PDA

View Full Version : So I was working at McDonald's yesterday...

BufordŽ
03-10-2005, 09:04 PM
... When this older lady (probably late 40's) and her son came rolling around to my window in their Acura MDX. Nice car, but nothing that would make them better than anyone. I go to cash them out; Her son was probably 10-11, and he spouts out loud enough for me to hear "mom, is he poor?". Me, being totally and completely offended, and dumbfounded by this statment, think out loud. "What the FUCK did this kid just say?" This isn't the worst part. His mother decides to chime in. I have my window propped open now. She turns to him and states the following, while trying to be quiet and discreet about it. "I honestly don't know. He works at McDonald's, so I think he is." That's when I flipped my shit. Her change happend to be $.02. As soon as she's done saying that, I hand the change to her and say "Here's your two cents,* thanks a lot, please leave my window."

*= Showing that her opinion wasn't welcomed.

Now, just how FUCKED up is that? I was so dumbfounded, and awe-struck, it took me a minute to process it. She could have ATLEAST waited until she had moved past my window to finish saying that. There were NO cars ahead of her.

It didn't surprise me as bad that the kid said this, but when the mother chimed in, is when that hurt me.

If these people knew me, they'd know that if I were poor, I wouldn't be able to have my Acura, and, once again, if they knew me, they'd know that I have a MUCH better job than McDonald's.

Questions? Comments? Opinions? Feel free to post. Thanks for reading.

Kevykev
03-10-2005, 09:08 PM
i don't know what to say...

That family's values are clearly built on an Ignorant foundation.

Leisa
03-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I agree... How can someone base your wealth status just by seeing you work at a restuarant...

Brett
03-10-2005, 09:13 PM
... if they knew me, they'd know that I have a MUCH better job than McDonald's.

That part confused me, So is this a second job then??

Cliff
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
ryan do i need to lend you some money buddy...i mean if you look that poor i can help out a lil

DJ XtRaKŠ
03-10-2005, 09:17 PM
you shoulda gotten fired for it...IE, you shoulda bitched at her and the little shit

Babygirls_Galant
03-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Okay, that's like the homeless man going door to door looking for a family to shelter him. And when a family finally does take in the homeless man, he unrobes himself for the family to find he has a nice suit and a million dollars in hand. And says "Thank You., You are the first family to take me in despite my social status." Ever since I heard that story I can't discriminate by what people drive, where they work, or what they wear, because 9 out of 10 times, they are better off than me anyways! LoL

BufordŽ
03-10-2005, 09:20 PM
That part confused me, So is this a second job then??

Yeah, McDizzle's is my "Mod Money" job. Just so I can get some extra money for mods, and to help save for school in the fall. My real job at Scientific Games is my much better job, and I've just been promoted with-in the company. Woo.

BufordŽ
03-10-2005, 09:21 PM
you shoulda gotten fired for it...IE, you shoulda bitched at her and the little shit

Nah, that would be sooooo hard to do. All of the managers there LOVE me. They wouldn't fire me if their lifes depended on it.

Cliff
03-10-2005, 09:21 PM
sam walton drove an old beat up chevy/ford pickup from the times before wal mart till after he made billions on wal mart....he never changed who he was just because of the money so it's really hard to judge...plus hell i drive a nice truck but i will be in debt for years because of it while people driving old junker cars prolly have a ton more money just chillin in the bank than i ever will

Kevykev
03-10-2005, 09:25 PM
sam walton drove an old beat up chevy/ford pickup from the times before wal mart till after he made billions on wal mart...

always.

Leisa
03-10-2005, 09:26 PM
people are not always what they appear to be.... I will never pass judgment on anyone just by looking at them... its once I get to know them when I figure out they are in actuality a fucked up individual...lol

91crxsi
03-10-2005, 09:36 PM
[/QUOTE]if they knew me, they'd know that I have a MUCH better job than McDonald's.[/QUOTE]

i feel ya dude...i recall numerous situations like that back in the days when i worked at wendys.but only if they knew that at our other jobs we got payed double/triple the amount in a couple days than it took us two weeks to get at the burger shop.

bb6
03-10-2005, 09:53 PM
honestly don't give a second thought to what she said... every person in the world has their own opinion, it's how you react to them that defines your character. there is no shame and any job on the earth, as long as it provides for you and your family and your needs and wants..

if i was put in a situation where i had to work fast food i would. no shame in having a job. f people like that.

