PDA

View Full Version : Camber bolts safe on all 4 corners?

GTScoob
12-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Is it safe to double up camber bolts on all four corners of the car? I've got a set of STI struts that I'm going to put on the wagon and they will add about .5 degrees of static camber alll around; I've got camber bolts to correct and was going to put 2 on each strut so I can get decent negative camber.

green91
12-29-2006, 05:54 PM
If a wrx strut is anything like most cars (im not sure) it wont do you any good to run two camber bolts on each strut, they will actually counter-act themselves.. you usually only wanna run a camber bolt in the top hole on the strut/knuckle and it pivots on the bottom one.

GTScoob
12-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Macpherson struts. The bolts said that I can run one in the top and bottom mounting holes. Max neg camber is with one all the way positive and the other all the way neg I'd think; some guys on nasioc were talking about setting the bottom one all the way neg and using the top one for fine tuning.

Sedan track is a little bit wider so I should be able to use the bolts to pull the struts into a better alignment.

green91
12-29-2006, 08:41 PM
yea if you set them opposite that would work, i didnt even think of that. whoever does your alignments is gonna love you lol. camber bolts are a pita sometimes with alignments, ive definately fough with a couple myself