PDA

View Full Version : Show Tips For The New People

Brett
03-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I know there are MANY new people on IA latley and im sure many of you all will be doing your 1st show season, I have seen some questions about class's, etc... So I hope this helps a bit.

Basic Show Class's:

Stock- This is a class that sort of speaks for itself, Cars that are stock or have MINOR bolt on parts, but no suspension setup ( I.E lowering ) and have basically all stock look/parts.

Mild- This is the next level up. Mild cars have minor bolt on parts, interior upgrades ( I.E. stereo, racing seats, etc ) suspension upgrades, wheels, with/without body or lip kit, etc. Basically nothing molded, shaved, not custom painted, no engine swap, no turbo/SC setup. You will find custom stereo setups, custom interior, etc.

Wild- This is the full out custom class. These are the cars that are shaved, Molded, Bagged, Custom paint, Can have Engine swaps, Turbo/SC setups, fibergass interiors/stero, front/rear conversions, wide body kits, etc.

Those are the basic class's you will see at shows, that is not including the BEST OF's that are also usally awarded at most shows as well.

Show Tips:

Display- You may not realize it or even think about it, But display is FREE points that can be added to yoir final score, and sets you apart from the rest of the cars. A display can be many things, From something as simple as a sign board that displays your mod list to full out setups around the car. Placing your trophies you have won is always a plus. Do not bring trophies from previous years, just bring the ones from the current season, Thats usally the un spoken rule.

Clean- I cant say this word enough. CLEAN YOUR RIDE!! This is the most effective way to earn points. When a judge comes to your car they will check, dont drive in with your car not washed and think a quick spray of quick detail will do the trick, it wont. Your paint needs to be clean, feel clean and have a deep gloss. Clean behind your wheels. Dont just clean the front of the rims, get behind them as well, They do check. Basically make sure your engine, Interior, wheels, everywhere is spotless. If you run your finger and find dirt... so will the judge. Dont have shit in your interior, Clean it, dont have trash in the car, etc.

Presentation- This is key as well, When a judge walks up to your car ( If the show allows you to present your car ) make the most of it, Its usally a few points in how you do it. Be confident and know your car and dont try and BS the judge and lie and say you have shit you dont, They do know and I have seen judges call people out on it, dont set yourself up for that. Point out whatever you dont think they see and be quick, you are usally given up to 2 minutes to do this.

Nittanys1
03-10-2005, 10:33 PM
well said! thnx 4 posting this again!

AnthonyF
03-11-2005, 09:17 PM
hey brett, I looked at your pics of your ride, and where did you get your valve cover painted? or did you do it yourself or buy it that way? thanks!

Brett
03-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Its chrome... Not painted :)

Nittanys1
03-11-2005, 09:24 PM
where did you get it chromed?

Brett
03-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Bought it like that, But I know they sell all over Ebay also.

Nittanys1
03-11-2005, 10:32 PM
yeah i have found one for my car...but i want to chrome a few more parts on the car.....

yerrow
03-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Display- You may not realize it or even think about it, But display is FREE points that can be added to yoir final score, and sets you apart from the rest of the cars. A display can be many things, From something as simple as a sign board that displays your mod list to full out setups around the car. Placing your trophies you have won is always a plus. Do not bring trophies from previous years, just bring the ones from the current season, Thats usally the un spoken rule.

never once EVER did i bring a past won trophy (current year or not) to another show as a disply. the car should be able to speak for itself

Dragonfly5338
03-12-2005, 12:19 AM
brett bought it from ME, bwahaha! you're my bitch!

nickrd
03-24-2005, 06:03 PM
never once EVER did i bring a past won trophy (current year or not) to another show as a disply. the car should be able to speak for itself

Yea I never have either. I do bring a plexi-stand display with mod list/pics, but think it's kinda 50/50 to bring trophies. I mean is it supposed to tell judges that just because I won something previously, this should mean I'm worthy at this show? Hmm... kinda ify, but hey, if it helps, its all good :)

Brett
03-24-2005, 08:11 PM
I do sometimes, Just depends on the size of the show, But when I do bring them, I only bring the current year I am showing

JC
04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
The only problem with the whole trophie thing is when you see like 20 trophies around a stock, hardly modified 3000GT. There was a 3000 GT at Spring Fling with like 25 trophies around it and the damn thing only had wheels and was dropped. I looked at it and was like you have got to be shitting me, what shows have you been attending or did you make your own trophies. It was embarrasing.

Kelly_Rene
04-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks for posting these tips!

bigb996
05-03-2005, 10:00 PM
thanks brett for the post man....helps clear things up for everyone. I am contimplating putting my car in the shows because i have gone more for performance than cosmetic and i think that will count against me in the long run.

dereksi
05-03-2005, 10:10 PM
It will in the show scene. You need ALOT of cosmetics to win any type of shows.

bigb996
05-03-2005, 10:25 PM
yea i had an integra i showed a couple of times, i won 1 trophie out of 2 competitions but i never had the time or money to do them. This car i have had the money to put into it but i have done all performance. I think they should have a performance class! haah....

Brett
05-08-2005, 10:08 AM
thanks brett for the post man....helps clear things up for everyone. I am contimplating putting my car in the shows because i have gone more for performance than cosmetic and i think that will count against me in the long run.

I will say this, if you go more "go" just make sure things like your engine bay are SPOTLESS and the rest of the car is VERY clean as well, that can sometimes make up for lacking in show stuff :)