those idiot remarks on radio. oh well, maybe bama will offer him a job after saban declines :lmao:

con
01-02-2007, 08:53 AM
damn'it, time to rebuild again.........Atlanta needs a SuperBowl A.S.A.P. one of the richest franchises out there and can't bring one home, thats just sad :no:

honestly, I didn't think they would send him packing so soon. that's cold, hasn't even had time to reflect on the season.......guess there's no need :lmfao:

Kelly
01-02-2007, 09:11 AM
That's what I was thinkin. Didn't even give him a whole day.

Oh well... He knew it was coming sooner or later

{X}Echo419
01-02-2007, 09:51 AM
get rid of Vick and buy an O-Line. just about any QB can be good with enough pass protection. hell they might have enough $$$ to buy a big play reciever.
or
we can watch the Falcons do the exact same shit w/a different coach then Schaub or Shockley will get traded and become 1 of the greatest QB's of all time...*cough*Farve*cough* :2cents: :lmfao:

PhAtBoYMr2
01-02-2007, 10:08 AM
For all these people saying get rid of vick stfu you don't know anything. Vick is a superstar with a 10year $100m contract. If you give vick a good team instead of some scrub ass recivers i gurantee he will be a beast, Look what he did at virginia tech when he had some recivers.....

thinkfast®
01-02-2007, 10:13 AM
VICK HAD HES CAREER BEST NUMBERS UNDER REEVES, MAKE IT HAPPEN PUTOS I'M TIRED OF WATCHIN LOSING FOOTBALL

Kelly
01-02-2007, 10:14 AM
(Must spread rep before givin it to Phatboy)

Finally, someone making since. Vick haters- FTL!
Vick is incredible, he just has a sucky offensive line.

Schaub did play great Sunday though. I'd hate to see him leave but he's pretty much outta here. He doesn't deserve to be 2nd string. That little white boy needs to be starting somewhere.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-02-2007, 10:16 AM
(Must spread rep before givin it to Phatboy)

Finally, someone making since. Vick haters- FTL!
Vick is incredible, he just has a sucky offensive line.

Schaub did play great Sunday though. I'd hate to see him leave but he's pretty much outta here. He doesn't deserve to be 2nd string. That little white boy needs to be starting somewhere.

for as much money as we give shaub i would rather see him go. Besides no one knows we have a great 3rd string quaterback by the name of dj shockley which had a much better college career then matt shaub, I gurantee shockley will move up to 2nd string and play harder than shaub

thinkfast®
01-02-2007, 10:17 AM
^^ SHOCKLEY WAS TIGHT AGAINST JACKSONVILLE, I WAS AT THAT GAME, THAT FOOL CAN THROW

Killer
01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Anyone else listen to Kerney's interview on Star 94 today?

Sucks that he is a free agent this year. :thinking:

kerney is a free agent???????!!!!!!!!!! i hope we don't lose kerney, he's a bad ass. one of my fav falcons (as u already know) maybe since he was out this season no one's too interested :cry: :cry: :cry:

PhAtBoYMr2
01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
^^ SHOCKLEY WAS TIGHT AGAINST JACKSONVILLE, I WAS AT THAT GAME, THAT FOOL CAN THROW

yeah iv'e been watching him for almost 4 years now when he was at georgia, The man was sick in college, wait till they give him some playing times in the pro's he makes way better decsions then vick does and hes more accurate, Vick can just throw the ball farther and harder but shockley is more accurate

tony
01-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Trade Schaub to Oakland for Randy Moss... but he's a free agent so I guess that doesn't matter

thinkfast®
01-02-2007, 10:23 AM
YEA I CAUGHT SHOCKLEY HIS LAST 2 SEASONS AT GEORGIA, THATS ALL I SEEN ON SATURDAY KICKBACKS LOL.. ANYWAYS HE'S A GOOD ASS QB FOR COLLEGE, I DONT KNOW THAT HE WOULD SHINE LIKE VICK DOES THO, AT LEAST NOT YET

thinkfast®
01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
MOSS ON THE FALCONS WOULD SELLOUT EVERY GAME THAT WOULD BE A NASTY COMBO.. PULL IN ANOTHER BOMB RECEIVER, THATS A WRAP FOR NFC OPPONENTS

Killer
01-02-2007, 10:25 AM
shaub is bad though... he nearly won the game for us sunday, but at the same time he lost it with that trip... i'm sure he'll be a great starter for someone... just wish we could keep him as our back up.

Hulud
01-02-2007, 10:26 AM
For all these people saying get rid of vick stfu you don't know anything. Vick is a superstar with a 10year $100m contract. If you give vick a good team instead of some scrub ass recivers i gurantee he will be a beast, Look what he did at virginia tech when he had some recivers.....
hes not a leader, straight up

if we dont get rid of him, then get someone to lead the team, like a ray lewis or something

Kelly
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
kerney is a free agent???????!!!!!!!!!! i hope we don't lose kerney, he's a bad ass. one of my fav falcons (as u already know) maybe since he was out this season no one's too interested :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, that's what he was talking about this morning. :cry:
Sucks!

PhAtBoYMr2
01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
hes not a leader, straight up

if we dont get rid of him, then get someone to lead the team, like a ray lewis or something
He's not a leader? Well he lead virgina tech to a championship game and he led the falcons to the nfc championship 2 seasons ago.

Look at carson palmer, sick ass Qb with the best reciveing staff in all of the NFL and there still not making it to the playoff because of there Defense, You cant put all the blame on vick, he's not the whole team

thinkfast®
01-02-2007, 10:32 AM
PUMPS N A BUMP, PUMPS N A BUMP

Hulud
01-02-2007, 10:34 AM
He's not a leader? Well he lead virgina tech to a championship game and he led the falcons to the nfc championship 2 seasons ago.

