PDA

View Full Version : togue (sp) racing

2.0civic
12-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Just wandering if this makes since to anyone else but say a corolla for example lines up with a supra for togue and the supra keeps two cars the entire time on the corolla, does the corolla win for "staying on the supras ass?"

explain

2.0civic
12-31-2006, 01:37 PM
i mean to me, winner is the person in front at the end

WhiteAccord
12-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Togue battles are basically moutain runs from one point to another.... rules are that

They start off with a roll with a distance between in the beginning to the end if the gap closes then the person in the back wins if the gap is increased then the person in the front wins...

just think about highway runs... same concept

2.0civic
12-31-2006, 02:10 PM
so person in front wins? thats highway lol

Bruce Leroy
12-31-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't think that you can safely pass on a touge.

David88vert
12-31-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't think that you can safely pass on a touge.

That depends on the road and the drivers involved.

2.0civic
12-31-2006, 04:41 PM
That depends on the road and the drivers involved.

you might be onto something..:goodjob:

Dietcoke
01-01-2007, 04:51 AM
Its all well and good until the person in front has better brakes then the person in the rear.

David88vert
01-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Its all well and good until the person in front has better brakes then the person in the rear.

If the person in front has better braking, he will be braking later than the person in the rear ...... ;)

Doppelgänger
01-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes, togue battles are follow the leader with no passing becaue passing isnt safe most the time, japanese roads are much narrower then ours. So in essence, if you can keep a close distance to the car in front of you, you are showing that you should be able to pass if the opportunity was there and that you could show more control by 'mocking' the other drivers abilities and keep control. Kinda like tandem drifting when the following person stays on the leaders ass the whole run, he gets the advantage as long as he shows control of the car by maintaining good drift and staying close to the front car. Loose distance, you show you could even keep up, let along get ahead... = you loose

SpoolBus
01-01-2007, 01:57 PM
One of my favorite's Togue (http://media.putfile.com/AE86-vs-Skyline)

WhiteAccord
01-01-2007, 02:15 PM
86 owns!!!!!

Driftk1d350z
01-01-2007, 05:05 PM
It all depends on the road...if the road is too narrow to pass on then you would have to do more runs until someone fucks up. It also depends if you lined up side by side or with the corolla or supra leading. If you line up side by side then who ever is at the bottom wins....if you do the lead/follow thing then you go until someone starts pulling or passes the other person(if passing is possible). Just watch some more initial D Steven :goodjob:haha

please correct me if i am wrong on this

Doppelgänger
01-01-2007, 06:11 PM
It all depends on the road...if the road is too narrow to pass on then you would have to do more runs until someone fucks up. It also depends if you lined up side by side or with the corolla or supra leading. If you line up side by side then who ever is at the bottom wins....if you do the lead/follow thing then you go until someone starts pulling or passes the other person(if passing is possible). Just watch some more initial D Steven :goodjob:haha

please correct me if i am wrong on this

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm NO. Its always done from a roll with one car following the other in single file, refer to my above post for the rest.

HiPSI
01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Just watch some more initial D Steven :goodjob:haha

apparently all of you watch too much of it.

you want to race on a mountain? SCCA hillclimb, separates the men from the boys.

Driftk1d350z
01-02-2007, 01:52 AM
apparently i do...sorry for the false information...i dont mountain race and i know little of it :(

GTScoob
01-02-2007, 02:08 AM
If the person in front has better braking, he will be braking later than the person in the rear ...... ;)

+1. I never get why people worry about being rearended if they outbrake the person behind them; if anything they'll put more distance between them and the other car.

Touge racing is stupid.

David88vert
01-02-2007, 08:43 PM
It used to be ok, but nowadays there are just too many people up there. Too risky most of the time. Plus, there are more tracks available now than there used to be.

eViLMunkey
01-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Mountain runs are always fun to do.