PDA

View Full Version : Misc So i broke down an bought an XBOX 360

Vteckidd
12-26-2006, 04:47 PM
and gears of war. HOLY SHIT, best game i have ever played.

I got about $200 in best buy gift cards, so i went to best buy today to see about getting a new video game system. Obviously, no PS3s, and i wasnt really trying to spend that much money.

I looked really hard at a Wii , and for the price ($249) i was motivated to get one. SOLD OUT

So i noticed that best buy had PALLETS (like 6 of them) full or 360s. i did some looking at the games, compared prices an features, and took the plunge.

im very satisfied so far. Ive been playin GOW for the last 2 hours, and cant get enough of it.

im sure ill buy a PS3 eventually when MGS4 comes out, but im satisfied with the XBOX , and very impressed

PhAtBoYMr2
12-26-2006, 04:50 PM
dude when gran turismo comes out PS3 is a must

xbox360 is pretty cool though, good thing you didnt get the wii

13Bracer
12-26-2006, 05:03 PM
good call the same shit happend to me like a week ago and i got one!!
i got halo 2 and test drive unlimited! both very good games exept it sucks cause halo 2 isnt for 360 but still works.

ive been wanting to check out gears of war?

so i should def buy it?

add me--- burnt toaost:goodjob:

Vteckidd
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Gear of War has to be the best shoot em up next to Metal Gear Solid

Mark, my cousin said on Dec 25th Sony realeased a full playable Demo of Gran Turismo, he downloaded it and said it is the sickest thing he has ever seen

im gonna go over to his house tomrrow to check it out

Vteckidd
12-26-2006, 05:59 PM
my only question on GOW is that i keep getting checkpoints, but i dont see any SAVE POINTS. where the hell can i save the game at

.blank cd
12-26-2006, 06:30 PM
I seen some PS3's @ walmart on barrett the on X-Mas eve

4dmin
12-26-2006, 07:22 PM
you have to get to the check points for saving... you'll love your 360 setup xbox live and you'll never get off that thing ;)

Vteckidd
12-26-2006, 07:28 PM
ok so its automatically saving when i come to check points. ok kool

im gonna setup the LIVE when i get home

dartingd
12-26-2006, 07:53 PM
360's are very nice..i'd like to get one some day...for right now i'll def. settle for my wii...tons of fun!

Sibious
12-26-2006, 11:03 PM
good call the same shit happend to me like a week ago and i got one!!
i got halo 2 and test drive unlimited! both very good games exept it sucks cause halo 2 isnt for 360 but still works.

ive been wanting to check out gears of war?

so i should def buy it?

add me--- burnt toaost:goodjob:
at target were haveing a sale on NFS Carbon and Gears of War $39.99. Great Deal!! i finally got me a 360 a few days ago an like it alot, well worht it so many feutures

4dmin
12-27-2006, 07:37 AM
if you guys are running Media Center PC's definately set your 360's up as extenders you'll fucking love the connectivity ;)

ct9a gsr
12-27-2006, 07:42 AM
lol

MGS series is not a "shoot em up" (aka FPS) type of game.. action/strategy with a first-person viewing mode, yes.

GoW is definitely a FPS geared to "shooting em up". Don't get me wrong, the game's entertaining and appealing to the eyes (despite a lot of glitching, model collisions, etc.), but the game play leaves a lot to be desired. Minus the sniper rifle and bow, every weapon doesn't require much besides spamming bullets behind shelter. This applies to all difficulty levels including the unlocked hardest difficulty.

/end_nerdy_talk

05Tib
12-27-2006, 08:02 AM
i did too. on the 24th i went out and finally bought an Xbox360, the cooling fans for the back, and BattleField 2. Yesterday i got the wireless internet adapter so i can get on Xbox Live and Call Of Duty 3. As much as ive heard about GOW ill be buying that soon.

Tank
12-27-2006, 09:13 AM
if you guys are running Media Center PC's definately set your 360's up as extenders you'll fucking love the connectivity ;)
you dont need media center no more you can do it with just plain XP now and yes xbox 360 i the shit go get rainbow 6 vegas and you will never leave your console i also have GOW its cool too im awaiting forza 2 then ill be satisifed

my 360 name is uryu ishida-----------------bring it on bitches :ninja:

Ran
12-27-2006, 10:01 AM
GoW is definitely a FPS geared to "shooting em up". Don't get me wrong, the game's entertaining and appealing to the eyes (despite a lot of glitching, model collisions, etc.), but the game play leaves a lot to be desired. Minus the sniper rifle and bow, every weapon doesn't require much besides spamming bullets behind shelter. This applies to all difficulty levels including the unlocked hardest difficulty.True, but that is what the game is designed for. An easy, attractive, blood-spurting bullet fest. I mean, just look at the simple retard-friendly controls. The A and X buttons do virtually everything except shoot and reload. It's made to look good and be simple. If you want tactical bits and strategy, then go get Rainbow 6 Vegas. If you want to jump online and shoot the sh*t outta people, get Gears of War.

