PDA

View Full Version : WHAT GIVES W/ FAGGETTEISH SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMMING THESE DAYS

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 11:14 AM
SO I'M STUCK LISTENIN TO SOME BULLSHIT AT WORK, EVERY GAH DAMN 5 MINUTES I GOTTA HEAR SOME SHIT ABOUT "YOUR BEYOOOOOOOOOU-TIFAAAAAAAAAAL" "HOW TO SAAAVE A LIFE" WHAT GIVES W/ THIS BULL SHIT, MAN WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD DAYS WHEN MUSIC WAS SOMETHIN YOU ACTUALLY COULD LISTEN TO :thinking:

THIS IS NONSENSE, I REALLY AM RAMBLING RIGHT NOW AND JUST WRITING WHAT COMES TO MIND (MARY JANE) BUT I DONT GET IT! (BLUNTS) WHAT GIVES W/ THE RADIO I MEAN ITS THE SAME 8 SONGS ALL DAY EVERY DAY THIS IS BS AND YOU KNOW IT (WEED)

P.S WHO HEARD ABOUT YOGI Y PANDA AND THE REGULAR GUYS GETTIN INTO IT?? DAMN THATS WHY THEY GOT FIRED I HAD NO IDEA

Brett
12-27-2006, 11:14 AM
You must be pissed that they took 94.9 Lite FM and turned it into a country station huh? :lmfao:

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
WHAT??

PhAtBoYMr2
12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
All i read was where the purp at?

Jimmy B
12-27-2006, 11:18 AM
i agree... there is a time and place for those songs, and its not me listening to them!!!

now, beautiful was played at my boys funeral.. so i got a lil respect for that song.. but the others.. dont need to get played

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 11:18 AM

FOR REAL DOG, YO MAN WHATS THE DEAL, WHEN WE THROWIN DOWN I JUST MASHED OUT A 1/4 OF THAT CITRUS FUNK

PhAtBoYMr2
12-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Man this fucking whip giving me issues man, You'll see me alot more once i get this shit situated. I can't freestyle like i used to with no whip

PhAtBoYMr2
12-27-2006, 11:20 AM
and dee leaving for good by this weeked? wtf gives????

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 11:21 AM
^^ AW HELL NAW SON THAT SHIT WAS ON POINT, MARK KNOW HOW TO ROCK A MIC HAHAHA

PIERRE STILL GET SENSITIVE WHEN I BRING IT UP "YO NIGGA MEMBER WHEN MARK STRAIGHT MASHED YOU SON? HOHO IT WAS GREAT" P JUST WANNA GET ALL SERIOUS LOOKIN, WHATTA LAMER

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 11:22 AM
and dee leaving for good by this weeked? wtf gives????

YEA MAN SHE OUT FOR A LIL WHILE, SHE NEED HER ASIAN SIDE, CULTURE AND ALL THAT, SHE GETTIN MAD MEXICAN WESTSIDER L.A CRIPPIN 213 OVERLOAD AROUND ME AND MY BOYS MAN, HAHA.. POOR DEE SHE NEVER SAW IT COMIN

jon360
12-27-2006, 11:23 AM

funny, thats the same thing i read.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-27-2006, 11:23 AM
HHAHAHAHAHAHHA

i almost forgot about that, I hope he doesn't bring it up next time i see him b/c i've been practicing.

eS_05
12-27-2006, 11:24 AM
P.S WHO HEARD ABOUT YOGI Y PANDA AND THE REGULAR GUYS GETTIN INTO IT?? DAMN THATS WHY THEY GOT FIRED I HAD NO IDEA

so thats wuts happened!!!! i was wonderin wut happened!!!!! u got any more info on wut exactly happened!!! :D

SLOWLYbtngU
12-27-2006, 11:26 AM
SO I'M STUCK LISTENIN TO SOME BULLSHIT AT WORK, EVERY GAH DAMN 5 MINUTES I GOTTA HEAR SOME SHIT ABOUT "YOUR BEYOOOOOOOOOU-TIFAAAAAAAAAAL" "HOW TO SAAAVE A LIFE" WHAT GIVES W/ THIS BULL SHIT, MAN WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD DAYS WHEN MUSIC WAS SOMETHIN YOU ACTUALLY COULD LISTEN TO :thinking:

