PDA

View Full Version : Auto Lock on Honda Broken

rs1-tuning
12-28-2006, 12:33 PM
My car has auto lock (press the button or flip the switch thing). Anywho. One day I tried to get out (from inside) and everytime I pulled on the handle it locked itself again. Well now, I can't open it from outsite with the push button or even with a key. This is a used door, installed around 3-4 months ago. Is this a minor or major problem I can take back to the body shop?

IntegraXTR
12-28-2006, 12:58 PM
i've had the same problem, try this. Go outside the driver side, pull on the handle like you're opening the car a couple times, then use your palm and push the handle in with some force, while doing this unlock it at the same time with your key or someone on the inside hit the switch. If this works, then you need to get a new latch. (when you open the door, its the piece on the side of the door that locks to your door jam.)

2.0civic
12-28-2006, 01:17 PM
the door was actually just put on...reason it is a concern is cause the car was hit before and and the body shop put a used door on (fine i geuss at the time) and then proceeded to do a halfassed job on the paint...they then repainted the entire side and shit and it was still fucked up. So she really isnt looking for a halfassed way to open but really a way to get it fixed either by the shop since it is warranteed for a year or if she has to go back through her insurance first

rs1-tuning
12-28-2006, 02:46 PM
:gay: I kind of like Bo-Duking it to get into my car.