Look at carson palmer, sick ass Qb with the best reciveing staff in all of the NFL and there still not making it to the playoff because of there Defense, You cant put all the blame on vick, he's not the whole team
im not putting it all on him, yet some of you in this thread are sayin how great he is, hes not as great as some of you think.

he got lucky one season in the NFL but hes not the leader you need from your team in the NFL.

thinkfast®
01-02-2007, 10:43 AM
NOBODY ASKIN HIM TO BE A LEADER, GET OFF HIS CASE HULUD SKANKA! LOL

NO MAN FOR REAL THE FALCONS CAN DO BETTER EVEN WITH THE PLAYERS THEY GOT, I DONT KNOW WHERE THEY WERE GOIN THO GAME TO GAME, SOMETIMES THAT RUNNING GAME SHOWED UP SOMETIMES ID DIDNT.. IF THEY GET CONSISTENT RESULTS THEY WOULD BE BETTER OFF AND MORA MAY STILL HAVE HIS JOB

{X}Echo419
01-02-2007, 10:46 AM
^pretty much. Vick needs a "Professional" coach. not somebody that's newer than him!

dude you can't replace the "entire" team :thinking: maybe we could do a swap with the Jets+some civic parts :thinking:

{X}Echo419
01-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Shockley-QB!
Vick-WR(since he's so damned fast....)

btw: anybody wonder what Schaub thinks of all this? "Damn, it's ok Mikey. they like you, they really really like you." or "I can't wait to get traded to Green Bay."

ya, know I wouldn't be suprised to see Schaub wind up in Tampa or Chicago next year. Tampa needs a QB and Grossman played @ Florida.... :lmfao:

Killer
01-02-2007, 10:56 AM
yeah, i've wondered how ole schaub feels... u know he was lovin it on sunday when he started tearin shid up!? did anyone see where he ran back up and block for i think it was norwood? what qb does that.

it was the play norwood started off to the right, got cut off turned around and ran back left, and schaub came back up and blocked a dude for him, then norwood smeared a guy before being knocked down.

Kelly
01-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Possible Head Coaches???

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=217099&st=0

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 02:25 PM
yeah iv'e been watching him for almost 4 years now when he was at georgia, The man was sick in college, wait till they give him some playing times in the pro's he makes way better decsions then vick does and hes more accurate, Vick can just throw the ball farther and harder but shockley is more accurate

jackpot

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 02:27 PM
im not putting it all on him, yet some of you in this thread are sayin how great he is, hes not as great as some of you think.

he got lucky one season in the NFL but hes not the leader you need from your team in the NFL.

this is correct as well

HalfBaked
01-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I'd hate to see Shockley play 2nd string behind Vick. That'd be stupid. He is a similar type of QB as Vick.

Falcons should sign Schaub or try to get Leftwich from Jacksonville, and trade Vick for recievers or draft picks and get Calvin Johnson.

TeeJay
01-02-2007, 02:34 PM
or, they could go the easy route and.....BRING BACK MOTHERFUCKING DAN REEVES!!!

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 02:36 PM
or, they could go the easy route and.....BRING BACK MOTHERFUCKING DAN REEVES!!!

dan reeves was a good coach but he also had a TEAM not a player TRYING to be a team. Honestly people blame the line for Vicks passing protection breaking down but at the same time, ive seen vick try to run or stay in the pocket WAYY too long on good blocks. It isnt right to place the blame on one person

TeeJay
01-02-2007, 02:42 PM
dan reeves was a good coach but he also had a TEAM not a player TRYING to be a team. Honestly people blame the line for Vicks passing protection breaking down but at the same time, ive seen vick try to run or stay in the pocket WAYY too long on good blocks. It isnt right to place the blame on one person
thats because he doesnt trust his receivers man, would you?? hes TRYING to be the team because nobody else is worth a damn. i honestly felt bad for the guy at times this past season, because he was asked to carry the load and when he tried and failed he got criticized for it. he will never be appreciated in atlanta, and i think it would be best for him if he did go somewhere else where hes more appreciated. but we all know that wont happen

PhAtBoYMr2
01-02-2007, 02:43 PM
thats because he doesnt trust his receivers man, would you?? hes TRYING to be the team because nobody else is worth a damn. i honestly felt bad for the guy at times this past season, because he was asked to carry the load and when he tried and failed he got criticized for it. he will never be appreciated in atlanta, and i think it would be best for him if he did go somewhere else where hes more appreciated. but we all know that wont happen

+1

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 02:43 PM

i understand that as well which is why its win win to trade him and pull shockley up

HalfBaked
01-02-2007, 02:44 PM
i understand that as well which is why its win win to trade him and pull shockley up
I don't think Shockley is a good quarterback at all.

He had 1 decent season in college.

He never made that great of decisions when passing the ball at UGA.

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 02:46 PM

but hes more accurate than vick and way less paid meaning we could get a line and decent receivers

PhAtBoYMr2
01-02-2007, 02:46 PM

I think shockley was a good qb, I mean he only started one year and the year he was there he got a sec championship under his belt and only had 2 losses as a starter.

Imagine if he wouldve started as a freashman, he would be awesome

but hes not as bad as everyone says he is, he can throw a good ball and instead of running out the pocket like vick he usually stays in and finds recivers

HalfBaked
01-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Yea but David Greene was a way better quarterback at UGA then Shockley. The only game that impressed me ever that Shockley had was against Boise State. That was it, other then that game he was just average to me.

