PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Need advice on untapped platform.

VegetaRules
12-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Okay, trading in my ricey Celica after much delibiration over cost/rewards, & realized that spending $5000-$6000 to boost the car to only 300WHP is waste of money.

Now I've had a great ass convo with 99SI about the 04-07 Pontiac GTO. Now I'm asking you certified geniouses to assist me in finding a new car to boost. I am looking for a sleeper-type, so please not a long list of things I can do to an EVO, or STR-4/STI, or WRX.

I like those cars, just don't wanna be at a meet & be the 18th person owning those cars. So let this begin. If you do pop out a car, please keep in mind this is me trading the car in, so no " take $ 3000 & buy a Honda".

This is trade in Celica for $8G's towards this car here. Thanks in advanced & reps to all positive posters.....Vegeta

thepolecat
12-28-2006, 05:17 PM
What is your max spending limit? and do you want new, used, limit on age? etc

VegetaRules
12-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I was just thinking I forgot to mention that. lol Well the age doesn't matter too much to me as the stability of the engine does. You know how Honda engines run forever as long as they're well-maintained.

Oh yeah, any dealers that can facilitate any transactions are welcolme as well.

I'd like to stay under 20G's, new or used doesn't matter. Just as long as I can mod it, it can handle mods/power, & parts are reasonably priced. Now with taxes coming up in next couple of days, I'll have roughly 3g's as well. Ws going to use that for the boost. lol....Vegeta

4dmin
12-28-2006, 06:55 PM
well all depends on what your into...

american: V8 camero/mustang... many are POS and sound better then they run, but if built your talking real power that most imports can't touch... if you want 4 banging SRT4 stgIII or SVT Foci + boost

european: S4 debadge to look like A4 makes a great sleeper, or 1.8t + turbo upgrade (way cheaper and practical ;) )

japanese: s2000 + boost, vr4, rx7 + boost, specV + boost, any hondoh!...

Hektik
12-28-2006, 07:02 PM
SAAB 93 Vector SEDAN

http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/outros/saab-93-aero-2002-3.jpg

VegetaRules
12-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the imput guys. You've both been repped. Well, after thinking it over the RX-7 is in my range, as are some Supra's. I forgot about S2000's, & I'm not really into Saabs, or 4 door cars.

I have always like Camaro's, but those can be bought cheaply from what I've seen, so with me needing to trade the Celica in, I'd imagine I'd need more expensive car. I figured what the payments will look like with interest/ dp.

So S2000's seems good way to go. So hell no to the GTO?? lol....Vegeta

CHADbee
12-28-2006, 08:27 PM
IMHO the GTO is way to heavy of a car...i do love my neon :D

also think about a 350z but ur are gonna pay more than 3 grand to boost it...same with the s2k check into the new mazdaspeed3 and other cars that come from the factory boosted cause they are sooo much easier to make more power with cause u can up the factory boost or switch to a larger turbo alot easier than boosting a non boosted car

VegetaRules
12-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Oh Chad, naw, I'm kool with the money to boost whatever car I get, thats no problem. Just trying to find that nice sleeper/ not alot of people have type of car.

I'm estimating on getting anywhere from $7-9G'S for my ricer.lol So the range to make the car note in reasonable note, where I can double payments & get it out of the way faster.

I like EVO's, but the fiancee doesn't, so she's not going to be pissy in my car. lol So thats kinda why I'm in this dilenma. lol But ya'll keep em comming. I do wanna know th eboost potential & roughly how much it'll cost.

I am ditching the GTO thing, the parts are ridiculousdly high. almost all their basic parts are $700+....Vegeta

CHADbee
12-28-2006, 09:37 PM
u dont see many boosted 350's/G35s running around and i've only seen 1 boosted s2k running around and thoose are really nice cars that arent the 4 door ricer type. if u have the funds to spend 6k+ on boosting one of thoose cars thats what i would go with if i was u.

boosted G35s are hot!

TIGERJC
12-28-2006, 09:49 PM
real men drive mr2s, just ask yourself how many have u seen in your lifetime

VegetaRules
12-29-2006, 09:32 AM
real men drive mr2s, just ask yourself how many have u seen in your lifetime

Tiger, you're right, but look on Autotrader, there's only like 2 MR2's for sale in GA. Besides that Acet guy selling his on here. I would love an MR2 because you don't see em.

Chad, thats surprising that not many people have boosted 350Z's. I'd think they would be. I know the cars heavy, so that may be where I go. Yes G35's are nice. Thanks again fellas, ya'll have been repped properly. lol...Vegeta

sprix!
12-29-2006, 10:21 AM
I like GTOs.... alot. You don't see very many running around, but they definitely turn heads whenever you do see one. As far as the platform, either 6.0 or 5.7 would be greate. LS engines are pretty good out of the box. I have driven one, and I considered trading my car for one. I would go for it. And for being a sleeper, it is great. Most people don't recognize it, or some think it is a Grand Prix Coupe, so they are shocked when you throw that Corvette LS sound in their faces...

TIGERJC
12-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Tiger, you're right, but look on Autotrader, there's only like 2 MR2's for sale in GA. Besides that Acet guy selling his on here. I would love an MR2 because you don't see em.

Chad, thats surprising that not many people have boosted 350Z's. I'd think they would be. I know the cars heavy, so that may be where I go. Yes G35's are nice. Thanks again fellas, ya'll have been repped properly. lol...Vegeta
I have a friend trying to sell his mr2 for 10k, and try mr2trader.com,mr2board.com,mr2oc.com

NoPainT
12-29-2006, 12:23 PM
ROTARY POWERED AE86

-nuff said

SampaGuy
12-29-2006, 02:14 PM
boost or some type of swap on a subaru svx

VegetaRules
12-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Okay, well got better news yesterday. One I'm getting between $5200-$6000 back from taxes. Now that clears me on some other type issues. My car club wants me to EVO, or STI.

So now that money's clear well on 2nd, or 15th, would I be better off trading the car in, or trying to sell it here? I'm imagining I'd have hard ass time selling my Celica on here, but I may lose some money on the trade-in.

Well, at least one probs out of the way, so we'll see where this goes. Yeesh, I used to think it was easy picking cars. I used to just look & say " wow that looks tight". Now after IA, I now say " Damn, you only start at XXXHP stock" LMAO....Vegeta

Wurm
12-30-2006, 10:37 AM
boosted BMX