THIS IS NONSENSE, I REALLY AM RAMBLING RIGHT NOW AND JUST WRITING WHAT COMES TO MIND (MARY JANE) BUT I DONT GET IT! (BLUNTS) WHAT GIVES W/ THE RADIO I MEAN ITS THE SAME 8 SONGS ALL DAY EVERY DAY THIS IS BS AND YOU KNOW IT (WEED)

Ahhh...See, you gotta listen to the original song where you get your explanation....Homeboy gets high as hell singing and let's you know "I am FUCKING HIGH!!!!"

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 11:35 AM
DIP THEM BLUNTS IN THE 'TUSSY AND SMOKE HIGH..
DUMB HIGH..
NIGGA I CAN LOOK INTO THE SUNS EYES

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 11:38 AM
so thats wuts happened!!!! i was wonderin wut happened!!!!! u got any more info on wut exactly happened!!! :D

YEA MAN THEY WAS ALL EN EL BAÑO, YOGI PANDA AND THEM REGULAR GUYS, SO THEY START GETTIN INTO IT ABOUT THE WHOLE IMMIGRATION ISSUE AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE BLA BLA, ANYWAYS THE REGULAR GUYS TAPED THE DISCUSSION, YOGI AN THEM WAS CUSSIN IN SPANISH, IT WAS SOME HEATED SHIT..

SO THEY PLAY IT ON THE RADIO I GUESS, REGULAR GUYS GET FIRED, 96 ROCK CHANGES PROGRAMMING, YOGI TURNS IN HIS RESIGNATION (ON HIS OWN WILL, HE WAS SUPPOSEDLY GETTING DEATH THREATS FRROM 96 ROCK FANS)... AND ON TOP OF THAT, YOGI TAKIN THEM REGULAR GUYS TO COURT, SOMETHIN ABOUT INVASION OF PRIVACY..

eS_05
12-27-2006, 11:40 AM
man over immigration issues? wtf yogi should of wupped they ass and flushed the head down the fuckin toilet!!!!!! thats some bull shit!!!!

eS_05
12-27-2006, 11:41 AM
so whats up with panda? is he stayin leavin or wut????

on another note i won some skating tickets from viva!!!!!lol!!!!
yay from me!!!!! i was the 7 caller i think!!!!! man and thats guy they tape record u then they put u in the radio!!!!! i thought i was gonna be live!!!!!

SLOWLYbtngU
12-27-2006, 11:42 AM
YEA MAN THEY WAS ALL EN EL BAÑO, YOGI PANDA AND THEM REGULAR GUYS, SO THEY START GETTIN INTO IT ABOUT THE WHOLE IMMIGRATION ISSUE AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE BLA BLA, ANYWAYS THE REGULAR GUYS TAPED THE DISCUSSION, YOGI AN THEM WAS CUSSIN IN SPANISH, IT WAS SOME HEATED SHIT..

SO THEY PLAY IT ON THE RADIO I GUESS, REGULAR GUYS GET FIRED, 96 ROCK CHANGES PROGRAMMING, YOGI TURNS IN HIS RESIGNATION (ON HIS OWN WILL, HE WAS SUPPOSEDLY GETTING DEATH THREATS FRROM 96 ROCK FANS)... AND ON TOP OF THAT, YOGI TAKIN THEM REGULAR GUYS TO COURT, SOMETHIN ABOUT INVASION OF PRIVACY..
OH wow!!! That explains a lot I tried to tune in this morning cuz I normally listen to my iPod but that show cracks me up...So I figured why not turn on the radio...Waited...Waited...Nothing...I was like umm.. ok??? :thinking:

2.0civic
12-27-2006, 11:43 AM
thread of the day here folks

eS_05
12-27-2006, 11:45 AM
thread of the day here folks

YES this yogi and panda situation is serious!!!!! wuts gonna happen with viva????? :no: :no:

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 11:47 AM
WHO KNOWS, I MEAN ITS THE SAME OWNERS AS 96 ROCK, THEY JUST ON DIFF FLOORS, ALL I KNOW IS THAT SHIT IS GOIN TO COURT, YOGI WASNT FORCED OUT BUT HE WAS GETTIN CRAZY THREATS, PEOPLE CALLIN VIVA, IT WAS NUTS... LEMME SEE IF I CAN FIND SOME INFO ON IT

Leisa
12-27-2006, 11:47 AM
I have a radio on my desk, listening to 95.5 but they are always repeating their music

eS_05
12-27-2006, 11:49 AM
shit time 2 listen to real music
*turns radio to 105.3*
La Patrona!!!!