{X}Echo419
01-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I think shockley was a good qb, I mean he only started one year and the year he was there he got a sec championship under his belt and only had 2 losses as a starter.

Imagine if he wouldve started as a freashman, he would be awesome

but hes not as bad as everyone says he is, he can throw a good ball and instead of running out the pocket like vick he usually stays in and finds recivers

yeah, poor bastard had to come in after the most prolific passer(total yards if I'm correct) in collegiate football history....damn. :lmfao:

2.0civic
01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
david greene was good as fuck. he was right up with manning in college

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 12:48 AM
If they would wise up an get rid of VIck, ya'll might actually have a team.

He iis the problem with atlanta, they will NEVER win with him as a QB. NEVER. mark my words.

no offensive line or receivers will make VIck good. when will you people relize that?

he IS YOUR JAKE PLUMMER, YOUR KORDELL STEWART

Hulud
01-03-2007, 12:54 AM
If they would wise up an get rid of VIck, ya'll might actually have a team.

He iis the problem with atlanta, they will NEVER win with him as a QB. NEVER. mark my words.

no offensive line or receivers will make VIck good. when will you people relize that?

he IS YOUR JAKE PLUMMER, YOUR KORDELL STEWART
thank you, some more common sense in this thread

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Vick is a 100Million dollar albatross that you will ride into the ground. Hes not accurate, hes not intelligent, hes NOT A SUPERSTAR.

if hes so badass, why were jimmy johnson, madden, everyonje else this weekend saying "the falcons should trade vick, but who in the NFL would take him?"

the guys a GREAT ATHLETE, but hes a HORRIBLE QB, PERIOD. he is nowhere near the QB that Young, Favre, Brady, etc were. THose QBs took AVERAGE Players an made THEM superstars and won championships.

VIck is not a leader, he is doesnt make his team BETTER. he does what the fans do, sit back and point fingers on why he cant get the job done. Ya'll will ride his nuts for the next 5 years until you realize hes worthless, then he wont be worth anything to any other NFL team.

Trade VIck for an offensive line and a DECENT QB and a wide receiver, start rebuilding NOW with a person worth rebuilding with.

I will BET that the Falcons dont win another CHAMPIONSHIP GAME with VICK as QB , any takers?

Tank
01-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Vick is a 100Million dollar albatross that you will ride into the ground. Hes not accurate, hes not intelligent, hes NOT A SUPERSTAR.

if hes so badass, why were jimmy johnson, madden, everyonje else this weekend saying "the falcons should trade vick, but who in the NFL would take him?"

the guys a GREAT ATHLETE, but hes a HORRIBLE QB, PERIOD. he is nowhere near the QB that Young, Favre, Brady, etc were. THose QBs took AVERAGE Players an made THEM superstars and won championships.

VIck is not a leader, he is doesnt make his team BETTER. he does what the fans do, sit back and point fingers on why he cant get the job done. Ya'll will ride his nuts for the next 5 years until you realize hes worthless, then he wont be worth anything to any other NFL team.

Trade VIck for an offensive line and a DECENT QB and a wide receiver, start rebuilding NOW with a person worth rebuilding with.

I will BET that the Falcons dont win another CHAMPIONSHIP GAME with VICK as QB , any takers?

Hi Mike........... :cry:

Hulud
01-03-2007, 01:06 AM
im a betting man, but i would never take that bet

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 01:07 AM
hi tank. you a vick fan?

Tank
01-03-2007, 01:09 AM
hi tank. you a vick fan?
hell fuck no fuck his cocky no throwing ass once the Falcons see a better line and QB they will be set

now reply to me or ill slit my wrist in emo-ism

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 01:12 AM
"When michael vick gets his feet planted he is one of the best passers in the nfl"-Alge crumpler

"Give that man a reciver and he will be one of the best qb's in the Nfl"-Donovan mcnabb

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 01:16 AM
How can mike vick not be a superstar when he has already broken the all time rushing record for a QB? There are alot of great quarterbacks in the league that can play the position but still not get there team to a championship so that isn't saying much

I gurantee if vick doesn't get a ring in his career he will atleast become a hall of fame canidate when his career is over.

Hulud
01-03-2007, 01:25 AM
I gurantee if vick doesn't get a ring in his career he will atleast become a hall of fame canidate when his career is over.
that still doesnt mean hes a team player or a leader

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 01:32 AM
that still doesnt mean hes a team player or a leader
I would say mike vick gives more effort than anyone on offense. Norwood and crumpler are the only people worth giving a damn on offensive

trade dunn
trader all of our recivers
o-line
and secondary could use some help

Our D-line is good but we are struggling in alot of areas, So it's hard to just concentrate everything on vick, The man plays his ass off every game and probaly takes more shots than anyone on the team

OneSlow5pt0
01-03-2007, 01:59 AM
At the end of the day,all owners care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,and vick makes arthur blank tons of it every game..because little kids know nothing bout football and cheer for Vick....Mora was a great coach and the falcons are only gonna win problly 5 games next year,because of their studipity,maybe one day when matt S. has a superbowl ring and the falcons still have none,they will no they made a mistake,keeping vick...jim mora was escape goast for vick's shitty play...well thats my 2 cents on the subject

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

{X}Echo419
01-03-2007, 07:38 AM
"When michael vick gets his feet planted he is one of the best passers in the nfl"-Alge crumpler

"Give that man a reciver and he will be one of the best qb's in the Nfl"-Donovan mcnabb
a. of course Crumpler's gonna say that. he's the only 1 Vick throws to and when was that last time Vick "planted his feet" to do anything?
b. McNabb can say that b/c 1. he doesn't have to block for him & 2. dosen't have to catch a Reggie Ball-esque deep ball from him.