Brett
03-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Ryan, Can ya hook me up with a 20 Peice Nugget meal and a big ass shake? Id love ya LONG TIME!!! I love that shit brotha!!

ruah_23
03-10-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't see the point why it disturbed u so much. You don't know them and they don't know you.So why does it bother u so much?.And working in the restaurant doesn't make u poor.My previous co-worker works in the restaurant and he earns close to 4-5k a month.His woriking hours sucks but 4-5k that's what fresh college graduate make.

All in all :2up: Opinions

Marta Mike
03-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Thats pretty fucked up. Although it would have bothered me much, its pretty sad that the mother is teaching her child to jude people by where they work, what they drive, etc.

91crxsi
03-10-2005, 11:06 PM
i bet the kid grows up and works at a kfc

Marta Mike
03-10-2005, 11:11 PM
I think waffle house would be better for him :D

The Yousef
03-10-2005, 11:29 PM
i work at wal-mart (aka wally world)....it's amazing what people say to you when they think they're of superior intellect/status....i'm a minority so a) they talk really, really slowly like i'm a imbecile....even though i can speak better english then most of those people...b) i'll try to help them out with a product and they'll cut right into the conversation totally contridicating what i'm telling and sticking to the line of thought....even though i've worked at circuit city for close to 4 years...so i tend to know what i'm talking about...c) they're literally 5 churches within a 3 miles stretch so i get people trying to convert me about once every two weeks...

but that's my rant, i feel you pain dude....

yousef

Julio
03-11-2005, 12:29 AM
read "the Millionaire next door " great book.

I hear that shit all the time.

wannab20hatch
03-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Ryan, Can ya hook me up with a 20 Peice Nugget meal and a big ass shake? Id love ya LONG TIME!!! I love that shit brotha!!

Damnit brett the kids poor hows he gonna hook you up with some nuggets and a shake? I wouldve looked at her and been like acuras are real nice huh? When she answered yes i wouldve pointed at yours and been like yeah i really like mine also. BIOTCH!!! but dont let it bother you man.

ct9a gsr
03-11-2005, 01:22 AM
The opposite passing of judgement holds true too, and I experience it all the time... for example, being in your young 20's with a nice car and everyone assumes you're a spoiled brat...

It's just the way of life, everyone is prejudice to a certain degree... whether they admit it or not.

twkg
03-11-2005, 02:05 AM
just a matter of pride. happens in a lot of places. i used to work at amc n had to deal w/ that. just sucks when someone you dont even know builds an opinion about you just because of where you work. hell i bet the only job shes ever had is hauling that little brat around town. dont sweat that shit though. aint worth it.

civic95
03-11-2005, 07:10 AM
That's when I would of asked the kid "Is your mom a gold-digging stay at home slut"?

I worked at wendy's as a 2nd job 1 summer, and that was the worst job ever. I quickly realized how many thousands of people love to find anything to complain about. I swear they come by just to get in their daily bitch session. I hope I never have to work fast food or retail again.

JagerGirl
03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
People used to think I was poor when I worked at KFC, however, I actually did have a lot more money saved than the average individual, especially one my age. I thought it was funny that when people came through a drive through window and saw me working there they would do everything possible to be the biggest ass to me. It's funny that the nicest person that came through my line was Bill Elliott... He was sooo sweet ALWAYS and sported tons of cash and a mini-van. I don't care if people think I'm poor b/c the truth is I'm richer than a lot of people b/c I can actually look past someone's appearance, job or car. Fuck the stuck up people driving pimped out rides, 9 out of 10 times, they're the ones driving home to a trailer and get no love.

Brett
03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Damnit brett the kids poor hows he gonna hook you up with some nuggets and a shake?

I wanted it free homie!!!

gtikid
03-11-2005, 02:18 PM
i work at wal-mart (aka wally world)....it's amazing what people say to you when they think they're of superior intellect/status....i'm a minority so a) they talk really, really slowly like i'm a imbecile....even though i can speak better english then most of those people...b) i'll try to help them out with a product and they'll cut right into the conversation totally contridicating what i'm telling and sticking to the line of thought....even though i've worked at circuit city for close to 4 years...so i tend to know what i'm talking about...c) they're literally 5 churches within a 3 miles stretch so i get people trying to convert me about once every two weeks...

but that's my rant, i feel you pain dude....

yousef

so where do you work? circuit city or wal-mart?

