PDA

View Full Version : FS: iPOD

AnthonyF
06-12-2005, 06:24 AM
I do not know much about these things. My person at my work gave me this thing. It turns on, the apple shows up and it shows a file (folder). I do not know if it needs to be charged or what. i also do not know the going price for these things except for the brand new price. I'll start it off at 100 bucks. Because I know I am going to get lowballed on this.

C22H19N3O4
06-12-2005, 06:48 AM
When you turn on the Ipod does it have a folder with an exclamation point? Also, when you turn it on, does it go past the file folder? Once the \"apple\" is gone you should be able to use the click wheel to move around the menu. It should say things like \"about, settings,\" etc. Looks like a 4 gen 20 or 40 gig Ipod. If you can\'t get past the folder icon it means the harddisk has become corrupt and won\'t download music or update to current firmware. It would have to be sent back to Apple to be fixed. If you can get past the file folder icon I\'d be interested.

AnthonyF
06-12-2005, 04:41 PM
all i see is an Apple and then the file with the exclamation point. well, since it is broke (sorta). i guess, if anyone wants it at all. i'll take the best price for it, or should I stick it on ebay and sell it AS IS?

C22H19N3O4
06-12-2005, 04:54 PM
If you can sell it on Egay go for it, but state it has the fold with exclamation. Ipods are so hot now they'll buy it. Those who know anything about Ipods ( I own 2) will probably shy away from it. Actually you can call Apple and they may sell you an extended warranty to get that fixed.

Tarzanman
06-13-2005, 11:18 AM
why in the world do you need 2 ipods? I thought the whole idea was that they are portable and can be taken with you everywhere you go

C22H19N3O4
06-13-2005, 11:19 PM
What in the above reply leads you to believe it\'s not portable? I own a 40 gig Ipod which holds 10,000 songs ( along with all files and Podcasts) and is very portable. I also own a 1 gig Ipod Shuffle to take along during workouts. The 40gig isn\'t the easiest to lug around while doing cardio. I wouldn\'t buy any other portable.

JoeCoolinATL
08-22-2005, 02:23 AM
still got it? and the hard drive is probaly gone, hence the file with the exclamation point thats what happened to my 3rdgen