How can mike vick not be a superstar when he has already broken the all time rushing record for a QB? There are alot of great quarterbacks in the league that can play the position but still not get there team to a championship so that isn't saying much

unfortunatelly Vick's the QUARTERBACK! Dunn and Norrwood are no slouches. Vick is 75.7 which is 20th in the league. and don't give me that dropped balls BS. T.O. has dropped more balls than anyone else this year and T.Romo's rating is 95.1. O-yeah and this is his 1st year as a starter not 6th. and a couple more QB's that have better passer ratings most of us would consider "poor"; John Kitna(Det)79.9, David Carr(Hou)82.1, and Jake Delhomme(Car)82.6.
maybe if Vicks' recievers knew if he was going to run or throw they would know to finish their route or block. same for the line. b/c guess what boys and maybe that 1 or 2 girls on IA, pass protection is different than run protection. unless somebody knows some "magic hybrid".

here's another factoid: Atl(Vick+Dunn) vs. San Diego(Rivers+Tomlinson)and I only picked SD b/c the Falcons could have had LT instead of Vick in the draft.
Total yards:
Atl-4653. Vick=1140 passing+1039 rushing+ Dunn=2474 rushing
SD-5251. Rivers=3388 passing+48 rushing+ LT=1815 rushing
btw: Rivers 22 TD's and 9 int's & LT has 28 TD's. white Vick is 20-13 & Dunn only has 4 TD's.
I don't know about but I think I'd pass(no pun intended) in the incomprable, exciting, and althetic M.Vick.... :yes:

1 more thing. I just don't see there being 2200 yds of dropped balls. :2cents: that is all

TeeJay
01-03-2007, 08:49 AM
At the end of the day,all owners care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,and vick makes arthur blank tons of it every game..because little kids know nothing bout football and cheer for Vick....Mora was a great coach and the falcons are only gonna win problly 5 games next year,because of their studipity,maybe one day when matt S. has a superbowl ring and the falcons still have none,they will no they made a mistake,keeping vick...jim mora was escape goast for vick's shitty play...well thats my 2 cents on the subject

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Kelly
01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Whether ya'll like it or not, Vick is our biggest player. He is the face of the falcons.

He's not leaving. Get over it.

I'm personally glad he's not. :dunno:

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:06 AM
kelly i gave you a shoutout in the my 10k thread and you didnt even respond

:(

thinkfast®
01-03-2007, 09:11 AM
she probably dont care mark

oops! j/k heh

Killer
01-03-2007, 09:11 AM
^^^ i noticed that too... chante... u know these kids get their feelings hurt when u don't respond to them.. now be polite..

vick ftw... :D

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Thinkfast :thinking:

-------------------------------------------------------------->

Killer
01-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Thinkfast :thinking:

-------------------------------------------------------------->

he posted before me.. that was about u phatboy.. sorry.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:15 AM
he posted before me.. that was about u phatboy.. sorry.

It's alright, i eat dweebs like that for breakfast.

Kelly
01-03-2007, 09:17 AM
:thinking: Um yes I did :D

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:20 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 09:20 AM
a. of course Crumpler's gonna say that. he's the only 1 Vick throws to and when was that last time Vick "planted his feet" to do anything?
b. McNabb can say that b/c 1. he doesn't have to block for him & 2. dosen't have to catch a Reggie Ball-esque deep ball from him.

unfortunatelly Vick's the QUARTERBACK! Dunn and Norrwood are no slouches. Vick is 75.7 which is 20th in the league. and don't give me that dropped balls BS. T.O. has dropped more balls than anyone else this year and T.Romo's rating is 95.1. O-yeah and this is his 1st year as a starter not 6th. and a couple more QB's that have better passer ratings most of us would consider "poor"; John Kitna(Det)79.9, David Carr(Hou)82.1, and Jake Delhomme(Car)82.6.
maybe if Vicks' recievers knew if he was going to run or throw they would know to finish their route or block. same for the line. b/c guess what boys and maybe that 1 or 2 girls on IA, pass protection is different than run protection. unless somebody knows some "magic hybrid".

here's another factoid: Atl(Vick+Dunn) vs. San Diego(Rivers+Tomlinson)and I only picked SD b/c the Falcons could have had LT instead of Vick in the draft.
Total yards:
Atl-4653. Vick=1140 passing+1039 rushing+ Dunn=2474 rushing
SD-5251. Rivers=3388 passing+48 rushing+ LT=1815 rushing
btw: Rivers 22 TD's and 9 int's & LT has 28 TD's. white Vick is 20-13 & Dunn only has 4 TD's.
I don't know about but I think I'd pass(no pun intended) in the incomprable, exciting, and althetic M.Vick.... :yes:

1 more thing. I just don't see there being 2200 yds of dropped balls. :2cents: that is all

+1 for a nicely broken down post

End of the day, falcons probably wont lose vick because........he pulls in fans and draws crowds...Win OR lose. Take away the excitement Vick brings to the table and throw a mediocre QB in there and 1 of two things will happen..either crowds will dwindle a little bit since we wont have vick or they will go up because vick is gone and then they will need another reason to blame for why the falcons dont ahve a ring.