babygurl
03-11-2005, 02:32 PM
hahaha i live in a mobile home, and people assume im white trash say what you want, but i like where i live always have.....only been there about 6 months, and its nice, has 2 living rooms, 5 bedrooms 3 bath....im one of those up scale white trash bitches..... :) ryan dont worry about what other people say, that kid is going to grow up and get his ass whooped by some other kid that is poor..!!!!!!!!

chrisdavis
03-11-2005, 04:06 PM
I know how you feel, but you'll eventually learn to not let them get to you. I am an industrial mechanic so my hands are permanately dirty and when im in work clothes I look like a bum. It used to bother me when people would look down on me cuz I was dirty. But I realized that I made more $$$ than most of the and it stopped bothering me. :D

B16a2 Civic
03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
word? i would have said to that kid " yo momma "...ultimate roast....word

babygurl
03-11-2005, 05:16 PM
hahhahahaha i hear ya................people look down on me becuase i live in a mobile home....but let me tell you this......it has 5 bedrooms and 3 baths it is big....i dont care what people think....and guess what the house is cozy and i like it....so other peoples opinons dont count......!!!!!!!!

Tracy
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM
If you weren't poor:) and workng at McDonald's who would have served them their greasy ass food. That bitch would have had to cook her son some shit!!! Lazy cunt!!

T-Mo Goodie
03-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I had experienced a situation somewhat like yours. I was bartending at a restaurant/club on Courtland St. when one of the customers decided to get jazzy at the mouth because I wasn't kissing her ass, like she wanted. She said "I can see why you working this bullshit job, 'cause your attitude sucks"

I kindly replied "I probably make more than YOU do, I do anywhere from $800-1500 in 3 days, Fri,Sat, and Sun nights and have the week whole to spend it" Oh her face was fucked up.

Later on that night she wanted to talk about how to get into bartending and asking me where I learned and shit. People really need to stop judging. If the no one was serving fast food, sadly most people wouldn't eat. HAHAHA. If no one did the dirty job of picking up trash, it would be a nasty world. HAHAHA. Now if no one wanted to bartend, then WHO would have gotten her that drink that night. HAHAHA Get my point. Someone has to do it

FrnkPwrs
03-11-2005, 08:10 PM
SIde question, just curious. Which club on Courtland?

T-Mo Goodie
03-11-2005, 08:16 PM
201 Courtland. It is shut down now due to greedy people (managers) stealing from the owner (Marco Coleman, football player) when they made WELLLLLLLLLL enough, but wanted more. Shit I miss "Sippin' on Sundays" I got out of bartending totally now because the money in restaurants just didn't add up to what I was use to making. BUT, I am still wanting to get back into it.

One of the managers was fired for stealing, so he went to the bank and got himself $10,000 out before they took him off the list. He was on the run for a minute too.

uncle_el
03-11-2005, 09:17 PM
201 Courtland. It is shut down now due to greedy people (managers) stealing from the owner (Marco Coleman, football player) when they made WELLLLLLLLLL enough, but wanted more. Shit I miss "Sippin' on Sundays" I got out of bartending totally now because the money in restaurants just didn't add up to what I was use to making. BUT, I am still wanting to get back into it.

One of the managers was fired for stealing, so he went to the bank and got himself $10,000 out before they took him off the list. He was on the run for a minute too.

it's back open as the jazz loft... unless that's been shut down too!

T-Mo Goodie
03-11-2005, 09:25 PM
If it is, it won't be the same as before.

Fri and Sat nights used to be live jazz, and Sunday morning brunch w/ Larry Tensley of V103 and then Sunday night w/ "sippin on Sunday's" with people visiting and throwing parties like Mannie Fresh, Jay-Z, Usher, Mike Vick and the falcons, Phat Farm, LL Cool J, Puffy, Fabolus, Outkast, etc. I can go on for days. HAHA

The Yousef
03-11-2005, 09:42 PM
so where do you work? circuit city or wal-mart?

wal-mart...used to work for circuit... :)

The Yousef
03-11-2005, 09:44 PM
If you weren't poor:) and workng at McDonald's who would have served them their greasy ass food. That bitch would have had to cook her son some shit!!! Lazy cunt!!

^word^..... :)

x8Yokohama8x
03-11-2005, 11:32 PM
dude ryan your poor lol jk

Dragonfly5338
03-12-2005, 12:23 AM
shoulda said "yeah, i'm poor.. but yo momma sucked my dick last night"

BufordŽ
03-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Lmao. That's a good one.