SLOWLYbtngU
12-27-2006, 12:06 PM
WHO KNOWS, I MEAN ITS THE SAME OWNERS AS 96 ROCK, THEY JUST ON DIFF FLOORS, ALL I KNOW IS THAT SHIT IS GOIN TO COURT, YOGI WASNT FORCED OUT BUT HE WAS GETTIN CRAZY THREATS, PEOPLE CALLIN VIVA, IT WAS NUTS... LEMME SEE IF I CAN FIND SOME INFO ON IT
Please do...Damn man that is crazy...

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 02:19 PM
http://www.atlantalatino.com/detail.php?id=6899 (SORRY, NO ENGLISH)

Juan Tapia conocido en el medio radial como ‘Yogi’ anunció que el programa que condujo junto a los locutores José Carias

‘Panda’ y Brenda Bueno saldrá al aire hasta el 22 de diciembre.“El show de Yogi y Panda por la mañana” fue durante dos años uno de los programas radiales hispanos más sintonizados al que -incluso-, se le reconoce por promover marchas y actividades a favor de los inmigrantes.

Tapia reveló que presentó su renuncia formal a la compañía Clear Channel Communications propietaria de la estación Viva 105.7 FM el pasado 1 de diciembre.

“Puse todas mis esperanzas en esta ciudad, incluso vendí mi casa en California, compré otra casa aquí y ahora voy a Texas. Todo fue a raíz de la demanda contra los Regular Guys, a partir de eso se terminó mi carrera y mi ciclo con Clear Channel; ya no tengo la oportunidad de seguir creciendo profesionalmente por aquel incidente. La situación legal continúa estando yo dentro o fuera de la compañía”, aseveró.

En octubre los presentadores del show matutino demandaron a los locutores Larry Wachs y Eric Haessler de la emisora 96Rock (WKLS-FM) alegando que ellos hacían declaraciones ofensivas sobre su orientación sexual, raza y nacionalidad al aire y que Clear Channel ignoró sus quejas.

Con 20 años de experiencia, el popular ‘Yogi’ comentó que se quejó de los abusos, ofensas y agresiones contra él y la comunidad hispana en general y que la compañía (Clear Channel) de algún modo lo había permitido.

“Agredieron nuestra integridad y privacidad y le puse fin a una serie de abusos. Dejo un buen legado, nunca más a un locutor hispano se le agredirá de esa forma, y me voy sí, un poco triste pero por la puerta grande, muy contento, y creo que hicimos varias cosas por la comunidad”, sostuvo.

De acuerdo con Tapia la decisión de renunciar fue personal y por una cuestión de valores.

“Hay una cosa que se llama ética en este negocio y por lo tanto no puedo seguir en una compañía a la cual le entablé una demanda. Me siento incómodo, no tengo la necesidad de seguir escuchando amenazas de muerte por los ex oyentes del programa ‘The Regular Guys’, me han llovido amenazas y ofensas y para mí lo más importante es la integridad de mi familia. No trasgredí ninguna ley solo me quejé de lo que ocurría”, enfatizó.

Sobre su futuro, el famoso locutor indicó que ha recibido una propuesta en Texas para participar en un gran proyecto y comentó el sentimiento de nostalgia por su pronta partida.
“Uno se lleva las cosas bonitas y la satisfacción de hacer un buen trabajo. Estuve en una estación que tiene todos los elementos para triunfar y en Atlanta hay mucho talento, se queda ‘Panda’ quien es una persona muy organizada y un ser humano extraordinario, definitivamente se queda mi otra mitad”, concluyó.