Even if we do get rid of vick, his replacement will always here "why arent you like Mike Vick?" Well fuck, why isnt he like peyton manning?:2cents:

thinkfast®
01-03-2007, 09:24 AM
mark you better hope I dont find you I will crack you like the Liberty bell son

thinkfast®
01-03-2007, 09:24 AM
"I dont breathe air; air hides in my lungs for protection"

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:25 AM
mark you better hope I dont find you I will crack you like the Liberty bell son

:dj:

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:26 AM
"Light up the night like the 4th of july niggas know when i let go they die"

thinkfast®
01-03-2007, 09:26 AM
you wanna have a DJ at your beatdown, I dont get it

naw man lets settle this without stronghold tactics

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:33 AM
:piss:

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:35 AM
"Know a little freak in hollywood sucks on dick, does it real good she'll give you money to fill up her tummy"

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 09:49 AM
First of all the dude can throw nobody can say that is not true. Do you not remember the butterfinger recievers ATL has? They dropped plenty of well thrown passes all year. I still believe if you can put the guy in a comfortable spot with good recievers he willl show a completly different side.

Also look at QB ratings for the end of the year. He isn't dead last.

NAME COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD TD% INT INT% SK SYD RAT
1 P. Manning QB, IND 362 557 65.0 4397 7.89 68 31 5.6 9 1.6 14.0 86 101.0
2 D. Huard QB, KAN 148 244 60.7 1878 7.70 78 11 4.5 1 .4 16.0 106 98.0
3 Drew Brees QB, NOR 356 554 64.3 4418 7.98 86 26 4.7 11 2.0 18.0 105 96.2
4 D. McNabb QB, PHI 180 316 57.0 2647 8.38 87 18 5.7 6 1.9 21.0 140 95.5
5 Tony Romo QB, DAL 220 337 65.3 2903 8.61 56 19 5.6 13 3.9 21.0 124 95.1
6 C. Palmer QB, CIN 324 520 62.3 4035 7.76 74 28 5.4 13 2.5 36.0 233 93.9
7 M. Bulger QB, STL 370 588 62.9 4301 7.32 67 24 4.1 8 1.4 49.0 366 92.9
8 P. Rivers QB, SDG 284 460 61.7 3388 7.37 57 22 4.8 9 2.0 27.0 144 92.0
9 Tom Brady QB, NWE 319 516 61.8 3529 6.84 62 24 4.7 12 2.3 26.0 175 87.9
10 M. Brunell QB, WAS 162 260 62.3 1789 6.88 74 8 3.1 4 1.5 12.0 92 86.5
11 J. Losman QB, BUF 268 429 62.5 3051 7.11 83 19 4.4 14 3.3 47.0 332 84.9
12 C. Pennington QB, NYJ 313 485 64.5 3352 6.91 71 17 3.5 16 3.3 30.0 172 82.6
13 J. Delhomme QB, CAR 263 431 61.0 2805 6.51 72 17 3.9 11 2.6 22.0 167 82.6
14 S. McNair QB, BAL 295 468 63.0 3050 6.52 87 16 3.4 12 2.6 14.0 84 82.5
15 David Carr QB, HOU 302 442 68.3 2767 6.26 53 11 2.5 12 2.7 41.0 240 82.1
16 D. Garrard QB, JAC 145 241 60.2 1735 7.20 49 10 4.1 9 3.7 20.0 119 80.5
17 Jon Kitna QB, DET 372 596 62.4 4208 7.06 60 21 3.5 22 3.7 63.0 388 79.9
18 E. Manning QB, NYG 301 522 57.7 3244 6.22 55 24 4.6 18 3.4 25.0 186 77.0
19 M. Hasselbeck QB, SEA 210 371 56.6 2442 6.58 72 18 4.9 15 4.0 34.0 229 76.0
20 M. Vick QB, ATL 204 388 52.6 2474 6.38 55 20 5.2 13 3.4 45.0 303 75.7
21 B. Roethlisberger QB, PIT 280 469 59.7 3513 7.49 67 18 3.8 23 4.9 46.0 280 75.4
22 Alex Smith QB, SFO 257 442 58.1 2890 6.54 75 16 3.6 16 3.6 36.0 205 74.8
23 M. Leinart QB, ARI 214 377 56.8 2547 6.76 58 11 2.9 12 3.2 21.0 158 74.0
24 R. Grossman QB, CHI 262 480 54.6 3193 6.65 62 23 4.8 20 4.2 21.0 142 73.9
25 B. Favre QB, GNB 343 613 56.0 3885 6.34 82 18 2.9 18 2.9 21.0 134 72.7
26 C. Frye QB, CLE 252 392 64.3 2454 6.26 75 10 2.6 17 4.3 44.0 262 72.2
27 B. Johnson QB, MIN 270 439 61.5 2750 6.26 46 9 2.1 15 3.4 29.0 200 72.0
28 J. Plummer QB, DEN 175 317 55.2 1994 6.29 83 11 3.5 13 4.1 18.0 111 68.8
29 J. Harrington QB, MIA 223 388 57.5 2236 5.76 48 12 3.1 15 3.9 15.0 116 68.2
30 V. Young QB, TEN 184 357 51.5 2199 6.16 53 12 3.4 13 3.6 25.0 129 66.7
31 B. Gradkowski QB, TAM 177 328 54.0 1661 5.06 53 9 2.7 9 2.7 25.0 146 65.9
32 A. Walter QB, OAK 147 276 53.3 1677 6.08 51 3 1.1 13 4.7 46.0 256 55.

thinkfast®
01-03-2007, 09:51 AM
i'm in my Cadillac, chillin like a fat mac
smokin on a fat sac, drinkin on a pint of 'yak.
I pick up my car phone 'cause a freak beeped,
it's my niggas baby mama but some times i creep
that's just the way it is niggas have to take a chance,
when you ain't around anybody could be in that ass

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 09:52 AM
First of all the dude can throw nobody can say that is not true. Do you not remember the butterfinger recievers ATL has? They dropped plenty of well thrown passes all year. I still believe if you can put the guy in a comfortable spot with good recievers he willl show a completly different side.