I hear Rainbow 6 Vegas has some bad@ss online play too though, I may check it out.

4dmin
12-27-2006, 10:22 AM
you dont need media center no more you can do it with just plain XP now and yes xbox 360 i the shit go get rainbow 6 vegas and you will never leave your console i also have GOW its cool too im awaiting forza 2 then ill be satisifed

my 360 name is uryu ishida-----------------bring it on bitches :ninja:

yes you are correct that was fixed w/ the lastest patch but media center gives you more shit ;)

Vteckidd
12-27-2006, 05:07 PM
lol

MGS series is not a "shoot em up" (aka FPS) type of game.. action/strategy with a first-person viewing mode, yes.

GoW is definitely a FPS geared to "shooting em up". Don't get me wrong, the game's entertaining and appealing to the eyes (despite a lot of glitching, model collisions, etc.), but the game play leaves a lot to be desired. Minus the sniper rifle and bow, every weapon doesn't require much besides spamming bullets behind shelter. This applies to all difficulty levels including the unlocked hardest difficulty.

/end_nerdy_talk
listen here fuck face, dont ever talk to me about MGS. im the MASTER. :)

MGS wasnt a First Person shooter , but it DEFINETLY was a strategy and i think GOW is in the same caliber of game.

MGS was more strategy , and when Guns of the Patriots comes out, it will OWN ALL

JITB
12-27-2006, 05:29 PM
lol

/end_nerdy_talk

gow is 3rd person. :D

NevrNufTorq
12-27-2006, 07:34 PM
just wait til you play ghost recon mike! i'll let you borrow mine sometime

ShooterMcGavin
12-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Guy who bought the fan, return it now and get your money back and before it kills your 360, seriously, tons have ppl have had it melt onto the back of the 360, not to mention it actually helps it overheat since it draws power off the system.

13Bracer
12-27-2006, 10:12 PM
at target were haveing a sale on NFS Carbon and Gears of War $39.99. Great Deal!! i finally got me a 360 a few days ago an like it alot, well worht it so many feutures

good shit which one the one up by me in gainesville?
or all of them?

Crazy Asian
12-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Fudge shag you serious....great. Thanks for telling me. BAH!!

ct9a gsr
12-28-2006, 02:04 AM
listen here fuck face, dont ever talk to me about MGS. im the MASTER. :)

MGS wasnt a First Person shooter , but it DEFINETLY was a strategy and i think GOW is in the same caliber of game.

MGS was more strategy , and when Guns of the Patriots comes out, it will OWN ALL

LOL, I bet you used the radar in the first two MGS's, eh?... and felt lost with no radar in the 3rd MGS? :tongue:

MGS is by far my FAVORITE game ever played on the Playstation console... especially the third. The game itself is beyond epic status. The series is just amazing and Hideo Kojima is a master mind. I still get goose bumps when I hear the MGS theme. =D

However... GoW is DEFINITELY not in the same caliber, ball park, city, or planet as MGS. Both have guns... about the only thing they share. That's like saying a blue Evo8 the same caliber as a s13 w/ a 2jz... come on now. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Vteckidd
12-28-2006, 07:58 AM
haha touche.

I dunno what it is about GOW but it really is fun to me to play. i agree it gets A LITTLE boring after awhile cause it seems like there is no end in the game.

MGS FTW

Turbo04
12-28-2006, 08:03 PM
haha touche.

I dunno what it is about GOW but it really is fun to me to play. i agree it gets A LITTLE boring after awhile cause it seems like there is no end in the game.

MGS FTW

online play is where it's at. Period.

purplehazing
12-29-2006, 08:08 AM
wow weird welcome to the cult anyways go pick up graw so when graw 2 comes out u will be warm to the idea.

civic95
12-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Good choice, Wii is for children.

Fast Shadow
12-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Rainbow Six Vegas is the shit, nothing like storming a room full of bitches and peacing them all out before they can even react.

allmotorking
12-30-2006, 09:25 PM
love gears of war...the graphics are second to none. i am looking to get rainbow 6 next, heard that multiplayer was actually better.