Aunque Tapia no reveló detalles, indicó que ‘Panda’ y Bueno tendrán un programa de entretenimiento, con un formato similar pero bajo otro nombre.

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 02:20 PM
http://regularguys.typepad.com/the_regular_guys_show/2006/10/i_have_a_statem.html

I HAVE A STATEMENT TO MAKE
Bloggers, journalists, broadcasters, listeners, and friends—

As you may have heard, The Regular Guys Show has been terminated once again by Clear Channel Radio. In the past week, my partner, Eric Von Haessler, and I have been silent during a paid suspension while we awaited the results of a company investigation into a minor incident that has since snowballed into something that now demands a public response due to the fact that the principals on the other side are attempting to distort the facts and smear my reputation as a citizen and broadcaster and, in the short term, withhold my income without review or discussion with us.

All of this current mess took root, to my knowledge, in March, when the first national Hispanic illegal alien protests were taking place. We were doing our show in Orlando, from Braves spring training. Listeners started calling us on the air to get our opinion of the boycotts that were going on throughout the metro area and in other major cities across America. As the calls increased in volume, it became the only topic that day as it was on many talk shows across the country.

At one point in the show, we asked a producer to go down the hall and invite Yogi and Panda from Viva 105.7, also owned by Clear Channel, on the air to discuss the issue since some listeners had told us that they were exhorting their audience to boycott and take the day off. They agreed to come on and were ushered into our studio with our board operator, and we had a spirited discussion on the air.

In subsequent days, they complained to local Clear Channel management that they had been "disrespected" and that we should be lectured and punished for being in disagreement and making humorous comments about their point of view, all of which occurred exclusively on the air. Clear Channel management told them on more than one occasion that the opinions we express on the air are fair game, as are theirs, and protected not only by CC company policy, but also the 1st Amendment, and that if they didn't want to look bad on the air, perhaps they shouldn't agree to come on our show in the future. Nonetheless, the complaints continued unbeknownst to me through the year.

Fast forward to two weeks ago.

I was in the restroom down the hall from our studios after our broadcast was over on October 9, 2006. I carry a voice recorder on me and had it out to make some notes for a show meeting five minutes hence. Into the restroom walked Mr. Tapia and Mr. Carias who passed me at the urinal and headed for the two stalls in the corner. It’s a small restroom and there is no way they could not have seen me, further evidenced by the recording of them yelling insults at me from behind the stall doors which proves they knew I was there, knew I was recording, blowing up their claims of expectation of privacy, and that they still had an axe to grind about my on air opinions going back 7 months. They refused to talk to me like men. They chose to go into the bathroom stall and shout epithets in Spanish, not knowing I understand enough to know they were insulting me. Never have I engaged them in anymore than a simple wave hello off the air in the entire time we both worked there. In addition, the company has approved similar bits like this in the past.

This sparked another round of complaints to the company, who offered reasonable solutions to satisfy their ongoing and baseless grievances, but, insisting it was about the “honor of their culture,” Mr. Tapia and Mr. Carias went ahead and filed the criminal charge in Fulton County Magistrate Court against me and then filed civil complaints in Superior Court of Fulton County, GA against the company for "negligent hiring" and harassment and invasion of privacy chargess against me personally, omitting in the affidavit the salient fact that all remarks made about them and immigration were on the air, never off the air.

I have been more than willing, at the company’s request, to agree in writing not to even so much as speak of Yogi and Panda on the air going forward, for the sake of company harmony, and clear up any misconceptions they have about my opinion of them personally, which was on the favorable side, since they serve their audience well and deliver good ratings numbers and revenue.

A case of a humorous prank has turned into a culture clash, a suppression of 1st Amendment rights, and a ridiculous smear campaign against me as well as termination of my income without due process.

Kyle
12-27-2006, 02:33 PM
I hate it. I usually don't have to listen to the radio. But, the past three summers I have worked at the same place and when you are sitting around the only thing to do is listen to the radio. I guess it's better than those places that have a set playlist of 20 songs that they have to listen to all day.