Thank you sir. :goodjob:

thinkfast®
01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
20 outta 32 QBs is pretty sad when you got the highest contract out there

but he had help lol

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 09:57 AM
20 outta 32 QBs is pretty sad when you got the highest contract out there

but he had help lol

KINDA HARD NOT TO LAUGH WHEN KITNA HAS A HIGHER RATING....

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 09:58 AM
purely hypothetical for all the vick lovers....

do you think vick would take a 3 mill a year paycut to get a top teir receiver so that they might be able to get a ring??

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Vick isn't a typical QB, When your trying to analyze mike vick throw that fucking passer rating garbage out the window, He's a new generation of QB's and he has paved the way for qb's like vince young, and troy smith etc

It's a completly different game now.

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Vick isn't a typical QB, When your trying to analyze mike vick throw that fucking passer rating garbage out the window, He's a new generation of QB's and he has paved the way for qb's like vince young, and troy smith etc

It's a completly different game now.

thats all good but do you think he would be a "team leader" and sacrifice some of HIS pay to help the team get good people to make HIM better?

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 10:11 AM
KINDA HARD NOT TO LAUGH WHEN KITNA HAS A HIGHER RATING....

At least Kitna had a legit #1 reciever. I mean I am not a Falcons fan at all but Vick really has no kind of help. I am a Bengals fan so don't think I am trying to support "my team".

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 10:14 AM
At least Kitna had a legit #1 reciever. I mean I am not a Falcons fan at all but Vick really has no kind of help. I am a Bengals fan so don't think I am trying to support "my team".

i think it works both ways...i think if you took ANY of the falcons receivers and put them on a pass happy offense, they would get better too

Kelly
01-03-2007, 10:15 AM

+1 :goodjob:

{X}Echo419
01-03-2007, 10:20 AM
^^^ i noticed that too... chante... u know these kids get their feelings hurt when u don't respond to them.. now be polite..

vick ftw... :D
well, 7 out of 9 times.... :lmfao:

Also look at QB ratings for the end of the year. He isn't dead last...
a. see page 5. I covered this.
b. neither are the 19 other QB's that are better than him :lmfao:

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 10:38 AM
a. see page 5. I covered this.
b. neither are the 19 other QB's that are better than him :lmfao:

Hmm.....

#20 Vick
#21 Last Year's SuperBowl QB
#24 Rex Grossman QB for the best team in the NFC
#25 Brett Favre "A Legend"

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 10:43 AM

your hanging your teams fate on a quote from Alge CHUMP-ler ?
:lmfao:

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 10:44 AM

I have to say that one is pretty funny myself.

Hulud
01-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Hmm.....

#20 Vick
#21 Last Year's SuperBowl QB
#24 Rex Grossman QB for the best team in the NFC
#25 Brett Favre "A Legend"
lol :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

wow

#21 Last Year's SuperBowl QB - got in a wreck and blows this year, 59% comp, 18td and 23 ints it doesnt matter what he did last year :lmfao:

#24 Rex Grossman QB for the best team in the NFC - but hes still not any good, 54% completion is good? 23 td and 20 ints is good? cmon man do a lil research

#25 Brett Favre "A Legend" - a legend doesnt mean he isnt past his prime :goodjob: cmon even farve has been declining 56% comp, 18 and 18 td and ints :no:

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2007, 10:47 AM

No i'm just saying it's the truth. We all know vick can throw a good ball he's just inconsistent at times like any other QB in the league. Look at rothislenberger last season compared to this one.

I knew the problem was our coaching staff the whole time, I mean our whole staff came from the garbage ass 49ers that haven't been shit in atleast a decade. Vick isn't the problem the problem is we have shitty players and shitty coaching and that doesn't do shit for atlanta falcons

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 10:48 AM
purely hypothetical for all the vick lovers....

do you think vick would take a 3 mill a year paycut to get a top teir receiver so that they might be able to get a ring??

/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/

thinkfast®
01-03-2007, 10:49 AM
wow mark Ben would be super pissed if he saw how you spelled his last name lol

just call him steeler #7

TeeJay
01-03-2007, 10:49 AM
/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/
no, he wouldnt. but they would never ask him to do that anyway

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
no, he wouldnt. but they would never ask him to do that anyway

if you were paid very highly and were a team player and wanted to benefit the team (as well as yourself) with better receivers and maybe a line, wouldnt you?

I sure as hell would..well shit no i wouldnt cause then i get paid less and cant blame the rest of the team then.....

Hulud
01-03-2007, 10:53 AM
if you were paid very highly and were a team player and wanted to benefit the team (as well as yourself) with better receivers and maybe a line, wouldnt you?

I sure as hell would..well shit no i wouldnt cause then i get paid less and cant blame the rest of the team then.....
what are you getting at? :thinking:

we arent even talkin about how much vick gets paid, we're talking about him being a coach killer

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 11:04 AM
lol :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

wow

#21 Last Year's SuperBowl QB - got in a wreck and blows this year, 59% comp, 18td and 23 ints it doesnt matter what he did last year :lmfao:

#24 Rex Grossman QB for the best team in the NFC - but hes still not any good, 54% completion is good? 23 td and 20 ints is good? cmon man do a lil research

#25 Brett Favre "A Legend" - a legend doesnt mean he isnt past his prime :goodjob: cmon even farve has been declining 56% comp, 18 and 18 td and ints :no:

Dude I do my research and watch stats. I am just saying everyone acts as if Vick is the leagues worst QB. How many other QBs rushed for over 1,000 yards this year? 0. The guy is good for finding other ways to make things work and get out of tough situations. On a side not did everybody forget Atlanta also had one of the worst defense's in the NFL?? Ranked 22nd in overall defense, that can hurt your team's chances of winning.

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Vick is a chump.

heres whats going to happen, i can see it now, Go reasearch the Arizona Cardinals.

They are going to attempt to bring in a decent coach. They will try to surround him with "better players" and when he STILL DOESNT WIN, it will always be someone elses fault.

i listened for YEARS about how Jake Plummer was the Messiah to the Arizona team. same arguments were made about him that you guys are making about Vick . Then when they surrounded him with good players, he STILL DIDNT WIN. and when it came time to unload plummer, he was worthless.

I mean we had David Boston, Michael Pittman, Pat Tillman, Kwamie Lassiter and he still couldnt do better than:

NFC East W L T % PF PA
Philadelphia Eagles 11 5 0 .688 343 208
Washington Redskins 8 8 0 .500 256 303
New York Giants 7 9 0 .438 294 321
Arizona Cardinals 7 9 0 .438 295 343
Dallas Cowboys 5 11 0 .313 246 338

look an sound familiar falcons fans?

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 11:07 AM
How many other QBs rushed for over 1,000 yards this year? 0. .

name me the last QB that RUSHED FOR MORE THAN 500 yds and WON A SUPERBOWL.

Instead of RUSHING to make himself more marketable, he should be concentrating on making his RECEIVERS BETTER.

but then, the falcons fans wouldnt be packing the stadium to see the leagues #1 rushing QB, but worst passer, and will never be a WINNER

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 11:11 AM
what are you getting at? :thinking:

we arent even talkin about how much vick gets paid, we're talking about him being a coach killer

im getting at the fact that falcons could actually be better but regardless the blame would still get passed around on why they are losing

Mike, great post about the plummer situation and im glad someone else see the marketing thing...

{X}Echo419
01-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Dude I do my research and watch stats. I am just saying everyone acts as if Vick is the leagues worst QB. How many other QBs rushed for over 1,000 yards this year? 0. The guy is good for finding other ways to make things work and get out of tough situations. On a side not did everybody forget Atlanta also had one of the worst defense's in the NFL?? Ranked 22nd in overall defense, that can hurt your team's chances of winning.
a. correect 0. but how many QB's were better QB's this season @ least 19. personally I'd say 20 b/c I'd take Brett Farve over Vick 7 days a week and twice on sunday. b/c he is a leader, Vick is a selfish cry baby.
b. good @ finding ways to make things work? I disagree big time! he's been sacked 45 times. only Kitna and Bulger have been sacked more. and 13 int's on 20 TD's. the guy has thrown the ball 204 times and rushed 123(& was sacked 45 of those times). appox. 40% of the snaps he takes he trys to run. finding ways to make things work? more like finding ways to fuck shit up. IMO :yes:

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 11:33 AM
name me the last QB that RUSHED FOR MORE THAN 500 yds and WON A SUPERBOWL.

Does the name Steve Young ring a bell??

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 11:39 AM
a. correect 0. but how many QB's were better QB's this season @ least 19. personally I'd say 20 b/c I'd take Brett Farve over Vick 7 days a week and twice on sunday. b/c he is a leader, Vick is a selfish cry baby.
b. good @ finding ways to make things work? I disagree big time! he's been sacked 45 times. only Kitna and Bulger have been sacked more. and 13 int's on 20 TD's. the guy has thrown the ball 204 times and rushed 123(& was sacked 45 of those times). appox. 40% of the snaps he takes he trys to run. finding ways to make things work? more like finding ways to fuck shit up. IMO :yes:

Maybe there were 19 other better then him but at the same time in my opinion he held his own for the situation. As far as him running the ball alot that has alot to do with the plays called by the coaches.

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Does the name Steve Young ring a bell??
WRONG

and what were his passing stats? Compare Young to VICK, id love to see that

STEVE YOUNG
Among the league's all-time top 50
Pass attempts: 34
Completions: 20
Passing yards: 21
Passing TDs: 19

Rushing |
+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |
| 1985 tam | 5 | 72 138 52.2 935 6.8 3 8 | 40 233 1 |
| 1986 tam | 14 | 195 363 53.7 2282 6.3 8 13 | 74 425 5 |
| 1987 sfo | 8 | 37 69 53.6 570 8.3 10 0 | 26 190 1 |
| 1988 sfo | 11 | 54 101 53.5 680 6.7 3 3 | 27 184 1 |
| 1989 sfo | 10 | 64 92 69.6 1001 10.9 8 3 | 38 126 2 |
| 1990 sfo | 6 | 38 62 61.3 427 6.9 2 0 | 15 159 0 |
| 1991 sfo | 11 | 180 279 64.5 2517 9.0 17 8 | 66 415 4 |
| 1992 sfo | 16 | 268 402 66.7 3465 8.6 25 7 | 76 537 4 |
| 1993 sfo | 16 | 314 462 68.0 4023 8.7 29 16 | 69 407 2 |
| 1994 sfo | 16 | 324 461 70.3 3969 8.6 35 10 | 58 293 7 |
| 1995 sfo | 11 | 299 447 66.9 3200 7.2 20 11 | 50 250 3 |
| 1996 sfo | 12 | 214 316 67.7 2410 7.6 14 6 | 52 310 4 |
| 1997 sfo | 15 | 241 356 67.7 3029 8.5 19 6 | 50 199 3 |
| 1998 sfo | 15 | 322 517 62.3 4170 8.1 36 12 | 70 454 6 |
| 1999 sfo | 3 | 45 84 53.6 446 5.3 3 4 | 11 57 0

In 1992 YOung RUSHED for over 500yds, but they lost to the cowboys in the conference championship.