SLOWLYbtngU
12-27-2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.atlantalatino.com/detail.php?id=6899 (SORRY, NO ENGLISH)

Juan Tapia conocido en el medio radial como ‘Yogi’ anunció que el programa que condujo junto a los locutores José Carias

‘Panda’ y Brenda Bueno saldrá al aire hasta el 22 de diciembre.“El show de Yogi y Panda por la mañana” fue durante dos años uno de los programas radiales hispanos más sintonizados al que -incluso-, se le reconoce por promover marchas y actividades a favor de los inmigrantes.

Tapia reveló que presentó su renuncia formal a la compañía Clear Channel Communications propietaria de la estación Viva 105.7 FM el pasado 1 de diciembre.

“Puse todas mis esperanzas en esta ciudad, incluso vendí mi casa en California, compré otra casa aquí y ahora voy a Texas. Todo fue a raíz de la demanda contra los Regular Guys, a partir de eso se terminó mi carrera y mi ciclo con Clear Channel; ya no tengo la oportunidad de seguir creciendo profesionalmente por aquel incidente. La situación legal continúa estando yo dentro o fuera de la compañía”, aseveró.

En octubre los presentadores del show matutino demandaron a los locutores Larry Wachs y Eric Haessler de la emisora 96Rock (WKLS-FM) alegando que ellos hacían declaraciones ofensivas sobre su orientación sexual, raza y nacionalidad al aire y que Clear Channel ignoró sus quejas.

Con 20 años de experiencia, el popular ‘Yogi’ comentó que se quejó de los abusos, ofensas y agresiones contra él y la comunidad hispana en general y que la compañía (Clear Channel) de algún modo lo había permitido.

“Agredieron nuestra integridad y privacidad y le puse fin a una serie de abusos. Dejo un buen legado, nunca más a un locutor hispano se le agredirá de esa forma, y me voy sí, un poco triste pero por la puerta grande, muy contento, y creo que hicimos varias cosas por la comunidad”, sostuvo.

De acuerdo con Tapia la decisión de renunciar fue personal y por una cuestión de valores.

“Hay una cosa que se llama ética en este negocio y por lo tanto no puedo seguir en una compañía a la cual le entablé una demanda. Me siento incómodo, no tengo la necesidad de seguir escuchando amenazas de muerte por los ex oyentes del programa ‘The Regular Guys’, me han llovido amenazas y ofensas y para mí lo más importante es la integridad de mi familia. No trasgredí ninguna ley solo me quejé de lo que ocurría”, enfatizó.

Sobre su futuro, el famoso locutor indicó que ha recibido una propuesta en Texas para participar en un gran proyecto y comentó el sentimiento de nostalgia por su pronta partida.
“Uno se lleva las cosas bonitas y la satisfacción de hacer un buen trabajo. Estuve en una estación que tiene todos los elementos para triunfar y en Atlanta hay mucho talento, se queda ‘Panda’ quien es una persona muy organizada y un ser humano extraordinario, definitivamente se queda mi otra mitad”, concluyó.

Aunque Tapia no reveló detalles, indicó que ‘Panda’ y Bueno tendrán un programa de entretenimiento, con un formato similar pero bajo otro nombre.

:( Wow man that sucks...Lo que es el racismo....

eS_05
12-27-2006, 03:40 PM
nice thinkfast!!! +1 for the research!!!!

sucks though!!!! i wonder how the panda;s gonna hanlde the show!!!

thinkfast®
12-27-2006, 03:42 PM
^^ HE PROBLY WON'T LOL

I THINK ITS A BITCH BUT THEY SHOULDA ROLLED W/ THE PUNCHES YA KNOW, BOTH SIDES... YEA ITS FUCKED UP HE PLAYED SHIT ON THE RADIO, BUT ITS IGNORANCE OF 96ROCK'S FANBASE THAT CAUSED IT AS WELL, AND IT JUST GOT BLEW UP.

STI LOVER
12-27-2006, 03:55 PM
damn, that's fucked up. oh well, we'll have to see how that ends.

quickdodge®
12-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Hail I thought this was going to be a thread about G-Ushit "music." Later, QD.

thinkfast®
01-01-2007, 03:15 PM
lol