The last time the 49ers won was in 1995, when young rushed for 293yds.

Mike, who alraedy knows the answers

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Maybe there were 19 other better then him but at the same time in my opinion he held his own for the situation. As far as him running the ball alot that has alot to do with the plays called by the coaches.

plays called by the coaches arent routes breaking down and him holding the ball to long. one thing vick could do that would make him a million times better is throw the ball out...

getting sacked? throw it away...how many times this year have they been2nd and 18 or 3rd and 22?? stats like that speaks for themselves

Hulud
01-03-2007, 11:44 AM
:lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmfao: :lmao:

touche

2.0civic
01-03-2007, 11:45 AM
WRONG

and what were his passing stats? Compare Young to VICK, id love to see that

STEVE YOUNG
Among the league's all-time top 50
Pass attempts: 34
Completions: 20
Passing yards: 21
Passing TDs: 19

Rushing |
| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |
| 1985 tam | 5 | 72 138 52.2 935 6.8 3 8 | 40 233 1 |
| 1986 tam | 14 | 195 363 53.7 2282 6.3 8 13 | 74 425 5 |
| 1987 sfo | 8 | 37 69 53.6 570 8.3 10 0 | 26 190 1 |
| 1988 sfo | 11 | 54 101 53.5 680 6.7 3 3 | 27 184 1 |
| 1989 sfo | 10 | 64 92 69.6 1001 10.9 8 3 | 38 126 2 |
| 1990 sfo | 6 | 38 62 61.3 427 6.9 2 0 | 15 159 0 |
| 1991 sfo | 11 | 180 279 64.5 2517 9.0 17 8 | 66 415 4 |
| 1992 sfo | 16 | 268 402 66.7 3465 8.6 25 7 | 76 537 4 |
| 1993 sfo | 16 | 314 462 68.0 4023 8.7 29 16 | 69 407 2 |
| 1994 sfo | 16 | 324 461 70.3 3969 8.6 35 10 | 58 293 7 |
| 1995 sfo | 11 | 299 447 66.9 3200 7.2 20 11 | 50 250 3 |
| 1996 sfo | 12 | 214 316 67.7 2410 7.6 14 6 | 52 310 4 |
| 1997 sfo | 15 | 241 356 67.7 3029 8.5 19 6 | 50 199 3 |
| 1998 sfo | 15 | 322 517 62.3 4170 8.1 36 12 | 70 454 6 |
| 1999 sfo | 3 | 45 84 53.6 446 5.3 3 4 | 11 57 0

In 1992 YOung RUSHED for over 500yds, but they lost to the cowboys in the conference championship.

The last time the 49ers won was in 1995, when young rushed for 250yds.

LOL your questionw as a little misleadign to some i guess since you didnt clarify they had to rush 500 AND win superbowl in the SAME year lolol

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 11:48 AM
LOL your questionw as a little misleadign to some i guess since you didnt clarify they had to rush 500 AND win superbowl in the SAME year lolol
ok even if you interpret it that way, 1 YEAR young rushed for over 500yards, an they lost that year, look at the years they WON with him.

88-rushed for 184 yds
89-rushed for 126 yds
94-rushed for 293 yds

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
vick is rushing for over 1000yds. New breed of QB my ass, ill take Steve "Im mormon with 7 wives" young over michael "i got more Nikes than i know what to do with" vick anyday.

Im joking about the mormon comment

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 11:54 AM
vick is rushing for over 1000yds. New breed of QB my ass, ill take Steve "Im mormon with 7 wives" young over michael "i got more Nikes than i know what to do with" vick anyday.

Im joking about the mormon comment

I never said I would take Vick over Young. The question was left kindo open and not to specific. Like I said before though I am a Bengals fan and don't support Vick because I am a Falcons fan. I just think he needs a better chance.

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 11:56 AM
plays called by the coaches arent routes breaking down and him holding the ball to long. one thing vick could do that would make him a million times better is throw the ball out...

getting sacked? throw it away...how many times this year have they been2nd and 18 or 3rd and 22?? stats like that speaks for themselves

He hasn't learned the concept of just throwing away the ball to well yet.

{X}Echo419
01-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I never said I would take Vick over Young. The question was left kindo open and not to specific. Like I said before though I am a Bengals fan and don't support Vick because I am a Falcons fan. I just think he needs a better chance.
and he could have it in an Arena or Canadian football league :lmfao:

{X}Echo419
01-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I move to change the name of this thread to, "Mike Vick. wtf mate?!" or something along those lines. :2cents:

97ITR86
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
and he could have it in an Arena or Canadian football league :lmfao:

Naw with another NFL team.

blown_ss
01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
im a huge falcons fan and i like vick but, i do have to agree with some of the things that people are saying from both sides. vick is not as much of a team player as we need him to be, he doesnt control the team like he should. i dont think that we can blame any one person for the way that the falcons have been playing. there are too many good players on one team for them not to be a great team, that goes along with the coaches. i know that mora should have not said what he did on that radio station but, besides that he has been a good coach and we shouldnt have not got rid of him. there are alot of things that vick needs to work on as well as the rest of the team, i mean look at alge he was amazing last year and this year he dropped everything. if the falcons could learn to bring it to every game theres not a team out there that could stop them. as far as a new coach i dont know who to pick but, i think that we need to trade dunn for a good wide receiver. and for you people who thinks that vick should take a pay cut, you must not know that he took one at the beginning of this season so that they could keep schwab as a back up for one more year. so we can stop saying things like that because he already did. thats just my .02.

1SICKLEX
01-03-2007, 04:41 PM
the really sad part is Atlanta has some damn fans for a change and want to root for the Falcons but we suck.